• filter:
  • 14 5 678102
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Ok folks...

After reading this post and concern about the price increasing and locking in on the subscription, I decided to give XM a call. The CS sounded tired cuz he yawned and said sorry bout that. I told him no prob, take ur time.
Then I asked him that i need to jump on the $60 for a year deal, he said no problem and ask for my radio id. I though for sure it would work. After a few minutes, he asked do you like anthony and opie, i said hell yeah, that's the reason i joined. Next, he ok its done, anything else. I said ok, i got a year for $60? he said yeah! I said thanks! a few minute later i went to xmradio.com/listencare/ to check my account--> i see gm1yr..
WOOHOOO! THANXS ALL for this post!!!! .LONG LIVE O&A and wheelchair Fred and his toy!!

wolfsmane said: Viewer said: I've tried twice. Both times they said because I am current on the 60 promotion (mine runs till late August).

Has anyone currently on the 60 plan received and extension?

sorry, i didn't understand that you were trying to skunk a 2nd year. LOL

i tried that also, and got shot down

rated:
I wrote up a big story, "I bought a 2004 Yukon used and the dealer told me to call about price deals." Of course, then I referred to the $60 deal. I gave them the XM id number, they delayed, but looked stuff up, and said that I was already registered, (it was actually different person with my name). They then said the radio I gave them was never activated, which i explained was due to the car being used, and I had no idea what the previous owner did. The csr then said she put everything in the account, but had to have a manager ok it and call me, which they did the next afternoon. My 2004 used Yukon was actually a 99 Blazer, with a Universal XM box, apparently they don't know the difference.... Give it a whirl, just being consistant. It was 64.XX with tax

rated:

rated:
Thanks!

rated:
Thnaks a lot! I just called today and jumped on this deal. They told me it expired awhile ago, but I was able to talk them into it...

rated:
Thanks OP. I got in today (3/16) for $60. I have a 2003 Chevy Avalanche and I've had XM since new on a monthly basis. I wasn't expecting them to honor the $60 deal, especially since they recently announced the price increase. However, 5 minutes after calling I was all set up with my existing account credit card for a one time $60 charge for 12 months of service. No questions or problems at all from the Rep. EASY! Thanks! Great deal!

rated:
3/16.. I called and was told it was only GM vehicles that were eligible..(mind you this is a universal XM tuner not an OEM from a car)but I kept insisting that my "friend" had gotten the deal.. so after about 5 minutes, a manager came on and said the same, but that she could offer me the same deal! Thanks OP!

rated:
I got in on the this deal back when it first posted. (Thanks, OP!) I called today, and they re-uped me for another 12 months for 60 bucks. Good deal, right? Well, yes, it turned out like that. But what I was actually trying to do was consolidate my new Roady II + 3 months service deal into my current account, which doesn't expire until late August. XM customer service got it AFU. Apparently, you can't add months (they tell me) onto that special promotion. What they did was close the promotional account and apply the remaining credit (at the 50% discounted rate) to my new full price account - meaning that I effectively lost half of my remaining service time. Needless to say, that didn't work for me. I finally had to cancel the new account, arrange to return the Roady II, and reinstate my old account. The only thing that they could figure out to do that was to sign me up for another year @$60, applying my credit for the remaining time on my old account. The new total worked out to be about $30 for service until mid-March '06. Heck, I even offered to prepay for a year in advance, but they wouldn't do it. Not XM CSR's finest hour.

rated:
Saw this this morning and jumped on it - 5 min after the phone was answered I was confirmed for the $60 promotion. I didn't notice until after I hung up the deal was over 200 days old and according to some posts, expired. Thanks OP!!!

rated:
Just called and got 1 year for $60.

rated:
just called and got $60/year deal. thanks, guys.

how come i have to pay tax?

rated:
I just called and was told no since I still have a year left on mine (I paid for two years). Was anyone else able to add on another year to an already existing plan? The CSR said it was only valid for your "first contract".

rated:
Called and the rep insist the promo is only good for factory installed radio and since mine's a Skyfi2, even if she entered the promo the "back office" guys would kick it back anyway. I'm not sure how true but that's what she said. I was offered 1 free month to try out the new "features" that I'm not really interested in so I'll try it for one month and see. Pretty disgusted with the whole thing though, I'm thinking I can do better with a large HD based player than this whole sat radio mess.

rated:
Called CS spoke to Barry.
Very nice guy.
Called at 6:30pm PST
All took me 15 minutes and he was very helpful.
Told him that my sister received a post card promotion for half off 1 year subscription
My subscription ended 1-2 weeks ago.
My Xm radio in the accord that i purchased in december expired after 3 months trial.
So this works great for me.
1 year subscrip. for half off... Thanks OP.
My car is ready for the Spring break trip...!!!

rated:
I called and told the csr that I wanted the half-off deal for a friend as a wedding present. My friend had let his expire. (Free three month new car deal)

I gave him my friends name, he keyed it in and said OK. I paid with my CC and it was done.

