• 1 23458
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Searched but did not find anything posted.

Office max has Western Digital 120GB Hard drive External Firewire/USB 2.0 Combo for $69
or
$69 -30 MIR(YMMV) = 39.99AR in instore flyer. Item number 2073-1905. Model number WD1200B006.

sorry the hosted flyer is not working anymore.


Possible rebate Text

As always YMMV because of instore flyers in different states. If needed, i can scan the flyer and post it somewhere. **sorry i have scanned the flyer but having trouble loading on geocities. If anyone wants to host it, i can send it to you.**

Things to make sure about this deal:

* I had to go to three different stores because managers don't check the item number to make sure that item is in stock or not. All they see is USB 2.0, not the firewire/USB combo. If u call to check, make sure the it is combo or it will be a wasted trip.

* Had one store manager check inventory of all the stores in the city so maybe you can have them try it rather then going all over the town. I only bought one so others can benefit from this deal.


Also in the flyer TI83+ for 79.99 after $10 MIR
Kodak DX4530 249.99
Panasonic 2.4GHZ Expandable Phone and Answering system $49 After $20MIR

I got a USB only HD $69 - $10 (10 off 50 in-store coupon) - $30 MIR register printed = $29 + tax on $59. It is very hot even without the coupon and MIR.

I tried to PM at CC the next door. Their price is $179. I was shut down. Down with CC!

Woodbury, Minnesota, zip code 55125.

I later went to Cottage Grove, MN 55033 and got a firewire/USB. No rebate printed though.

Also this is 9/5/04 one day only deal.


fw169 said: [Q]I got a USB only HD $69 - $10 (10 off 50 in-store coupon) - $30 MIR register printed = $29 + tax on $59. It is very hot even without the coupon and MIR.

I tried to PM at CC the next door. Their price is $179. I was shut down. Down with CC!

Which Store and what is the item number??

Please report your state/store if the deal is on locally. No go in N.California.<img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border=0>

gundamit said: [Q]Please report your state/store if the deal is on locally. No go in N.California.<img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border=0>


Sorry, Office Max in Midlothian Virginia. I will try to scan and put up the flyer as soon as possible.

fw169 said: [Q]I got a USB only HD $69 - $10 (10 off 50 in-store coupon) - $30 MIR register printed = $29 + tax on $59. It is very hot even without the coupon and MIR.

I tried to PM at CC the next door. Their price is $179. I was shut down. Down with CC!It is hot if you can tell where and when did you do it.

I got the last one at Braintree,MA store. for 69.99 - 10 instore coupon. No rebate printed though.

Just checked Ofiicemax rebate center & there is 30$ rebate for my model as OP mentioned(Order No# WDXC1200BBRNN) . So it's around 30$.

You beat me as there is a rebate for
WDXC1200BBRNN 120GB 7200RPM EXT at rebateshq.com for OfficeMax purchase. But is this the correct model number? the op has mentioned model Model number WD1200B006.

I am confused with those numbers.

As mentioned by OP, the model number is WD1200B006. However, there is an order number on the box, which is WDXC1200BBRNN. On OfficeMax rebate form, it only says "WDXC1200BBRNN 120GB 7200RPM EXT" and nothing about model number or order number.

Anyone may kindly give some insight? Thanks a lot.

(There is no rebate form printout when I brought it.)

got one in Michigan

Northerner said: [Q]I am confused with those numbers.

As mentioned by OP, the model number is WD1200B006. However, there is an order number on the box, which is WDXC1200BBRNN. On OfficeMax rebate form, it only says "WDXC1200BBRNN 120GB 7200RPM EXT" and nothing about model number or order number.

Anyone may kindly give some insight? Thanks a lot.

(There is no rebate form printout when I brought it.)If your box has got WDXC1200BBRNN as the model number you got the rebate!! enjoy!!

dang, lucky... the ones for miami, FL is the internal 120gb for $69.99 not hot at all...

So are we looking at a price mistake here? B/c the weekly ad for Omax in my area (TN) has the internal 120 GB for $69.99 AR and the external USB2 drive for $119.99 AR (no USB2/FW anywhere in ad). Or is there a totally different nationwide flyer distribued instore that has this low price listed for the external drive? Are the shelves marked with this price or is the item just ringing up this price?

I also noticed the rebate form on rebate HQ says WDXC1200BBRNN but does not says model or order number. My model number is WD1200B006-RNN but order number is WDXC1200BBRNN. I would not hesitate to submit it and make sure have copies of UPC's. It can be fixed by a call to rebate HQ arguing the facts that it is on UPC with the right info. Either way Hot deal.

victoras said: [Q]So are we looking at a price mistake here? B/c the weekly ad for Omax in my area (TN) has the internal 120 GB for $69.99 AR and the external USB2 drive for $119.99 AR (no USB2/FW anywhere in ad). Or is there a totally different nationwide flyer distribued instore that has this low price listed for the external drive? Are the shelves marked with this price or is the item just ringing up this price?Beside weekly flyer OM also puts special separate instore photocopied flyer sometimes irregularly. Most porbably it is in this flyer. The other regular weekly flyer has this for 119.0 but not sure is the same.

