• filter:
  • 123 4 5100
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I did this last week using information I found over at TL.AcuraZine.Com (Acura TL Owner/Enthusiast site, the 2004+ TL Comes with XM)

Worked like a charm, but just in case others are still having a problem, here is the Retention Dept # 800-998-7900 that I used. I hadnt seen this number mentioned in this thread yet. These are the guys who try to keep you with XM when your thinking of quitting or let your service lapse.

As said before, the "Real Offer" was targeted at GM Vehicles but then widened to XM Units Factory Installed in Cars/Trucks. It was sent to people on a post card size thing and was called the WinBack Offer.
The Exact Offer Code is ZWINBACK MYP1

For those just reading this, I'll save you the trouble of reading the entire thread. If you have a Roady or some other XM Tuner that didnt come with a new car, its definately YMMV. Some have gotten the CSR to give them this deal, others have not.

Happy Holidays

rated:
Champion6 said: At this point, YMMV - definately! I have been shot down twice. As soon as the reps looked at the ID for my SkyFi2, they each told me that I don't qualify. Sigh!

Call back. If at first you don't....

rated:
<- still refuses to pay for radio

rated:
Cool. Awesome. I hope I can sign up now and the year subscription will start after my free 3 months are up...

rated:
This deal is still alive...I have a 04 Grand prix and he looked up my radio ID and I asked for the $60 promo and he activated it right away...thanks OP!!

rated:
knighthawke said: <- still refuses to pay for radio

People said the same thing about cable tv too.

rated:
They are still offering the 50% as giant96 posted. The CSR was surprised to hear I knew about this offer since the letters announcing this deal were not supposed to be sent until mid January. So if you have a factory installed XM radio be sure to get in on this deal. BTW it may take several calls depending on the level of CSR you get but it appears to be a vaild offer well into 2005.

rated:
Got in on the deal too.

Had to call back a few times.

First call...no go.

Second call I got a little further (was transferred to retention) was asked all kinds of questions and was told it was for GM cars only and yada, yada, yada...no go.

Third call...I asked for retention rep...was transferred...then I asked if I could speak to "Michelle" (knowing that I couldn't be transferred to any specific rep...and also...I made up the name...pretty common name...so I knew it would fly)...told the rep that I "desperately" need to speak to Michelle because she was signing me up for this "$60/year retention plan". He said, "Oh yea...I know all about that plan." In order to escape him getting manager approval I insisted on Michelle again telling him that "she already took down all my info and kept me on hold for a while to get manager's approval...she got it and was signing me up when my cell phone dropped...I'm rushed and really need to get back to work." New rep said..."I can't transfer you to Michelle, but I can sign you up as fast as I can." BINGO! I Gotcha!

I'm all signed up and good to go.

rated:
Well, I called today, got the retention dept and was told that it is only for 2004 and 2005 cars. My 2003 GM was SOL.

She did give me the next 3 months at 5.99 per radio.

rated:
Thanks Casper42!!

just scored the $60.00/year deal

rated:
kicksave1 said: Thanks Casper42!!

On what unit? Factory installed radio in a car or other?

rated:
lowmazda said: kicksave1 said: Thanks Casper42!!

On what unit? Factory installed radio in a car or other?

Sorry, Factory installed on a 2004 Avalanche. The XM rep seemed pleased I knew of the promotion to boot!

rated:
cmartin80 said: I just tried activating my Pioneer radio with the $60/yr plan ~ no luck. I talked to two separate representatives. The first time the person who answered just flat out told me no once he ran the ID Code. The second time I was transferred to the promotions department and she ran the number and could not find it in their database. Has anyone had any luck recently?

Thanks…

Merry Christmas everyone!

Has anyone gotten this $60 promotion for activation on aftermarket headunits Pioneer or other brands? or is this only for factory installed xm radios?