I didn't think that they would do it because the account was not mine but he did.

rated:
This can be a really sweet deal if you play your cards right.

Go to this site, LINK, and enter in access code GM99721.

You'll see greatly reduced prices on these sets. You have to prepay for 3 months at $9.99 ea. but you can then call and get the $60 deal. It worked for me today.

Delphi MyFi XM Satellite Radio The Delphi XM MyFi is the world's first XM2go receiver a personal XM satellite radio. The MyFi includes everything you need to enjoy XM anywhere - in the home, in the car, and on the go. It comes with all of the accessories needed to enjoy XM at home, at work, in any vehicle or on the go. As the most advanced satellite radio available, the MyFi offers everything you need to enjoy XM anywhere. All for just $249.99.

Delphi Roady 2 XM Satellite Radio This ultra-small unit is easily transportable, and works with all types of stereos with its built-in wireless FM modulator. Plus, it features a convenient scroll wheel, 30 channel presets, and 10 direct entry buttons. The two-line display offers artist, track and channel information, and it has seven selectable background colors to get the look that suits your style. Built-in wireless FM Mod technology allows you to use Roady2 in any vehicle regardless of whether it does or does not have a cassette player. Special offer includes home kit. All for just $49.

Complete XM SKYFi 2 Car or Home Bundled Package Proving once again that the sky is truly the limit when it comes to satellite radio, Delphi and XM Satellite Radio have teamed up to add a feature-rich member to its award-winning portfolio of satellite radio products-the Delphi XM SKYFi2 Satellite Radio Receiver. SKYFi2 is compatible with existing SKYFi accessories and contains several exciting new features, including an innovative pause and replay function, a stock ticker, streaming sports scores, TuneSelect, a built-in wireless FM adaptor, and other information extras. Choose home or car bundle for only $69. Boom box bundle also available for $89.

XM Commander XM Commander is the newest generation of aftermarket satellite radio devices from XM. XM Commander allows you to receive and play all of XM's digital channels through your existing in-dash radio. Integrated seamlessly into your vehicle's current sound system, the XM Commander provides endless hours of rich radio entertainment - radio to the power of X! Includes the First Satellite Radio Micro Antenna: Ultra Low Profile: Blends naturally with your vehicle, Single-Wire: One small wire is easy to hide, Detachable: Removes easily whenever required. All for just $49.

rated:
Okay this is what I did, figured I'd try to make the deal even better for myself since I had already gotten a few gift cards for xm service off eBay

Called the number to lock in the 60 for one year

Then

I had already won a few eBay auctions for a 30 and 80 xm gift card .I called back to the other xm line to lock in the 119.88 one year rate at the 9.95 service level . In winning the eBay cards I paid roughly 85 bucks for 100 value in service (Xm charges a fee of 5 bucks for the card a rip off but I can't complain). The difference in the one year service was 20 bucks so here is my breakdown

1yr for $60.00 promo listed here

1yr for $105 (85 dollars paid for gift cards won on eBay for 30 and 80 dollar xm credit plus the additional 20bucks to bring it up to the current offer)

two years $165.00. That equals 6.88 per mth or 82.50 per year :-D . They offer the two year lock in for 214 so I feel pretty darn good about it.

anyhow if any of you have gift cards or can find them on auction sites this might be worth doing . Even so you should be able to do the 60 dollar offer then lock in the 119.88 offer and still make out pretty darn well for two years of service.

rated:
The deal is still alive. Just got $60 for 1 year.

rated:
FYI - I just got a year for $60 today at the 1-800-929-2100 number.

Good Luck!

rated:
Just got the deal Thanks...

rated:
i just got in on this on my skifi2...thanks OP!

rated:
I just signed up.. took 6 minutes. I was still on my trial period.. it went through.

rated:
3-22-05
Subscibe about two weeks age for the full price $119.95/year ( prior to the proposed price increase )
Just called and asked for the 50% deal and they gave it to me , no problem. Great deal ! thanks guys for saving me a quick $60

rated:
Got it with no hassle, under 4 minutes.

Called, told them I wanted to take advantage of 1 year half off subscription with factory built-in XM unit. 30 second wait to check, credit card number, address.......done.

Very Easy, Thank you OP and all that contributed.

rated:
I called to get in on the deal, but since my trial XM service does not end until May 2, 2005, I can't get in on the deal. The person on the phone said that his computer won't let him enter the info because I already have XM service. If I let it expire, then I can get in on the deal. Wonder if the deal will still be available in May?

