• filter:
  • 197 98 99100101105
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Just want to let you guys know that today I have received emails notifications of my two Symantec rebates received and being processed. They were mailed on 1/18 and 1/22, albeit for different rebate offers than this Norton bundle in question. Both shown as "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing." I have submitted 17 Norton rebates in the past three months, all approved and most received already. Also all of my AVG/Smith Micro/Webroot/Panda/Trend Micro/iolo/McAfee/Sony rebates (at least 100 rebates since 11/2012) are safe so far. Not sure it is time for a Parago panic yet. Will keep a close eye on this.

rated:
morechou said:   Just want to let you guys know that today I have received emails notifications of my two Symantec rebates received and being processed. They were mailed on 1/18 and 1/22, albeit for different rebate offers than this Norton bundle in question. Both shown as "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing." I have submitted 17 Norton rebates in the past three months, all approved and most received already. Also all of my AVG/Smith Micro/Webroot/Panda/Trend Micro/iolo/McAfee/Sony rebates (at least 100 rebates since 11/2012) are safe so far. Not sure it is time for a Parago panic yet. Will keep a close eye on this.

Thanks for chiming in...first good news I've heard so far

rated:
morechou said:   Just want to let you guys know that today I have received emails notifications of my two Symantec rebates received and being processed. They were mailed on 1/18 and 1/22, albeit for different rebate offers than this Norton bundle in question. Both shown as "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing." I have submitted 17 Norton rebates in the past three months, all approved and most received already. Also all of my AVG/Smith Micro/Webroot/Panda/Trend Micro/iolo/McAfee/Sony rebates (at least 100 rebates since 11/2012) are safe so far. Not sure it is time for a Parago panic yet. Will keep a close eye on this.

Actually make it five now. Two Fry's and Three OD's. All good (finger crossed).

One note: I have not done much rebate before 11/2012, but did a crazy ton since BF last year. Could it be that Symantec is blacklisting ppl with rebate submission from earlier time point than BF?

rated:
I'll find that out in a few days...I've been doing Nortons for years.

rated:
Well it's official...I got the same error for 13-43641. The good thing is that the rest of my rebates are still valid. Having been though the McAfee fiasco (when they invalidated 10 of my already valid rebates), I can only hope that my valid Norton rebates stay that way. Looks like I will be returning the Norton products that I just received from Frys. And to fight my existing rebates...I'll be planning to go Frys --> Symantec --> BBB. Too bad...Norton rebates were so reliable.

BBB link:
http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/business-reviews/internet-services/sy...

rated:
2 of the norton rebates that i did are invalid due to - did not pass audit process

12-33643, 12-33644 norton 360 $40, $25
13-43641, 13-43642 norton internet/utilities/ghost $50, $25

rated:
So it seems I am the oddity who has all his Norton rebates valid here. Maybe I should slow down my Norton purchases...

Can anyone point me the link to the post where people get invalid AVG/SmithMicro rebates due to audit? I have too many pending AVG/SM rebates.

rated:
morechou said:   So it seems I am the oddity who has all his Norton rebates valid here. Maybe I should slow down my Norton purchases...

Can anyone point me the link to the post where people get invalid AVG/SmithMicro rebates due to audit? I have too many pending AVG/SM rebates.

Not really the oddity, since your rebate offers that were valid are different offer numbers than the Bundle. Which ones were valid for you, because up until the bundle, all of mine were valid as well? Did you do the Bundle rebates?

rated:
Wreptyle said:   Not really the oddity, since your rebate offers that were valid are different offer numbers than the Bundle. Which ones were valid for you, because up until the bundle, all of mine were valid as well? Did you do the Bundle rebates?

Below are my valid Symantec rebates from 2013:

12-33643 $40 USD Symantec Prepaid Card with Purchase of Norton 360 at Frys Electronics or Frys.com
12-33644 $25 USD Competitive Upgrade Symantec Visa Prepaid Card with Purchase of Norton 360 at Fry's Electronics or Frys.com
12-41408 $30 USD Symantec Visa Prepaid Card with Purchase of Norton Internet Security at Fry's Electronics or Frys.com
12-41402 $20 USD Competitive Upgrade Symantec Visa Prepaid Card with Purchase of Norton Internet Security at Fry's Electronics or Frys.com
12-35282 $80 USD Symantec Prepaid Card by Mail on Norton Internet Security with Norton Utilities and Norton Online Backup Bundle AND any Turbo Tax, H&R Block software at Office Depot
12-33761 $25 USD Competitive Upgrade Symantec Visa Prepaid Card with Purchase of Norton Internet Security with Norton Utilities AND Norton Online Backup Bundle at Office Depot
12-35281 $15 USD Competitive Upgrade Symantec Visa Prepaid Card with Purchase of Norton AntiVirus at Office Depot

