• filter:
  • 188 89 90919299
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
ItsJustDon said:   For the first time in 6 years they let me cancel - crazy! They did offer 1/2 price for a year but I have 3 radios and $300 is a bit too much. I was hoping they'd offer something better but they just went ahead and allowed the radios to cancel on the 25th. Not sure what I'll do now.

If you thought 300 was a good deal for 3 radios, keep them at the same price.
If you think it is not a good deal but you rather would have 2 radios, keep 2 of them.
I love the service, thus I keep on renewing at half price, even with the new increase in price to about 95, I think it is an awesome value, I have not listened to terrestrial radio since I signed up with Siriusxm.

rated:
Called 866-635-5020. Asked to cancel as the cost was going up so much on the renewal. Offered half off a year right away. $86+Tax for full year. Took it. On the phone 5 minutes. Quickest call ever.

rated:
i got a bill for 172.21 for select
called to 'cancel' and was immediately offered 86/year
i said no, that was still too much
she came right back with 25/6 months
i accepted that
no fuss, quick and easy

rated:
ItsJustDon said:   allowed the radios to cancel on the 25th. Not sure what I'll do now.

Hook up your MP3 player or smart phone to the car radio. I dumped XM/Sirius years ago, mainly because of lousy bit rate audio streams that sounded tinny, even on my factory 96 Chevy car stereo.

rated:
kabetic said:   Called 866-635-5020. Asked to cancel as the cost was going up so much on the renewal. Offered half off a year right away. $86+Tax for full year. Took it. On the phone 5 minutes. Quickest call ever.

Called the same #, got the same offer. Also offered 6/$47 or 5/$25 -- but only w/ a credit card on file. I went ahead and did the $25 and will be sure to call prior to renewal.

rated:
I am up for renewal again. Called to "cancel", got a US rep right away. Told him it was getting too expensive to have 3 radios on and so on, and I wanted to cancel. Was offered half off for the year $205 for 3 radios ($86 for the first, $43 for the second and $43 for the third + fees and taxes). I told him it was still too much. He offered 6 months for $25. I took it, again. I have been calling and "cancelling" for over 4 years now!

rated:
Just called and renewed my 3 car radios for a total of $82.21 for 5 months. $5.48/mo each, decent enough deal.

rated:
Just called and was originally told the offer I had was the best (163 for 2 radios for five months). Said let's cancel and was offered 50.95 for 6 months per radio, explained that my friend had just gotten 6 months for 25 and if 50.95 was the best to end service today. Put on hold and she came back and said I could have 5/25 but only with a credit card. I went to get my wallet and could tell she was putting me on mute. I asked if she was still there, she unmuted, said yes, and I guess disconnected the line when she went to mute me again.

Had to call back in and wait in the queue again but eventually got 5/25 for both radios.

rated:
I got caught sleeping and my xm subscription renewed at $81/6 mos for my one radio.

I called in to cancel because this is truly too expensive for me. I was offered 1/2 price for one year. I declined and then was offered 6 mos for $30, which I accepted.

I wish they'd stop playing this game every six months. I'd be happy to renew for a year or more at the $5/mo rate.

rated:
Called to cancel both my XM and Sirius radios, and they offered the $86/year for the XM. I declined hoping for the 6mos and/or Online (I had mentioned using online) but he just said "Ok no problem please hold" and a few minutes later he had cancelled both.

Last time we actually cancelled, they sent a "Please come back" offer a few weeks later. If that comes I might take it for my XM, but really don't need the bill.

rated:
had my second radio on a 6 for $25 promo, which was ending tomorrow, just called 866-410-9296 to cancel/rework a deal, told them I had the 6 for $25 letter just mailed to me again on 5/16, and they renewed my deal, took about 10 minutes.

