• filter:
  • 12 3 45102
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
well if you think about it this way...you got 3 months for free...or 30 dollars extra. 99-30 is 70. The year sub is 64 with taxes...so you about got the same deal as the rest of us.

rated:
steveme said: well if you think about it this way...you got 3 months for free...or 30 dollars extra. 99-30 is 70. The year sub is 64 with taxes...so you about got the same deal as the rest of us.

Um don't you mean 120-30? 12 months x $10/mo

rated:
geldrop said: why in g-d's name would you want to hear the spartans coke addict for a qrtr back throw an interception, when you can listen to the WOLVERINES??

So I can listen to Tom Brady take over the NFL AGAIN.

rated:
Does anyway have a copy of the website advertising this special? Has anyone received this on an XM PCR?

THanks,

Evan

rated:
my car has XM equipment but the car is sitting in the garage most of time. $60 and ill start work on the car today. lol

rated:
kantonburg said: steveme said: well if you think about it this way...you got 3 months for free...or 30 dollars extra. 99-30 is 70. The year sub is 64 with taxes...so you about got the same deal as the rest of us.

Um don't you mean 120-30? 12 months x $10/mo

yea your right...public education degree. I not sure what I was thinking.

rated:
WOW! 10-12-04, I just called the 800-XM-RADIO number and stated that I wanted to sign up for the 'one year for $60 promotion'. Operator said she had to transfer me to another department. My words to the 2nd rep were intended to be specific to hopefully move forward... I said "I was transfered to you to sign up for the one year for $60 promotion". To my delight, he said ok, and we proceeded. The only question he asked was how I heard about the promotion and I told him it was via a mailing (as I read in these posts). I was afraid he would ask what the mailing said, but he didn't, even though I was fumbling through telling him I was not at home and didn't have it with me. Not only did I get this amazing price, but the promotion includes something unexpected; NO ACTIVATION FEE. Wahoo!

rated:
Yeah I think XM is willing to deal more now than ever in order to get subscribers so their numbers look better in the short term, especially with Stern going to Sirius and the boost that will bring to Sirius.

It's a buyers' market for XM subscribers these days, and the equivalent of $5/month for a year is definitely hot. Thanks again OP for the deal.

rated:
ChapelHill101 said: WOW! 10-12-04, I just called the 800-XM-RADIO number and stated that I wanted to sign up for the 'one year for $60 promotion'. Operator said she had to transfer me to another department. My words to the 2nd rep were intended to be specific to hopefully move forward... I said "I was transfered to you to sign up for the one year for $60 promotion". To my delight, he said ok, and we proceeded. The only question he asked was how I heard about the promotion and I told him it was via a mailing (as I read in these posts). I was afraid he would ask what the mailing said, but he didn't, even though I was fumbling through telling him I was not at home and didn't have it with me. Not only did I get this amazing price, but the promotion includes something unexpected; NO ACTIVATION FEE. Wahoo!

What type of unit did you activate? Seems like they only allow 'Certain GM Vehicles' that were offered a free trial and never activated the service to get the offer.

rated:
I just called 8:45pm 10-12-04 and asked for the $60/1 year promo that I had gotten a postcard about. She put me on hold for one minute and came back and asked "what did you say the promotion was called"... I said I don't have the card in front of me but is was "win something" or "buy something" and offered one year for $60 if you pre-paid. She said "Oh, now I know where we're at...hold just a moment while I get you signed up". She asked for my account number (which I had no clue about) so I gave her my home phone and I'm set! The whole thing took about 3 minutes and saved me $60! I have the Delphi portable system that wasn't pre-installed. I use it at the house, at my office, in my boat and in my car...all for one subscription fee.

Now...if I could just find a good deal on the boombox (w/o having to purchase and activate another reciever) I'd be in great shape for my beach trip next month!

