• filter:
  • 189 90 919293102
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I just got the 5/25 deal. They started out with 12/94, then went ot 12/86. I asked if he could do better and I was offered the 5/25 deal. I used the Advocacy number listed above. Now I need to look forward to a November deal!

rated:
You could always use the "my friend renewed his service recently and was offered 5mo/$25 - would you by chance be able to offer me the same?". Technically we're all friends here!

rated:
I got a renewel bill for two radios for $295 for the year. I called up to the advocacy number listed above and was offered $95 a year per radio. I refused and said I would cancel unless I got my same price as last year. They then gave me the $154.00 a year for two radios. This is what I paid for last year, which is supossed to be 1/2 off. They will not take the automatic renewel off, so the dance will continue next June or until the internet options get better. Then so long for ever to these guys.

rated:
The best they offered $91.87 for 12 months and I pulleed the trigger. Grrrrr........

rated:
that was out the door pricingb aftr all fees and taxes

rated:

XM (60.72kB)
Disclaimer
Just had my 6th consecutive 1/2 price XM Premier renewal (2 cars x 3 years). I keep 2 separate accounts since it comes out the same considering the 1/2 price. Never takes more than 3 minutes once I get a live person. I just politely tell them we only drive maybe 7000 miles/yr between the 2 cars (true) and that the service isn't worth the $229/yr for each (very true). Today she said "how about half-price again like last year." I said thanks and that was it. I checked my account and it was all taken care of. Don't want to deal with the 6 month thing as it is 1 less thing to worry about for a year.

BTW, I always put the payment on a credit card that I plan to cancel or lose. I NEVER want them to have an active card in their system for me which avoids charging me. Once they have your money it's much more difficult to cancel and/or get it refunded.

rated:
I had been on a 5 for $25 deal and let it run for two months after it expired to the point that I'd gotten a "past due account" notice in the mail and my radio had been shut off. I called 866-635-5020 and waited on hold for 20 minutes before hanging up. I called back on 866-431-7474 (Customer Advocacy Team) and a helpful rep (Canadian, I think) picked right up. After some negotiating, she ended up charging me $7.50 per month rather than the rack rate for the two months since my 5 for $25 expired, and then she let me renew for 5 for $25 going forward. Before I hung up, I asked if I could add a second vehicle (a new car with an expired Sirius trial subscription) to my package at the same 5 for $25 rate, and she said fine. Happy. FWIW I've subscribed to Sirius since 2006 (and have been using the same Starmate radio the entire time without asking for any subsidized new hardware, etc.), so apparently they consider me a good customer.

rated:
5 for $25 didn't work for me. Best they offered was 6 for $43.

rated:
Granted not the deal discussed of late but still pretty darn good considering if you receive same offer in 6 months total would be $86 for the year.
This original thread was about $77 yr plus any fee's and tax. Just saying

rated:
I took the 6/25 deal and opted for them to send me the bill for extra $2, which I think was worth it considering all the horror stories about them charging your CC without authorization. This was over a month and I still haven't got the bill yet. my sub will expire in 2 weeks, maybe they forgot about my order like some people have mentioned in here?

rated:
Great! Thank you OP!

rated:
Still works now. Just called the 800-682-4114 number and got 6 month for $24.99 + taxes after our trial period expires.

rated:
Called the Advocacy number and held for 8 minutes and hung up. Called 800.682.4114 and reached a rep immediately. Took the 6 month offer for a total of $33.93.

