• filter:
  • 1 2 34541
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
this is how the card reads: exclusive one-time offer, 50% off regular priced apparel, shoes and accessories, bedding,bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs ordered from the JCpennys big book, spring and summer 2003 catalog expires June 6th

Ads by Google
rated:
lizzard said:

<< this is how the card reads: exclusive one-time offer, 50% off regular priced apparel, shoes and accessories, bedding,bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs ordered from the JCpennys big book, spring and summer 2003 catalog expires June 6th >>

lizzard, have you or anyone you know been able to get the code to work? Maybe JCPenney has finally instituted real "one time use" codes into their system (but I doubt it).

rated:
I have not tried this as of yet, if I am able to get this to work will post

rated:
The 50 % code seems to be dead. I tried and is giving me some BS message in the top. Is either dead or it has been kill by JC.

rated:
Just tracked down my retired mom from her busy life and was able to find out the terms on her JCP postcard. It is the same info that Lizzard posted. Code: LIMITED, good through June 6th. Offer good on apparel, shoes, accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs. It also says the offer is nontransferable and limited to a single order. There were a ton of exclusions listed at the bottom of the card (she was reading me this over the phone), mostly brand-names (Nike, Levis are two I remember) plus the usual "value-right" and outlet items. It was hard to take down all the exclusions over the phone, it seemed to go on forever when she was reading them!

rated:
lizzard and mackinacjen,

I'm just curious, did these cards have a 9 digit code on them that is supposed to be used to validate the card? I'm still baffled by what JCPenney has changed to make these stop working for the general population.

rated:
Couldn't get LIMITED to work on the 400-TC sheets I was looking at. They're not even clearance! What the heck DOES this work on?

rated:
JCPenney has changed something in their system (I have yet to figure out what, or heard from anyone else who has figured it out). They've made it so these 50% codes from the notorious post cards aren't working for the general population when they are passed around. So it's not that your item doesn't qualify (it probably does), it's that the code isn't working for you (or any of us so far). There used to be tricks to get around it, but thus far they aren't working this go-around.

The 30% off code (SUMMER) seems to work with ease, so if 30% off is good enough, you might want to try using that code.

rated:
Yes, there is a 9-digit validation code on the postcard (unique to the addressee, I assume). I think the past ones have had the validation code as well, bu maybe they are just starting to track these now. I was fooling around with the code online and could not get anything to work, just the error message at the top of the screen. I am betting even people with the validation code will not be able to order online; they'll have to call in and give the code.

rated:
mackinacjen said:

<< Yes, there is a 9-digit validation code on the postcard (unique to the addressee, I assume). I think the past ones have had the validation code as well, bu maybe they are just starting to track these now. I was fooling around with the code online and could not get anything to work, just the error message at the top of the screen. I am betting even people with the validation code will not be able to order online; they'll have to call in and give the code. >>

I've been thinking the same thing. JCPenney is really starting to lose me as a customer. It's not that I EXPECT or require a business to give discounts or offers, but if they do, I expect it to be fair, NOT be selective and subjective like these seem to be. I'm especially disgusted by being excluded simply because I am a long-time loyal customer who orders from them regularly. (I have it in writing from JCPenney customer service that this is the reason I was excluded from the 50% offer, beause they only sent the code to those who had not ordered from them in a very long time.)

rated:
I agree, it is pretty unfair. They are not rewarding their loyal customers. I am just glad I got in on the first 50% off code (the one with the furniture) before JCP caught on.

rated:
mackinacjen said:

<< I agree, it is pretty unfair. They are not rewarding their loyal customers. I am just glad I got in on the first 50% off code (the one with the furniture) before JCP caught on. >>

Ha, me too. I guess I should focus on the positive like you are (I did get a very nice, very comfortable livingroom set for CHEAP!)

rated:
Penney's used to be my favorite place to shop for towels and home items, but I have had a lot of trouble with orders recently. They don't seem to care either. Took about a month to finally get my last order. I think that their customer service is probably located out of the country now too.

rated:
9 digits?

anyone try using their full zip code (5+4) - that would tie it to the address and make it pretty unique or at least unique enough - just a thought.

rated:
cscotech said:

<< 9 digits?

anyone try using their full zip code (5+4) - that would tie it to the address and make it pretty unique or at least unique enough - just a thought.
>>

No, I don't think that's how they work, unfortunately. I've had one offer using a 9 digit code in the past and it was a seemingly random series of digits.

rated:
So frustrated. Now after putting together an order over a couple of days, I can't even get the SUMMER 30% off code to work. Has anyone gotten this to work recently? Does anyone know the source of it?