Thanks for the deal!

rated:
lowmazda said: ChapelHill101 said: WOW! 10-12-04, I just called the 800-XM-RADIO number and stated that I wanted to sign up for the 'one year for $60 promotion'. Operator said she had to transfer me to another department. My words to the 2nd rep were intended to be specific to hopefully move forward... I said "I was transfered to you to sign up for the one year for $60 promotion". To my delight, he said ok, and we proceeded. The only question he asked was how I heard about the promotion and I told him it was via a mailing (as I read in these posts). I was afraid he would ask what the mailing said, but he didn't, even though I was fumbling through telling him I was not at home and didn't have it with me. Not only did I get this amazing price, but the promotion includes something unexpected; NO ACTIVATION FEE. Wahoo!

What type of unit did you activate? Seems like they only allow 'Certain GM Vehicles' that were offered a free trial and never activated the service to get the offer.

actualy the promo was for any make of car with pre-installed xm, i got the post card bout 4days after i did the deal from this thread for my acura TL, but as you can see from the post above this one, non pre installed sytems have been getting in on this deal

rated:
The guy didn't ask me what type of equipment I had, only for the ID # for my unit. Mine is the Roady-2.

rated:
blankblank said:
actualy the promo was for any make of car with pre-installed xm, i got the post card bout 4days after i did the deal from this thread for my acura TL, but as you can see from the post above this one, non pre installed sytems have been getting in on this deal

Ya. I figured that but when I called 2x I was shot down by different reps. Wierd.

EDIT: Called again after I posted this. Told the rep I wanted to activate my radio on the $60 for 1 year plan, she must have misunderstood me, she took all of my info down and then asked what plan I wanted. I told her that I wanted the 1 year for $60. She said OK, asked me if I wanted their new premium channel called: Opie & Anthony (YES, I lived in NY and listened to them faithfully) and refused the Playboy Chan. She confirmed I was signed up for the $60/1yr promo and I would be billed monthly for the O&A. Sweet deal.

rated:
woohoo.. did the deal - took all of 2 minutes(including on hold time).

I bought an 04 Chevy last month so I'm still on the 3 month trial period. He looked up my phone # and said no problem. He would extend my service past the trial for another 12 months for $60.

thanks OP.

rated:
I'm in , thanks OP .

rated:
IN~
that was easy

rated:
got the deal no problem by calling in. Had a previous month to month subscription on a factory installed Honda XM radio.

rated:
10.13.04... just got off the phone with the reps and had no problems signing up. great deal at $60/year.

rated:
Thanks OP! Had no problem activating 2 roady's for the promo.

rated:
Just signed up!!!

Thanks OP!

Edit: Sony pnp unit.

rated:
brotherhpj said: Took 5min with a very nice CSR to complete the deal. Why would XM do this as I have
auto-billing on my CC for the $9.99!! Great deal OP!! If you got shot down on this deal
call again. A month ago I emailed XM that if they signed Stern I'd cancel...Stern puts down
all the good things in life and is bad for our minds...fithly!!

And who are you to say what is bad for "OUR MINDS"??

I am sure that XM didn't sign Howy because of your e-mail....I know they want to be "good for your mind".

But really, I bet that XM has some HUGE deals closer to when Stern actually moves over, if he even does move over.

rated:
woo hoo , got in on the 60 bucks for a year.

thought i missed out, but guys that tired it again gave me new hope, very easy deal. and saving 50% is great.

rated:
just got in on it too! I signed up for regular service about a week ago...and now called up to change it to the deal. I have a roady2.

He said you have a pre-installed unit, right?

I gave a muffled uh hu

Pretty easy!

rated:
It looks like they are catching on to this deal. I talked to two seperate reps and they asked me for the radio id's for each of my units. They even looked them up in the system and told me that none of my units qualify for the promotion because they are the Roady's. They have been told that they MUST match the radio ID to a GM factory unit. The last rep told me that they had a meeting today to discuss this exact promotion. I guess over the last few days, their system has been rejecting the price plan for non-factory installed units and people are now getting charged the full yearly rate. She said that it is a GM promotion and GM picks up the cost for the half year subscription. It was worth a try...