I have had XM since 2005 and have taken advantage of this thread, and its predecessors, repeatedly. Saved me a lot of money over the years....

rated:
3 month trial on new car expired, I called the advocacy # (866-431-7474) and they immediately gave me a 6 month renewal for $24.99. No discount on the traffic, which they quoted at $19.99 for 6 months, so I passed on it.

rated:
Just got the 6-month for $25 promotion ($30.40 after taxes and royalty fees). Called the cancellation line and waited for about 10 min to speak to a representative. My 6-month/$29.99 promotion had just ended and they auto-renewed me at like $14.48/month. Told them I was going to cancel and they said I was eligible for the 6/$25 promo, so I took it. Done in less than 5 min once I could talk to someone.

rated:
Called 866-635-5020 first but wouldn't do anything for me so tried the 866-431-7474 (Customer Advocacy Team) and secured 5/$20 + tax + invoice fee for total of $32.20. Wouldn't budge on that price for 6 months so took it. Plus I was two weeks past renewal date so didn't want to push it.

rated:
Just called the Customer Advocacy Team and my bill went from $184.xx to $94.43 (total / including taxes). Nice lady also waived my two months that were past due. I give them a virtual credit card each year so that they cannot automatically renew. This was so painless -- all I did was ask for same price as last year. Thanks to everyone for the info / tips!

rated:
boozter said:   Just called the Customer Advocacy Team and my bill went from $184.xx to $94.43 (total / including taxes). Nice lady also waived my two months that were past due. I give them a virtual credit card each year so that they cannot automatically renew. This was so painless -- all I did was ask for same price as last year. Thanks to everyone for the info / tips!

This sounds like our famous $77/yr deal pl us royalty fees, ect.... Did it include smartphone (Internet) account?

I have been on $77/yr deals for 7 years!!!

rated:
I've been paying 90-something for the last 6 years and decided to cancel the service. The best they offered me was the same 50% off rate for another year. I passed this time around. I don't listen to enough stations to justify the cost. I can get cnn, cnbc and bloomberg on my cell phone and I'm okay with that.

rated:
Sounds like most people are current customers. Here was my results as a new subscriber.

Calling Customer Advocacy (866-431-7474) worked very well for me. I recently got a pre-owned car with an XM radio in it where a previous owner already used the free 3 month trial. When I called Listener Care (866-635-2349) they didn't care about what i wanted, but after reading here about Customer Advocacy they said they would give me the same 3 month free trial as if it wasn't used yet. Sounds good to me.

Then after i'll have to try for the $77 deal.

EDIT: I didn't see this beforehand, but they have a page for pre-owned vehicle trials; http://www.siriusxmpreownedtrial.com/faqs.html

rated:
Called advocacy team phone number today and got transferred to Bangalore anyhow. First they offered 40% off to not cancel. Refused that and offered 50% off. Took it.

rated:
This all looks like a lot of work for redundant radio stations. Sure I liked it when I had it but I think this would be a lot easier if they just offered the good rate flat out instead of having to keep calling in every time they hike the price up. I do without and haven't thought much about it.

rated:
amptor said:   This all looks like a lot of work for redundant radio stations. Sure I liked it when I had it but I think this would be a lot easier if they just offered the good rate flat out instead of having to keep calling in every time they hike the price up. I do without and haven't thought much about it.

I agree! It would probably net them more customers (and money) in the long run. I just came off the 6mo/$30 deal and I called and said I needed a better rate or I would not be renewing. They offered me half price for a year right off the bat (94.43) which I took. No hassle, 5 minutes on the phone.

rated:
After a very quick conversation, I was offered 12 months for $94 flat (inclusive of radio service / royalty fee and tax). I probably could have held out until I got 6 months for $25, but I don't want to go though the hassle of remembering to call again in six months before the auto renewal.

rated:
First rep at 8006824114 couldn't offer ANY deal.. Said I wanted to cancel.. Transferred to new dept.. His first offer was $86 for the year.. I said no, I want $5/month.. He looked and set me up at 5 months for $5 each month.. I've had this promo before..

rated:
I was invoiced at a special rate of $92 last year, after my trial expired.
My subscription was up a few days ago, so I called Customer Advocacy (866-431-7474). Said right off that my subscription had expired and I was not going to renew with the rate being outrageous and asked if there was anything they could do. The guy asked me right away how I got this number and gave me a spiel about it not being the normal number. I made up some BS about my friends getting a good deal and giving it to me.
Explained that I only listened to 2 stations and it just wasn't worth it to me. Out of the clear blue he offered me a flat $95 including all taxes and the invoice fee.
Reasonable price I thought as I hate to go back to strictly sports radio and I can't stand the endless moronic commercials or the political imbeciles that dominate the airwaves. (Not to mention that I will be driving across country in a few weeks).