Edit: Sorry, DUH I wasn't using the catalog numberss. Once I did that, it worked fine.

rated:
I am not getting the code:
SUMMER to work...any hints?
Thanks!

rated:
ayimapt said:

<< I am not getting the code:
SUMMER to work...any hints?
Thanks!
>>

You have to use valid catalog numbers to get this to work (from the JCPenney Spring/Summer Bigbook).
Rule of thumb method to convert online numbers to catalog numbers is to replace the beginning letter (or letters if there are 2) with A, then drop any trailing letters at the end. Example: RN843-6707D becomes A843-6707.

rated:
Thanks GIRL!!!!!
Got my new window coverings.....with 30% off...nice!

rated:
JC jennys I think has sent different codes to different areas. If you can get the SUMMER or LIMITED codes to work, try these... 50% off code ONETIME, 30% off code, JUNEFILE

rated:
lizzard said:

<< JC jennys I think has sent different codes to different areas. If you can get the SUMMER or LIMITED codes to work, try these... 50% off code ONETIME, 30% off code, JUNEFILE >>

Thanks lizzard,were you able to make ONETIME the code work for you or anyone you know?
Thanks again leeese for keeping us updated!

rated:
Added to OP:

rated:
Woo Hoo! I got a 50% "Exclusive One-Time Offer" postcard... (expires 6/6 and darn postal carrier didn't deliver it until today ). It has a unique 9-digit code on it in the yellow box (and it also appears above my name in the address area). The first 3 digits are my phone # prefix, the remaining #'s don't match up to anything that I can figure out.

My catalog ordering has decreased from a few years ago, I order from the catalog only 1x or 2x/year; my mom orders from them 3x or 4x/year.

My Mom got the same postcard but only with a 30% discount on it with a regular code of June(something).

Edit: Mine is the "LIMITED" 50% code card, with a unique validation #.

rated:
mom2jel said:

<< Woo Hoo! I got a 50% "Exclusive One-Time Offer" postcard... >>

Was it a new code or was it "ONETIME" or "LIMITED" like the others?

rated:
Added to OP:

• Added 6/4: JUNEBABY = Save 25% on regular-priced newborn, infant and toddler clothing. Save 15% on regular-priced infant furniture; nursery bedding; nursery basics and accessories; strollers; car seats and play yards.
      Expires: June 24
    • Added 6/4: JBABYEM = Save 25% on regular-priced newborn, infant and toddler clothing. Save 15% on regular-priced infant furniture; nursery bedding; nursery basics and accessories; strollers; car seats and play yards.
      Expires: June 24
    • Added 6/4: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/forum.php?catid=18&threadid=187352

rated:
Don't forget Wednesday Deals! I almost did.

rated:
here is another code. Order 150. or more take 45. off. Order 100.-149. take 25. off. Order 50.- 99.99 take 10. off. The code for all these is MOREBUY. No validation code on card. this expires 6/10. This is how the card reads...Buy regular priced appparel and accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs from the JCPennys spring/summer 2003 catalog. No I also could not get the 50% off code to work either, to baddddddd!!!!!!!!!

rated:
This post is intended for reference purposes, to show sales, offers & discounts JCPenney has given in the past (so customers can anticipate what to look for in the future).

Expired Codes:

V5FWBB = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Works on outlet items. Expires: 7/30/03
SUMBEM = 30% off regular-priced accessories, apparel, bath, bedding, luggage, rugs, shoes, and window coverings. Expires: 07/28/03
SUMREM = 25% off regular-priced accessories, apparel, bath, bedding, luggage, rugs, shoes, and window coverings. Expires: 07/28/03
RBOOKEM3 = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more from Fall & Winter 2003 catalog or jcpenney.com Expired: 7/16/03
V4FWBB = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Works on outlet items. Expired: 7/15/03
V3FWBB = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more from Fall & Winter 2003 catalog or jcpenney.com (Working on most items, including outlet.) Expired: 7/15/03
GFSBB = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expired: 7/15/03
SAVE25 = 25% off apparel, shoes, bedding, bath, window coverings & luggage. Expired: 7/12/03
REDHOT = Take 35% off regular priced apparel, shoes & accessories, bedding, bath, decorative items, table linens, window coverings, rugs and luggage from the jcpenney Big Book - Spring & Summer 2003. Expired: 7/9/03
FREESRHD = Free Shipping on orders of $25 or more from the jcpenney Spring and Summer 2003 Big Book Note: Use catalog numbers beginning with "A". Expired: 7/09/03
JUST4U = 40% off from the jcpenney Spring & Summer Bigbook. Expired: 7/8/03
JCOOKEM = Free shipping on merchandise orders of $49 or more on the following: beverageware; cookware; dinnerware; flatware; floor care; kitchen accessories; kitchen furniture; kitchen gadgets; small appliances; and table linens. Expired: 7/2/03
BCTA035 = $5 off, no minimum. Note: The code was given out with each purchase of the JCPenney Spring/Summer BigBook 2003 for $5. The code was intended to be used by the purchaser on his/her first catalog order, reimbursing him/her for buying the catalog. Expired: 6/30/03
REWARDBK = 15% off apparel, shoes and accessories, excludes outlet items. Expired: 6/30/03
JBABYEM = Save 25% on regular-priced newborn, infant and toddler clothing. Save 15% on regular-priced infant furniture; nursery bedding; nursery basics and accessories; strollers; car seats and play yards. Expired: 6/24/03
JUNEBABY = Save 25% on regular-priced newborn, infant and toddler clothing. Save 15% on regular-priced infant furniture; nursery bedding; nursery basics and accessories; strollers; car seats and play yards. Expired: 6/24/03
RBOOKEM = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Works on outlet items. Expired: 6/23/03
RBOOKEM2 = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Works on outlet items. Expired: 6/23/03
WEL4EM5 = Free shipping for regular and sale priced on-line items. Does not work in outlet Expired: 6/15/03
SUMMER = 30% off regular priced apparel, shoes & accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs ordered from the jcpenney Big Book Spring & Summer 2003 Expired: 6/10/03
JUNEFILE = 30% off regular priced apparel, shoes & accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs ordered from the jcpenney Big Book Spring & Summer 2003 Expired: 6/10/03
MOREBUY = Order $150 or more take $45 off; Order $100-$149 take $25 off; Order $50-$99.99 take $10 off. Expired: 6/10/03
ONETIME = 50% off regular priced apparel, shoes and accessories, bedding,bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs ordered from the JCpennys big book, spring and summer 2003 catalog.Expired: 6/6/03
LIMITED = 50% off regular priced apparel, shoes and accessories, bedding,bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs ordered from the JCpennys big book, spring and summer 2003 catalog.Expired: 6/6/03
KITCHEN = Free shipping on $49+ in kitchen dept. only. Must use catalog numbers beginning with HA. *Verified working until 6/2* Expired: 5/31/03
CRED17P = up to 15% off: 15% off when using JCPenney credit card, 10% otherwise Expired: 5/31/03
AMEXSHIP = Free shipping on ANY internet order $50 or more. *Verified working until 6/2* Expired: 5/31/03
BLASTEM3 = Up to 25% off: 25% off regular-priced apparel, shoes, accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs; 10% off sale and value prices. Expired: 5/14/03
BLASTEM2 = Up to 25% off: 25% off regular-priced apparel, shoes, accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs; 10% off sale and value prices. Expired: 5/14/03
VALUSALE = 10% Off sale & value catalogs Expired: 5/14/03
SALEBIG = Take 25% off REGULAR priced apparel, shoes & acc. bedding,bath, window coverings, luggage, and rugs from the jcp Big Book Spring & Summer 2003 Expired: 5/14/03
BIGDEAL = 50% off REGULAR priced apparel, shoes, and accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs from the 2003 jcp Big Book Spring & Summer Expired: 5/13/03
SUMRSAVE = Up to 25% off: 25% off regular-priced apparel, shoes, accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs. 10% off sale and value prices. Expired: 5/5/03
BLASTEM = Up to 25% off: 25% off regular-priced apparel, shoes, accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs. 10% off sale and value prices. Expired: 5/5/03
SHIPFREE = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more Expired: 4/17/03
FREETRAN = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more Expired: 4/17/03
SPECIAL = Free Shipping on a $75 Order from the JCPenney Spring and Summer Catalog 2003 Expired: 4/15/03
NEW2TX3 = Free shipping Expired: 4/10/03
SPANNEM = FREE Shipping Expired: 4/7/03
DOTSEM2 = Up to 30% off: 30% off regular-priced apparel, shoes and accessories; 25% off regular-priced bedding, bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs; 10% off sale and value prices Expired: 3/26/03
GRTSPREE = Up to 30% off: 30% off regular merchandise, 25% off outlet items, 10% off sale and value priced Expired: 3/17/03
DOTSEM = Up to 30% off: 10% off sale items, 25% off clearance items, and 30% off regular priced items Expired: 3/17/03
VIPSPREE = Up to 30% off: 30% off regular priced items and 10% off sale items Expired: 3/9/03
SVIPEM = Up to 30% off: 30% off regular priced items and 10% off sale items Expired: 3/9/03
HALFOFF = 50% off regular priced apparel, shoes and accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, table linens, decorative accessories, rugs, furniture and luggage from the JCPenny 2003 Spring/Summer Big Book *verified working until 3/9* Expired: 3/7/03
COOKEM2 = Free shipping off orders $100 or more Expired: 3/02/03
PXWELEM = Free shipping off orders $50 or more Expired: 2/28/03
PREVIEW = FREE SHIPPING on your next order of $75 or more Expired: 2/26/03
FEBCRM = Up to 30% off: 30% off regular-priced apparel, shoes and accessories; 25% off regular-priced bedding, bath, window coverings, rugs and luggage Expired: 2/26/03
TRENDEM = Free shipping off orders $75 or more Expired: 2/25/03
