• filter:
  • 190 91 929394100
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
My traffic only plan expires in about a month. Called to see what they could offer. Was offer nothing but the regular rate. Told 'em to let it run out and deactivate after the promo runs out.

I'm sure at some point after that time they'll be hounding me to resubscribe.

Traffic service is a bit of a joke. Covers only interstates and unless I travel, I know when traffic sucks around here.

rated:
I just called the 1-866-568-0364 and stated I wanted to cancel, got transferred to 1-866-539-7474. Was offered $103.81/year. Told her that was still to high and she finally gave me $26.97/5 months...

rated:
acroloreo said:   I spent 29 minutes on the phone to a guy in India...or??? he had a very strong accent and had trouble understanding him. As far as I'm concerned I think I got screwed. long story short. Only knew of the 6 month charge of 102.00 on my Discover bill when it came. No notice via email from XM that it was coming up. I thought the last time I renewed it was for the FULL year. SO I call to cancel and he talks me into Music only...(No sports etc) for 130.00 for the FULL year. I told them to send me a confirmation email so I have the proof. No confirmation email so how do I know this even happened? A-holes. I will discontinue XM after June 2013 before they hit me with a new bill. I wish there was competition...they sure have the monopoly. Not right!

I would hardly call it a monopoly. You have freedom to choose terrestrial radio, including HD radio, Pandora on your smart phone (many new radios come standard with Pandora interface), downloads, roll down your window, there seems to be always someone in the vicinity who has a really loud radio and you can listen to it for free... choices are unlimited.

rated:
Still waiting to see the confirmation email from XM that they changed my plan. I did get an email from them asking me to do a survey...I told them exactly how dissatisfied I was...now I wait for them to call me to straighten it out...I gave them my landline work number. Not sitting on my cell for another 29 minutes!

rated:
OK, So I could get the 5mo for $27.44 or 12 full months for $94.43 total. Opted for that so I don't have to think about it for another year. Also told me to go online and remove my credit card number after the refund is processed from billing me for $167.00.
Needed to talk to three different people. No wonder the fees are so high, to have three people do the job of one.

rated:
acroloreo said:   I spent 29 minutes on the phone to a guy in India...or??? he had a very strong accent and had trouble understanding him. As far as I'm concerned I think I got screwed. long story short. Only knew of the 6 month charge of 102.00 on my Discover bill when it came. No notice via email from XM that it was coming up. I thought the last time I renewed it was for the FULL year. SO I call to cancel and he talks me into Music only...(No sports etc) for 130.00 for the FULL year. I told them to send me a confirmation email so I have the proof. No confirmation email so how do I know this even happened? A-holes. I will discontinue XM after June 2013 before they hit me with a new bill. I wish there was competition...they sure have the monopoly. Not right!

Call this number 1-866-568-0364 and (politely and nicely) tell them that $130 is still very expensive and tell them "your friend" got 6 months for $25 and ask them if that plan is available. They will likely give it to you. You were talking to their sales agents before. This phone number is a direct line to their Retention department (although they won't confirm that to callers). They are the ones authorized to offer the really cheap deals.

They will probably credit your card for the difference. Confirm what email address they have for you. If you didn't receive a confirmation, they probably have made a mistake with the spelling or something. They always mess my email address up.

They can also set up your account (for free) so you can access it from the web. Don't renew your subscription through their website (only expensive plans are offered), but logging into their website is an easy way to make sure that your plan was updated the way you expected, and you can also see what date your current plan expires. That way you don't have to depend on getting that emailed confirmation.

Edit: They might offer you $25 plus tax and fees for 5 months instead of 6 months - it just depends. I figure it's a good deal for either, so if the deal is "close enough" I'd take it.

rated:

rated:
I'm in the category of those who were auto-renewed with NO warning. I diligently check my mail every day and did NOT receive anything from SiriusXM concerning the pending renewal.

In spite of the auto-renewal having already occurred last week, I called and got the charge knocked down to $86 + tax for one year. They were going to charge the royalty fee, but just like I was advised to do last year, I asked for it to be waived which the CSR was able to do.

rated:
Thanks for the info. I got a nastygram from SiriusXM telling me to pay $173.18, even though I didn't get an original invoice saying my service was about to renew. Last year was my first full year with XM - I got the $77/year deal after my 3 month trial ended.

I called 866-635-5020 and chose the cancel option. After the initial yada - this is $100 more than I paid last year and such, he quickly said we can do better. The customer service guy offered $86/year (with fees, it was $96). I asked if they had anything for a shorter term. "Sure" - but it was the same $86/year, just cut in half. "That's about all we can offer." So I said ok, I need to check with the Mrs and see if she wanted to pay that much for it. "Well, one sec, let me crunch some more numbers here and see what else we can do...oh, ok, another one popped up...". $24.99/5 months, total is $27.44. Sold.

After we went through the charges, he said that I could call back and cancel again to get a better deal. I wonder how many people just pay the full price?

