• filter:
  • 14 5 67841
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Re: jcpenney JUST4U - yes, the Spring & Summer Bigbook. I am in MN; I purchased online was A725-2134A - $209.00 before coupon applied, $125.99 after.

rated:
Is the "Spring and Summer Big Book" catalog accessible online? If so, could someone post a link? If not, does Penny's have copies that can be picked up in-store?

rated:
TheGrayMan said:

<< Is the "Spring and Summer Big Book" catalog accessible online? If so, could someone post a link? If not, does Penny's have copies that can be picked up in-store? >>

The catlog isn't online exactly, but the items in it are generally the same as the ones online, but with barely changed catalog numbers (there are exceptions of course, not every item online is in the catalog and vice versa) You CAN order the Spring/Summer Bigbook itself from the website for $5; I'm not sure about picking one up in the store though, I've never tried it. The best bet really is to convert online numbers to the Spring/Summer Bigbook catalog number format.

From an earlier post:
Rule of thumb method to convert online numbers to catalog numbers: replace the beginning letter (or letters if there are 2) with A, then drop any trailing letters at the end. Example: RN843-6707D becomes A843-6707.

rated:
Prncsnyc said:

<< I had all "a's" in my item numbers and I could not get the 40% off code to work.
>>

Same here Prncsnyc.

Thanks barbnbob for the info. Nothing I do seems to work so far, but maybe I can figure it out using these pointers... will post more if I make a breakthrough!

rated:
I emailed JCPenney support (not from my main account of course) asking about the JUST4U promotion and if it's limited to certain groups, locations, etc., and if there's any trick to get it to work. This is the reply I received, so I'm not sure why I can't get it to work for me. If anyone that has gotten it to work has any idea of what they may have done out of the norm to get it to work, please let us know. Thanks!

Thank you for contacting us online.

The "JUST4U" promotion details are listed below.

DISCOUNT OFFER: END OF SUMMER CLEARANCE. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: 40% OFF APPAREL, SHOES & ACCESSORIES, BEDDING, BATH, DECORATIVE ACCESSORIES, TABLE LINENS, WINDOW COVERINGS, RUGS, AND LUGGAGE FROM THE JCPENNEY BIG BOOK SPRING/SUMMER 2003 WHILE SUPPLIES LAST

The order can be placed online using only the JCPenney Big Book Spring/Summer 2003 (key items numbers listed in this catalog, into the "Shop from our Catalogs" field) or you can call us at 1.800.222.6161 to place your order using the Spring/Summer 2003 Big Book.

Thank you for shopping with JCPenney.

JCPenney Internet Customer Service

rated:
not sure what the heck happened but I was able to placec my order with the 2 free things and then I got an e-mail just now saying my order shipped. Well they removed the two free items and raised the shipping by a dollar!

rated:
Prncsnyc said:

<< not sure what the heck happened but I was able to placec my order with the 2 free things and then I got an e-mail just now saying my order shipped. Well they removed the two free items and raised the shipping by a dollar! >>

They removed both? That's not right, and I'm very surprised. I would follow-up with them, since you have a confirmation that states exactly what you ordered, with prices, taxes, & shipping.

rated:
FYI, Due to a technical glitch, I am unable to update the OP (hopefully temporarily).

New free shipping code: V5FWBB = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more from the Fall & Winter 2003 catalog (numbers beginning with R). Expires 7/30/03.

rated:
leeese said:

<< Prncsnyc said:

<< not sure what the heck happened but I was able to placec my order with the 2 free things and then I got an e-mail just now saying my order shipped. Well they removed the two free items and raised the shipping by a dollar! >>

They removed both? That's not right, and I'm very surprised. I would follow-up with them, since you have a confirmation that states exactly what you ordered, with prices, taxes, & shipping.
>>

yeah! I was surprised, annoyed, ticked off....lol. I just sent off an e-mail to them..will let yo know what happens.

rated:
Update: After some persistance, someone in JCPenney support sent the reply below, confirming that you must use the code on the original post card to use the JUST4U discount, which is baffling -- did any of you who got this to work have to enter or submit a validation code online or via phone? I wish I could figure out why it works for some and not for others.

The message you are getting means that we need to check the validation
code for the JUST4U promotion that you received to make sure the
information is correct. Please call our customer service department at
1-800-322-1189 so that we can better assist you.

leeese said:

<< I emailed JCPenney support (not from my main account of course) asking about the JUST4U promotion and if it's limited to certain groups, locations, etc., and if there's any trick to get it to work. This is the reply I received, so I'm not sure why I can't get it to work for me. If anyone that has gotten it to work has any idea of what they may have done out of the norm to get it to work, please let us know. Thanks!