MENEM = Free shipping off orders $75 or more Expired: 2/25/03
NE2TY = Free shipping off orders $50 or more Expired: 2/22/03
SOAR = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more from JCPenny via phone orders or web orders Expired: 2/15/03
CONTGEM = Free Shipping Expired: 2/15/03
HEARTEM = Free shipping on $50 or more Expired: 2/8/03
SPRING = Free shipping on any orders over $50 from the Spring Catalog Expired: 2/5/03
VDAYEM = Free shipping on $50 Expired: 2/4/03
SPRING = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more out of the Spring and Summer 2003 catalog Expired: 2/3/03
COOKING = $20 off $50 or more in housewares Expired: 1/31/03
WINTER = 40% off Regular-Priced* Apparel, Shoes, & Accessories from the 2002 JCPenny Fall/Winter Big Book or Christmas Catalog Expired: 1/23/03
ABKEM2 = Free Shipping on $50 Offer does not apply to merchandise delivered by truck or express delivery; JCPenney Outlet stores/catalogs/Web sites; JCPenney Presents catalogs/Web sites; sale/value prices; gift cards/certificates; services; prior purchases Expired: 1/22/03
ABKEM = Free shipping off orders $50 or more Expired: 1/14/03
XNEWNET = Free shipping Expired: 1/10/03
NOVAQ = $10.00 off purchase Expired: 12/31/02
JP2BK5 = $5.00 off purchase Expired: 12/31/02
TWINKLE = 30% off regular priced items Expired: 12/19/02
JCP4WON = $10 off $50 Valid on regular priced items. Expired: 12/19/02
CONTGEM = Free shipping Offer good only on regular-priced merchandise Expired: 12/15/02
NOVCRT = 15% off Expired: 12/12/02
SLEIGH = 25% off regular price items Expired: 12/3/02
MSNJCP = Free Shipping on $50 Expired: 12/3/02
RUDOLPH = 25% off all regularly-priced apparel, shoes, accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, rugs and luggage in the Pre-Holiday Sale Expired: 11/27/02
VIXENEM = 25% off all regularly-priced apparel, shoes, accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, rugs and luggage Expired: 11/27/02
STUFFING = Free shipping on $50 or more Does not apply to sale or clearance items. Expired: 11/14/02
PTHANKEM = Free shipping off orders $50 or more Expired: 11/14/02
HARVEST = Free shipping off orders $50 or more Expired: 11/14/02
EMWEL9 = Free Shipping Shipping and handling will be automatically subtracted from your invoice. This offer does not apply to JCPenney Presents Web sites, prior purchases or in combination with any other offer. Expired: 11/10/02
9NEWNET = Free shipping Expired: 11/10/02
NC1X2 = Free Shipping Shipping and handling will be automatically subtracted from your invoice. This offer does not apply to JCPenney Presents Web sites, prior purchases or in combination with any other offer. Expired: 11/6/02
REMAILEM = Up to 30% off: 25% off regular-priced bedding, bath, window coverings, rugs and luggage. 30% off regular-priced apparel, shoes and accessories Expired: 10/29/02
FALLSALE = Up to 30% off: 30% off regular priced apparel, shoes and accessories & 25% off regular priced bedding, bath, window coverings, rugs and luggage Expired: 10/28/02
FALLVIP = Up to 30% off: 30% off regular and clearance prices; 10% off Sale and Value prices Expired: 10/23/02
PXSHIP = Free shipping off orders $50 or more Expired: 10/18/02
FVIPEM = 30% off Valid in the outlet too! Expired: 10/13/02
NWFSR = Free shipping Excludes sale and clearance items. Expired: 10/9/02
HUNDRED = Free shipping on $50 Expired: 10/9/02
FALLANN = Free shipping on $50 Expired: 10/9/02
DOOREM = Free shipping on $50 Expired: 10/7/02
SUPEREM = Free shipping on $50 Expired: 9/30/02
JPXJUMP2 = $15 off orders $75 - $149.99, $25 off orders $150 - $499.99, $50 off orders $500 or more Expired: 9/24/02
JPXJUMP = $15 off orders $75 - $149.99, $25 off orders $150 - $499.99, $50 off orders $500 or more Expired: 9/24/02
NEWNET8 = Free shipping Expired: 9/20/02
FALLBABY = Up to 25% off infant and toddler items Expired: 9/17/02
COOKEM = Free shipping on $50 or more in the Cooks catalog Expired: 9/16/02
NW15R = 15% off select items Expired: 9/11/02
WEEKEM = Free shipping on $50 Expired: 9/2/02
EMCUST3 = Up to 30% off: 30% off reg-priced apparel, shoes & accessories; 15% on regular-priced bedding, bath, luggage, rugs and window coverings Expired: 8/23/02
EMCUST2 = 30% on regular-priced apparel, shoes and accessories Expired: 8/23/02
NC1RFS = Free shipping Does not apply to sale or clearance items Expired: 8/21/02
EMCUST = Up to 30% off: Save 15% on regular-priced bedding, bath, luggage, rugs and window coverings. Save 30% on regular-priced apparel, shoes and accessories. Expired: 8/14/02
7WELEM = Free shipping Does not apply to sale or clearance items. Expired: 8/10/02
XEM60215 = 15% off regular priced items Valid on regular priced Apparel, Shoes and Accessories, Window and Bath. Does not apply to sale or clearance items, Outlet stores, Jewelry, Gift cards or certificates Expired: 8/1/02
VIPSUM = 10% on sale-priced apparel, shoes and accessories, bedding, bath, table linens, window coverings and luggage Expired: 7/28/02
EMJUMP2 = Free Shipping with any purchase Expired: 7/16/02
EMJUMP = Free shipping Expired: 7/16/02
EM6WEL = Free shipping Shipping fees will apply to oversize or heavy items. Expired: 7/10/02
RFSHP = Free shipping Expired: 7/3/02
A2BK5 = $5 off Not valid on sale or clearance items. Expired: 7/1/02
GATORX15 = $15 off $75 May not be valid on sale or clearance items. Expired: 6/30/02
YAHOOSUM = $15 off $75 Expired: 6/28/02
OHBABY = Up to 25% off in the baby dept. Expired: 6/19/02
SPLASH = 15% off home furnishings, infant apparel, and sporting goods Expired: 6/10/02
SIZZEM3 = Up to 25% off: 15% off regular-priced home furnishings; infants; and sporting goods. 25% off regular-priced apparel, shoes and accessories, bedding, bath, luggage and window coverings. May be restrictions. Expired: 6/10/02
SSSVIP = 30% off entire purchase Expired: 3/31/02
SSSON = 25% off regular-priced apparel, shoes, accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, and luggage Expired: 3/30/02
CATSPREE = 25% off Regular-priced Apparel, Shoes, Accessories, Bedding, Bath, Window Coverings, and Luggage, Coupon Code Expired: 3/25/02
NC1A2 = 10% off entire purchase Coupons exclude Value Right, REDAlert! clearance, 2-or-more reduced prices, Bose, Video Games & Accessories, Boyd's Collection, Calvin Klein, Easy Spirit, Hanes, Nike MAX AIR, Oreck, services, outlet stores and gift cards Expired: 3/15/02
SPNGFS2 = FREE shipping Expired: 3/14/02
SPRING15 = $15 off $75 Expired: 3/14/02
HOLIDON = Up to 25% off: 15% off regular-priced home furnishings, bedding, bath, window coverings, sporting goods and luggage. 25% off regular-priced clothing, shoes, and accessories Expired: 12/19/01
TOY24 = 15% off toys Expired: 12/15/01
HR30 = 30% off reg-price apparel, shoes & accessories Expired: 12/18/01
TOY25 = 15% off toys Expired: 12/19/01
TOYSON = 15% off toys Expired: 12/19/01

