• filter:
  • 1 2345102
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Update 10/3/2006

XM/Sirius is running a special that will give you 1 year of XM at 77 dollars, that works out to be half off.

Link

Use the number 800-682-4114. This can be used for existing and new customers from what it seems. I have done this deal 3 times now, just call in saying I am going to cancel(mention I love but it costs to much). Within a min I am offered the deal again. Good Luck all.

Member Summary

Sirius Radio (94.52kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
"Renewed" 5 month XM Select plan for $24.99 plus $3.12 for a total of $28.11.

Btw, had to turn down two other offers firs... (more)

ww4397 (Dec. 24, 2014 @ 9:38a) |

Called 866-635-2349 - no hold time to get to a rep once I said 'cancel'.

Talked to Maria - Said wanted to cancel as price... (more)

szymon (Dec. 26, 2014 @ 10:56a) |

Done. 9:06. Next time I'll shoot for under 9 minutes.

troywellbuilt (Dec. 27, 2014 @ 9:26a) |

Here is a scan of the flyer (shamelessly stolen of course) for the $77/yr promo.

Side One

Side Two

DON'T call the number on the flyer, call 800-682-4114.

XM Radio coupons and offers consolidated here:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=24&threadid=563680

Call 1-800-967-2346, menu system will answer, speak ZIP code associated with your billing address, speak "cancel" when it starts to list menu options, speak "cancel subscription" to get to Retentions Department.
Will be transferred to CSR at which time you should request to have radio switched over to $77/year deal.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
nice find

rated:
I just called and they told me my account wasn't elgible for it

rated:
Someone fit me in here... half of the forum is talking about FAR, another half is paying for radio.

Interesting.

rated:
Is this only for existing members or new members as well? I plan to install my xm next week and would jump on this deal if it was also for new members. Thanks OP.

rated:
It came standard in my car, and trial subscription just expired a couple days ago, so it might be for new members only...

rated:
trackxyj said: Someone fit me in here... half of the forum is talking about FAR, another half is paying for radio.

Interesting.

XM is clear channel. Clear channel is a radio station monopoly. They are responsible for the crappy playlists you hear , takeing Sten off of the air, and filling up your radio time with crappy ads.

In some states, their playlist, hasn't changed in over 5 years. Now they want to charge people to listen to decent radio, because the screwed up normal radio.

So go with Sirrus. Please.

rated:
I just got some details on the phone with XM:

This promotion was only issued to members who purchased cars with a dealer-factory-installed XM system. If your car does not have this feature, then it throws up a big red flag when you try to add this promotion to your account.

Also, if you got the Roady for $50 promotion this year, don't even bother calling.
UPDATE: I actually was able to get this deal with my $50 promotion after a little f'nagling with the rep. Thanks all for the motivation.

Hope this saves y'all some time. Post a reply if you manage to somehow finagle (sp?) the deal anyway.

-FB

rated:
Thanks OP! I'm in

I did buy a new car and my trial period ends September 18. The phone rep set me up for the new deal. He did say they were getting lots of calls because the deal was posted on the XM website, but it is intended for trial subscriptions that are expiring soon.

rated:
Thanks OP! Our trial ends 9/7 so this is perfect timing.

rated:
Tunaktun said: trackxyj said: Someone fit me in here... half of the forum is talking about FAR, another half is paying for radio.

Interesting.

XM is clear channel. Clear channel is a radio station monopoly. They are responsible for the crappy playlists you hear , takeing Sten off of the air, and filling up your radio time with crappy ads.

In some states, their playlist, hasn't changed in over 5 years. Now they want to charge people to listen to decent radio, because the screwed up normal radio.

XM is NOT clear channel.

"XM Satellite Radio Inc. is owned by American Mobile Satellite Corporation (NASDAQ:SKYC) and WorldSpace, Inc. Formerly called American Mobile Radio Corporation, the company obtained a satellite digital audio radio service (SDARS) licenses from the FCC in October 1997. In March 1998, XM awarded a contract to Hughes Space & Communications International and Alcatel to build two high-powered, direct-broadcast satellites."

I think GM either has a large part in the company or use to own it and spun it off.

rated:
Wow it only took 7 post for this crap to start up. If you want Sirrus buy it. Since I have XM I don't really give a daaaaamn about "crappy playlists you hear , takeing Sten off of the air, and filling up your radio time with crappy ads." None of this applies to XM. Clear channel owns a small percentage of XM. I have had XM for 2 years and love it. Could care less about any axe you have to grind with Clear Channel.

Tunaktun said: trackxyj said: Someone fit me in here... half of the forum is talking about FAR, another half is paying for radio.

Interesting.

rated:
Tunaktun said: XM is clear channel. Clear channel is a radio station monopoly. They are responsible for the crappy playlists you hear , takeing Sten off of the air, and filling up your radio time with crappy ads.I assume you meant Stern...isn't that a paradox? Taking Stern off the air while creating crappy playlists at the same time? By taking Stern off the air, doesn't that automatically make the playlists at least a little less crappy? lol

rated:
don'tcha just love the trolls who come out of the woodwork and spout misinformation?

Tunaktun, if you can point to any current financial records that show any significant stake in XM by clearchannel, please do so. if not, take your tripe elsewhere.

Clearchannel *used* to be a relatively *small* stake (my recollection is it was in the 5-7% range) in XM. they divested themselves of what little they had last fall. they had *no* board members and *no* controlling stake and *no* influence of any significance. GM was--and is--the largest individual shareholder.

