• filter:
  • 123 4 5105
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

rated:
There are a number of products from STOMPSOFT listed in this thread. Here is my experience with their rebate.
It is more than two months and still the web site rebate status check shows no record of the rebate.
Looks like Stompsoft processes the rebates internally. However it is impossible to reach them. No one answers the phone number listed for customer service on their web site. You wil always end up on their phone messaging system. You can make any selection - but you will always end up in the message center.
It is very painful to follow up on rebates with them.

Just wanted to share my experience for anyone planning to purchase their products. If anyone knows a way to contact them, please share it here for everyone.

rated:

rated:
Elric428 said: New Freebie Alert!

Terk XMD1000 (TUNER) Universal XM Tuner

What exactly does this do? From what I can tell, you need additional equipment to receive XM radio.

rated:

rated:

rated:
LOTS of FAR software: Thread

rated:

rated:
I blew up the fine print on both rebates and both clearly state that they each require the original UPC code. But even worse, the $20 rebate states that redemption of this rebate request voids any on-box rebate. Therefore, I now suggest everyone steer clear of using both rebates at the same time.

NOVA ART EXPLOSION 300,000 pays you $10. Make $$$'s to help pay shipping for other freebies.

rated:
Elric428 said: NOVA ART EXPLOSION 300,000 pays you $10. Make $$$'s to help pay shipping for other freebies.

I noticed that the $10 rebate PDF is very blurry, at least for me. According to http://www.JR.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3973856#productTabRebates
the $10 rebate form should be in the box. Let's hope so.

rated:
Although it's hard to see clearly on the $10 rebate form, it appears that both rebates ask for the original UPC. Does anyone know for sure if that's the case? I'd like to buy this for -$10.00, but not if the rebates will be a big hassle.

rated:
I blew up the fine print on both rebates and both clearly state that they each require the original UPC code. But even worse, the $20 rebate states that redemption of this rebate request voids any on-box rebate. Therefore, I now suggest everyone steer clear of using both rebates at the same time.

roy7736 said: Although it's hard to see clearly on the $10 rebate form, it appears that both rebates ask for the original UPC. Does anyone know for sure if that's the case? I'd like to buy this for -$10.00, but not if the rebates will be a big hassle.

rated:
The Uniden phone is $50 now, unless OP knows of a new / older rebate form

rated:
Elric428 said: I blew up the fine print on both rebates and both clearly state that they each require the original UPC code. But even worse, the $20 rebate states that redemption of this rebate request voids any on-box rebate. Therefore, I now suggest everyone steer clear of using both rebates at the same time.

NOVA ART EXPLOSION 300,000 pays you $10. Make $$$'s to help pay shipping for other freebies.

Nova rebates will take 5-6 months minimum to arrive. I bought over $400 worth of this stuff, including some stuff with rebates that go to processors I do not have experience with. I HOPE I do not regret this.

rated:
billrubin said: Elric428 said: I blew up the fine print on both rebates and both clearly state that they each require the original UPC code. But even worse, the $20 rebate states that redemption of this rebate request voids any on-box rebate. Therefore, I now suggest everyone steer clear of using both rebates at the same time.

Nova rebates will take 5-6 months minimum to arrive. I bought over $400 worth of this stuff, including some stuff with rebates that go to processors I do not have experience with. I HOPE I do not regret this.

Thank you for this info, I will definitely stay away from this item.

rated:
Nova rebates do come, but many times you have to call.

rated:
I picked up CA ETRUST ANTIVIRUS 2006 as a FAR item in the Fry's B&M on Black Friday and it's still on Outpost.com as FAR. Also, here is the correct link for the SNAPSTREAM BEYOND TV3 $50 rebate.

I've looked over some of the rebate forms and noticed that both the Norton Systemworks/Personal Firewall 2006 Fry's and upgrade rebates must be submitted within 30 days of purchase. Read the fine print:
Rebate submission must be postmarked within 30 days of purchase. Limit one rebate per customer.