rated:
DelChuckles said:   had my second radio on a 6 for $25 promo, which was ending tomorrow, just called 866-410-9296 to cancel/rework a deal, told them I had the 6 for $25 letter just mailed to me again on 5/16, and they renewed my deal, took about 10 minutes.My promo was ending 6/1 so called same number last night hoping to receive this same offer again and did. Took about 5 min and used a virtual cc so have to remember to renew or cancel 12/1

rated:
I just renewed for one year for $85.46, inclusive of all fees, and the $2.00 invoice fee was waived for the new bill with my new rate. My original renewal notice was for $189.40 (service, fees, taxes). I called 1-888-539-7474 and chose the prompt to cancel my service. I told the representative that I wanted to cancel due to the high cost. He immediately offered to reduce my renewal fee by 50%, which would have been around $95. I told him I wanted the same deal as I received last year, which was $77 per year plus the royalty fees. He immediately offered to lower my renewal to $85.46. All in all this year I paid about $6 less.

rated:
I had just recently bought a new car and traded in my old car that had Sirius with the promotional rate. My new car came with a receiver that was not Sirius ready nor did it have a USB port. It didn't take to decide to swap it out for one that was Sirius compatible and included a USB port.

I took a chance that they would transfer my promotional rate from my old Sirius receiver's SID to the new one. They did the transfer without any issue and waived the transfer fee too. It probably took less than 10 minutes including wait time.

rated:
I just tried to subscribe after my 6 month trial ended. I called twice and the best I could get was $144/year plus taxes. And that didn't include the Travel Link, which I also wanted. When I said that my sister just got a year at $85, they said that the above promotion was the only one that was available to me at this time.

My question is does anyone know how I can get a year plus the Travel Link for around $100? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really love the service, but can't afford/don't want to pay $200 for it.

rated:
sparkeyj said:   I just tried to subscribe after my 6 month trial ended. I called twice and the best I could get was $144/year plus taxes. And that didn't include the Travel Link, which I also wanted. When I said that my sister just got a year at $85, they said that the above promotion was the only one that was available to me at this time.

My question is does anyone know how I can get a year plus the Travel Link for around $100? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really love the service, but can't afford/don't want to pay $200 for it.

Call back every couple weeks (or more often if you like). Sometimes its operator dependent. You could also just wait for them to come to you. Eventually retention will send you some kind of offer that will probably be pretty good.

rated:
sparkeyj said:   I just tried to subscribe after my 6 month trial ended. I called twice and the best I could get was $144/year plus taxes. And that didn't include the Travel Link, which I also wanted. When I said that my sister just got a year at $85, they said that the above promotion was the only one that was available to me at this time.

Did you call this number 866-635-5020?

If not, call again and when prompted say "cancel" and confirm that was what you said. After that you will be placed on hold and usually a great CSR will help you out. This will get you to the retention folks from their call center in Canada. They will help usually help you out and are super great to deal with.

rated:

Sounds like you are not an EXISTING customer. The "cancellation" trick only works for existing customers. Please re-read the thread on how to make it work if you are not CURRENTLY SUBSCRIBING to XM.

Calling cancellation department and hoping that retentions does something for you if you are not AN EXISTING customer is kind of silly if you ask me.

If you are currently paying for the service, I must have misunderstood your post. It sounded like you used to have service, but not right now.

rated:
Flirple said:   I wish they'd stop playing this game every six months. I'd be happy to renew for a year or more at the $5/mo rate.

Yeah we had a trial in our new car. Wife liked it and I'd pay about $5 a month for it. But I am not going to play these games to get that rate. I preiodically check the thread to see if sanity has prevailed at Sirius/XM but so far it appears not.

rated:
Was able to call today to get the five months for $25 again, which works out to be $29.36 with taxes and fees. Put it on the calendar to remind me to call before it expires.

rated:
when you call to cancel and they give you the deal for 5/25, is this for premium channels? Howard stern?

rated:
blueiedgod said:   
Sounds like you are not an EXISTING customer. The "cancellation" trick only works for existing customers. Please re-read the thread on how to make it work if you are not CURRENTLY SUBSCRIBING to XM.

Calling cancellation department and hoping that retentions does something for you if you are not AN EXISTING customer is kind of silly if you ask me.

If you are currently paying for the service, I must have misunderstood your post. It sounded like you used to have service, but not right now.

