• filter:
  • 123 4 5177
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Weird, I placed an order Fri and the on sale merchandise and the 20% was taken off in addition to the sale price. I didn't even have to use the code.

But on Sat I think the prices were already adjusted to take 20% off, so no additional 20% off. However I sent an email just to see if I could get the additional 20% off.

rated:
Dogstar said:

<< hey Maven -- which riddle did you use. Seems like some are probably getting close to expiration. I usually have a ton of their catalogs floating around and would just find the riddle in there, but they went into the post-xmas recyling...

Thanks!
>>

Sorry I didn't see this question until just now...I used this riddle/answer:
FREE SHIPPING RIDDLE/ANSWER:
'IN LATE 1670, THE LARGEST
FORCE OF PRIVATEERS TO DATE
WAS FORMED TO ATTACK A
COUNTRY WHICH WAS ONE OF THE
WEALTHIEST IN THE NEW WORLD
AT THE TIME. TELL US THE NAME
OF THE COUNTRY, WHAT CITY WAS
OVERTHROWN, AND THE NAME OF
THE CAPTAIN OF THIS ENORMOUS
FLEET'. ANSWER IS: PANAMA,
PANAMA CITY, HENRY MORGAN.

rated:
tedbearz said:

<< Weird, I placed an order Fri and the on sale merchandise and the 20% was taken off in addition to the sale price. I didn't even have to use the code.

But on Sat I think the prices were already adjusted to take 20% off, so no additional 20% off. However I sent an email just to see if I could get the additional 20% off.
>>

I ordered on both Friday and Saturday, too. Friday's order was adjusted by STP automatically and I received an updated order confirmation taking an additional 20% off the website/email prices.
On Saturday my total remained the same. I asked their live customer service and they told me "the code was not intended to take an additional 20% off." I'm not going to press it....they are a great company and I shop them regularly. Plus the two items I ordered are BIG, not very expensive and will probably cost them my entire total to ship. I used a free ship riddle/answer.

rated:
Who can tell me exactly where the riddles are in the catalogs?
I have quite a few including the "warehousesale winter 2003" that just came in but I can never find a riddle in any of the catalogs, although I have used those here at FW and they worked most of the time.

Also anyone can confirm which is still working? I used the SpaghettiOs last Friday but it didn't appear to work. Thanks.

rated:
BOHEMIAN: I once wondered the same thing about how to find the riddles in the Sierra catalogs. You've got to spend the time to read the catalog carefully and you'll find the riddle embedded in the product description. For example, look on pg. 44 of their Winter 2003 Adventure Edge catalog. Included in the description of the Adze Ice Tool is a riddle about an international event started January 25, 1924.

rated:
Another free shipping riddle/answer -- good through 1/15 -- add it to the comments box and they'll tell you a couple days later that it's good. Won't be credited automatically during check out.
==========

From the Gift Express 03 Catalog. Catalog expires jan 15 04. Page 18

This holiday event for youngsters was started in 1947 by a major in the US Marine Corps Reserve and his wife. Tell us what the event is and the names of the husband and wife team for free ground shipping.

From the toys for tots webpage:

The Toys for Tots program started in 1947 and was the vision of Marine Corps Reserve Major Bill Hendricks. It began with a "Raggedy Ann" doll handcrafted by Hendricks' wife, Diane.

rated:
savingmaven said:

<< Dogstar said:

<< hey Maven -- which riddle did you use. Seems like some are probably getting close to expiration. I usually have a ton of their catalogs floating around and would just find the riddle in there, but they went into the post-xmas recyling...

Thanks!
>>

Sorry I didn't see this question until just now...I used this riddle/answer:
FREE SHIPPING RIDDLE/ANSWER:
'IN LATE 1670, THE LARGEST
FORCE OF PRIVATEERS TO DATE
WAS FORMED TO ATTACK A
COUNTRY WHICH WAS ONE OF THE
WEALTHIEST IN THE NEW WORLD
AT THE TIME. TELL US THE NAME
OF THE COUNTRY, WHAT CITY WAS
OVERTHROWN, AND THE NAME OF
THE CAPTAIN OF THIS ENORMOUS
FLEET'. ANSWER IS: PANAMA,
PANAMA CITY, HENRY MORGAN.
>>

Thanks for the reply Maven!

rated:
The code WWS12H is only good on 'selected' items! Sierra didn't honor their promise to credit the extra 20% off with this code, thus, I've cancelled my orders. Usually they are really good about this, but perhaps the end of the year prices are just too good... and too much $$$ is lost if they give this discount? Oh well...

rated:
tartallini said:

<< The code WWS12H is only good on 'selected' items! Sierra didn't honor their promise to credit the extra 20% off with this code, thus, I've cancelled my orders. Usually they are really good about this, but perhaps the end of the year prices are just too good... and too much $$$ is lost if they give this discount? Oh well... >>

when did you place your order? they told me for any order placed before 9am mountain time Friday, the WWS12H code would be hornored. I order quite a few item including some rediculousely low price end of year sale item. All got extra 20% off...

rated:
Laster riddles that will last > one month.

