• filter:
  • 16 7 891042
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Reminder, expiring codes and sales:

• Expires Today 9/1: CRED31P = 10% off any purchase OR 15% off any purchase when paying with a jcpenney charge card. Expires: 9/1/03
  • Expires Tomorrow 9/2: COOKEM5 = Free shipping on orders of $49 or more on the following: beverageware; cookware; dinnerware; flatware; floorcare; kitchen accessories; kitchen gadgets; small appliances; and table linens. Expires: 9/2/03
  • Expires Tomorrow 9/2: COOLSH8H = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expires: 9/2/03
  • Ends Today 9/1: Labor Day Sale : Save 20-50% on select items Expires: 9/1/03
  • Ends Today 9/1: Furniture Sale : Save 20-50% through Monday 9/1.

rated:
leeese said:

<< Reminder, expiring codes and sales:

• Expires Today 9/1: CRED31P = 10% off any purchase OR 15% off any purchase when paying with a jcpenney charge card. Expires: 9/1/03 >>

You failed to mention the exclusions...like small appliances and sale items. I just wasted half an hour trying to get an order placed (first online, then when I couldn't get the coupon to work, over the phone) for a coffee grinder and chess table.

I know you're just being helpful and I do appreciate your post, but I would have also appreciated a little more thorough an explaination of restrictions.

rated:
NazzyG said:

<< leeese said:

<< Reminder, expiring codes and sales:

• Expires Today 9/1: CRED31P = 10% off any purchase OR 15% off any purchase when paying with a jcpenney charge card. Expires: 9/1/03 >>

You failed to mention the exclusions...like small appliances and sale items. I just wasted half an hour trying to get an order placed (first online, then when I couldn't get the coupon to work, over the phone) for a coffee grinder and chess table.

I know you're just being helpful and I do appreciate your post, but I would have also appreciated a little more thorough an explaination of restrictions.
    >>

Sorry for the inconvenience. The OP does list the standard/most common restrictions on discount coupons. But for the most part I don't know all restriction for a given code because I don't receive them first hand. They come from all over -- word of mouth, internet searches, friends, PMs, and tons of other sources. When I know more details, I do post them. But I would hope it's better to have a shot at getting a discount than not to have it posted at all.

rated:
You're correct, and I don't want you to feel like I'm being a jerk at you for trying to help...I just wanted to voice how misleading incomplete info can be.

Apoligies if I was doing a bit more venting than was appropriate.

rated:
New additions to the OP:

• Fall Home Sale : Save 20-50% Expires: unknown
  • Save 65-70% on Sapphires : Choose from 18k gold or platinum. Prices range from $19.99-$29.99 for pendant, ring, bracelet or earrings. Expires: 12/9/03
  • Cameo Jewelry 50% off : Choose from a ring and two types of pendants, all in 14k yellow gold. Unbelievably Ugly, but some may like it! Expires: 12/30/03
  • JCPenney sells flowers! Nice flowers at decent prices via FTD, includes same-day delivery options. One "benefit", you can use jcpenney credit cards (but not gift cards unfortunately).
  • Swimwear Sale : Save 60-80% on selected bathing suits. Expires: 9/2/03
  • NWOW = Free shipping. I don't know the official restrictions or exclusions, but this seems to be working for me with ANY order, even though it is intended for free shipping to a jcpenney catalog desk only.
  • AAQ3W15 = 15% off orders $50 or more. Excludes sale and outlet items. Expires: 11/15/03

rated:
Can't get NWOW to work with outlet items.

The saphires are not set in 18k or platinum -- but one of these metals OVER silver.