rated:
i think this deal will come and go, i own a gm car, but not that came with xm, don't know if that helped,at 1st the guy was going to put me on a trail plan for 7 bucks a month. and i'm like nope i'd like the one year.

i think call volume has alot to do with getting it.

once this thread and similar ones die down, u might be able to get the deal again

rated:
I had just paid for 3 months of service when I called for this deal. She told me that she signed me up and that they would charge me the $60 once my 3 month period (regular price) was up. I hope they honor that since now it sounds like they've caught-on...

rated:
Jsut got in on the deal - thx OP!

rated:
I did this today after by 90 trial ended. I spoke to the rep and although she did not give me too much, she essentially said if you have a fixed car radio just ask for the deal. She gave me no porblems either, I said I have a radio that came with my car, she immediately said 60 bucks. I also added the xm online and Opie and Anthony which brings my monthy to $10. XM online is very nice too, for $4 it beats any other net radio I have found.

rated:
I actived my xm radio last sunday for $60/year. OHHHHH YAAA.... I thought the promotion already expired. I sent the email to XM custmor support center on october for 60 bucks promotion, i got the replied it said the offer was expired on August. Last sunday i called 1-800-845-3072 (xm radio) asking for the promotion still available, the rep said oh, you are talking that promotion. hold on let me transfer to the promotion department. then she transfer me to the promotion department. then the phone ring two or three times the guy picking up the phone i asked the same question for the $60 promtion still available. He said "yes, that promotion still on. he ask me where did you hear about the promotion from email or regular mail. i said i got from the mail but i lost the mail. he said: oh! ok, let me setup a account for you, he ask my address...payment method. " that's all. Call them up it save you almost $40 per year (regular $99.95) if you like to hear the XM radio.

rated:
Is this still active? I'd love to sign up.

rated:
you can get a free reciever and home system from sirius with a one year subscription.

Fatwallet Link

rated:
JigabooJesus said: you can get a free reciever and home system from sirius with a one year subscription.

Fatwallet Link

But XM is bettaH

rated:
I just tried activating my Pioneer radio with the $60/yr plan ~ no luck. I talked to two separate representatives. The first time the person who answered just flat out told me no once he ran the ID Code. The second time I was transferred to the promotions department and she ran the number and could not find it in their database. Has anyone had any luck recently?

Thanks…

rated:
jeremyg5 said:
But XM is bettaH

Why? Dont you have to pay for the premium channels and the web access? With sirius its all included. I am currently undecided as to which one to choose.

rated:
Thanks OP! Still good, just called and got 50% pricing for a year!

rated:
Who are you guys calling? I'm getting shot down each time. I tried the number 1-800-321-7117 and the 1-800-XMRADIO number and got shot down 4 times. They said my Radio ID is ineligible for this and that this promotion is only for GM/Honda cars. No go here for an existing member.

rated:
I just called...cha ching! $60/year! I called 1-800-321-7117 the CSR asked how she could help me. I asked her if the $60/year promotion was still going on, she asked if I had a GM/Honda vehicle...I said yes. She asked if it was a 04 or 05. I said 2004. She asked if I got a letter in the mail about this promotion, I said yes but I didn't have it with me. She asked for my Radio ID, I said I didnt know it off hand, asked if she could look it up. I have been with XM about 4 years, and she didn't have a problem signing me up with this account. I asked her when I would be billed...after this billing cycle was over I hope...she answered with 'oh, you know how this works!'

Pleasant experience. I don't have a GM/Honda...My vehicle is a 2000...I didn't get a letter. Just a quick lesson in Social Engineering!

rated:
At this point, YMMV - definately! I have been shot down twice. As soon as the reps looked at the ID for my SkyFi2, they each told me that I don't qualify. Sigh!

rated:
Anyone lately had luck with this? This may come in handy for Tuesday's AMEX portable XM device.

rated:
Wow, great info. This helped so much, that I finally stopped lurking and signed up to thank everyone. I actually got free activation and 3 months free. I may try back for the 60 deal. Great to be here, BBT

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 12 3 45102
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014