Thanks in advance!

rated:
I guess this deals only for cars and not the portable XM delphi ?

rated:
Just got this today Dec. 28, 2004 for my 04 Acura TL (dec. 2003). You will probably get transfered to the "promo" dept. and the rep there will also most likely consult the manager. Took about 5 minutes but it looks to still be alive.

rated:
just got in on this deal today! Thanks, OP!

rated:
I got in on it today too. I had 2 weeks to go on my free 90-day trial, since it was a new
GM auto purchase. I was first told I would have to let my service lapse, then
I would get the code sent to me in the mail. Huh?,,, I asked the rep if that made any
sense to her. She said she would go ahead & approve the $60/1 year of service.
She said this promo is good til 2/1/04

rated:
robby69 said: good til 2/1/04

Did you ask if *that* made any sense to her?

rated:
I got my year of service for $60. My unit was a Pioneer.

Hope that helps...

rated:
Just worked for me... but mine was for a new GM car with the trial expiring.

rated:
Skyfox45, was your unit a factory unit? or did you get it installed?

Reason I am asking is that I have a Pioneer unit installed, that is not factory and was wondering if this promo would work for me too.

Thanks

rated:
This deal is still good as I renewed my subscription for 1 Year at $60. I have a factory installed receiver that came with my Honda Accord. Thanks egorss78.

rated:
Askani said: This deal is still good as I renewed my subscription for 1 Year at $60. I have a factory installed receiver that came with my Honda Accord. Thanks egorss78.

Ditto that, I got a call yesterday on this, and renewed on the phone.

I had only used up my trial period on my Accord over the summer, then let it lapse . . . they threw a few different short-term offers at me, I waited for the full year.

It does NOT automatically renew, it DOES have the ability to be cancelled and pro-rated at any time during the year.

A flat $60, my 're-activation' fee was waived.

rated:
Got mine renewed also. How much taxes are you guys paying for the $60 twelve months? Mine was 7.99

rated:
For those of you who recently saw this thread:

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/443975/

about the impending price increase of XM, I wanted to let you know this 50% off deal is still going on. I just made the call to 1-800-929-2100 and gave them my radio ID from my 2005 TL. It took about 15 minutes to get through. I told them I was calling about the 60$ for a year promotion. The lady didnt have a problem with that, although she told me about the impending price increase and that it would be good to lock in my rate for 2 to 5 years. Then she started quoting me the rates for those and I said "what about the $60/yr?" She said she had to ask her manager, she was off the line for not more than 15 seconds and then she came back and gave me the deal no problem. Lock in the good rate before April 2 and who knows, maybe another promotion will come up by the time the year ends. This is Fatwallet, after all.

Thanks OP for your help!

rated:
gimmedealz said: For those of you who recently saw this thread:

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/443975/

about the impending price increase of XM, I wanted to let you know this 50% off deal is still going on. I just made the call to 1-800-929-2100 and gave them my radio ID from my 2005 TL. It took about 15 minutes to get through. I told them I was calling about the 60$ for a year promotion. The lady didnt have a problem with that, although she told me about the impending price increase and that it would be good to lock in my rate for 2 to 5 years. Then she started quoting me the rates for those and I said "what about the $60/yr?" She said she had to ask her manager, she was off the line for not more than 15 seconds and then she came back and gave me the deal no problem. Lock in the good rate before April 2 and who knows, maybe another promotion will come up by the time the year ends. This is Fatwallet, after all.

Thanks OP for your help!

I just bought the SkyFi2 and used the $60 for one year and it worked.

rated:
Just got this on my Terraza I bought in December... $60.00 + tax = $65.57, exp Mar 15, 2006.

rated:
PrSparty said: I just bought the SkyFi2 and used the $60 for one year and it worked.

Hey PrSparty, I just ordered a SkyFi2 with 3 mos prepay and want to tack on the $60 offer. Did you use the same method as the others who scored, that is, calling the above 800 number etc.??? Thanks in advance for your input.

rated:
i just got this on my '05 avalanche

i still had 2 months remaining on my free 3 months,

but figured i'd better get it done before the increase goes into effect.

csr looked it up, told me i still had 2 months remaining,

and said that this would be tacked on to my remaining 2 months,

also, i wasn't charged any tax, just flat $60, is this how everyone's

was?

THANKS OP !!!!

rated:
Just called, the rep "Patricia" gave me a hard time - insisting that I give the promo code. I just said I received the promo in the mail, I have it somewhere in the house, but I figured I called in for it since they sent it out to me.