Many thanks!

rated:
You posted a link in August for an offer that ended on June 30th!

rated:
I just got new 6 mo. special, $25 with tax, 27.49 SOLD! Call 1-866-539-7474, that is Customer Care

rated:
Called 866-539-7474 and got the $25 6 month renewal, no effort, took 10 minutes

rated:
Just called 866-431-7474 and spoke with a really nice lady. Said that my renewal should be coming up soon and that a friend of mine received a 6-month for 25 deal and I was wondering if I also could renew at that price. She asked I would like to just renew my year for my previous price ($77) so I wouldn't have to worry about calling back in 6 months and I said that at this time, I would just prefer 6 months as I don't really listen to it all that often anymore, but didn't want to cancel.

She set me up at 6months for 25 (expiring Feb 14th 2013) and even asked if I would like her to remove my credit card from the auto-renew so it wouldn't automatically charge me full price and instead send me a "reminder" card.

Very enjoyable experience. Took less than 5 minutes.

I even logged into their site and see that she removed my card and the 6-month promotional is on my account.

P.S. 866-539-7474 appears to be for Dish network when I call them? I even just received a call back from them asking if all of my questions were answered because I had hung up before speaking with anyone?

rated:
They gave me 6 months for $33 including internet. Just be willing to cancel.

rated:
Just called 866-431-7474 and spoke with a really nice gentleman. I didn't have any XM radio but had NavTraffic due to renew in a couple months. Canceled my NavTraffic and gave me my remaining credit to use towards the 6 months for $25 deal. Paid total of $22.48 after everything. Even took my CC off my account and would mail me an invoice. He said after the 6 month promo, the rest of the year would be $95, but I could call and cancel. Easy and painless. Thanks FW!

rated:
Used 866-431-7474

We had a subscription that expired in April. Used the "my friend got such n such" trick. I wanted radio + Internet but the best they could do was $50 for 6 months. Settled on just radio, 6 months for $28 out the door. 13 minutes later, I'm paid and my radio is updated! Quick & easy. Thanks!

rated:
Hey, I've been out of commission for five years, what's been going on with them prices ?

rated:
Is anyone still trying to get the internet radio added for free on the $86 plan (used to be $77)? I was able to get it about half a year ago after some slight arm twisting but don't see much mention of people asking/getting it lately.

rated:
I got it for $100 plus I added a year of streaming at the end of July. Total with tax came out to approximately $152.00.

rated:
ww4397 said:   Is anyone still trying to get the internet radio added for free on the $86 plan (used to be $77)? I was able to get it about half a year ago after some slight arm twisting but don't see much mention of people asking/getting it lately.
I got it today! $86+tax = $105 for 12 months. Done in 5 minutes. Just followed the procedure above and the nice lady at XM did the rest.

Thank you XM Radio.

rated:
Called to cancel because my subscription expired a few weeks ago (oops). Said straight out that I needed to cancel because I couldn't afford it any longer. The rep immediately asked if I would be interested in a year at half price. I asked how much that would be, rep said $86, then said there was a six month option also available. Took a few seconds, then said I could have six mos for $30.25 and would be good til the 1st of March. Sending an invoice, and told me to call back before the subscription is up to get another deal! Gotta love it

rated:
It took me less than 5 minutes with an immediate answer on (800)682-4144 to get the 6mo for 24.99+tax. Came to $31 something. Thanks for the information guys!

rated:
Called for 5 months for $25, total with tax was $31.25. I've had XM for about 6 1/2 years and never paid more than half the regular price. Sometimes get the shorter subscriptions like this to save even more. Thank goodness for smart phones that remind you to call for a new deal

rated:
re activate

rated:
Called 866-635-2349 the day before my subscription was up. Told the guy money was tight and I needed to cancel. He looked up my account and saw that I was on the 50% off promotion (have been since 2007) and offered it to me for another year at the same rate instead of the $14.99 that was on my new bill. Adds up to $92.20 for the year, but I won't have to worry about it until next September so it is very worth it. He was very nice and it only took 5 minutes tops. I will offer the same hint as someone previously, if you spend the extra $2 for them to invoice you and pay by check they can't automatically charge your credit card when it comes time to renew.

rated:
brianwood said:   It took me less than 5 minutes with an immediate answer on (800)682-4144 to get the 6mo for 24.99+tax. Came to $31 something. Thanks for the information guys!

They're so contradictory! I guess it depends on who answers the phone when you call. I called to cancel my yearly subscription, hoping I would then be offered the same $77/yr. deal as I've gotten the past four years. The guy quoted me a price of $179/yr. at which I just laughed, telling him I get my music for free with Pandora, itunes, etc. and while I'd pay $77, I wouldn't pay more. He said he could then "close my account if I'd like" Then I asked for the $25/6 mos. deal and he said the promotion was no longer available. This was on August 24, yet the most recent post states he got the deal on a later date. When I told him to just cancel my subscription that I was just sick and tired of this pricing game with different prices given to different people, he asked me to hold on and then, like I thought he would, he said the $77/yr. would be ok but I'd have to pay the "royalty fees", etc. I said nope, just cancel. Got my renewal for the $77/yr. It's ridiculous the game we all have to play. Why not just get "serious" and make it $77/yr. period?