How can you guys receive the weekly flyers from these stores?

Thanks.

My georgia OfficeMax had the item, but the sales rep on the phone insisted that it was $149 (and it was ringing up at that price)

get the flyers from the OM local store

frodobaggins said: [Q]I also noticed the rebate form on rebate HQ says WDXC1200BBRNN but does not says model or order number. My model number is WD1200B006-RNN but order number is WDXC1200BBRNN. I would not hesitate to submit it and make sure have copies of UPC's. It can be fixed by a call to rebate HQ arguing the facts that it is on UPC with the right info. Either way Hot deal.

This should work - Product numbers and part numbers are different beasts. Download the product spec sheet here that lists both the model number and part numbers for the product (bottom of page 2), and even the UPC codes.

nice deal, too bad it's wd.

Not in Dothan, AL. Internal Drive here too. Not enough competition here I guess. <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0> Looks nice for those who can get it.


Off I go. <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif" border=0>


Oops, should be closed on east coast already. Will they open on labor day?

Thanks OP, Got the 1 and only available in the entire district, thought great deal @ $59 with $10 coupon, now you guys pointing to a $30 rebate making the final cost $29 (Just submitted the rebate) for a WD 120Gb firewire/USB 2 combo drive, Amazing deal.

On a side note this drive is 2mb cache one, where as Circuit City carries only 8mb cache one's and I didn't even try to do PM.

Can someone please send a copy of instore flyer to techfan@gmail.com ?

Thanks a lot

I did see the flyer in the store advertising this product.

But talked to the CSR, he said they never have this in stock today, actually in all the store in my area. It is a DISCONTINUED product.

Apparently one of the SNAFU when OMAX did not check stock before printing out IN-STORE Special.

I asked if I could get the 120 Gig USB drive as alternative and was declined.

Not that upset since I alreay have tons of hard drives (internal and external) from previous deals. Though $29 after rebate ( I have the Visa $10 of $75 coupon) is just too hot to bypass. <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>

Picked up 2 at my local OfficeMax. Great deal.
I hope the rebate works out

Was going to post this deal, but did a search and.. here I am <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>

Are these drives any slower then internals? These transfer rates are too confusing.

OOS Nashville.

Connnecting via Firewire will get you better results due to USB 2.0's overhead. I have a similar dual drive (with 8 MB cache) and it's about 20% faster using Firewire.

From another site:

Scan of In-Store Flyer PDF

Updated.

Got the last one in Charleston, SC. Thanks OP!

FWs around Graceland, the OM on Summer has plenty. I scored two.

The same flyer has the MicroAdvantage 64MB Quick/Flash Drive for $19.99. It also has a $10.00 that will print out at the register or you can find it here.
$9.99 AR

I'm confused. Why does the title say "possible 39.99AR YMMV" when I can't find anything written by the OP that says that?

-=MaStA ViC

My store had a flyer showing clearance items (with nothing very noteworthy). They had both the WD 80 and 120GB external drives on the shelves but they weren't on sale. Will check more stores tomorrow if they're open.

One warm deal I found was a Mad Dog combo drive (DVD/CDRW) for $59 with $40 in rebates which I used with a $10 off $50 coupon for $10 AR. No big deal but I needed a black combo drive.

120 gig USB drive, you are really humour
eminbi2000 said: [Q]I did see the flyer in the store advertising this product.

But talked to the CSR, he said they never have this in stock today, actually in all the store in my area. It is a DISCONTINUED product.

Apparently one of the SNAFU when OMAX did not check stock before printing out IN-STORE Special.

I asked if I could get the 120 Gig USB drive as alternative and was declined.

Not that upset since I alreay have tons of hard drives (internal and external) from previous deals. Though $29 after rebate ( I have the Visa $10 of $75 coupon) is just too hot to bypass. <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>

Did you checked all the stores?

brkak132 said: [Q]dang, lucky... the ones for miami, FL is the internal 120gb for $69.99 not hot at all...

Got the last one in my area. An open box. I'm sure the manager knew it was open box when I checked out. But he said nothing. The firewire cable is missing.

i got two of these up in novi michigan for 55.00 each hehe

there are some $15 off 50 coupons givin to teachers(OR PEOPLE WHO SAY THERE TEACHERS)
most of the time customers who make copies say they are teachers and ask for the 15% off
copy coupon which at the same time comes with the $15 off 50 coupon exp sept 15th

if you get a hold of those it will be 55.00-30.00=25.00AR

GO GET THEM!!!!

Skipping 246 Messages...
Got my one. Too bad I couldn't find any more drives at any of the local OMs.

Thanks OP.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014