• filter:
  • 14 5 678177
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Thanks B0HEMIAN for the new riddles and thanks to everyone who is providing feedback on them!

Regarding the Sydney Opera House one, I'm pretty sure B0HEMIAN is correct about Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia, Jørn Utzon...maybe the number of doors is incorrect?

rated:
10% off $75 purchase when you pay with a Wells Fargo Credit/Debit Card.

Key Code WWF04 expires 2/28/04

Stated as valid for customers in Colorado and Wyoming

rated:
New Free Shipping riddle...

Designs for this American landmark were accepted in 1947; construction began in 1963. Tell us the name of the landmark, the designer, where it's located, and what it commemorates to earn free ground shipping on your entire order.

I believe this is the Gateway Arch (Jefferson National Expansion Memorial), designed by Eero Saarinen, in St Louis-Missouri, commemorating the spirit of the western pioneers. (Took this info from the National Park Website.)

This code should be good until March 31, 2004 as it is from the End of Winter 2004 Blowout catalog and prices are good until then. Just got this catalog today.

I haven't tested the answer with them yet as I don't have any money to play with right now (lost my job 3 weeks ago due to lay-offs) but I'm certain this is the answer.

In my opinion, this is one of the best companies to buy things from. I've been a customer for about 15 years and have always had great experiences with them.

rated:
B0HEMIAN said:

<< This sport was first invented in the summer of 1922. Tell us the name of the sport, who is credited with it's invention, where it first took place, and in what year it was featured as an Olympic exhibition sport, to earn free ground shipping on your entire order.

Answer: water skiing, Ralph Samuelson, Lake City,Minisota, 1972

valid till 3/31/04
>>

Hey, it's spelled Minnesota. It may be cold up here, but we still pay attention

rated:
TommyTT said:

<< New Free Shipping riddle...

Designs for this American landmark were accepted in 1947; construction began in 1963. Tell us the name of the landmark, the designer, where it's located, and what it commemorates to earn free ground shipping on your entire order.

I believe this is the Gateway Arch (Jefferson National Expansion Memorial), designed by Eero Saarinen, in St Louis-Missouri, commemorating the spirit of the western pioneers. (Took this info from the National Park Website.)

This code should be good until March 31, 2004 as it is from the End of Winter 2004 Blowout catalog and prices are good until then. Just got this catalog today.

I haven't tested the answer with them yet as I don't have any money to play with right now (lost my job 3 weeks ago due to lay-offs) but I'm certain this is the answer.

In my opinion, this is one of the best companies to buy things from. I've been a customer for about 15 years and have always had great experiences with them.
>>

thanks for the info. i'll let you know how it works!

-eric

rated:
10% off on orders of $150 - code LSC1

rated:
Can somebody please walk me through the process of how to get free shipping?

I need to place an order for $250 and found the working 10% coupon but haven't
understood how to also get free shipping.

Thanks

Anthony

rated:
atwnsw said:

<< Can somebody please walk me through the process of how to get free shipping?

I need to place an order for $250 and found the working 10% coupon but haven't
understood how to also get free shipping.

Thanks

Anthony
>>

Here is what I do to get free shipping:
I look for the last posting of a Free Shipping Riddle. I post the riddle itself along with the answer on Sierra's checkout page, in the comments section. I have never not received free shipping when doing this, though I see other people have received a reply from Sierra that the riddle has expired. Look for the latest on in this thread or one with a defininte expiration date.
Good luck!

rated:
It worked. I submitted the water skiing....

I saved $15 on shipping.

Thanks.....

rated:
dlaiho said:

<< 10% off $75 purchase when you pay with a Wells Fargo Credit/Debit Card.

Key Code WWF04 expires 2/28/04

Stated as valid for customers in Colorado and Wyoming
>>

Thanks dlaiho and welcome to FW (I see this was your first post!).

rated:
TommyTT said:

<< New Free Shipping riddle...

