• filter:
  • 171 72 737475100
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I called today to renew my sentra and and asked for the $77 deal. She said no problem so I asked about my other car that hasnt been on for awhile. She said I had a credit for $152. I was like damn. So I got one car for 6 months and one car for a year and still ended up with a credit.

rated:
It is a great deal and I'd certainly jump in it. However for those who likes to talk to CS, you can negotiate $20 for 6 months with bill me option. I do it regularly, but again it isn't coming out of the box, so very YMMV

rated:
My discounted year was about to end. I called and told them I wanted to cancel. I said without Bubba the Love Sponge on Sirius, they have nothing that I want to pay for. I was offered "$20 for 5 months for both radios". I said $40 is too much. They said no it is $20 total. After confirming several times I agreed to renew both of my radios for 5 months at $10 each.

rated:
What is the cheapest you can get for XM + Best of Sirius. The $77 for everything XM is good, But if it was like 100 for XM + Best of Sirius, i would go for it. You guys here anything?

rated:
Just Subscribed... $77 - XM Everything (1 year)
$33 - Best of Sirius (1 year)
$26 - XM Online (2 year)
$11 - Royalty Fee
$19 - State Taxes
$156 - Total
Not bad...Especially since i got an extra free year of XM online

rated:
Folks, please help me out. I just got a new car and this is my first interaction with Sat radio. So on my cars display console I am seeing Sirius, Call now to activate. I went online to their website and found that an Indian music station that I am looking for is on XM not Sirius. My question is, XM and Sirius, are these two different entities? or I can have both in my car? Also as a first time buyer How much do I need to spend for subscription if I want the whole package.
Thanks

rated:
techy2011 said:   My question is, XM and Sirius, are these two different entities? or I can have both in my car? Also as a first time buyer How much do I need to spend for subscription if I want the whole package.
There is still some content that is unique to either Sirius or XM. The technologies are not compatible, so if you want this station you will need a separate XM receiver and subscription. The only XM content your Sirius receiver can get is under the "Best of XM" package (primarily sports content), and that's only available by paying an additional fee. There is a dual-band receiver that can tune both Sirius and XM, but no receiver built-in to a vehicle currently works like this.

rated:
I called this evening to cancel my service and received an offer that others have mentioned as well (5 months for $23 and change/$4.60 a month). Not bad at all...........

rated:
Yeah I called and got another 5 months, third discount so far (1 year $77, and then two of the 5 months at $20). Last time I got the online xm free, couldn't talk them into it this time but it's only $2.99 more a month so I'm happy!

rated:
Got another Sirius 1yr for $77, but had to ask to be transferred to cancellation dept before it worked.

rated:
6 years in a row...I got a year for $79...i'll pay the extra 2 bucks.

rated:
The newer trick this year was to eke an extra $2 out of you by sending a bill after you give them the credit card number over the phone apparently they forgot it when they took the number. A single use number of course.

rated:
Got the $77/year plan after asking for it on an expired subscription.

rated:
Anyone getting special deals on 2nd and 3rd receivers on same account?

rated:
just called first off the guy sounds like he speaks through some kind of machine which tweaks his voice very weird. But i will give him credit for basically asking me why i am cancelling (mentioned downgrading household services cable etc..). First offer was 5 month continued @ $20, i stated no because i would call back in 5 months. then offered $88 for the year. I asked about online and was put on hold, told i would be invoiced $89.97 for the full year xm and online.BTW i am not too sure what the final tab will be but if its $100 or so i am fine he said the $89 number but did that include taxes royalties who knows.

I was just rolling off 5 month $20 promo on the new car...never paid full price and dont think i would. I was ready to cancel if no deal offered.

Thanks

rated:
They seem to jump right to the better deals if you tell them you are canceling because Bubba the Love Sponge isn't on Sirius anymore. It's like they want to avoid marking that as the reason at all costs. Or (if you want)... tell them that your radio is acting up and now that Bubba isn't on, you don't want to mess with it anymore. They'll give you a big discount and send you a free radio.

Like mentioned above, I got them down to $10 per radio for 5 months. ($2/month)

rated:
HomieG said:   Anyone getting special deals on 2nd and 3rd receivers on same account?

Yes, just got half off second radio. (second year in a row)

rated:
cranston said:   The newer trick this year was to eke an extra $2 out of you by sending a bill after you give them the credit card number over the phone apparently they forgot it when they took the number. A single use number of course.

Yes, they did this to me also

rated:
I could not get it on my second radio. After multi csr the lowest a could get was 99.99. The last 3 year i was paying 53.99.

rated:
nacho1337 said:   I could not get it on my second radio. After multi csr the lowest a could get was 99.99. The last 3 year i was paying 53.99.They obviously didn't believe that you were serious about canceling. You really have to be prepared to walk, you can always sign back up during one of the many times they call you back for the next few weeks.

rated:
Just redid both my radio's at 5 months at $20 each best they would do for me and gave me deal on the online for 3 months they said....total came out to $57.21 does that sound right?

rated:
Just redid both my radio's at 5 months at $20 each best they would do for me and gave me deal on the online for 3 months they said....total came out to $57.21 does that sound right?

rated:
I did cancel and waiting for the calls

rated:
just called and got XM Everything 6 mon. for $38.85 (46.34 total)

rated:
synch22 said:   just called first off the guy sounds like he speaks through some kind of machine which tweaks his voice very weird. But i will give him credit for basically asking me why i am cancelling (mentioned downgrading household services cable etc..). First offer was 5 month continued @ $20, i stated no because i would call back in 5 months. then offered $88 for the year. I asked about online and was put on hold, told i would be invoiced $89.97 for the full year xm and online.BTW i am not too sure what the final tab will be but if its $100 or so i am fine he said the $89 number but did that include taxes royalties who knows.