rated:
Just got the $94/12 month deal.. I also have travel link and traffic so I now pay $160/12 months from 262/12 months worth the 20 min phone call.. thanks for the number..

rated:
double post.. sorry

rated:
Best I could do was that $94/12 month deal PLUS all applicable taxes which came to $106.99 - and that was by calling the regular customer service number. I tried the customer advocacy number but after holding for what seemed ages, got disconnected. I just couldn't talk him into including all the other costs like MadPunter--but I tried.

Thanks to all the people who have commented here and told me what kind of rates were available and where to call!

rated:
Just got $160/12 with traffic link as well.

rated:
I opted for invoice billing, and just got the bill last week. Within the bill, there is a $10 credit if I switch to auto bill, so I took that offer and got the credit, so around $16 for 6months. I just need to remember to cancel or call for a new deal before my subscription expires.

rated:
Do they offer a deal for the Premier service?

rated:
I got Premier 5 months for $30

rated:
About 2 weeks ago I sold my old car which had my XM radio in it, and bought a new car, which also has an XM radio in it. So I called them to cancel service to the old radio (just had a week or 2 of subscription left on it, but I wanted to be sure the old radio was removed from my account). The gentleman I spoke to was based in the US and right away he offered to cancel the service to the old radio, transfer the remaining time left on the old radio's subscription to my new car's radio (which presently has a free 3-month trial on it), plus he gave me another 6 months of service to the new radio for $25 plus taxes/fees ($27.44 total). So now my new car's XM subscription is good till mid-April of next year. And they won't charge my card until the free 3-month promotional period for my new car is over. I didn't even have to ask.

This is the phone number I called: 1-866-568-0364. Since I wasn't transferred and was offered the deal immediately, I suspect it's a direct line to the retentions department rather than to the sales department.

rated:
called to "cancel" my sirius radio and not pay the $165 automatic renewal, wanted the same deal as last year for $77.00. Actually had a very nice gal on the phone, spoke English, and with out any major confrontation, got this year's "deal" at $86.00 + tax. No arguing, no threats...just so easy. Just remember to call prior to your renewal date in a year to play the same game!

rated:
I called 1-866-568-0364 number and selected cancel subscription even though my new car trial just expired. I was first offered 199.00 then 159.00 when I told them my friend just got 86.00 the lady was able to find it and give me the same deal.

rated:
Made my annual cancel call,(second year with this strategy), settled for the 12/94 plan. Had a $135 credit on my account, no idea why, so they ended up paying me to stay on for another year.

rated:
I also called the 1-866-568-0364 number. The best I could get was $95 plus tax and fees. I used to only pay $77 a year for many years and was trying for $86. Settled at $95 to save another 30 minutes on the phone.

rated:
They let the expired radios continue but still bill for it. I lost track of the expiration date and went past by a couple of weeks before calling to cancel. The only offer I got was the 86$ for a year so I cancelled. I got a statement for those extra days and a couple of nasty phone calls because the original bill wasn't paid.

rated:
I spent 29 minutes on the phone to a guy in India...or??? he had a very strong accent and had trouble understanding him. As far as I'm concerned I think I got screwed. long story short. Only knew of the 6 month charge of 102.00 on my Discover bill when it came. No notice via email from XM that it was coming up. I thought the last time I renewed it was for the FULL year. SO I call to cancel and he talks me into Music only...(No sports etc) for 130.00 for the FULL year. I told them to send me a confirmation email so I have the proof. No confirmation email so how do I know this even happened? A-holes. I will discontinue XM after June 2013 before they hit me with a new bill. I wish there was competition...they sure have the monopoly. Not right!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 189 90 919293102
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014