Thank you for contacting us online.

The "JUST4U" promotion details are listed below.

DISCOUNT OFFER: END OF SUMMER CLEARANCE. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: 40% OFF APPAREL, SHOES & ACCESSORIES, BEDDING, BATH, DECORATIVE ACCESSORIES, TABLE LINENS, WINDOW COVERINGS, RUGS, AND LUGGAGE FROM THE JCPENNEY BIG BOOK SPRING/SUMMER 2003 WHILE SUPPLIES LAST

The order can be placed online using only the JCPenney Big Book Spring/Summer 2003 (key items numbers listed in this catalog, into the "Shop from our Catalogs" field) or you can call us at 1.800.222.6161 to place your order using the Spring/Summer 2003 Big Book.

Thank you for shopping with JCPenney.

JCPenney Internet Customer Service
>>

rated:
Prncsnyc said:

<< yeah! I was surprised, annoyed, ticked off....lol. I just sent off an e-mail to them..will let yo know what happens. >>

I don't blame you; I would be too! Sorry that happened, I didn't have any problem like that. For what it's worth, you aren't missing out on much in these free items. LOL

rated:
lol..yeah I imagine they must be pretty cheesy. I wish they posted a pic of them. They sure were pricey for being "free" I kinda just wanted to surprise my mom with some extras. What really baffles me is that they raised the shipping.

rated:
Hiya -

Just placed my order and got the following in my shopping cart:

CAMEO LOCKET
Item# CD749-1151B
In Stock $30.00 Special
Promotion ($30.00) $0.00

SHLDR TOTE GWP
Item# CF749-1052B
In Stock $25.00 Special
Promotion ($25.00) $0.00

Let's hope it works and the stuff is nice!

rated:
tizag said:

<< Hiya -

Just placed my order and got the following in my shopping cart:

CAMEO LOCKET
Item# CD749-1151B
In Stock $30.00 Special
Promotion ($30.00) $0.00

SHLDR TOTE GWP
Item# CF749-1052B
In Stock $25.00 Special
Promotion ($25.00) $0.00

Let's hope it works and the stuff is nice!
>>

please post if they take it off your order or not.

rated:
What is the best code to use on a $78 July 4 sale order consisting of women's clothes? There are too many codes in this thread for me to follow.
The items I am trying to order are, by the way, QA841-8081D; QA820-7172D; QA841-4157D; QA826-9207D; QA632-9004D.

Thanks!

rated:
cibalom said:

<< What is the best code to use on a $78 July 4 sale order consisting of women's clothes? There are too many codes in this thread for me to follow.
The items I am trying to order are, by the way, QA841-8081D; QA820-7172D; QA841-4157D; QA826-9207D; QA632-9004D.

Thanks!
>>

All the codes are in one place, in the first post of the thread (except for one, but it's just free shipping, so not anything unique.) Most discount codes won't work on outlet items (which all of yours are based on the QA catalog numbers), so I am guessing free shipping is about as good as you are going to get. You can try playing around with the catalog numbers, replacing QA with A or RN or ZW or CN or R, etc., to see if any better prices can be had, but outlet items usually can't be taken any lower. Good luck.

rated:
Prncsnyc said:

<<

please post if they take it off your order or not.
>>

They didn't take it off my order! I got final confirmation and it's there. Free shipping too.

rated:
The V4FWBB free shipping code didn't work for outlet items when I tried. But the GFSBB code did. Anybody else have the same experience?

rated:
jhor said:

<< The V4FWBB free shipping code didn't work for outlet items when I tried. But the GFSBB code did. Anybody else have the same experience? >>

I just double-checked them and again both worked for me for outlet items. But the JCPenney system is anything but consistent, so it doesn't surprise me too much that some may see different results!

rated:
My apologies to everyone for the OP not being kept up to date. I am still unable to edit it and update it because of a technical glitch. Fatwallet support is working to figure out what's wrong, and hopefully I'll soon be able to edit and update the OP like before so that everything is kept in one place and easy to reference. Until then I'll post information in the thread as it comes in.

rated:
jhor said:

<< The V4FWBB free shipping code didn't work for outlet items when I tried. But the GFSBB code did. Anybody else have the same experience? >>

ditto here. All the codes (that were suppose to be still valid) with the exception of the GFSBB code doesn't work. I've tried each code several times.

o well....free shipping is still good. Though wish there was a code for free shipping AND no tax.

rated:
leeese said:

<< jhor said:

I just double-checked them and again both worked for me for outlet items. But the JCPenney system is anything but consistent, so it doesn't surprise me too much that some may see different results!
>>

I just tried and it works now. Thanks leeese!

