• filter:
  • 12 3 45177
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
This just in!! End of Year Blowout Sale, 20% off, Key Code WWS9, good until January 11, 2004 at 11:59pm Mountain Time.

NOTE: Sierra's email headlines 20% off 1500 items; I am not sure whether this key code provides 20% off everything on their web site, or is keyed to clearance items in their database. Prior codes in similar emails have resulted in 20% off every item ordered.

Perhaps someone more experienced than I am knows definitively.

Wishing bright, deep, and joyful holidays to all.

rated:
Thanks blessings for the update. This code doesn't seem to be working for me. Can anyone else confirm? Happy Holidays everyone!

rated:
Code didn't work for me, either.

rated:
It didn't work for me , either! Aren't there codes at all ? I am waiting for so long time! Thanks blessings anyway! Happy holiday!

rated:
The code did not work for me either, but I am going to place the order, and call tom. for adj. They usually do that for me, but if they don't I will cancel, and wait on 20%

STS

rated:
Hope there is a new 20% off soon.

rated:
I got the email from Sierra. The code is only for telephone and catalog orders. Online, the 20% is already taken off. That is why they show two prices in red and advertise a 20% off sale.

rated:
Does anyone know if cashback and ebate can be used at the same time shopping STP. and how? Thanks !

rated:
Where in the catalog is the riddle?? I looked through the two I have & didn't see it... Thanks!

rated:
Thanks, noless, for clarifying the use & meaning of the new 20%-off code! This is my first time back since posting it, so I'd not known there was a problem. Best to all.

rated:
any new 20% codes?

rated:
WSS11H is the latest 20% off code that I've got. It's good until 1/11/04. Any current free shipping codes?

rated:
Check the most recent riddle question/answer.

rated:
Schweer said:

<< Check the most recent riddle question/answer. >>

where?

rated:
lap3 said:

<< WSS11H is the latest 20% off code that I've got. It's good until 1/11/04. Any current free shipping codes? >>

Test the code b4 you post if at all possible!
Obviously this is another code of the type that "noless" was referring to.

rated:
B0HEMIAN said:

<< Test the code b4 you post if at all possible! Obviously this is another code of the type that "noless" was referring to. >>

are you saying that this is another phone-only order and doesnt work online?

rated:
I would like to place an order with Sierra, but am having trouble finding the riddle itself. Are they listed only in the catalog? I understand that the answer goes into the commnets section, but I don't want to post the wrong answer.

Thanks, T.

rated:
NOLESS is correct. That code is not an additional 20% off. It's figured in already to the online prices. Let's keep looking for a new 20% code!

rated:
i am also looking forward to the free shipping riddle but by now still have not got it~~
anybody knows that?
thanks!

rated:
The riddles are found only in the Sierra Trading Post catalogs. They are hidden, usually within the description of an item. If you aren't sure if one is still good, call in your order.

rated:
Does anyone know which shipping riddle is still good?

rated:
NotAClue said:

<< Does anyone know which shipping riddle is still good? >>

As of earlier today, the following riddle worked for free shipping...

'In late 1670, the largest force of privateers to date was formed to attack a country which was one of the wealthiest in the New World at the time. Tell us the name of the country, what city was overthrown, and the name of the captain of this enormous fleet'.
ANSWER IS: PANAMA, PANAMA CITY, HENRY MORGAN.

rated:
Hey Thanks for the response... Happy New Year!!

rated:
NotAClue said:

<< Hey Thanks for the response... Happy New Year!! >>

You too !!!

rated:
The Sierra Trading Post End of the Year Web Blowout is here!
Shop a great selection of name brands at some of the lowest prices of the year.
Select a link below and start your saving now.
The End of the Year Web Blowout Ends Sunday January 11th, 2004
*Prices reflect savings.

To take advantage of this offer you must enter WWS12H into the key_code field on the billing address page during checkout.

keycode: WWS12H
exp: 01/11/04
20% off code
for phone orders use keycode WWS12

rated:
n/m

rated:
Regarding 20% off code WWS12H

I just placed an order with this code. It appears working during the order - taking an extra 20% off the already 20% off end of year sale items until the the point that the order was submitted. But the order confirmation email (coming in just a few minutes after order was submitted) shows no extra 20%. Any one has similar experience with it?

rated:
corganiacs: how and when did you received the below? by email? thanks.

