• filter:
  • 1 2345177
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Text+ 3.3 % FatCash

Note from me: Always check the end of the thread for the latest codes and riddles!

Current coupon codes:

Please read:
- Coupons and free shipping often do not stack. However, STP is *SOMETIMES* allowing free shipping riddles combined with % off codes, as long as both come from the *SAME* catalog for what appears to be a limited time only. Some people have been allowed to stack them, and some have not.

For example,
unclemat said: Combing a coupon and free shipping via riddle is still hit and miss. I placed one order with the recent 20% and used the riddle and got free shipping. Day later decided to place another order -- no free shipping this time. I talked to them pointing they're quite inconsistent and they gave me free shipping for the "one last time".

FAQ

Moderator Comment: Check out the Official Master Thread of "Official Store Threads" here. — Feb. 10, 2010 @ 5:44pm
Sierra Trading Post
See Sierra Trading Post coupons that earn 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

Sierra Trading Post Coupons (29.59kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
35% off one item - STW7714

ETA: Expires 7/15/14

ChicaQuePica (Jul. 12, 2014 @ 6:26p) |

any >35% with free or 99c shipping?

littlestone (Jul. 13, 2014 @ 1:10p) |

OP here.

Here is a good one: AAJ92112
45% off (21,000 items) and .99 shipping on orders over $75.
Valid through tomorrow (... (more)

vinotinto (Jul. 25, 2014 @ 3:23p) |

For stores that we have a relationship with, we have been able to set up a special area of the quick summary to auto-update with all the latest codes provided directly to us. Our list might not contain every code out there, so please feel free to add any that are not listed by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message. Also please let us know if you are aware of a coupon that is no longer valid.

Here is a link to the latest reply at the end of this thread.

35% off total order
Good for 3 and expires 11/19
JFR42622 - 35% off total order (exp 11/19)
Staff Summary
  • Sierra Trading Post Coupons:
    ALHIKE4
    20% off any order (expires 8/7/14 2:59am)
    ALJULY4
    Extra 25% off $125+ or 30% off $200+ order (expires 8/7/14 2:59am)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Don't forget the free shipping riddle. This was posted in a catalog that was received 10/31/03. I just used it 11/18 and it worked fine, but I don't know how long it is good for.

This standard holiday decoration was invented in 1882. Tell us what it was, who invented it, and what colors it was to earn free ground shipping on your entire order.

Answer: Christmas tree lights were invented in 1882 by Edward Johnson, a colleague of Thomas Edison. They were patriotic red, white and blue.

Put the answer in the comments section for free ground shipping. Not sure when this trivia answer expires. You might phone your order in and give them the answer to make sure it is still working.

rated:
Thanks vinotinto and Deb1125. Looking in the Winter Shoe catalog for a pair of dress shoes. Wasn't aware they sold shoes by Ralph Lauren, Cole Haan, Allen Edmonds, or H.S. Trask.

Don't forget 3.3% FatCash!

rated:
On page 21 of the winter shoe catalog that I received yesterday is this riddle:

"In late 1670, the largest force of privateers to date was formed to attack a country which was one of the wealthiest in the New World at the time. Tell us the name of the country, what city was overthrown, and the name of the captain of this enormous fleet to earn free ground shipping on your entire order."

I'm not placing an order, so I didn't take the time to research the answer. Anyone know?

rated:
Hispaniola, Panama, Henry Morgan

rated:
bodyheat said:

<< Hispaniola, Panama, Henry Morgan >>

that could be Panama City, not Hispaniola...not sure tho.

rated:
I'm not sure if Panama was a country back then. Hispaniola is Haiti and Dominican Republic now, but I was thinking it was larger in the 1600's. Anyway, the correct answer may actually be country - Panama and city - Panama City. I don't think it was called "Panama City" back then, just Panama.

I think that Panama was still a spanish colony until the 1800's and didn't actually become the country of Panama until 1900's (granted independence from the US).