NMW40 = 20% off reg priced or 10% off clearance purchase Expired: unknown
NC1XPC = 10% off Expired: unknown
WELEM12 = FREE shipping Expired: unknown
WELEM11 = FREE shipping Expired: unknown
WELEM10 = FREE shipping Expired: unknown
WELFS9 = FREE shipping Expired: unknown
WELNS = FREE shipping Expired: unknown
WEL2EM3 = FREE shipping Expired: unknown
SSSPREE = 25% off select items. Expired: unknown
NU3TYA = Free shipping on any orders from the Spring 2003 Catalog Expired: unknown
NMT49 = 20% off regularly-priced items Expired: unknown
HUGEDEAL = 40% of regular-priced apparel, shoes, and accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs from the 2003 jcp Big Book Spring & Summer Expired: unknown
FW2BK5 = $5 off any order Valid on sale items. Expired: unknown
EMVIP = Up to 30% off: 30% off regular-priced items or 10% off sale-priced items Expired: unknown
EMSUMM3 = Up to 25% off selected products Expired: unknown
COOKING = 20% off a $50 housewares purchase Expired: unknown
101YEARS = Free shipping on $50 Expired: unknown

rated:
Alright, here's my JCP order story today with my "official" 50% off sale postcard order.

I placed about $1200 in my cart including some excluded items (like Levi's and an A/C unit ) and tried to process my order, it only took off 50% off the first item in my cart , so I deleted the "illegal" items and refreshed the cart - lo and behold the other 10 items all of a sudden became 50% off too. If I added a new item to the cart, it wouldn't take the 50% off, but if I clicked on another item to "update" it, and went back to the cart, that new item then had the 50% off (confusing I know!). Basically add an extra item to your cart before you check out (something you'll delete during checkout) and if the % off everything isn't showing up, click on your extra item and change the color/size/style (something) and click the "Update" button, it will take you back to your cart. In my case when I did this, everything else all of a sudden had the % taken off.

Also, your items should be catalog item #'s; find your item online, get the item # and replace whatever beginning LETTER(S) with an "A" and delete any letters at the end, and place that item in your cart.
Example: Online item # RN740-1240B change to A740-1240 for the catalog number.
(Sometimes the catalog price will be higher).

I was also able to go thru Ebates with my order.

And FWIW, it's cheaper to send to the store ($24.95 shipped to me vs. $20.95 shipped to store 5 miles away).

(EDIT: I tried adding "illegal" items to the cart and doing my above trick, but the system knew and wouldn't allow the sale discount.)
HTH, Michelle

rated:
This post is intended for reference purposes, to show sales, offers & discounts JCPenney has given in the past (so customers can anticipate what to look for in the future).

Expired Codes 8/2003 - present:

REFRESH = 25% off regular-priced apparel, shoes and accessories, bedding, bath, decorative accessories, window coverings, and rugs. Expired: 4/14/04
DREAM = 25% to 50% off when you take 25% off regular or already-reduced "now" prices on apparel, shoes and accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings and rugs ordered from the JCPenney Big Book Spring & Summer 2004. Expired: 4/13/04
CUSTEM = 25% off regular-priced apparel, shoes and accessories, bedding, bath, decorative accessories, window coverings, and rugs. Expired: 4/13/04
NUNION = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expired: 4/13/04
A4SH = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more from the Spring/Summer 2004 Big Book. Expired: 4/13/04
BRIGHT = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expired: 4/13/04 Note: Works in outlet
JCPKIDS = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more from the Kids catalog 2004. Expired: 4/6/04 Note: Catalog numbers beginning with "JM".
WELMAR4 = Free shipping on any order. Expired: 3/31/04 Note: Works in outlet
VSBEST = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expired: 3/24/04
CHECKOUT = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expired: 3/23/04
AROMA = Free shipping on orders of $49 or more. Expired: 3/20/04
BIGSALE = 30% off: regular-priced apparel, shoes & accessories; 25% off: regular-priced bedding, bath, decorative accessories, window coverings and rugs. Expired: 3/12/04
BESTDEAL = 30% off regular-priced apparel, bedding, bath, window coverings and rugs. Expired: 3/12/04
TRAVEL = Free shipping on LUGGAGE orders of $50 or more. Expired: 3/10/04
MARGND = 30% off: regular-priced accessories, apparel and shoes; 25% off: bath; bedding; decorative accessories; rugs; and window coverings Expired: 3/09/04
4FEBCRT = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more from the JCPenney Spring & Summer Big Book 2004.Expired: 3/04/04
4AAQ1H = Free shipping on merchandise orders of $49 or more. Works in outlet. Expired: 3/1/04 Note: Catalog numbers beginning with "A".
SWEETEM = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expired: 2/11/04
BOWLEM = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expired: 2/08/04
A4V3M = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more from the Spring/Summer 2004 catalog. Expired: 2/05/04 Note: Catalog numbers beginning with "A".
LOVEM = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more ordered online or from the JCPenney Big Book Spring/Summer 2004. Expired: 2/4/04
NELL = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expired: 2/03/04
BLOWOUT = 40% off regular-priced apparel, shoes and accessories ordered from the 2003 JCPenney Fall and Winter Big Book or Christmas Catalog. Expired: 2/5/04 Note: Must use catalog numbers to see the discount. (R, X, XU)
AJUMPEM2 = Free shipping on merchandise orders of $25 or more ordered online or from the JCPenney Big Book Spring/Summer 2004. Expired: 1/21/04
AJUMPEM3 = Free shipping on merchandise orders of $25 or more ordered online or from the JCPenney Big Book Spring/Summer 2004. Expired: 1/21/04
WEL3DEC = Free shipping on any size order, details unknown. Works in outlet! Expired: 01/??/04
PLATCOUP = $10 off $10! Expiration: 12/27/03
BESTCOUP = $10 off $10! Expiration: 12/27/03
GOLDCOUP = $10 off $10! Expiration: 12/27/03
REDEM2 = 30% off regular-priced apparel, bath, bedding, luggage, rugs, shoes and accessories, and window coverings. Expires: 12/23/03
REDEM2 = 15% off regular-priced decorative accessories, furniture, holiday decor, housewares, jewelry, and table linens. Expires: 12/23/03
KRINGLE = 30% off regular-priced apparel, shoes, bedding, and bath, window coverings, rugs and luggage. Expires: 12/23/03
KRINGLE = 15% off regular-priced jewelry, decorative accessories, holiday decor, housewares, table linens and furniture. Expires: 12/23/03
NEAT = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expires: 12/23/03
BCTFALL = Save $5 on your next order Expires: 12/27/03
BCTX5 = Save $5 on your next order Expires: 12/27/03
SANTA3 = 30% off regular-priced apparel, shoes and accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, rugs and luggage. Expired: 12/20/03
SANTA3 = 15% off regular-priced jewelry, holiday decor, decorative accessories, housewares, table linens and furniture. Expired: 12/20/03
GIFTS25 = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expired: 12/19/03
REDEM = 30% off regular-priced apparel, bath, bedding, luggage, rugs, shoes and accessories, and window coverings.. Expired: 12/15/03
REDEM = 15% off regular-priced decorative accessories, furniture, holiday decor, housewares, jewelry, and table linens. Expired: 12/15/03
COOKDEC = Free shipping on merchandise orders of $49 or more on the following: beverageware; cookware; dinnerware; flatware; floorcare; kitchen accessories; kitchen gadgets; small appliances; and table linens. Expired: 12/09/03
WEL3NOV = Free shipping on any order. Expired: 12/10/03
BLITZEM = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expired: 12/01/03
GIVING = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expired: 12/01/03
BROIL = Free shipping on orders of $49 or more from the "cooks" catalog Expired: 11/29/03. Note: To use without the catalog, order kitchen/cooking items and alter the catalog numbers to begin with "HW".
DOCKERS = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more on Dockers apparel, shoes and accessories. Expired: 11/26/03
DRESSUP = 40% off. Details unknown. Expired: 11/20/03
GIFTLIST = 25% off regular-priced apparel, bath, bedding, decorative accessories, holiday decor, luggage, rugs, shoes and accessories, and window coverings ordered online from the JCPenney Big Book™ Fall/Winter 2003 or from the Christmas 2003 Catalog. Expired: 11/20/03
DONNEREM = 25% off regular-priced apparel, bath, bedding, decorative accessories, holiday decor, luggage, rugs, shoes and accessories, and window coverings ordered online from the JCPenney Big Book™ Fall/Winter 2003 or from the Christmas 2003 Catalog. Expired: 11/20/03