>>

Tommy, thanks for the riddle and answer. Good luck in your job search.

rated:
RumBunny said:

<< 10% off on orders of $150 - code LSC1 >>

Thanks RumBunny, it's been added to the OP!

rated:
another free shipping code

WB12

exp?

rated:
Code WB12 (free shipping) is on orders over $100 only and expires Feb 22

rated:
Can you use both the free shipping code and 10% off code?

rated:
atwnsw said:

<< Can you use both the free shipping code and 10% off code? >>

No, there is space for only one code. However, you can use the 10% off code and the free shipping riddle, because the free shipping riddle goes in the Comments section (not in the coupon section) and a CSR manually applies the shipping credit.

rated:
websmurf said:

<< another free shipping code WB12 >>

Added!

rated:
WO1 for an additional 10% off WEB ONLY items purchased online only through 2/29.

rated:
tartallini said:

<< WO1 for an additional 10% off WEB ONLY items purchased online only through 2/29. >>

Thanks! Added to the OP

rated:
Another New Free Shipping riddle...

The idea behind this universal device was originally developed for use by the German military. Tell us the official name of the first ultrasonic in-home model, the person credited with its invention, and the company he worked for, to earn free ground shipping on your entire order.

The answer is Zenith's Space Command ultrasonic TV remote control, invented by Dr. Robert Adler, who worked for Zenith Corporation.

This code should be good until March 31, 2004 as it is from the End of Winter 2004 Shoes etc catalog and prices are good until then. Just got this catalog yesterday.

I haven't tested the answer with them yet as I still don't have any money to play with right now (still searching for a job) but I'm certain this is the answer.

rated:
TommyTT said:

<< Another New Free Shipping riddle... >>

Thanks! It's been added to the OP!

rated:
whatever happened to 20% off codes at STP?

rated:
I ordered a $210.00 footstool and am getting it for 26.95!

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/prod_list_display_special.asp?special_type=web_only&dept_id=L1~367&mscssid=80F3A3B24F6349F5B5C193BEE0571B31

Subject: Prices slashed 10% on select items--only 4 days left
Date: 26 Feb 2004 08:18:46 MST

RAGS HOME FURNISHINGS FOOTSTOOL

Add a touch of classic elegance to any home or cabin - and a place to rest your tired feet - with this well constructed, handmade footstool.

Durable, upholstery-grade tapestry fabric on top.
1" wooden legs.
14 x 10 x 9" high, 5 lb. 6 oz.
Closeouts. USA

#94165 Price $29.95 $26.95 Reg. $210.00 Save 87%

This item is pre-packed and will ship separately from the rest of your order.

I also received confirmation that hte free shipping answer was correct:

Congratulations! Your answer to our hidden riddle is correct! As
promised,
we have credited your surface shipping costs on order #E2542335,
bringing
your new total to $26.95.
Question from the Spring 2004 catalog...

In the early 14th century, a formula was developed to measure shoe sizes. Tell us the year, who originated the idea, what measuring device was used, and how many of these equaled his shoe size to earn free ground shipping on your entire order.

Answers: 1324, Edward II, Barleycorns, 36

Put answer in order comments box, shipping will be taken off manually when the order processes, it will not show when you submit. Sometimes you even get an email telling you you answered correctly. Sometimes you don't

rated:
scout said:

<< whatever happened to 20% off codes at STP? >>

Yeah, what happened to STP? Since that CSR posted a msg in this thread,
STP stopped giving 20% off cpns.

rated:
youvegotcash said:

<< scout said:

Yeah, what happened to STP? Since that CSR posted a msg in this thread,
STP stopped giving 20% off cpns.
>>

As much as I liked them in the past, I'll wait to ever order again until STP brings back the 20% off coupon. I used to buy oodles of stuff, too.

rated:
Unfortunately, can't wait while some of the good stuff gets sold out. 10% off -- well, it's better than nothing.

rated:
scout said:

I'm wondering the same thing myself. STP used to send 20% off codes to new customers. After I placed my first order with them, I received a couple of these 20% off codes. Then I stopped receiving them. Then my husband ordered something, and he received a couple of the 20% off codes. So maybe we need to spread the word about STP and hope that the new customers post the codes!

rated:
Two New Free Shipping riddles...

