• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Link
Order online for $99.99, then pick it up at the store and use their regular 20% coupon, came out $79.99 plus tax. 
Good reviews on Amazon

Bed Bath and Beyond
Need a Bed Bath and Beyond coupon that earns Up to 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
If you eat a lot of rice, or want to start eating a lot of rice these things are a godsend.  They make perfect rice in ~45 min and keep it perfect for over 2 days! Very convenient.  Even 3 days after the rice is still good but starts to get 'porridgy' which I don't like buy many are fine with it.  Zorjirushi is the top brand.  
Great deal OP. I don't need one. I've owned the same Zorjirushi rice maker for about 10 years. its stil flawless.  Top Recommendation.

Also,
These things will last forever as long as you take care of the non-stick.  It's easy to take care of non-stick in a rice maker, much harder to be nice to a non-stick pan.  I advise never to use a nylon scruby on it. You don't need to. I only use a sponge.  I lived with a Korean with impeccable hygiene who advised me to only rinse it and not even use a sponge.  I use a sponge but would never use anything more, because my non-stick surface is perfect. I only make white rice in mine. If you are they type to use a fork to get the rice out, don't bother buying it.

rated:
is there a difference from this one and the one they sell at costco? sorry forgot the sku, but its also zojirushi 5.5 cups

rated:
icecow said:   ... If you are they type to use a fork to get the rice out, don't bother buying it.
Nice thing is about these (and most) of the nicer rice cookers is that they come with a perfectly sized small rice spatula for serving, obviating the need for sticking a fork in it.

That said, I had an eight year old Zojirushi and the cook pot was have its nonstick starting to peel. They sold a replacement one for ~$15-20, just had to call.

rated:
The Aroma brand from costco cooks white/brown rice really well. $30 only.

rated:
garycook said:   The Aroma brand from costco cooks white/brown rice really well. $30 only.
  Aroma is okay if you just want your rice cooked. If you prefer a better (or best) cooked rice, you will need a model like this or other higher end brand. They also offer other functions plus a timer. 

rated:
Based on Amazon site, looks like this model is made in China.

rated:
I can't find this on Amazon, but we have a different model Zojirushi and we love it.

rated:
smalldeal said:   
garycook said:   The Aroma brand from costco cooks white/brown rice really well. $30 only.
  Aroma is okay if you just want your rice cooked. If you prefer a better (or best) cooked rice, you will need a model like this or other higher end brand. They also offer other functions plus a timer. 

agree!  The higher end rice cookers cook rice more evenly.  On the cheaper style units, the rice at the bottom can be harder / dried out.   I have a Costco Aroma bought 13+ yrs ago and it worked ok.  Then I got a high end unit and I realized how much better in texture the rice turned out.  Also, the current Costco models have a much thinner inner pot than the one I bought - probably another cost-cutting measure at the manufacturer.

rated:
yuphehe said:   is there a difference from this one and the one they sell at costco? sorry forgot the sku, but its also zojirushi 5.5 cups
Don't know about the difference but I have one that I got from Costco two years back, and it cooks the rice the best!

rated:
webdoctors said:   Based on Amazon site, looks like this model is made in China.
  Just like everything else in US, most of Zojirushi nowadays are made in China.
If you're looking for made in Japan Zojirushis, I read this on Amazon
Rice Cookers manufactured in Japan. NP-HTC10/18, NP-HBC10/18, NP-KAC10/18, NP-GBC05, NS-YAC10/18, NS-ZCC10/18, NS-DAC10" The response came from their office in California. The phone # is 1-800-733-6270 ext 106; and the writer was chico@zojirushi.com.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.