I was just rolling off 5 month $20 promo on the new car...never paid full price and dont think i would. I was ready to cancel if no deal offered.

Thanks

got my invoice and it wasnt what i was quoted on the phone. $119 after all said and done internet and xm everything, i wont complain $10 a monthis more than fair by me.

rated:
Curious, has anyone canceled or negotiated a reduced rate AFTER they charge your cc? As usual I forgot when my year was over and they charged me $25 for two radios for ONE month. It's only been two days. I want to see if I can get them to refund or turn that one $25/month into $25/5 months for both radios. Or something better than $12/month per radio. That's a joke. Just wondering any success rates after they charged you??

rated:
mezmez said:   Curious, has anyone canceled or negotiated a reduced rate AFTER they charge your cc? As usual I forgot when my year was over and they charged me $25 for two radios for ONE month. It's only been two days. I want to see if I can get them to refund or turn that one $25/month into $25/5 months for both radios. Or something better than $12/month per radio. That's a joke. Just wondering any success rates after they charged you??
Yes, I forgot and mine renewed a couple of months ago. I called a week or so later to cancel (I'm happy to cancel if it's full price), and they offered me the $79 and credited the original amount.

rated:
I got in the mail 5 months for $25... not bad but I dunno when I had it on trial, I constantly switched back and forth to terrestrial. Now I'm on MP3s for the win. New ipod hookup in the car is a dream. I just wish the satellite radio was super cheap for the service, I wasn't using it a whole lot. Would be good at 20 bucks for a year. But satellites are expensive ah well..

rated:
mezmez said:   Curious, has anyone canceled or negotiated a reduced rate AFTER they charge your cc? As usual I forgot when my year was over and they charged me $25 for two radios for ONE month. It's only been two days. I want to see if I can get them to refund or turn that one $25/month into $25/5 months for both radios. Or something better than $12/month per radio. That's a joke. Just wondering any success rates after they charged you??

I did just yesterday. I called to renew or cancel my current promotion (5months for $20) they said that promo had just ended, and offered me 6 months for $28. I accepted

About a hour later, I heard of a new promo they were offering at 6 months for under $18. I complained and they agreed to set me up on that deal. So now I have it for 6 months for $17.59...........This included Internet Radio BTW

rated:
I am having a problem getting the $77 plus traffic. What do you say in order to have them offer it?

rated:
How were you able to renew the $77 with traffic? I am having a problem with them saying its not offered and is a separate charge. Please help Thanks!

rated:
XM has the worst customer service! Go a new car, they were supposed to transfer old plan and remaining months to new car. XM quit today and after 3 calls they still want to tell me I lost the service I paid for because they never transferred it to the new radio! So whomever has my old car has been getting XM free for 3 months. They wont send an email confirming what they have agreed to and getting a supervisor is like trying to see the president.

Anybody have any phone numbers to bypass the CS agents? and skip the posts thanking me for the free 3 months....you know you were thinking about it.

rated:
Just called and told them I wanted 6 months for $17.59. He asked if I got something in the mail..I said yeah sure...he asked again....i said "YES" I got something in the mail....he said "no problem". Told them to invoice me (so they can't automatically charge the retail rate at the end). I was a few days before my trial subscription ended.

rated:
Just called and told them I wanted 6 months for $17.59. He asked if I got something in the mail..I said yeah sure...he asked again....i said "YES" I got something in the mail....he said "no problem". Told them to invoice me (so they can't automatically charge the retail rate at the end). I was a few days before my trial subscription ended.

rated:

rated:
Just got the 5 month/$20 deal for XM Everything with no problem. Reminder added to my calendar to cancel/renew in 4.5 months

rated:
Once again, Sirius gives me a deal I'm more than happy with. Last year I got a year for $80 (after all fees and taxes). I called again, saying I only wanted to renew if I could get it for the same price I paid last time AND include premium internet radio (versus the free one I've been getting, that doesn't have Smart Phone access). He said the best he could do would be an additional $14. I said no thanks then, and I'd just like to do the $80 deal, he said no problem, and put me on hold while he set it up. He came back after a couple minutes and said he talked with his manager and got approval to include the premium internet radio for the included $80 payment, so that's pretty awesome!

So, $80 (after fees) for one year with one radio and premium internet streaming.

rated:
Just got the $77/yr deal with XM! No waiting on hold and no hassling. 5 minute deal!

rated:
Yes, I just got the 50% off XM deal, too. Comes out to be about $85 after royalty fee. Asked for XM Online but they wouldn't do it. I didn't fight it. Took about 5 minutes, total.

For reference, I called this number 1-800-967-2346 and spoke the word "Cancel" when prompted in their automated menu system.

rated:
ww4397 said:   Yes, I just got the 50% off XM deal, too. Comes out to be about $85 after royalty fee. Asked for XM Online but they wouldn't do it. I didn't fight it. Took about 5 minutes, total.

For reference, I called this number 1-800-967-2346 and spoke the word "Cancel" when prompted in their automated menu system.

Got the same yearly deal, auto renew at the $77 yr rate. Wasn't worth the hassle to do a 5 month renewal.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 171 72 737475100
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014