Anyone else get a christmas catalog with free shipping code JPXV3M ? -- Says "offer good on merchandise orders of $25 or more: from this Jcpenney christmas catalog 2003 and online orders from jcpenney.com, and delivered within the contiguous United States by regular UpS, USPS, or to an JCpenney catalog desk. offer does not apply to truck or epress delivery, "jcpenney presents" catalogs or web sites, prior purchases, orders currently being processed and cannot be used with any other offers. Offer good through Oct. 1, 2003. -- does not work for outlet items -- don't know about other items. I called and the CSR said it is only good on christmas catalog 2003 book items. Sure doesn't sound like that when you read it!

rated:
veggie said:

<< I called and the CSR said it is only good on christmas catalog 2003 book items. Sure doesn't sound like that when you read it! >>

Wow you're right, the JPXV3M code has problems! I hadn't tried it for myself until I read your post. I can't get it to work on a regular online order either, but when I tried ordering something from the Christmas 2003 catalog it STILL didn't work. Another "finicky" coupon code from JCPenney. One thing you can try: Put the code in the comments section of your order and briefly state that you couldn't get it to work, and plainly state that you do not want to place the order unless the code can be applied. That's how the CSRs have told me to handle this in the past (and it worked just fine). Might not be worth it since there are so many other free shipping codes available, but maybe worth trying in the future.

rated:
I tried to use the AAQ3W15 code to buy a winter coat and it said that it was not valid with this offer. The coat was on sale but not on clearance.

rated:
New free shipping code! Full info below.

BBK9INET = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expires: 10/15/03

Free shipping on orders of $50 or more from jcpenney.com

a special offer to thank you for your order

Shop and save on jcpenney.com
To say thank you for giving us a click, enjoy free shipping* on many items! Just log on, make your selections, then enter BBK9INET in the "promotional code" box during checkout. Don't miss out! This exclusive offer ends October 15, 2003.

*Offer good only on merchandise orders of $50 or more from JCPenney.com and delivered within the contiguous United States by regular UPS, USPS or to a JCPenney Catalog Desk. Offer does not apply to: truck or express deliveries; "JCPenney Presents" Catalogs or Web sites, prior purchases; orders currently being processed and cannot be used with any other offers. Offer good through October 15 ,2003 while merchandise quantities last.

rated:
Thanks!, excellent info

rated:
Separate thread for this here.

1¢ PILLOW SALE
Reg. 9.99-139.99
thru Sep 8

ENTIRE STOCK BED PILLOWS
Buy any pillow at regular price, get the second of equal or lesser value for 1¢

B&M only.

Make sure to check your local circular; this may not be at all stores. Pillows and pricing online are not necessarily representative of B&M stock or pricing.

Link to ad (for Franklin, TN)! Make sure to check your local store.

rated:
leeese said:

<< veggie said:

<< I called and the CSR said it is only good on christmas catalog 2003 book items. Sure doesn't sound like that when you read it! >>

Wow you're right, the JPXV3M code has problems! I hadn't tried it for myself until I read your post. I can't get it to work on a regular online order either, but when I tried ordering something from the Christmas 2003 catalog it STILL didn't work. Another "finicky" coupon code from JCPenney. One thing you can try: Put the code in the comments section of your order and briefly state that you couldn't get it to work, and plainly state that you do not want to place the order unless the code can be applied. That's how the CSRs have told me to handle this in the past (and it worked just fine). Might not be worth it since there are so many other free shipping codes available, but maybe worth trying in the future.
>>

Thanks for the advice!

rated:
The pillow sale is really good. I got a 2 pack for $9.99 and they let me get a second 2-pack for 1 cent. That's the cheapest price I could find.

rated:
Just stumbled across this 15% off $50 or more, while browsing on oprah.com site:

http://www0.jcpenney.com/jcp/augwomen15.aspx

AAQ3W15

Expires November 15, 2003

rated:
OOPS, I see now that code is a repost! My bad! Sorry!

rated:
sfofan said:

<< OOPS, I see now that code is a repost! My bad! Sorry! >>

NO problem! I'd rather have it twice than not at all! hehe

rated:
New discount code. Not bad!

GOGREEN = 25% off: regular priced apparel, shoes, and accessories OR 15% off: regular priced home furnishings, bedding, bath, window coverings, sporting goods, and luggage. Expires: 9/15/03

As usual, this does not work on furniture. Please post any quirks, additional info or awesome finds using this codes. Enjoy!

rated:
New free shipping code.

