• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Linky

Certified Moto X is available for $199.99 for Verizon Prepaid. It is factory unlocked and will work with T-Mobile and AT&T at HSPA + speeds no LTE. You can use the phone with Verizon if you choose

Don't forget FW CashBack. I believe you have to sign up for 1 month service upfront. I was able to cancel my service after 5 days but kept the phone. YMMV.

Member Summary

moto x (354.75kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
op, any further details on how you canceled? just ordered online, activated when you received it, then called in five d... (more)

impasse (Sep. 26, 2014 @ 1:12p) |

Yup! They first said I needed to return the phone and I said I paid full price. Money returned to my cc no questions ask... (more)

DesiVibe (Sep. 26, 2014 @ 4:18p) |

lovely, i might try this then, thanks!  i'm in sudden need of a temporary replacement/backup phone, as my xperia zl had ... (more)

impasse (Sep. 26, 2014 @ 5:48p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
In the meantime, the Moto G gets a $20 price drop at Amazon. It's now $179, or $199 with LTE.

rated:
Supposedly the successor will be announced tomorrow

rated:
Moto G2 is coming tomorrow.

rated:
Best phone I've ever owned. I'll never go back to a Samsung device. Hopefully Lenovo can keep up the Moto X quality.

rated:
This phone is world unlocked for the SIM. Can someone who owns this ph ans the following question.
I'm in U.S. and want to use this phone for PagePlus (voice/text/3g data) and also use the SIM slot for H2O (AT&T) for voice/text only. I don't want to go with GSM and use a dual SIM adapter for 2 numbers.

rated:
Page Plus does not yet support Verizon LTE phones. You have to hack them into 3G / CDMA phones. PP expects to support 4g phones around end of year.

rated:
Also no (modern) Verizon phones allow using the CDMA side for voice and the SIM slot for a GSM spare line. You have to SIM swap or use two devices (as I do).

rated:
Can this phone be activated with Republic Wireless?

rated:
klcl said:   Can this phone be activated with Republic Wireless?
  No. RW uses special programming.

rated:
PP is going to get LTE starting October. Perfect time to buy this phone and switch to PP when it gets LTE

rated:
DesiVibe said:   PP is going to get LTE starting October. Perfect time to buy this phone and switch to PP when it gets LTE
  I would be pleasantly surprised if PP allows this phone, but I am doubtful that they will. Thus far, PagePlus has not allowed Verizon Prepaid phones to be activated on their network. Also, their 4G is not universal across their plans. It only applies to their monthly plans of $29.95 or more.

In any case, this is a good deal.

rated:
PP will only allow this phone if it has been activated on Prepaid Verizon for 6 months.

rated:
Very tempted to upgrade my verizon Galaxy Nexus on the unlimited plan. Reviews make it sound like it's not that huge of a difference though - even though it's a few years newer. Runs kitkat, but gnex does that with cyanogenmod. Maybe I should wait. Do'h! Too many good deals on this site. Must stay strong...

rated:
forbin4040 said:   PP will only allow this phone if it has been activated on Prepaid Verizon for 6 months.

Buy it now and use it on Verizon for 6 months and swtich to PP

rated:
I expect there will not be a six month wait for Verizon LTE prepaid phones on PagePlus LTE.

Reason being, Verizon agreed not to lock/restrict the use of LTE device in order to license Band 13 from the FCC. Today you can take a Galaxy S III prepaid and use it immediately on a Verizon postpay account. I see no reason why PagePlus will be different.

Of course, Verizon could pull anything, won't know until we activate the first device in the field.

rated:
you might be on to something.  I purchased a used Moto X in July that was used on the Verizon Prepaid side in May.  I called Verizon postpaid in August and I was told that the phone was free to be activated with them.  Therefore, it should clear to activate on PagePlus.

rated:
Can I purchase this and after the month is over use it on verizon with my unlimited data plan?

rated:
You might be able to use the phone without waiting the month.  Not sure, but I do not believe the salespeople in the store are going to be very helpful and answer that question honestly.

rated:
op, any further details on how you canceled? just ordered online, activated when you received it, then called in five days later and they refunded the pro-rated portion of the $45 and let you keep the phone, or? thanks!

rated:
impasse said:   op, any further details on how you canceled? just ordered online, activated when you received it, then called in five days later and they refunded the pro-rated portion of the $45 and let you keep the phone, or? thanks!

Yup! They first said I needed to return the phone and I said I paid full price. Money returned to my cc no questions asked

rated:
DesiVibe said:   
impasse said:   op, any further details on how you canceled? just ordered online, activated when you received it, then called in five days later and they refunded the pro-rated portion of the $45 and let you keep the phone, or? thanks!
  Yup! They first said I needed to return the phone and I said I paid full price. Money returned to my cc no questions asked

lovely, i might try this then, thanks!  i'm in sudden need of a temporary replacement/backup phone, as my xperia zl had a magically known problem and died, and is now pending repair and amex extended warranty coverage.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014