Maybe Symantec is now following McAfee's T&C for the 2006 versions, so send in those rebates and don't sit on them thinking you have many months to file. Also, the last part (one rebate per customer) looks the same as it used to but it concerns me now. I have filed more than one Symantec rebate with the same name and address in the past, but I did recently get one invalidated. It was for Systemworks 2005 Premier upgrade offer 04-79788. I filed three within the last year and all were valid. So I took a chance on the fourth using the same name and address assuming there would be no issue. The fourth rebate was invalid, so I called Parago CS and they said there is a HOUSEHOLD LIMIT OF THREE REBATES. I highlight this because nowhere on the Norton rebate form or T&C does it say there is a household limit of three. I argued the point with the CSR but was denied. I may try calling again to argue again. I'm very careful with McAfee rebates since they are more clear about the person/customer/name/family/receipt/address/household limit. Good luck.

rated:
So are you saying you tried to file more four of the same upgrade rebate and it got rejected?? I thought they had changed that to limit one as of the 2005 products (or maybe even 2004). Or are you saying you could not file more than 3 Symantec rebates, total. That is a much different thing.

If the limit really is three of the same program number per person, that would be great, since I can go back to buying multiples of the same item over the course of the year.

Does McAfee also allow 3 of the same program # to be fled?

rated:
I filed three Symantec upgrade rebates with the same offer number and they were all valid, and then I filed a fourth rebate with the same offer number and it was invalid because of the undisclosed household limit. So I am saying you could file three Symantec non-upgrade and/or upgrade rebates with the same offer number and they may/could/should be valid, but the fourth will not be valid based on my experience. YMMV but I can tell you so far that I got three upgrade checks for Partition Magic 8 (04-72400), Internet Security 2005 (04-79784), NPF 2005 (04-79786), Sysworks 2005 Prem (04-79788), Sysworks 2005 (04-79792), and NAV 2005 (04-79790).

McAfee usually allows only one of the same offer because of the household (read as address) limit on most of their offers. You have to submit any additional rebates after the first one using a different address (and preferably name). IHTH.

rated:
Given the "limit one" wording in the rebate form, it seems that you should be thanking Parago for letting you have 3, not complaining that you can't have 4. They started that limit 1 stuff when they began using activation, so not only did you have to buy more than one copy for multiple machines, you couldn't get more than one for free. What you're saying is actually great news.

rated:
Hey, I'm thankful but not complaining. My point is that Symantec has never disclosed the household limit AFAIK. It is a T&C of the rebate offer and it should be clearly stated as such. You shouldn't have to find out after the rebate is submitted. Thanks.

rated:
soundxli said: I filed three Symantec upgrade rebates with the same offer number and they were all valid, and then I filed a fourth rebate with the same offer number and it was invalid because of the undisclosed household limit. So I am saying you could file three Symantec non-upgrade and/or upgrade rebates with the same offer number and they may/could/should be valid, but the fourth will not be valid based on my experience. YMMV but I can tell you so far that I got three upgrade checks for Partition Magic 8 (04-72400), Internet Security 2005 (04-79784), NPF 2005 (04-79786), Sysworks 2005 Prem (04-79788), Sysworks 2005 (04-79792), and NAV 2005 (04-79790).

When you submitted your Symantec rebates, did you apply online (where they give you an immediate tracking number), or did you mail in the printed form? I'm curious because sometimes their terms & conditions are different depending on whether you apply online or use the printed rebate form. Thanks.

rated:
I submit most of them online using the Parago website (usually for Computer Associates, McAfee, Norton, roxio, Iolo, Panda, Encore, Sage) and some others if the company offering the rebate makes it available online. I've noticed that there are sometimes conflicts on the original rebate form vs. the registered online rebate form I print (i.e., with tracking number). I'll usually call or send an email if the T&C conflict (i.e., online registration says upgrade not valid with any other offer but rebate form T&C's say nothing about it) or if the T&C's don't make sense (i.e., both the original and upgrade rebate require the original UPC). I'll pass on a FAR offer and return the item if all the rebate pieces don't fit properly.

rated:
soundxli said: Hey, I'm thankful but not complaining. My point is that Symantec has never disclosed the household limit AFAIK. It is a T&C of the rebate offer and it should be clearly stated as such. You shouldn't have to find out after the rebate is submitted. Thanks.
Are you saying that all of those upgrade rebates do not state that there is a limit of one per person???

