2008 (10.75kB)

2009 (11.26kB)

2010 (13.32kB)

2011a (14.33kB)

2011b (9.79kB)

2012 (12.63kB)

2013 (9.84kB)

2014 (40.20kB)
It’s that time of year again. Yes, it’s our 8th year (believe it or not) of handing out specially-designed shirts for Black Friday. Like last year, we are going to have our community design shirts, we pick our favorites, and from the finalists our community selects a winner through our voting gallery.

How do I submit a design to the Community T-Shirt Contest and how does it work?

To submit a design to the community contest, just reply to this thread an upload it as an attachment. The submission must be postmarked between Wednesday 9/30/15 Noon (CST) and 10/13/15 Noon (CST). Each member is only allowed to have 3 designs submitted. Make sure you follow the Design Guide below. If you submit a design, you will receive:

• A Private Message with a link to claim your free FatWallet Black Friday 2015 T-shirt! (Only one shirt per person.)
  • A 2015 Black Friday T-Shirt Design badge.
  • An entry into a drawing for one of ten $50 gift cards to shop at your favorite FatWallet store! (One entry per member.)

Once we have received all of the designs, we will look them over and pick our favorites (probably five). Before we present them, we will make sure that they are legal and what we consider fair representations of our brand. We will then present what we consider to be the top designs back to the community to pick their favorite.

Short version:

1. Members submit designs
  2. We narrow it down to our favorites
  3. Members choose a winner from the favorites

(Note: In order to vote, your account will have to have posted at least once in our community.)

If you win the BF Community T-shirt Design Contest, you will receive:

• A box of FatWallet premium schwag
  • The coveted 2015 “Ding Ding” Winner's badge and all the bragging rights that come with it!
  • 12 Black Friday 2015 Black Friday T-Shirts with your crazy awesome winning design that you can give to others!
  • A gift card loaded with $500 to spend at your favorite FatWallet store!

How Do I Earn the Community T-Shirt?

To earn the Community Design Winner shirt, you need to do one of the following:

• Submit a t-shirt design to the Community Contest
  • Submit a qualifying Hot Deal (see thread here )

(Note: Only one shirt per member.)

Good luck everyone, and have fun!

Terms & Conditions
Begins September 23, 2015 at 10:00 AM PDT and ends October 13, 2015 at 10:00 AM PDT.  Void where prohibited by law.  Must be 18 or older at the start of Contest, be a legal resident of the US or DC, have a computer, internet connection, and a FatWallet account in good standing.  Go to the submission thread at (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1460283/) click the Reply button, leave a comment about your t-shirt design and attach your design in JPG, BMP, GIF or PNG format under one MB.  Only three submissions per natural person per email address.  Sponsored by FatWallet, 160 Spear St., 19th Fl., San Francisco, CA 94105.  See (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1463517/ ) for complete Rules and details. 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Submission #2 without the BF warrior...

Mulox (Oct. 13, 2015 @ 10:32a) |

That was then...this is now tee shirt, maybe on light blue or light gray.  This is my first time using paint so hope I g... (more)

ang2008 (Oct. 13, 2015 @ 11:14a) |

Thank you everyone for contributing. Now, we're off to look over the submissions and pick some finalists for the voting ... (more)

VBMcGB (Oct. 13, 2015 @ 12:01p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

All Black (136.96kB)

All White (137.34kB)

Swirl (128.17kB)

Please review the design guidelines, grab the logos below, and create a super snazzy t-shirt design your fellow community members will want to choose as their favorite! Submit Designs 9/30/15 Noon (CST) - 10/13/15 Noon (CST)

• Only FatWallet members can enter a design or vote.
  • Aside from the FatWallet logo, your entries must be your own original, unpublished work and must not include any third-party logos or copyrighted material. By entering the competition, you agree that your submission is your own work and you give FatWallet all rights to the image.
  • Quality not quantity is the goal. Multiple designs must be submitted as separate entries. Only one entry per person will be allowed in the final voting round. Only one free shirt will be awarded to each FatWallet member.

Elements of a Qualifying Design:

• Incorporate both Black Friday 2015 and the FatWallet logo. (The logo may be either green and black, green and white, all black, or all white. The swirl can be used as an additional design element.)
  • Fit inside an area of 17” wide and 18” high, on the front of a t-shirt.
  • Use 3 colors maximum plus the background color of the shirt. No gradients, drop shadows or glow effects.

• Example: gray shirt, green and black logo, plus white accent.
    • Gray shirt: Background color
    • Green & Black logo = 1st and 2nd color
    • White accent: 3rd color
    • The FW logo is PMS Green 376

• Submissions must be formatted as jpg or png. May not be on t-shirt background. One image submission per topic.
  • NOTE: FatWallet reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not meet design, copyright guidelines or are not in line with FatWallet values. We reserve the right to alter winning design for production suitability.

