• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Credit to in the Nasheedb in the Financial implications of running a dashcam in your car thread in Finance forum.
I have been looking at this camera.  Seems to be a good price.
Current price is $52.10 on Amazon

http://www.banggood.com/Full-HD1080P-G1WH-LCD-Car-DVR-Recorder-G... 
Use coupon B25627 which brought my total down to $42.49 

Member Summary

G1WH (36.42kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Sample video for those who are interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pytikpEJpgU

rated:
Just as an FYI...this ships from Hong Kong

rated:
Myers215 said:   Is it possible that a $42 dashcam can take decent video?
  Yep I have a G1W and its good. Check out youtube for sample videos as well.

https://dashcamtalk.com/g1w/

rated:
I have two of them and they are pretty good for the price. The "slide in" slotted mount of the camera to the suction cup windshield base is a bit loose. Most owners put a small piece of tape over the "slot" and trim it to take up the looseness in the mount. Otherwise, along with a CLASS 4 or 6 nine dollar 32GB micro SD it works great. Remember. .. do NOT use a pricey Class 10 micro SD. The camera does not need or seem to like them.

rated:
nevermind...

rated:
it's a good deal.  However, from my personal experience, you are taking a risk with electronic purchase from oversea.  I had to return a defective camera with my own shipping cost and it took 3 months to settle.

rated:
You might also want to check out this discussion here about the pros and cons of dashcams.

rated:
the domain name history of banggood could be interesting

rated:
For those even "more FW," this one is only $15.99 Amazon.com/gp/product/B0053DDNW6 . Note though the quality may not be as good (but it doesn't look like the difference is that much from the videos in the reviews), but there are also Fulfillment by Amazon options for those who doesn't want it shipped from Hong Kong.

rated:
Waiting on my $19 DealExtreme one to show up. I'm positive it will be janky as hell, but oh well.

rated:
Screed my links up. 

rated:
Dash Cam  Ok, bought 3 of these over a 6 month period.  The last two were bought a week apart as another family member decided they wanted one.  3 different purchases, 3 different cams eventhough externally they all looked the same.  The first cam worked fine, happy camper.  The last two, not so much.  Not wide angle, bad lenses, disappointment.  Pulled the cams apart just out of curiosity, 3 different sets of internals inside cases that were darn near clones of each other.  These are one of the most copied devices out there.  Be warned.

Happy Dash Cam  Pretty much what is in the first post.   I bought this one in November 2013 and it has been great.  Good video quality, and no problems yet.  Just one of things....be careful as anything that sells gets copied.

rated:
There are a lot of cheap copies that look almost identical but perform poor. No way to tell until you get a unit to try. Good luck.

rated:
Got a real one from GearBest.com last time and couldn't be happier. They now have the C model (with capacitor better for hot weather) on sale with coupon GBG1W for $42 shipped -original ~$64 http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_67201.html 
Those are real novatek 96550 processor and can also be flashed with different firmware.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014