I just checked 04-79784 (NIS 2005) and it clearly states "Limit one rebate per customer." I don't see the need to disclose anything more.

rated:
All the Symantec rebate forms I have on file say "Limit one rebate per customer" in italics. If Symantec allows more than one rebate per household then they should clearly state it under the Terms and Conditions. That's all I'm saying. If you read the T&C and take it at face value (and don't want or need to know anything else) then you will only get one rebate. I read the T&C, chose to submit more than one for the same name and address, and I got three rebates. Need I say more?

rated:
I called the Norton rebate number several times about a rebate that clearly said one per person and every person I spoke with said that on their version of the form it said three per person and I would qualify for a second rebate. If anyone who wonders about a particular rebate calls, they will get a definitive answer about that rebate without having to guess or take the word of anyone on this forum.

rated:
Well, that is certainly great news and I will definitely make good use of it! It's just strange that their version would not match what is in the online form, since they usually match.

rated:
Well stated. Like I said before I email or call if I'm not sure about something, but I never thought to ask about the number of rebates I would qualify for. It is not stated on the T&C that I qualify for three rebates, but all I had to do was take the time to ask. Thanks.

Sondra said: ...<text snipped> If anyone who wonders about a particular rebate calls, they will get a definitive answer about that rebate without having to guess or take the word of anyone on this forum.

rated:
STOMPSOFT REGISTRY REPAIR
FREE after $25.00 Mail in Rebate valid from 2005-11-23 to 2005-12-01
http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4553977

STOMPSOFT PC BACKUP
FREE after $30.00 Rebate Mail in Rebate valid from 2005-11-23 to 2005-12-01
http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4554007

rated:
I found the correct link for the $30 USD Norton SystemWorks 2006 and Norton Personal Firewall 2006 Bundle Mail-in Rebate, U.S. Offer #05-36455 valid from 2005-11-23 to 2006-12-31 (thanks CompUSA). Note that the Outpost.com upgrade link is $20 USD for Norton SystemWorks 2006.

But it looks like you could make $10 if you forget the $30 bundle upgrade rebate and submit the $20 Norton SystemWorks 2006 offer 05-36451 and the $20 Norton Personal Firewall 2006 offer 05-36447 rebates. I'm thinking this is the way to go, but I haven't opened the boxes yet to see which proof of purchase labels are attached.

rated:
New Freebie Alert!

STOMPSOFT REGISTRY REPAIR

rated:

rated:
New Freebie Alert!

PHOTOSTUDIO
ZONE ALARM PRO

rated:
sellmen said: Microsoft Money 2005 Standard only has a $10 rebate. More Outpost.com rebate trickery...they have a habit of listing after-rebate prices when the rebate has expired, or listing wrong rebate amounts.

Easy there partner! May be the case sometimes. But they have actually fixed some of those too! Case: Samsung printer on sale with rebate. Rebate expired during sale promotion. However, Outpost posted another rebate valid for the remaining days of promotion. (this was not MIR either, but Outpost's rebate).

rated:
DavidRiley said: sellmen said: Microsoft Money 2005 Standard only has a $10 rebate. More Outpost.com rebate trickery...they have a habit of listing after-rebate prices when the rebate has expired, or listing wrong rebate amounts.
Easy there partner! May be the case sometimes. But they have actually fixed some of those too! Case: Samsung printer on sale with rebate. Rebate expired during sale promotion. However, Outpost posted another rebate valid for the remaining days of promotion. (this was not MIR either, but Outpost's rebate).

Actually, what they do is not update the link to point to the current rebate. You just need to do some work to find it (like playing with the link to find the correct form).

rated:
How is the 3 user version free? I don't see the rebates for this version.

Thanks,
Frob

rated:
frobnitz said: How is the 3 user version free? I don't see the rebates for this version.

Thanks,
Frob

I guess the sale is over.

rated:
Dang I just missed it....where did the rebates go.

rated:
New Freebie Alert!

VASTECH BLUE SKIN 4G's

rated:
I purchased a whole whack of these during BF but can't find the rebate forms that made them FAR. What should I do?

Thanks!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 123 4 5105
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014