rated:
Any of these codes work on Furniture? I can't seem to get them to work...

rated:
slackerace said:

<< Any of these codes work on Furniture? I can't seem to get them to work... >>

Let me know if you do...going to B&M tomorrow, but would rather order online with, say, 20% extra off

rated:
BM mens cargo shorts on clearence 9.99

pretty warm

I am assuming all are aware of ongoing sale

rated:
slackerace said:

<< Any of these codes work on Furniture? I can't seem to get them to work... >>

None work with furniture, currently (unfortunately). Will definitely emphasize any that do in the future, since it seems quite rare.

rated:
evilcart said:

<< I am assuming all are aware of ongoing sale >>

Ongoing sale = 4th of July clearance save 20-70% 5 days only July 3-7. http://www.jcpenney.com

This appears to be just a link to their regular outlet and calling it a sale. But maybe there are some good finds in there.

rated:
I am tempted to buy the table/chair outdoor set for $99. Anyone buy this? If so, is it cheesy, or is it $99 nice? What color did you buy? Did you get the $49 umbrella?? Help!

rated:
Happy 20,000th view and 60th day to this thread!

rated:
Here's another coupon code for JCPenney:

Take 25% off any regular priced apparel, shoes & accessories, bedding, bath, decorative items, table linens, window coverings, rugs and luggage (I used this on an item out of the new Fall Big Book, and it worked perfectly). Use Coupon Code: SAVE25. Expires 07/12/03.

rated:
MyNameIsJill said:

<< Here's another coupon code for JCPenney:

Take 25% off any regular priced apparel, shoes & accessories, bedding, bath, decorative items, table linens, window coverings, rugs and luggage (I used this on an item out of the new Fall Big Book, and it worked perfectly). Use Coupon Code: SAVE25. Expires 07/12/03.
>>

Awesome! Thanks MyNameIsJill!

FYI for anyone who doesn't have it, the catalog numbers for the Fall Big Book begin with R.

rated:
does anybody have coupons working for watches,jewelery..thanks

rated:
has anyone had any luck getting the codes to work on large pieces of furniture (desk, armoire, etc.)? and on what screen do you see the discount applied? thanks.

rated:
tucker2 said:

<< has anyone had any luck getting the codes to work on large pieces of furniture (desk, armoire, etc.)? and on what screen do you see the discount applied? thanks. >>

None of the current codes are working on furniture (not for me anyway, and I haven't heard of others getting discounts on these items). I haven't seen a single code valid on furniture since the big one in March.

Here are the basic steps of checking out: first you view your cart, add the code in the promo field, continue, enter your email/password, continue, select shipping address, continue, then you get to the "confirmation" screen (this is where tax and total shipping first show up and the step just BEFORE final submission). THIS screen is where you should see a separate column for Discount Amount if your code is being applied correctly.

rated:
Reminder, JUST4U expires today for those lucky folks that can get it to work!

JUST4U = 40% off from the JCPenney Spring & Summer Bigbook (use catalog numbers beginning with A). Expires: 7/8/03

rated:
leeese said:

<< tucker2 said:

<< has anyone had any luck getting the codes to work on large pieces of furniture (desk, armoire, etc.)? and on what screen do you see the discount applied? thanks. >>

None of the current codes are working on furniture (not for me anyway, and I haven't heard of others getting discounts on these items). I haven't seen a single code valid on furniture since the big one in March.

Here are the basic steps of checking out: first you view your cart, add the code in the promo field, continue, enter your email/password, continue, select shipping address, continue, then you get to the "confirmation" screen (this is where tax and total shipping first show up and the step just BEFORE final submission). THIS screen is where you should see a separate column for Discount Amount if your code is being applied correctly.
>>

Thanks for the help.

rated:
The OP is alive and well again! The glitch is fixed that prevented me from updating it. Major kudos to Tim, Dean, Bryan, April, Eamonn and everyone else at Fatwallet that helped bring the OP back to life!

New free shipping code:
RBOOKEM3 = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more from Fall & Winter 2003 catalog or JCPenney.com Expires: 7/16/03

Free shipping code expiring today 7/9:
FREESRHD = Free Shipping on orders of $25 or more from the JCPenney Spring and Summer 2003 Big Book Note: Use catalog numbers beginning with "A". Expires: 7/09/03

Today's "Wednesday Deals":
Wednesday Deals 7/9

rated:
Any working codes for mattresses?

rated:
New discount code:
SAVE25 = 25% off apparel, shoes, bedding, bath, window coverings & luggage. Expires: 7/12/03

rated:
Hi -

Just letting you all know I got my free locket and bag with my order (came in the mail today). I gave them to my mom. Awwwwww.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 14 5 67841
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.