GRINCH = 25% off regular-priced apparel, bath, bedding, decorative accessories, holiday decor, luggage, rugs, shoes and accessories, and window coverings ordered online from the JCPenney Big Book™ Fall/Winter 2003 or from the Christmas 2003 Catalog. Expired: 11/20/03
GIFTFSH = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expired: 11/11/03
COOKWINT = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expired: 11/11/03
PECANPIE = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more Expired: 11/11/03
CORNMEAL = Free shipping on orders of $35 or more Expired: 11/11/03
GRILL = Free shipping on orders of $49 or more from the "cooks" fall catalog Expired: 10/18/03. Note: To use without the catalog, order kitchen/cooking items and alter the catalog numbers to begin with "HW".
AUTUMN = 30% off regular-priced apparel, shoes and accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs. Expired: 10/15/03
FALLSALE = 30% off regular-priced apparel, shoes and accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs. Expired: 10/15/03
CSMAUTM = 30% off regular-priced apparel, shoes and accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs. Expired: 10/15/03
FCSSVT = 30% off regular-priced apparel, shoes and accessories, bedding, bath, window coverings, luggage and rugs. Expired: 10/15/03
BBK9INET = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expired: 10/15/03
PRF227 = 10% off purchases of $50 or more (uniforms & professional shoes only) Expired: 10/13/03
WEL8EM9 = Free shipping, no minimum. Expired: 10/10/03 Note: Intended for new customers only
COOKFALL = Free shipping on orders of $49 or more on beverageware; cookware; dinnerware; flatware; floorcare; kitchen accessories; kitchen gadgets; small appliances; and table linens.Expired: 10/9/03
COOKSAFL = FREE Shipping on orders of $49 or more from cooks tools, cookware, kitchen electrics & accessories. Expired: 10/7/03
COOLSH9C = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expired: 10/2/03
JPXV3M = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expired: 10/1/03
3DAYS4U or CLOCK or ROUND = 30% off Sale Prices, 20% off clearance or 10% off sale prices. Expired: 9/30/03
BESTFALL = $10 off orders of $100 or more. Expired: 9/30/03
RBOOK = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expired: 9/29/03 Note: I only got this to work when using "R" catalog numbers. Please post if you have better luck.
SEPTBABY = Save 15% on regular-priced infant furniture, nursery bedding, nusery basics and accessories, strollers, car seats, and play yards. Save 25% on regular-priced newborn, infant and toddler clothing.Expired: 9/28/03
BABYSALE = Save 15% on regular-priced infant furniture, nursery bedding, nusery basics and accessories, strollers, car seats, and play yards. Save 25% on regular-priced newborn, infant and toddler clothing.Expired: 9/28/03
LOOKSEE = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expired: 9/25/03
PREVIEW2 = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expired: 9/25/03
APPEND = Free shipping on any order, no minimum. Excludes outlet items. Expired: 9/23/03
JPXBKEM2 = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more from the Christmas 2003 catalog. Expired: 9/23/03
ROAST = Free shipping on orders of $49 or more from the "cooks" fall catalog Expired: 9/20/03.
GOGREEN = 25% off: regular priced apparel, shoes, and accessories OR 15% off: regular priced home furnishings, bedding, bath, window coverings, sporting goods, and luggage. Expired: 9/15/03
JPXBKEM = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expired: 9/15/03
FALLFREE = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expired: 9/15/03
LEVIFALL = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expired: 9/15/03
COOLSH8H = Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Expired: 9/2/03
COOKEM5 = Free shipping on orders of $49 or more on the following: beverageware; cookware; dinnerware; flatware; floorcare; kitchen accessories; kitchen gadgets; small appliances; and table linens. Expired: 9/2/03
NWOW = Free shipping. I don't know the official restrictions or exclusions, but this seems to be working for me with ANY order, even though it is intended for free shipping to a jcpenney catalog desk only. Expired: 9/2/03
CRED31P = 10% off any purchase OR 15% off any purchase when paying with a jcpenney charge card. Expired: 9/1/03
AUGCRT = 25% off regular-priced apparel, bath, bedding, decorative accessories, luggage, rugs, shoes and accessories, table linens and window coverings. Expired: 8/26/03
PREFER25 = 25% off regular-priced apparel, bath, bedding, decorative accessories, luggage, rugs, shoes and accessories, table linens and window coverings. Expired: 8/21/03
APPEM2 = 25% off regular-priced apparel, bath, bedding, decorative accessories, luggage, rugs, shoes and accessories, table linens and window coverings. Expired: 8/21/03
CHERISH = 25% off regular-priced apparel, bath, bedding, decorative accessories, luggage, rugs, shoes and accessories, table linens and window coverings. Expired: 8/21/03
BENEFIT = 25% off regular-priced apparel, bath, bedding, decorative accessories, luggage, rugs, shoes and accessories, table linens and window coverings. Expired: 8/21/03
CSMCAPP = 25% off regular-priced apparel, bath, bedding, decorative accessories, luggage, rugs, shoes and accessories, table linens and window coverings. Expired: 8/21/03
WANTSHIP = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expired: 8/21/03
FREEREG = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expired: 8/21/03
FREE25 = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expired: 8/21/03
V5FWBB = Free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Expired: 8/21/03
AA10HM = $10 off orders of $50 or more. Expired: 8/15/03
AAWM15 = 15% off orders of $50 or more Women's Apparel. Expired: 8/15/03
APPEM = 25% off regular-priced apparel, bath, bedding, decorative accessories, luggage, rugs, shoes and accessories, table linens and window coverings. Expired: 8/13/03