COOLSH9C = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expires: 10/2/03

rated:
Free shipping on $25 (exp 9/15/03) - works on outlet items too:

LEVIFALL

*Offer good only on merchandise orders of $25 or more delivered within the contiguous United States by regular UPS, USPS or picked up at a JCPenney Catalog Desk (offer does not include Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico). Offer does not apply to merchandise delivered by truck or express delivery; "JCPenney Presents" catalogs, Web sites; prior purchases; orders currently being processed; and cannot be used with other offers. Offer good through September 15, 2003.

rated:
Here is my question:
I was trying to buy some luggage and I cannot find any 'regular'priced luggage on line. Also, if I apply the 15% off how do I apply a free shipping code too?
Thank you
pk

rated:
pkulk said:

<< Here is my question:
I was trying to buy some luggage and I cannot find any 'regular'priced luggage on line. Also, if I apply the 15% off how do I apply a free shipping code too?
Thank you
pk
>>

Hi pkulk... I just did a little test, and I was able to apply the "GOGREEN" code to some of the sale luggage as well as the "regular priced" luggage. The best bet is to pick what you like most and then see if the code will work. It did work on this set FC047-5151B, even though it's sale priced, but there are some "regular priced" ones on the second page. Link to luggage

Unfortunately you can't apply two codes to one order, so you have to decide which saves you more money and go with it -- you can have only one code, either a discount code OR a free shipping, there is no way on the JCPenney site to get around this.

rated:
New free shipping code:

JPXBKEM = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expires: 9/15/03

rated:
PRF227 = 10% off purchases of $50 or more (uniforms & professional shoes only) Expires: 10/13/03

rated:
These codes expire today and include the current best discount that I'm aware of. If anyone has a new code, feel free to send it my way!

GOGREEN = 25% off: regular priced apparel, shoes, and accessories OR 15% off: regular priced home furnishings, bedding, bath, window coverings, sporting goods, and luggage. Expires: 9/15/03
JPXBKEM = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expires: 9/15/03
FALLFREE = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expires: 9/15/03
LEVIFALL = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expires: 9/15/03

rated:
Here's a little tidbit for maximizing discounts at JCPenney. If you view the B&M in-store sales flier, a percentage of the items in the flier can be purchased online for the sale price by using a link from the online flier. Normally discount codes don't work with sale (or outlet) items, but the sale items from the flier have a different catalog number, and must be flagged differently somehow, because discount codes DO stack with the already-discounted sale price.

Example I saw today:

Online without the sale flier: 400 tc Sateen Sheets, King $79.99.

Via the sale flier link: 400 tc Sateen Sheets, King $63.99 (click "buy this item online".

Sale flier price + GOGREEN 15% discount = $54.39 final price!

$63.99 -
$ 9.60
_______
$54.39

rated:
New sales and codes:

• APPEND = Free shipping on any order, no minimum. Works with sale and outlet items! Expires: 9/23/03
  • PREVIEW2 = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expires: 9/25/03
  • Fall Sale Save 20-50% for men, women and home. Expires: 9/27/03
  • Super Shoe Sale Save up to 30% on selected footware. Expires: 10/1/03

rated:
Another free shipping code:

How to get free shipping at jcpenney.com:
1. After placing items in your shopping bag, enter code JPXBKEM2 in the promotional code box on the checkout page.
2. Your discount, if applicable, will be reflected on the order summary page at final checkout.
3. Shop now! Offer ends September 24, 2003.