So, in that case, I don't know what the correct answer would be for the county since it was a Spanish Colony at the time. If anyone knows (or actually cares), feel free to correct me.

rated:
I just ordered some products @ Sierra Trading Post yesterday and answered the riddle

"In late 1670, the largest force of privateers to date was formed to attack a country which was one of the wealthiest in the New World at the time. Tell us the name of the country, what city was overthrown, and the name of the captain of this enormous fleet."

and got the confirmation of free shipping today. So the correct answer is:

Panama, Panama City, Henry Morgan. I hope this helps.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you deal catchers!

rated:
dvdphilic said:

<< I just ordered some products @ Sierra Trading Post yesterday and answered the riddle

"In late 1670, the largest force of privateers to date was formed to attack a country which was one of the wealthiest in the New World at the time. Tell us the name of the country, what city was overthrown, and the name of the captain of this enormous fleet."

and got the confirmation of free shipping today. So the correct answer is:

Panama, Panama City, Henry Morgan. I hope this helps.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you deal catchers!
>>

Ah yes - Captain Morgan - Love his rum - Thx for the answer!

rated:
WRE113 is the latest 20% off code that I have. It expires on 11/30.

rated:
lap3 said:

<< WRE113 is the latest 20% off code that I have. It expires on 11/30. >>

Thanks! It's been added! I also updated OP to take out expired codes.

rated:
Hey, thanks for the codes everyone... they make shopping at STP fantastic!

rated:
Placed my oreder and got the 20% off; however, when I put the answer quoted below in the comments section I didn't see the shipping taken off. Has anyone tried this and am I just being to impatient. Will they take the shipping off later? Thanks!

Lex

Deb1125 said:

<< Don't forget the free shipping riddle. This was posted in a catalog that was received 10/31/03. I just used it 11/18 and it worked fine, but I don't know how long it is good for.

This standard holiday decoration was invented in 1882. Tell us what it was, who invented it, and what colors it was to earn free ground shipping on your entire order.

Answer: Christmas tree lights were invented in 1882 by Edward Johnson, a colleague of Thomas Edison. They were patriotic red, white and blue.

Put the answer in the comments section for free ground shipping. Not sure when this trivia answer expires. You might phone your order in and give them the answer to make sure it is still working.
>>

rated:
It takes about 1 business day for a CSR to review your order and credit you shipping. You'll get an e-mail. BTW, I placed an order on the 25th and it just shipped today, so they aren't speed demons.

rated:
There is no riddle to answer in the coments box- Did they remove the free shipping ?

Snafu

rated:
They don't put the riddle there. The riddle is in the catalog. You just put the answer there.

rated:
Thx a bunch 6x - I assume any one of the answers will do - correct?

Regards
Snafu

rated:
I have code WRE113H for 20% off - exp. 12/5.

rated:
RumBunny said:

<< I have code WRE113H for 20% off - exp. 12/5. >>

Thanks RumBunny! It's been added.

rated:
Any new code?
Tried WB5H and WRE13H, neither is valid.
Thanks all.

rated:
youvegotcash said:

<< Any new code?
Tried WB5H and WRE13H, neither is valid.
Thanks all.
>>

Try 113H, not 13H

rated:
both codes does not work for me either.

rated:
Neither WB5H nor WRE113H works as of 12/1/03

rated:
Same here...Any new ones? It's a great company

rated:
FREE SURFACE SHIPPING from Sierra Trading Post!

Shopping is a lot more fun when you're saving money.
From now through this Sunday, you can shop our great selection of famous name brand clothing & gear without the shipping costs!
Start your shopping HERE and Happy Holidays from Sierra Trading Post!

*To take advantage of this offer you must enter keycode WB7H into the key_code field on the billing address page.

rated:
decypher said:

<< FREE SURFACE SHIPPING from Sierra Trading Post!

Shopping is a lot more fun when you're saving money.
From now through this Sunday, you can shop our great selection of famous name brand clothing & gear without the shipping costs!
Start your shopping HERE and Happy Holidays from Sierra Trading Post!

*To take advantage of this offer you must enter keycode WB7H into the key_code field on the billing address page.
>>

I would rather use the key code box for a % off code. For free ship just put a riddle in comments.

rated:
Latest 10% off code 23045 exp. 12/16

rated:
Eh....
FREE SURFACE SHIPPING from Sierra Trading Post!

Shopping is a lot more fun when you're saving money. From now through Sunday, December 7, you can shop our great selection of famous name brand clothing & gear without the shipping costs! Start your shopping by clicking the link below and Happy Holidays from Sierra Trading Post! *To take advantage of this offer you must enter keycode WRE114 into the key_code field on the billing address page.