*sigh*

pick which service you like based on what you think of the service. their channel lineups, their equipment, their prices. don't listen to uninformed trolls spouting something they read on a conspiracy page.

both services are great products. both bring fresh blood and a reemergence of *music* as the primary focus of their offerings. neither has commercials played on their music channels. and it behooves us all that both services survive and remain strong, because competition is what drives innovation and customer service.

*smacks the Tunaktun's of the world upside the head*

rated:
Thanks to OP! I'm In for $60.

Just called XM. The promotion is called the "Win Back Promotion" for folks who has purchased a vehicle with a 3-month trial of XM Radio which is about to expire.

rated:
I am current subscriber with XM and I have a Delphi SkyFi. I just called in and said I saw the promotion on their website and they changed my subscription to it without so much as a whisper of eligibility requirements. And I have been a paying customer for about 6 months now. Good luck all!

By the way... I hate Clear Channel Radio stations, but I love XM. It is worth the money to me. It is better than paying more for Sirius...

rated:
I got in! As the OP suggested, I called and stated I got a card in the mail and asked if I was elligable for the promo. As first he knew I had the XM commander unit in my car, but I told him the BMW aslo had the pre wired XM unit, and I just went with the XM Commander anyways. He's like 'whatever' and gave me the promo.

Thanks OP!

rated:
Yeah, I am borrowing someone's car which has an XM receiver. THe few hours I have listen so far has really impressed me.

A lot of great cuts you just do not hear played on FM.

rated:
Customer service wanted to know where exactly I seen this on their webpage, I told them it was a little while ago. They told me it was for GM installed vehicles only, but she would check. She told me no go....

=((

rated:
AhzRoeland said: Customer service wanted to know where exactly I seen this on their webpage, I told them it was a little while ago. They told me it was for GM installed vehicles only, but she would check. She told me no go....

=((

Just try again. Seems some CSR's will give it out no matter

rated:
Nice way to put the question. I wouldn't have done better.

trackxyj said: Someone fit me in here... half of the forum is talking about FAR, another half is paying for radio.

Interesting.

rated:
XM came with our '04 Accord last December (infinite kudos to carbuyingtips.com). They've since only gotten better, for instance making all music channels commercial-free(!). I can even listen to CSPAN when I'm feeling political. So I'm in for the $60 in a heartbeat! Thanks OP!

BTW, if you're considering XM you can listen live on their website (EDIT: not live, but tape loops... my bad ).

I've heard Sirrius is far more at risk of losing broadcast hours if a satellite dies. Can anyone confirm this?

rated:
Sirius has the live online streams feature, and I miss it a lot

rated:

rated:
OMG, I am on the phone with them now. Rep asked me if I have the promotion, told them I left it at home. Trying to give hints of where to look for the promotion “new car with XM installed”. Also mention the "Win Back Promotion". The rep is still searching and I am on hold.

UPDATE:

The rep gave me the discount, even thought she wasn't aware of the promotion.

My free 3 months ended in July and I renewed quarterly. My next renewal is in October 2004. They couldn't pro-rate it with my last payment. So when October rolls around, I will be billed 59.94 for one year.

She did mention, that they received alot of phone calls about this. I'll hold me breath until October to see if the promotion was applied.

rated:
My new Chevy Suburban service was scheduled to expire on 11/29/04. I had already renewed at $120 on 8/18/04. One quick call and the csr changed it to $64.05 tax included that will be billed to my CC on 11/29/04. I told her that I saw the promo on their website this morning and now it is gone. She said she was familiar with the deal and took care of everything. Thanks OP for this one.

rated:
I just called and got signed up for the deal no questions asked! Thanks OP!

rated:
I too just called and got signed up for the deal with no questions asked! Thanks OP! That was the easiest $60 bucks saved ever!

rated:
I called and the rep put me on hold for 5 minutes then hung up on me.

rated:
I am a long-time XM subscriber with a SkyFi.

My first attempt I called and said I saw the "Win Back Promotion" offer on the web. A very unfriedly sounding CSR put me on hold twice, said she was looking for the offer on the web, couldn't find the page, asked me a bunch of questions. No success.

Second attempt. I said I had gotten a card in the mail with an offer of $60 for a year of service. Didn't say "Win Back". No problem. Ultra-friendly CSR had me set up in 1 minute.

Many thanks to OP and egorss78 for saving me $60. I like my XM.

rated:
I didn't mention Win Back - I just said I wanted the $60/yr promotion I saw on the website.

rated:
FW effect must be taking over...I've been on hold for about 6 minutes now...it'll be well worth it if I can get this deal...this is SMOKING HOT!!

rated:
I'm in with no problem...I told the guy I saw it on the website...he asked where, I said I don't remember where it was...I told him it was called drive back, or win back or something like that...and he said I can take care of that for you right away!!

THANKS OP!!!! SUPER ULTRA MEGA LINDSAY LOHAN HOT!!

rated:
I've got you beat, 9 min and counting!!

rated:
I just installed an 'XM ready' deck in my car. Is it true I also need to install a tuner box and an antennae in order to make XM work? Thanks for any insight.

rated:
that is correct...you may want to check out www.xmfan.com to get more tech and install info...this isn't really the place to have that discussion.

rated:
happyday said: I just installed an 'XM ready' deck in my car. Is it true I also need to install a tuner box and an antennae in order to make XM work? Thanks for any insight.

Yes you do.

rated:
After waiting on hold for too long ...
got the promotion, no questions asked. I simply said I wanted to take advantage of "the promotion."

rated:
I got in on this finally after getting the run around from the rep.

Skipping 4032 Messages...
rated:
Done. 9:06. Next time I'll shoot for under 9 minutes.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1 2345102
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014