Love having xmserius, though.

rated:
my one year trial just ended... called to try and get the 77/year or 25/6 month deal, and a nice foreign person trying to not sound foreign really tried to get me on the $86/year plan, then I went pointed out right on the sirius web site that they have a $25 for 6 month deal... and he finally gave me that. I just have to remember to call or cancel before the 6 months is up, as you have to sign up for the recurring plan type thing to get this deal.

rated:
Just called to cancel/renew the 25/6 month deal. Told them I would like to repeat the promotion I had for the past 6 months or I would like to cancel. They agreed to renew the plan! Thanks.

rated:
Has anyone had success renewing using the chat feature online! What price!

rated:
Cwrkr said:   Has anyone had success renewing using the chat feature online! What price!

I very much doubt you will have success because the people who are at their end doing the chat are most likely not authorized to offer the really cheap prices. They are most likely just regular sales reps.

rated:
Gooddealie, you said "most likely" twice. If you don't know, you don't know.

rated:
Called 1-866-434-7429 they could not give me the $77 I paid last time. Told the guy I needed to cancel and he transferred me to cancellations and said you can ask them for some kind of deal.Took all of couple of secs it seems and got a rep. The $77 dollar one was now going to be $101. Told him no and that my neighbor got the 6 months for $25..He said they have that. Took that and with the taxes it was $31.05.. he also took off my credit card and they would send invoice for me to pay it. Went online and low and behold it was all there. I called in the evening EST. In March they would send out a reminder that it was ending and whatever was available then I could ask for.

rated:
Just got 6 months for $29.36 total for each of 2 cars $58.72 total.

rated:
was offered $86 + fees and taxes for a 1 year contract.

rated:
$25 for a 5 month renewal. after the threat of cancellation. Sure beats the $189 invoice I got in mail for renewal...

rated:
I want to get a new subscription. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get a deal on a new subscription?

rated:
Just purchased a pre-owned Toyota Sienna with XM built into the factory navigation. Called to try to get a new subscription for $25/6 months and was denied due to my radio ID not being eligible. I was offered $43/6 months or $94/Year. I took the $43 just to get it started. Hopefully the $25/6 month will be around when my renewal is up in March.

rated:
gooddealie said:   acroloreo said:   I spent 29 minutes on the phone to a guy in India...or??? he had a very strong accent and had trouble understanding him. As far as I'm concerned I think I got screwed. long story short. Only knew of the 6 month charge of 102.00 on my Discover bill when it came. No notice via email from XM that it was coming up. I thought the last time I renewed it was for the FULL year. SO I call to cancel and he talks me into Music only...(No sports etc) for 130.00 for the FULL year. I told them to send me a confirmation email so I have the proof. No confirmation email so how do I know this even happened? A-holes. I will discontinue XM after June 2013 before they hit me with a new bill. I wish there was competition...they sure have the monopoly. Not right!

"Call this number 1-866-568-0364 and (politely and nicely) tell them that $130 is still very expensive and tell them "your friend" got 6 months for $25 and ask them if that plan is available. They will likely give it to you. You were talking to their sales agents before. This phone number is a direct line to their Retention department (although they won't confirm that to callers). They are the ones authorized to offer the really cheap deal"

Great Tip! Called 866-568-0364 - "My new car trial subscription was ending. Called and said wanted to see what was out there I know you offer some deals" Immediately was offered $25 plus tax and fees for 6 months. Total $27.44. Was off the phone in less than 5 minutes, operator could not have been any nicer! Thank you.

rated:
Just got my half off deal for the 5th consecutive year. It's getting tougher but still doable. Called the number above initially but was immediately blown off, transferred back to regular customer care (USA) who then transferred me to retention. 5 minutes there and it was taken care of no problem.

rated:
MisterEd said:   ISGall said:   Be careful with letting your cards expire. SiriusXM will still bill you and your account WILL be put into collections if they are unable to collect. 100% NOT true. I've gone through that at least 4 or 5 times. They went to charge me for the next years renewal and they can't. They will simply turn off your service if they can't collect your next years fee (or your next month's fee if you are on monthly). Now if they are giving you free equipment based on x number of months contract (not sure if they do subsidies) and you stop paying, or if you give them a bad check for services you already have received that is another story but if the equipment is your own there is absolutely nothing they do other than shut you off and I have been with them since they sold the first XM radio (with a few "pauses" between expiration dates where my card expired - on purpose).
ISGall is correct. It can happen. It happened to me.

MisterEd: You shouldn't mislead people. You are wrong.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 190 91 929394100
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014