• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Etihad Incredible Offer from Los Angeles & San Francisco!
Take advantage of our fantastic special offer & enjoy huge discounts in Economy Class from Los Angeles and San Francisco (San Francisco starting November 18, 2014) to some of our most popular destinations Mumbai, New Delhi, Madras, Islamabad, Bangkok & Teheran. Hurry, these fares are valid for a limited time only. Sale is valid until 07 September, 2014. Travel is valid from 02 September, 2014 to 30 November, 2014.
http://www.etihad.com/en-us/deals/promotions-main/

Member Summary

etihad (62.56kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
man people are complaining about Etihad service. Wait till you board AirFrance flights. It is one of worst airline in th... (more)

javaman2003 (Sep. 05, 2014 @ 11:38a) |

Boy you need to try other airlines.... Malaysia, Siri Lanka, Cathay pacific, British airlines & Qatar airlines.
Ethihad a... (more)

qUAan (Sep. 05, 2014 @ 9:38p) |

To make space for those super luxury areas they have to shoehorn them into economy.  The planes don't get bigger.  

RedWolfe01 (Sep. 06, 2014 @ 6:48a) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Some sample pricing in the post might be nice.

rated:
Book by: 7 Sep 2014

You must travel between:
18 Nov 2014 - 30 Nov 2014

Minimum and maximum stay:
0 DAYS / 4 months

San Francisco CA -
Islamabad
Mumbai - Economy from $ 999
New Delhi - Economy from $ 999
Tehran - Economy from $ 999
Chennai - Economy from $ 999

Los Angeles CA -
Bangkok
Islamabad - Economy from $ 998
Mumbai - Economy from $ 999
New Delhi - Economy from $ 999
Tehran - Economy from $ 999
Chennai - Economy from $ 999

rated:
I was super confused how 1k was "incredible" but then I looked around the website. This looks like the rolls Royce of air travel.

rated:
A good website doesn't makes something a Rolls Royce. I have traveled with one of the airlines from that part of the world and even though the planes are really good, the service was downright worst.

rated:
jd2010 said:   I was super confused how 1k was "incredible" but then I looked around the website. This looks like the rolls Royce of air travel.

We flew Etihad internationally and it was terrible.  Definitely don't book this because you think Etihad is an outstanding carrier.

Specifically, the seats are narrower than other international carriers and their carry on weight limit requirements are absurd.

rated:
tadr said:   
jd2010 said:   I was super confused how 1k was "incredible" but then I looked around the website. This looks like the rolls Royce of air travel.

We flew Etihad internationally and it was terrible.  Definitely don't book this because you think Etihad is an outstanding carrier.

Specifically, the seats are narrower than other international carriers and their carry on weight limit requirements are absurd.

Emirates beats etihad any day-- thats the Rolls Royce!

rated:
prastogi2012 said:   
tadr said:   

Emirates beats etihad any day-- thats the Rolls Royce!

according to seatguru...Emirates has small seats too

rated:
geekdom said:   A good website doesn't makes something a Rolls Royce. I have traveled with one of the airlines from that part of the world and even though the planes are really good, the service was downright worst.

Well,  the airlines from "that part of the world" consistently receives awards for the best airlines of the world.  Among the top ten airlines for 2014, four are from "that part of the world". 

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2014/Airline2014.htm

rated:
I find it odd that someone would take a flight from LAX -AUH - BKK seeing as how that's 25 hours of travel compared to ~only 18 hours going the other direction.

My only (and last flight) on Etihad was from Chicago to Abu Dhabi.  Had to make a unplanned stop in Bangor Maine because some drunk lady kept throwing up and then another unplanned landing in London because someone had a heart attack (and ended up deceased by the time he was removed from the plane), so we had to spend the night in London and arrived around 24 hours late. 

rated:
I don't see any big discount on this link though. ;(

rated:
The last time I flew on etihad my seat was assigned to someone else also( software glitch I guess). Fortunately we both could fly.

rated:
jiveturkey said:   I find it odd that someone would take a flight from LAX -AUH - BKK seeing as how that's 25 hours of travel compared to ~only 18 hours going the other direction.

My only (and last flight) on Etihad was from Chicago to Abu Dhabi.  Had to make a unplanned stop in Bangor Maine because some drunk lady kept throwing up and then another unplanned landing in London because someone had a heart attack (and ended up deceased by the time he was removed from the plane), so we had to spend the night in London and arrived around 24 hours late. 

So it was not the airlines fault. Just your luck. It could've happened in any airline.

rated:
I have traveled with Etihad before and I will never do it again. Their service is terrible and yes, even though they have newer and nicer planes, they are cramped. Now compare it with Emirates (the service is good) and Qatar airways (supposedly have more leg room), they are so much better. I am travelling with Qatar and will know how good they are, but have friends and family traveled with them recently and they liked it.

rated:
You have to realize that the majority of the passengers on these airlines do not use deodorant.

rated:
in economy class, sure

rated:
I travelled Austria airlines for $770 for the New Years 2014. (Fantastic service perfect seats with lots of room)
I don't care for Emirates or etihad. I am from that country (that part of the world), and I don't give a damn about them or what the country has to offer.

rated:
coolwaves said:   You have to realize that the majority of the passengers on these airlines do not use deodorant.
  LOL..

rated:
Eithad is doing immigration at abu dhabi for people flying back to USA and I heard the service is terrible.
If for some reason your name does not get cleared by US authorities you are stuck at the airport with no hotel.
If you are travelling by family it will be a nightmare.
Couple of my friends had worse experience.

rated:
fastt said:   Eithad is doing immigration at abu dhabi for people flying back to USA and I heard the service is terrible.
If for some reason your name does not get cleared by US authorities you are stuck at the airport with no hotel.
If you are travelling by family it will be a nightmare.
Couple of my friends had worse experience.

That immigration is not done by Etihad, it's done by the U.S. DHS at Abu Dhabi just like it's done at Canadian and Irish airports for flights bound for U.S. So, if you have immigration issue at Abu Dhabi, then you'd have same issues at U.S. airports as well.  Same people, same system.  My bother-in-law recently arrived on Etihad and he said it was super easy as once he landed in U.S. he simply retrieved his baggage and walked out. 

rated:
coolwaves said:   You have to realize that the majority of the passengers on these airlines do not use deodorant.

Very funny...what does that have to do with the airline's quality of service ?

rated:
ggmon said:   The last time I flew on etihad my seat was assigned to someone else also( software glitch I guess). Fortunately we both could fly.
  How did you decide which would be the lap passenger?

rated:
man people are complaining about Etihad service. Wait till you board AirFrance flights. It is one of worst airline in the world. Charles De Gaulle airport is the worst in the world too. Bad combination. We took a round trip to Asia and had an unscheduled overnight stay in Airport both to and fro. Unbelievable.

All i can say is dont compare Etihad with Emirates. Etihad is good but not on par with Emirates.

rated:
Boy you need to try other airlines.... Malaysia, Siri Lanka, Cathay pacific, British airlines & Qatar airlines.
Ethihad and Emirates are bling to look (because of stupid reviews paid by oil producing sheikhs)at but ghetto services.

rated:
qUAan said:   Boy you need to try other airlines.... Malaysia, Siri Lanka, Cathay pacific, British airlines & Qatar airlines.
Ethihad and Emirates are bling to look (because of stupid reviews paid by oil producing sheikhs)at but ghetto services.

To make space for those super luxury areas they have to shoehorn them into economy.  The planes don't get bigger.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014