Corganiacs said:

<< The Sierra Trading Post End of the Year Web Blowout is here!
*Prices reflect savings.

To take advantage of this offer you must enter WWS12H into the key_code field on the billing address page during checkout.

keycode: WWS12H
exp: 01/11/04
20% off code
for phone orders use keycode WWS12
>>

rated:
savingmaven said:

<< n/m >>

oops, i have also experienced the problem,~the code worked during the order but in the email after that it did not indicate the extra 20% off , i have sent an email about that~~

rated:
I think the little * from what corganiacs posted is what we are missing in the latest code, and hence the reason the price is not being adjusted by 20% more when the code is applied. The * states that "Prices reflect savings" meaning that the online 20% off price already reflects the savings. I would venture to guess that if you didn't enter the code, then you may not get the 20% off. I would definitely call a CSR and push for the 20% off on top of the order because it is not clear and a bit misleading that the code will add yet another 20% off...

rated:
Definitely I will call them asking for the extra 20%, because on every page the extra 20% was taken off - including the confirmation page after the order was submitted. Only in the comfirmation email did the 20% disappear. Out of trust to stp I did not save any page but I think they will traighten it up.

rated:
B0HEMIAN said:

<< ... Only in the comfirmation email did the 20% disappear. Out of trust to stp I did not save any page but I think they will traighten it up. >>

Yo! Bo,

I placed an order. My e-mail confirmation listed the item prices WITHOUT the 20 percent off, but the invoice total in the e-mail confirmation (ie what I agreed to pay when I placed the order) reflects a 20 percent reduction of the itemized price listings. Check your email again and look at the total.

I think STP just has done some confusing marketing here to have you see your 20 percent savings that as ssdman put it: The asterix tranlates to

<< that "Prices reflect savings" meaning that the online 20% off price already reflects the savings >>

It's a confusing little shell game that STP has made worse, but bottom line (for me anyway) is I feel I've gotten a pretty good deal, I saved a little more as a result of this "SALE" and I will be paying a TOTAL that I agreed to when I placed the order, even though my itemized e-mail confirmation lists what I would have paid had these items not been on sale. Make any sense ???

rated:
This is indeed very confusing. I received the email with the discount code. Here is the wording from the top:

"The Sierra Trading Post End of the Year Web Blowout is here!
*Prices reflect savings.

To take advantage of this offer you must enter WWS12H into the key_code field on the billing address page during checkout."

Below that are a bunch of links to their products. If you enter the key code stated in the email, it does take an additional 20% off. I placed an order yesterday but have not received an email confirmation as of yet, which is strange. I tried their live customer service in the evening but it must not have been staffed so I don't know if my order was completed or not.

rated:
Got answer from stp: their system had a glitch yesterday but all orders placed b4 9am mountain time Jan 2 will have the lowest price honored (i.e. extra 20%).

rated:
I contacted live chat re: xtra 20% off code WWS12H. If you cannot get the code to work online, type a note in the comments box regarding the computer glitch and state the code. Ask for the code to be applied to each item in the final billing, and this should take care of it. As of 11am Pacific time... the problem was still not fixed online. They also said you could phone in your orders and they would honor the code.

rated:
5% off Key code: WSB0104

rated:
Update: Received three emails from STP yesterday. First was an order confirmation w/o the additional 20% off. Second was an updated order confirmation with the 20% off. Third was a "your riddle answer is correct" email letting me know they removed shipping. STP can't be beat. One of my favorite online shopping sites. A+++++

rated:
I wish they would email me and tell me my riddle answer was correct! Got the first email confirmation, then the sceond one with the corrected prices, but no riddle is correct email.

Maybe later!

rated:
I haven't received the free shipping email either, but when I logged into my account at STP the credit was posted in my order history.

Also, those free shipping answers expire on the date that is printed on the inside cover of whatever catalog you find the riddle in...It usually says "Prices good until ..." It would be really helpful if the wonderful people providing the free shipping answers could supply that info as well...You guys rock!

rated:
hey Maven -- which riddle did you use. Seems like some are probably getting close to expiration. I usually have a ton of their catalogs floating around and would just find the riddle in there, but they went into the post-xmas recyling...

Thanks!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 12 3 45177
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014