Riddle 1, exp 2/15/04.
Name the historical event that was Crucial to the development of standard sizes for ready-made clothing in America, what kind of clothing to which the sizes were first applied and who wore this clothing to earn free ground shipping on your entire order. Answer: google.

Riddle 2, exp 2/15/04.
This international sporting event stated January 25, 1924. Tell us its given name, what it is called now, where it took place, and which country won 11 of the 12 events held, to earn free ground shipping on your entrie order. Answer: of course google again.

rated:
no luck here. i placed order on 1/4, and got denied the 20% off. still got the free shipping though.

rated:
B0HEMIAN said:

<< Laster riddles that will last > one month.

Riddle 1, exp 2/15/04.
Name the historical event that was Crucial to the development of standard sizes for ready-made clothing in America, what kind of clothing to which the sizes were first applied and who wore this clothing to earn free ground shipping on your entire order. Answer: google.

I placed an order using the above question and they denied free shipping as they said google was not the correct answer! Thanks anyway.

rated:
bano- google is not the ANSWER but how you LOOK for the answer

rated:
I placed my orders before 9am... 'Susan' was the online chat person the second time around, and she was far less 'giving' in regards to the extra 20% off than 'Kim' was the first time around!

I will continue to do business with them... I think both their service and products are great, but at least for this go around, they seem much less likely to give that 'extra' 20% off.

I did get the free shipping though... thanks to the Henry Morgan riddle and answers.

rated:
Riddle: Name the historical event that was Crucial to the development of standard sizes for ready-made clothing in America, what kind of clothing to which the sizes were first applied and who wore this clothing to earn free ground shipping on your entire order.

Answer: World War I, the federal government defined standard clothing sizes to help the nation's garment industry meet the demand for military uniforms. Soldiers were the first to wear the clothing.

EDIT TO ADD: I am finding some conflicting information. Some sites are saying standard clothing sizes were developed during the Civil War.

rated:
I just googled out riddle 2 answer:
¡°International Sports Week 1924¡±, "The First Olympic Winter Games", in Chamonix, France, Norway.

bano, you can call or chat with stp and tell them you answered a riddle but no credit given. they would ask you which riddle and what's your answer and you tell them riddle 2. I know they no longer keep the riddle with your order once the order is processed so they would take your word and credit you for the shipping.

rated:
The code "WWS12H" is no good. According to STP: "That code refers to the Warehouse Sale, which is for selected items rather than the whole order, and the discounted prices appeared on the item pages."

rated:
Latest free shipping riddle good till 2/29/04
"In the early 14th century, a fomula was developed to measure shoe sizes. Tell us the year, who originated the idea, what measuring device was used and how many of these equaled his shoe size to earn free ground shipping on your entire order"
Answer: 1324, King Edward II, dried barleycorn, 36.

rated:
WB10 is the code for free shipping off of a $50 purchase; sent via email today. (Still awaiting the next 20% off code though!)

rated:
20% ? I'd happy if there is a 10% code. It appears that stp feels losing money and tighting the % off code and even the free shipping code now have a min $50, $100 purchase requirement.

btw WB10H is also good for free ship over $50 till 1/18

rated:
take 10% off using code 23368 ,expires january 28,2004

rated:
fluster said:

<< take 10% off using code 23368 ,expires january 28,2004 >>

Added to the OP! Thank you for the code!

I also updated the OP with the latest free shipping riddles from dogstar and B0HEMIAN.

rated:
free ship riddle from the spring 04 sierra woman catalog that arrived todaygood through 3/15/04):

Riddle: In the 18th century a man and his wife had 69 children. Tell us his name, where he lived and how many sets of twins, trips, and quadruplets they had for free ground shipping:

Answer is:
VASSILYEV, FEODOR
Shuya, Russia, (18th Century) - 69 children by first wife including sixteen pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets and four sets of quadruplets. Sixty-seven of these children survived infancy.

Have fun...

rated:
Dogstar said:

<< free ship riddle from the spring 04 sierra woman catalog that arrived todaygood through 3/15/04):

Riddle: In the 18th century a man and his wife had 69 children. Tell us his name, where he lived and how many sets of twins, trips, and quadruplets they had for free ground shipping:

Answer is:
VASSILYEV, FEODOR
Shuya, Russia, (18th Century) - 69 children by first wife including sixteen pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets and four sets of quadruplets. Sixty-seven of these children survived infancy.