In the 18th century, this ship captain carried out an experiment on his ill men. Tell us his name, what his men were ill with, and the sailors new nickname after the experiment to receive free ground shipping on your entire order.

The answer is Captain James Lind, the remedy consisted of oranges and lemons, the illness was scurvy, and the new nickname was "Limey".

This code should be good until April 30, 2004 as it is from the Woman Summer 2004 catalog and prices are good until then. Just got this catalog today.

I haven't tested the answer with them yet but I'm certain this is the answer.

ALSO

Tell us the name of the U.S. public official that set a record for shaking the most hands, how many hands were shaken, and on what day, to earn free ground shipping on your entire order.

The answer is Bill Richardson, who shook 13,392 hands, on September 14, 2002 (I think).

This code should be good until April 30, 2004 as it is from the Outdoors Summer 2004 catalog and prices are good until then. Just got this catalog today.

I haven't tested the answer with them yet but I'm certain on everything but the date.

rated:
TommyTT said:

<< Two New Free Shipping riddles... >>

Thanks TommyTT

rated:
I tried to use the handshaking riddle answer and got an e-mail back saying my answer was incorrect. I think it was the date part that was incorrect. All of the google answers I got had Bill Richardson and the number of hands shaken but not the date. One answer was a news article dated Sept. 16 and indicated that the record was set during the weekend. I checked a calendar for that year and found Sept. 16 was a Monday so I assumed that the record was set on Sept. 15. However, it could have been Sept. 14? I should have just called my order in since the CSR usually will let you know if you got the answer wrong and allow you to re-try. Now I lost out on $15 expedited shipping. Has anyone else tried this riddle yet?
petdoc

rated:
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?brd=2144&newsid=5377177&dept_id=367954&pag=461 This article is dated 9/15/02 and states that he set the record Saturday, so it is evidently Sat. the 14th. Try calling STP's cust service - they may credit you for the shipping.

rated:
Thanks for the post. But where can I see the riddle? I just shopped at Sierra for the 1st time but I see nowhere the riddle jumps out for free shipping.Anyone can help??? Thx

rated:
The riddles are hidden in the print catalogs that they send out. If you've got an answer, you write it in the Comments section during the online ordering process. Then they email you and credit back the shipping if the answer is correct. Or you can give it to them by phone. If you placed an order without the answer, you can always phone and see if they will accept it and credit you the shipping.

rated:
THX TommyTT! I used the 1st riddle, and it is ok!

rated:
"ebates1" good for 10% off $150. May need to link through www.ebates.com.

rated:
When I check out, a code 'LS04' was added automatically, anyone knows what this represents?
Strangly, i called SPT, the operator did not know that either

rated:
lavender2002 said:

<< When I check out, a code 'LS04' was added automatically, anyone knows what this represents?
Strangly, i called SPT, the operator did not know that either
>>

I wonder if its a new discount code... Are you a first time customer? Did you click on the 5% off banner for new customers?

rated:
Yes, I'm new customer, but I only bought 50 bucks. Can I still have discount??
Meanwhile, when I checked out, i did not see discount appears there? Why? Doest that mean later they will give me refund? Thx

rated:
Take 10% off all orders. Offer ends Sunday March 14.
Code: WP5

rated:
lavender2002 said:

<< Yes, I'm new customer, but I only bought 50 bucks. Can I still have discount?? Meanwhile, when I checked out, i did not see discount appears there? Why? Doest that mean later they will give me refund? Thx >>

If you have a discount code you have to put it in the key code space when you place your order. I imagine that if you don't have a key code it puts the latest key code (non-discount) for you. HTH.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 14 5 678177
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014