rated:
During the 4 Day Sale June 6-9 these towels are on sale for 40% off!
Bath Towel: $4.79; Big Towel $7.79; Hand Towel $2.99; Wash Cloth $2.39.

Solid-color bath towels, big towels, hand towels and wash cloths
Bright-color bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths

rated:
Thanks,I hope my wife and kids like purple towels - cause there is a bunch coming!!

rated:

rated:
Coupons expiring today, including 30% off code (best available at the moment)!

Original Post with all details

rated:
Coupons that expired yesterday are still working today 6/11! (30% off)

Original Post with all details

rated:
Here's another free shipping code: V3FWBB
Free shipping on $25 or more from Fall & Winter 2003 catalog or JCPenney.com
Offer good through July 15, 2003.

Offer does not apply to: truck or express deliveries; "JCPenney Presents" Catalogs or Web sites; prior purchases, orders currently being processed and cannot be used with any other offers.

rated:
naix said:

<< Here's another free shipping code: V3FWBB
Free shipping on $25 or more from Fall & Winter 2003 catalog or JCPenney.com
Offer good through July 15, 2003.
>>

Thanks very much! Verified and added to OP.

rated:
Removed expired coupons and added the following to OP:

rated:
I looked in the updated portion of the original post in this thread and did not see this one (apologies if this has been posted):

Take $10 off a $50 or more purchase. Use coupon code: AA10HM. Expires 08/15/03.

I've only tested this one out on some houseware items (specifically, curtains and window hardware), and it worked. But I'd imagine the regular restrictions apply. It will probably also apply to apparel. Worth a shot.

rated:
New code added. Thanks MyNameisJill!!
Reminder of expiring free shipping code and sale.

Added to OP as well as here:

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1 2 34541
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014