I could go for the three-year plan, I suppose. It works out to $8.75 per month.

Ideally, I'd like to get in on the $60 deal, and then add the extension for the two year pre-pay deal ($9.00) per month. That deal ends April 2nd.

rated:
Spook51 said: I called to get in on the deal, but since my trial XM service does not end until May 2, 2005, I can't get in on the deal. The person on the phone said that his computer won't let him enter the info because I already have XM service. If I let it expire, then I can get in on the deal. Wonder if the deal will still be available in May?

Ideally, I'd like to get in on the $60 deal, and then add the extension for the two year pre-pay deal ($9.00) per month. That deal ends April 2nd.

I allready had XM service when I called. I got in on the deal easily. They just told me not to pay the the bill that I had in my hand. (I had been paying quarterly.)

rated:
I just called XM-Radio to try and get in on this deal. They(2 reps)told me NO! It's only for people with GM Vehicles that didn't sign up after the free 3 month trial period ended

rated:
GULLUIEN said: I just called XM-Radio to try and get in on this deal. They(2 reps)told me NO! It's only for people with GM Vehicles that didn't sign up after the free 3 month trial period ended

I just bought a car last week, was told my year wouldn't start until June at the $60 price. Nice guy, no questions asked.

rated:
Spook51 said: I called to get in on the deal, but since my trial XM service does not end until May 2, 2005, I can't get in on the deal. The person on the phone said that his computer won't let him enter the info because I already have XM service. If I let it expire, then I can get in on the deal. Wonder if the deal will still be available in May?

try again. and again if necessary. my trial period isn't over until the end of april.

they just tacked my new $60/yr to the end of that. now it

expires in april 2006.

try at different times of the day to catch different

CSR's working.

rated:
Just got mine extended. My service was paid for until 4/6/05 and I'm now good to go through 3/23/06 for just $143.88 for two radios ($11.99 each). Minus credit from 3/23/04 - 4/6/05 which had been paid already.

No hassles. Not bad. Thanks OP.

I also tried her to take the other radio off the Family Plan to save another 20 bucks, or so, but she said it's a no go. Probably could've argued it, but didn't feel like it.

Maybe I should've taken the other radio off the plan first and then called, but oh well... Something to think about if somebody else has more than one radio.

TS

rated:
Just got mine reactivated, Thanks OP

rated:
My rep immediately told me no - it's for GM vehicles only, but after chatting for a bit, he agreed to try processing it - sounded surprised when "wow, my computer took it." I'm in for another year @ $60. Thanks OP!

rated:
Let me share something that an XM CSR told me about this "Win Back" promotion, FWIW. GM is PAYING XM the other half of the subscription costs on this. (Don't ask me what possible stake GM could have in this...Do they own a piece of XM?) So XM is not taking a hit on this. However, if GM ever does an account audit, I was told they would terminate the offending accounts, without recourse to the customer....Of course, "without recourse" is BS for anyone who knows FW'ers.

rated:
Called the 800 number listed on the first post and got the $60 for a year promotion on our 2005 Honda Accord.

No problems. Thanks for the great post!

rated:
Just called up, told the rep my roommate renewed his XM subscription for his GM vehicle at $60, and said I wanted the same. Went through with NO problem. Took 4 minutes.

Brilliant. Thanks!

rated:
i just called and was told no by the first csr and the secoond rep did it no problem.

i said my roomate got this card for $60 annual rate and i want the same thing - he called it the 'Z winback promotion' and charged me $60 for next 12 months - awesome. just saved $12.95 - $6 * 12!!

good luck!

Seth

rated:
BUMP (REMINDER: new rates kick in in a day 04/01)

Got it (on 2nd try)!

First one explained that it is for built-in only and if you have let your account with no funds (retention?). Second try got a nice lady who authenticated me for my account, I asked for the $60 winback promotion, she just confirmed that I would be using the credit card on file - and voila! All done. I have a SkyFi2, she never asked if it's built-in.

Good luck to you all, 1 more day to go before their new rates kick in.

Z.

rated:
$60 for the year still works!

I have SkyFi in home system and they didn't question it at all.

Be prepared to give the radio ID number (station #1) to save hassle.

$60 for a year is a great deal considering it will be $12.95 @ mnth in 2 days.

rated:
I just got it today, too. I have the F&F deal, not a GM install. This was my third attempt, just depends on who you get in CS. Thanks OP and FW.

rated:
Anybody getting this on a brand new unit that has never had service?

The rep I talked to told me that if I had or used to have service with them I could probably get it but since I was a new customer, he could only offer me $5.99 for the first 3 months and if I paid for the whole year then $10/mo for the remaining time. TIA!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 14 5 678102
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014