FatWallet Logos
Click images on left for larger format.

Common reasons for disqualifications:

• Using more than the 3 colors plus the t-shirt
  • Including gradients, drop shadows, glow effects (they count as multiple colors)
  • Alteration of the FatWallet logo
  • Use of clipart or copyrighted images

Design Submission:

• Upload only one design per reply to this topic. (If you have multiple designs to upload, please upload them in separate replies so we can disqualify those that need it without disqualifying all your designs.)
  • If you have multiple designs to offer, we need to keep it to no more than three. If you would like to swap out a design, just let us know which one to remove.
  • The deadline to enter is 10/13/15, 12:00 PM (Noon) CST
  • Any designs that we do not feel can be duplicated for t-shirt silk-screening may not be included in the voting. We will do our best to notify you with a PM in a timely manner so you have the opportunity to submit another entry.

How about posting the prior year winners or finalists for inspiration?

Looks great..

I've got the last few years of someone else's design. This year is mine

looking forward to defending my trophy!

anyways, can we FINALLY retire the "KEEP CALM" designs. They keep getting selected to the finals, and they don't win.

I am looking forward to making another design, this is my 3rd year.  Tho I don't win, it is fun to do anyway, it...stretches my creative side.  And the up side is:  I get a new t-shirt!...LOL

Good luck everyone!

This is always fun!!

UPDATED (887.51kB)
We get up when prices go down. I know a lot of people stick with online shopping for BF now, but to me it's still about getting up early and enjoying the crowds... and maybe seeing a little drama. EDIT: Corrected date.

Gameplan (2.57MB)

Shirt (69.56kB)
FRESH OFF THE PRESS I'm not sold on the 'Don't show up without a gameplay' slogan, so I may post alternate versions. I'm also open to suggestions if anyone has an idea. Also, I would print this black square on a charcoal grey shirt.

Redacted out of copyright concerns.

With a tip o' the hat to Pink Floyd.

White tshirt

tshirt (155.67kB)
White Tshirt

In for one.

Here's mine.

It's that time of year again! Good luck to all

Black Friday 2015
No line.
No problem.

Love this rule:  Each member is only allowed to have 3 designs submitted (but I still think you should spread the wealth around. Each finalist should get a gift card, and the winner a little bit bigger one. )

Hmmm... what to do for this year's designs...

I wonder how many of the following there will be:

1) slightly redone old ideas
2) FW themed (years) old copies of once (quasi?) popular logos/symbols/posters (i.e.: Breaking Bad, "Keep Calm...", etc., etc.)

Kudos to everyone who come up with someone original, no matter what your artistic ability is.

And yes, FWIW, I have made submissions in the past that were and are totally different than anything that were posted.

It is that time of year again... last weekend went into Sears and they already had all of their Christmas displays up... trees and white cotton fluff on the floor everywhere.

Wow, only 3 entries per person, I better make them good.
Here is my 1st entry.

Original graphic (which I edited) is freeware and taken from here: http://www.clker.com/clipart-sluyter-cinema-1.html 

Good luck to all the entrants

Sorry, but #BlackLivesMatter should NOT be parodied into a company motto.
Just my opinion

Moderator Comment: Thanks for the feedback. We agree and have removed those entries. --VBMcGB — Oct. 1, 2015 @ 11:44am
Why do people post submissions before their design is finalized?

Last year had some awesome designs. Hope the creativity hasn't run out

someone last year pointed out that london underground designs violate copyright laws

green shirt

Tresh said:   green shirt
  Nice, but since some of us are "fat", how about black shirt, with green & white lettering?

Good luck to all.
EDIT: Entry Removed to allow for a new entry.

black shirt version

There are 365 black fridays

Glad you're back, Denco. I had to do one for you last year... and only being allowed 3, I couldn't fit it in this year!

Here's version 1.

Here's version 2

forgot what year it was w/o looking at it - the one that says "I already got it online at FW, I'm here just to watch you people fight for it" is my fav., I always gets laughs when people see/read...

Canucklehead said:   Glad you're back, Denco. I had to do one for you last year... and only being allowed 3, I couldn't fit it in!
Appreciate it, Canucklehead!

MangoSeason said:   Sorry, but #BlackLivesMatter should NOT be parodied into a company motto.
Just my opinion

I would have thought it went without saying, but I guess ...

coachscott said:   White tshirt
  Potentially mesmerizing, especially if this is ladies version.  

Skipping 212 Messages...
Thank you everyone for contributing. Now, we're off to look over the submissions and pick some finalists for the voting gallery. Stay tuned!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015