Although I understand your logic, you are incorrect. We've had two new cars that had trial periods of Sirius and XM in 2010. Even though one of the trial periods had ended on one of the cars, I called the number above and was able to get the promotional rates with two different trial periods, on two different cars on two different occasions without even using the word cancel directly with the retention CSR. I just asked if they would give me the going promotional rate the time and the retention CSR didn't even flinch. Of course you might get an unfriendly CSR or SiriusXM may change their tactics, so YMMV.

rated:
I called and got 6 months for 25 (advertised here http://www.siriusxm.com/listen3 $27 after taxes and fees in my area, no problem. Not a previous customer (well, I'm not, but apparently my radio was, as a used car the last owner must have had it at some point). Had to put CC, and set a calendar reminder for 5 months and 3 weeks from now to call and cancel.

EDIT: Corrected URL

rated:
pitflyer said:   I called and got 6 months for 25 (advertised here http://www.siriusxm.com/listen3),

Page Not Found

rated:
MadPunter said:   pitflyer said:   I called and got 6 months for 25 (advertised here http://www.siriusxm.com/listen3),

Page Not Found

Errant characters at the end of the link. Here's the right one: http://www.siriusxm.com/listen3

rated:
Yeah I just called to cancel. They offered me something like 86 for 12 months, which when adding the taxes and fees, is almost $10 a month. I told them no, and they offered me 43 for 6 months, which I told them was the same price. They asked why I was cancelling and I told them...I am tired of more and more commercials, inane chatter from moron DJs that I pay for radio to avoid listening to in the first place, and the increasing cost. They did not offer me anything else and just cancelled it. I would have kept it for the 25/5 or so that others got, but oh well. Bye bye XM.

rated:
Antonius66 said:   Yeah I just called to cancel. They offered me something like 86 for 12 months, which when adding the taxes and fees, is almost $10 a month. I told them no, and they offered me 43 for 6 months, which I told them was the same price. They asked why I was cancelling and I told them...I am tired of more and more commercials, inane chatter from moron DJs that I pay for radio to avoid listening to in the first place, and the increasing cost. They did not offer me anything else and just cancelled it. I would have kept it for the 25/5 or so that others got, but oh well. Bye bye XM.

LOL, what we have here is a failure to communicate. They ask you why you are cancelling, and you told them too much commericals and moron DJs. They probably think you really wanted to cancel the subscription, that's why they didn't bother to offer you the $25/6month deal. Next time if you want lower price, just ask for lower price. No need to beat around the bush. Now that your account is cancelled, you might be able to get the $25/6 deal to reactivate your account, try it, won't hurt.

rated:
Ingman21 said:   when you call to cancel and they give you the deal for 5/25, is this for premium channels? Howard stern?

Pretty sure it's not, if you're XM. It's for everything BUT the Sirius Premier channels.

rated:
* OFFER DETAILS: Activate a prepaid semi-annual (6-month) subscription on a Sirius Select subscription package, pay only $24.99 for your first 6 months, and save 71% off the standard subscription price ($4.17/mo versus $14.49/mo). Offer good on any inactive radio on your account and comes with free activation (a $15 value).

http://www.siriusxm.com/subscriptions/packages/sirius/siriussele...

Interestingly enough, I got the offer on my Sirius radio but activated it on the XM in my car, which gives me XMSelect. Similar except the talking heads are different (not Howard Stern, but Opie & Anthony)

http://www.siriusxm.com/subscriptions/packages/xm/xmselect

I don't listen to either so doesn't matter to me..

rated:
I just renewed for one year for $90, inclusive of all fees.

I called 1-888-539-7474 and chose the prompt to cancel my service. I told the representative that I wanted to cancel due to the high cost. He immediately offered to reduce my renewal fee to $95. I told him I wanted the same deal as I received last year, which was $77 plus fees. He immediately offered to lower my renewal to $90.

I haggled with him a bit trying to get to the $86 range I've seen posted here. I'm guessing if I would have said the cost was too high and to cancel it I could have gotten him lower. But for $4, I figured my haggling skills were not as good as his so I renewed.

Note that your credit card is on file and all accounts are set to auto-renew so you need to monitor this next year or it will auto-renew at the $186 rate.

What a pain!

rated:
fedude said:   I just renewed for one year for $90, inclusive of all fees. Note that your credit card is on file and all accounts are set to auto-renew so you need to monitor this next year or it will auto-renew at the $186 rate. What a pain!