She then asked for my account details, then said she cannot switch me because of my 2-yr package which I just added a week ago. I then argued then I should cancel the 2 year package. She then went back to the same old story of asking my promo code.

I got so frustrated and confronted her on why was she going around in circles if she knew it wasn't possible to have the promo without the code. I asked for a manager, short while later, she came back and said manager wasn't available and transferred me to their "promotions dept" instead.

This time, the guy was a lot nicer, he asked me what vehicle do I drive, I told him it was an Avalanche, shortly later he said no problem, he cancelled my 2 yr package and put me on the $60 package. - I thanked him and got off the phone happier.

I actually drive a BMW and I own a Roady 1.

rated:
snowie said: Just called, the rep "Patricia" gave me a hard time - insisting that I give the promo code. I just said I received the promo in the mail, I have it somewhere in the house, but I figured I called in for it since they sent it out to me.

She then asked for my account details, then said she cannot switch me because of my 2-yr package which I just added a week ago. I then argued then I should cancel the 2 year package. She then went back to the same old story of asking my promo code.

I got so frustrated and confronted her on why was she going around in circles if she knew it wasn't possible to have the promo without the code. I asked for a manager, short while later, she came back and said manager wasn't available and transferred me to their "promotions dept" instead.

This time, the guy was a lot nicer, he asked me what vehicle do I drive, I told him it was an Avalanche, shortly later he said no problem, he cancelled my 2 yr package and put me on the $60 package. - I thanked him and got off the phone happier.

I actually drive a BMW and I own a Roady 1.

ha,ha,ha,ha.....avalanche.......cheater !!

whatever gets it done.

when i called, she asked my name, i told her, then i told her i received the promo mailing,

but that i thought even $60 was "too expensive" for radio. i asked her if she had a

better deal, and of course she said no. she said if i didn't like she would cancel it for me and

give a pro-rated refund, but she thought i would "like it".

so i said,.....well, i guess i'll try it for $60 then.......ha,ha,ha.

funny thing is she already had all my info, and just asked for my c.c.#,

said she's put the 2 months remaining on my freebie in with it. it'll

expire in 14 months.

rated:
I just got the $60/year. I have it factory installed in my 04 GMC Denali.

Customer Service said that the deal was only sent to certain people. Transfered me to promotions. The rep there said the same thing and told me I needed the promo code. I told her I didn't have it. Without even me asking told me she would check with her manager on it. Came back 4 minutes later and said she could give me the deal.

Pretty simple. Took about 20 minutes

Thanks OP

rated:
Well, it took a couple of tries but I finally got the $60 deal. Def'ly use the 1-800-929-2100 number, have your ID# ready and tell them a friend told you about the deal and that you'd like to see if it's available to you. I had actually prepurchased 3 mos, so I told them my 3 mo. trial was expiring. I don't know if the $60 deal is tied in w/ that number exclusively, but on both occasions when I spoke w/ CSRs from the "other" CS phone number they firmly "rebuffed" my efforts and would not sign me on. Good luck!!!

rated:
3-14 Shot down. Called customer service, got transferred to a manager. No go.

rated:
Viewer said: 3-14 Shot down. Called customer service, got transferred to a manager. No go.

try again later this afternoon

and again, if necessary.

rated:
I've tried twice. Both times they said because I am current on the 60 promotion (mine runs till late August).

Has anyone currently on the 60 plan received and extension?

rated:
Just called Today

I just told the Rep that I heard about this deal from the Dealer for $60 / 1yr.

They are sending me the Bill the addresse listed with the dealer.

05 Accord

Thanks OP

rated:
just called it in and got extended a year for $60, no tax in CA

rated:
Third try's a charm -- I hope.

Said they'd extend it for another year, but won't bill until my current subscription ends.

Hope they don't forget.

rated:
Viewer said: I've tried twice. Both times they said because I am current on the 60 promotion (mine runs till late August).

Has anyone currently on the 60 plan received and extension?

sorry, i didn't understand that you were trying to skunk a 2nd year. LOL

i tried that also, and got shot down.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 123 4 5100
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014