Have fun...
>>

Thanks! It's been added to the OP.

rated:
dogstar, thanks for the riddle answer. i haven't been able to get past the fact that some woman bore SIXTY-NINE children... i'm sure i'll find the answer helpful when i do!

rated:
Sierra Trading Post cannot guarantee any of the deals posted in this forum - many of the ones we're seeing here are erroneous and you cannot expect to receive the posted discounts. Our customer service department has been flooded with requests that originate from this forum regarding erroneous or expired discount codes.

The discounts that we can guarantee are the ones that you have received directly from us via email or catalog, or the ones that are currently posted on our website.

Thank you for understanding, and we greatly appreciate your interest in our store!

Best wishes,
Sierra Trading Post

P.S. Fatwallet does an outstanding job of posting our latest deals here:

http://www.fatwallet.com/store.php?store=691

Take advantage of these offers!

rated:
SierraTradingPost said:

<< Sierra Trading Post cannot guarantee any of the deals posted in this forum - many of the ones we're seeing here are erroneous and you cannot expect to receive the posted discounts. Our customer service department has been flooded with requests that originate from this forum regarding erroneous or expired discount codes.

The discounts that we can guarantee are the ones that you have received directly from us via email or catalog, or the ones that are currently posted on our website.

Thank you for understanding, and we greatly appreceiate your interest in our store!

Best wishes,
Sierra Trading Post
>>

Considering a lot of customers from FW, what about offer some special discount/coupons especially for FW members?

rated:
I'm not having much luck googling this one. Maybe one of you with a better sports trivia background will have more luck.

Free shipping question from Spring 2004 catalog (page 6):

"In 1950, this American football player's contribution changed the look of professional football equipment. Tell us his name, his team, his position, and what was the contribution he made..."

rated:
cathammer said:

<< I'm not having much luck googling this one. Maybe one of you with a better sports trivia background will have more luck.

Free shipping question from Spring 2004 catalog (page 6):

"In 1950, this American football player's contribution changed the look of professional football equipment. Tell us his name, his team, his position, and what was the contribution he made..."
>>

The likely answer after 5 minutes of googling:
http://www.helmethut.com/rams49.html

rated:
Thank you! Both the 10% off and the free shipping worked!

rated:
I used the Toys for Tots riddle today and got an email back saying it was expired. Grr.

rated:
reposted free shipping riddle (#5) - Deleted - sorry

rated:
5% off entire order code WSBZX3, unknown exp date.
I know this is small percentage but this is probably the only active code now so somthing is better than nothing. STP seems pretty tight in giving cpns lately.

rated:
mitchh said:

<< I used the Toys for Tots riddle today and got an email back saying it was expired. Grr. >>

Thanks for reporting. I took that one and the older ones out of the OP.

rated:
B0HEMIAN said:

<< 5% off entire order code WSBZX3, unknown exp date.
I know this is small percentage but this is probably the only active code now so somthing is better than nothing. STP seems pretty tight in giving cpns lately.
>>

Thanks! It's been added to the OP.

rated:
This sport was first invented in the summer of 1922. Tell us the name of the sport, who is credited with it's invention, where it first took place, and in what year it was featured as an Olympic exhibition sport, to earn free ground shipping on your entire order.

Answer: water skiing, Ralph Samuelson, Lake City,Minisota, 1972

valid till 3/31/04

rated:
This international site, opened in 1973, is visited by approximately 4.4 million people a year, 25% of which use the site for it's intended purpose. Tell us the name of the site, it's location, principle designer, and number of doors to earn free ground shipping on your entire order.

Answer: Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia, Jorn Utzon, 2000

valid till 3/31/04

rated:
those who use the riddles please provide feedback: worked or not. I haven't personally used these two latest (exp 3/31) riddles.

rated:
B0HEMIAN said:

<< Latest free shipping riddle good till 2/29/04
"In the early 14th century, a fomula was developed to measure shoe sizes. Tell us the year, who originated the idea, what measuring device was used and how many of these equaled his shoe size to earn free ground shipping on your entire order"
Answer: 1324, King Edward II, dried barleycorn, 36.
>>

I used this riddle last month, worked flawless at that time. Great job, Bohemian. Thank you.

rated:
B0HEMIAN said:

<< This international site, opened in 1973, is visited by approximately 4.4 million people a year, 25% of which use the site for it's intended purpose. Tell us the name of the site, it's location, principle designer, and number of doors to earn free ground shipping on your entire order.

Answer: Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia, Jorn Utzon, 2000

valid till 3/31/04
>>

I tried this one and they told me it was wrong

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 123 4 5177
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014