I hope 364 days from now you won't find it a nightmare rather than just a pain. If I can give anyone reading this huge thread, never give XM/Sirus your credit card number. The $2 paper invoice billing fee will be the best $2 you ever spent.

rated:
robby69 said:   fedude said:   I just renewed for one year for $90, inclusive of all fees. Note that your credit card is on file and all accounts are set to auto-renew so you need to monitor this next year or it will auto-renew at the $186 rate. What a pain!

I hope 364 days from now you won't find it a nightmare rather than just a pain. If I can give anyone reading this huge thread, never give XM/Sirus your credit card number. The $2 paper invoice billing fee will be the best $2 you ever spent.

No offense but this is utterly nonsense.

I have been giving my SXM my credit card for the last 4 years or so, and never had any issues with them charging without sending a documentation of the new charges. And they send that info 2-3 months before the subscription expires.

I always received the flier that states what my renewal rate will be, and when the renewal will happen, and I just call them before that date and renew it with the cheaper rate.

The so called credit card pain is for those who seem to never check their mail, or throw away anything that has SXM on it, even though they subscribe to the service. Go figure.

rated:
I have a minivan that has Sirius, and a roady XM.

I have renewed 6 months for $25 at least 4 times now, twice on each system. I always do the roady in the summer for the baseball and I have never had any problems with SiriusXM.

If you don't want the credit card to auto renew, just change the expiration date on file so it will not auto renew.

rated:
Called regular # and after telling them that their 1st 3 'offers' were too expensive, eventually wound up getting the Select package (more than enough stations) for $86 for a year with no rebill to my credit card. It started @ $199.

They would not budge on throwing in or discounting traffic. I got it anyway as I figure if that saves me from sitting an hour in traffic just one time, it's paid or itself.

rated:
dkodek said:   Called regular # and after telling them that their 1st 3 'offers' were too expensive, eventually wound up getting the Select package (more than enough stations) for $86 for a year with no rebill to my credit card. It started @ $199.

They would not budge on throwing in or discounting traffic. I got it anyway as I figure if that saves me from sitting an hour in traffic just one time, it's paid or itself.

I was just wondering, how is the Sirius/XM traffic in comparison to traffic in Garmin GPS (recently $80 shipped from WalMart)?

I don't have either, but just curious if any of the are accurate and up-to-date...

rated:
just called to "cancel"...said too expensive...offered 6/47 said it was still too much then offered 5/25 and took it. $27.44 total

rated:
Just called to cancel myself. Originally was offered 12/$86, said I couldn't do it and was offered 5/$25 which I did take.

rated:
If my renew date is 6/24, how soon can I call to cancel to get offered a cheaper rate?

rated:
My renew date is only a week and a half away, but haven't heard a peep from XM. I insisted on paying by invoice last year rather than by credit card and I have a hunch that there is going to be a period of no satellite radio for a while. Normally this wouldn't bother me but we are driving across country in a few weeks and would like to have it if only for a month or two.

Anyone have experience with that scenario and the best method to insure a 12/$86 or 5/$25 deal? (Maybe I am wrong in thinking that if I call them and tell them I am without service they would be less likely to offer a great deal).

rated:
MadPunter said:   Anyone have experience with that scenario and the best method to insure a 12/$86 or 5/$25 deal? (Maybe I am wrong in thinking that if I call them and tell them I am without service they would be less likely to offer a great deal).

In my experience, asking to be invoiced means nothing to the CSRs; they just remind you that you have to pay a $2 fee and move on with the process.

So I'd say the best way is just the same way everyone else has recommended in this thread. And of course make sure you call "Customer Advocacy" at 866-635-5020, not the usual number. That way 1) You actually get an agent in less than 90 seconds; 2) they're located in the US; and 3) they're the same agents that handle potential cancelees so they're already expecting to have to offer you a deal.

I personally wouldn't mention the invoice until you've settled the pricing; after that, once you ask to be invoiced you'll have over a month to pay the bill.

(Actually, I think they let expired radios continue for a good 30-60 days anyway, hoping you'll respond to their calls and letters.)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 188 89 90919299
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014