WRE114
Exp:12/7/03
FREE SHIPPING

rated:
Updated the OP with Decypher's, B0HEMIAN's, and Corganiacs' codes.

rated:
whaz up wallets!

hey what's the new riddle & answer to put in the dang comments box to get freebie shipping??? will the last one posted here still work? thanks bo for helping a brotha out w/ the 10%off!

peace.

rated:
here's another one
key code: 23108
exp: 12/19/03
10% off

rated:
Corganiacs said:

<< here's another one
key code: 23108
exp: 12/19/03
10% off
>>

Added, thanks!

rated:
i think this should be added to the OP so everyone can avoid the frustration i just went through.

Sierra Trading Post's online ordering system can not handle quotes (" and/or apostrophes ('). considering that you're supposed to answer the free shipping question in the comments box, the system SHOULD allow for these things. PLUS, when it fails, not only does it give you an error page, it also kicks you out of the ordering process, forcing you to start again from scratch. if you are creating a new account (like i was) it means that you have to re-enter ALL of your data again. i ended up entering in all of my order info FOUR times (2 X in mozilla firebird, then switched to IE thinking it was a browser issue) before figuring out the problem.

so just dont use any punctuation and you'll be fine

rated:
tenest said:

<< i think this should be added to the OP so everyone can avoid the frustration i just went through.

Sierra Trading Post's online ordering system can not handle quotes (" and/or apostrophes ('). considering that you're supposed to answer the free shipping question in the comments box, the system SHOULD allow for these things. PLUS, when it fails, not only does it give you an error page, it also kicks you out of the ordering process, forcing you to start again from scratch. if you are creating a new account (like i was) it means that you have to re-enter ALL of your data again. i ended up entering in all of my order info FOUR times (2 X in mozilla firebird, then switched to IE thinking it was a browser issue) before figuring out the problem.

so just dont use any punctuation and you'll be fine
>>

Not correct!!!

I have used quotes numerous times for the riddle. It worked flawlessly. See snippets of their confirmation email:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Description Price
1 64224-29-8 CMB M HOODOO PL GLDBRN 8 38.65
Subtotal: 38.65

Discounts: 0.00
Shipping: 7.25
Tax: 0.00
TOTAL: 45.90

You have saved $71.35 over regular retail prices.
Shipping Method: Par Post
Shipping Instructions:

Order Comment: FREE SHIPPING RIDDLE: "IN
LATE 1670, THE LARGEST FORCE
OF PRIVATEERS TO DATE WAS
FORMED TO ATTACK A COUNTRY
WHICH WAS ONE OF THE
WEALTHIEST IN THE NEW WORLD
AT THE TIME. TELL US THE NAME
OF THE COUNTRY, WHAT CITY WAS
OVERTHROWN, AND THE NAME OF
THE CAPTAIN OF THIS ENORMOUS
FLEET TO EARN FREE GROUND
SHIPPING ON YOUR ENTIRE
ORDER." ANSWER IS "PANAMA,
PANAMA CITY, HENRY MORGAN."

rated:
well then... it MUST be the apostrophe. cuz i removed both quotes and apostrophes and it went through fine. but it REFUSED to before then. apostrophes make more sense since most SQL db systems begin and close values with an apostrophe. however, MOST people will escape the apostrophe so the system knows it's not the close of a value. so i'll update my statement to say "dont use apostrophes" but i'd say just dont use punctuation at all to be safe

rated:
The comment for free shipping worked like a charm. Thanks op.

rated:
stp is a fantastic store. I just places an order with 10% off
and free shipping. I love it.
cheers.

rated:
Any 20 % Codes out there? I'm looking to get some new boots for the winter and an extra 20% off would be great. Thanks

rated:
Thanks everyone!

Skipping 7009 Messages...
rated:
OP here.

Here is a good one: AAJ92112
45% off (21,000 items) and .99 shipping on orders over $75.
Valid through tomorrow (Saturday)

BTW, STP charged sales tax on my last order. I contacted them and they have been bought out by TJM and since they have a presence in most states, STP is now charging sales tax in many places. Kind of a bummer, I'm having the same issue with Amazon.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1 2345177
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014