*Offer good only on merchandise orders of $25 or more ordered online or from the JCPenney Christmas Catalog 2003 delivered within the contiguous United States by regular UPS, USPS or to a JCPenney Catalog Desk (offer not available in Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico). Offer does not apply to merchandise delivered by truck or express delivery; "JCPenney Presents" (catalogs, Web sites); gift cards; certificates; services; prior purchases; orders currently being processed; and cannot be used with other offers. Offer good through September 24, 2003.

rated:
leeese said:

<< Here's a little tidbit for maximizing discounts at JCPenney. If you view the B&M in-store sales flier, a percentage of the items in the flier can be purchased online for the sale price by using a link from the online flier. Normally discount codes don't work with sale (or outlet) items, but the sale items from the flier have a different catalog number, and must be flagged differently somehow, because discount codes DO stack with the already-discounted sale price.
>>

VERY nice...now do you have any suggestions for finding specific items on sale? It apparently doesn't matter what store flyer you're browsing if you order online. I checked a few different locations and their sale items DO vary slightly, but other than trying different zipcodes to see what is available there I can't think of how to capitalize on this idea.

I'm specifically looking for a coffee grinder for under $30. I might be interested in other deals, but I don't want to sift through all ~200 items to see which ones are different at each location.

rated:
Thanks a ton for the new code, genhob! I'll add it to the OP shortly.

NazzyG, In trying to figure out the best deals for this, I've come to the conclusion that there are only about 4 variations of the fliers throughout all of the JCPenney stores. So yes, it's true it doesn't matter which flier you browse in order to order it online on sale, but the items don't vary very much from store to store. I haven't browsed them all of course, but I probably looked at 100 or more, and the difference seemed to be store size. Small stores had about 70 items in their fliers, medium stores had about 150, and large full-service stores had about 250. There was another variation of the flier with only 18 sale items, which I thought was strange. But I specifically noticed, the tems were the same. If it was on sale in the smallest flier or medium flier, it was included in the large flier. It may just be that different stores omit certain departments (like furniture). But so far I haven't found any hint that different stores (or even different regions) have vastly different items on sale at the same time. If you (or anyone else) find more information, I'm eager to hear it.

rated:
code APPEND didn't work in outlet store, anyone can confirm it?

rated:
Nils said:

<< code APPEND didn't work in outlet store, anyone can confirm it? >>

You're right. Not working at all on outlet items (even if ONE outlet item is in the cart). Sorry for the misinformation, I'll update it ASAP.

rated:
thanks leeese! I end up putting $25+ stuffs in carts and used JPXV3M, works fine!

rated:
NazzyG said:

<< I'm specifically looking for a coffee grinder for under $30. I might be interested in other deals, but I don't want to sift through all ~200 items to see which ones are different at each location. >>

Did you notice that the Delonghi® Coffee Grinder is $29.99 online, and that you can use a free shipping code with it? Catalog number is EN780-6096B and here's a link.

rated:
New free shipping code. The post card didn't arrive with much time to use this one!

LOOKSEE = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expires: 9/25/03

rated:
New today:
  • GRILL = Free shipping on orders of $49 or more from the "cooks" fall catalog Expires: 10/18/03. Note: To use without the catalog, order kitchen/cooking items and alter the catalog numbers to begin with "HW".

Expiring today:
  • JPXBKEM2 = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more from the Christmas 2003 catalog (Note: Working with other items as well).
  • APPEND = Free shipping on any order, no minimum. Excludes outlet items.

rated:
BESTFALL = $10 off orders of $100 or more. Expires: 9/30/03

rated:
Very nice new code, 3 days only!

3DAYS4U = 30% off Sale Prices, 20% off clearance or 10% off sale prices. Expires: 9/30/03

rated:
The women's overstock sale must be considered clearance because I just got 20% off by using the CLOCK code from today's 9/28 newspaper flyer. I was expecting 10% off sale prices since all the items in the women's overstock sale are current styles for the fall season and are already marked down quite a bit, so another 20% off is hot! I bought 4 items, 2 tops and a microsuede suit for under $50. Shipping to my home was $7.50.

Note - the word overstock is being linked automaticlly in the post to the overstock.com website but I am referring to what JC Penney is calling their sale. Click on the woman's tab and it will come up. There's also an overstock sale for home which I didn't check out.

rated:
nice stuff! does FatCash apply?

rated:
No, JCPenney withdrew from the FatCash program recently, unfortunately for us!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 16 7 891042
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014