So it seems all of them are still 2012 rebates. Is the Bundle rebate offer 13-*****?

rated:
I did 12-33643 and 12-33644, and they were valid. Yes, the bundle were all 13-xxxxx. It's an interesting point you brought up, that it starts with 13-xxxxx. However, people like mwerner1 got it for 12-41402. So maybe not.

rated:
Wreptyle said:   I did 12-33643 and 12-33644, and they were valid. Yes, the bundle were all 13-xxxxx. It's an interesting point you brought up, that it starts with 13-xxxxx. However, people like mwerner1 got it for 12-41402. So maybe not.

My invalid (did not pass audit) rebates are for Norton 360 and they start with a 12. So the problem is definitely not just with the newer "13" rebates.

rated:
I've gotten failed audit on 12-41402 and 12-41408 so far. Those are the only two Symantec rebates that have processed since Wednesday. I expect the other nine submitted ones, including the Triple Bundles, to be rejected as well when they are processed. I only hope they don't invalidate the other five that are approved but not mailed yet.

I'm curious as to the next course of action on these. Has anyone attempted to contact Fry's yet?

rated:
mwerner1 said:   I've gotten failed audit on 12-41402 and 12-41408 so far. Those are the only two Symantec rebates that have processed since Wednesday. I expect the other nine submitted ones, including the Triple Bundles, to be rejected as well when they are processed. I only hope they don't invalidate the other five that are approved but not mailed yet.

I'm curious as to the next course of action on these. Has anyone attempted to contact Fry's yet?

I'm also interested in hearing the results of anyone's correspondence with Fry's about this issue. Fry's usually contacts the rebate center first, so they will probably be told the same thing that we are being told - that the rebates were rejected by the manufacturer for an unknwon reason.

rated:
dododada said:   2 of the norton rebates that i did are invalid due to - did not pass audit process

12-33643, 12-33644 norton 360 $40, $25.
13-43641, 13-43642 norton internet/utilities/ghost $50, $25

My 12-33644 is validated but 12-33643 isn't in the system yet. Will be interesting to see what happens to that one and if the valid one becomes invalid. Took a screen shot.

ETA: Just called Frys to get RMA to return my unopened bundle. They didn't ask any questions but I told CSR why I was returning and she said she'd tell her manager.

rated:
On phone with Frys...since my Bundle was opened already, I am asking them to refund me and provide RMA for the unopened Norton Antivirus I just received. Talked to manager...they said they will open an inquiry. They also need me to fax over everything. So I did. Also got RMA for Norton AV. Will return that.

Worst of this is the time I'm spending on this BS. Was on phone for 30 minutes...with a disconnect in between. I would suggest you guys keep track of who you are speaking to.

rated:
do you have to get a rma to return an unopened box (i also bought the norton antivirus but i did not opened the frys box)? i just wrote 'refused - return to sender' on mine and dropped it off at the post office counter..

rated:
dododada said:   do you have to get a rma to return an unopened box (i also bought the norton antivirus but i did not opened the frys box)? i just wrote 'refused - return to sender' on mine and dropped it off at the post office counter..

Yes, you should get a RMA for it. I asked them, they said to open the box and you will have to write the RMA number they give you on the slip and also print on outside.

rated:
Wreptyle said:   Well it's official...I got the same error for 13-43641. The good thing is that the rest of my rebates are still valid. Having been though the McAfee fiasco (when they invalidated 10 of my already valid rebates), I can only hope that my valid Norton rebates stay that way. Looks like I will be returning the Norton products that I just received from Frys. And to fight my existing rebates...I'll be planning to go Frys --> Symantec --> BBB. Too bad...Norton rebates were so reliable.

BBB link:

What was the end result with your McAfee fiasco?

rated:
Elric428 said:   Wreptyle said:   Well it's official...I got the same error for 13-43641. The good thing is that the rest of my rebates are still valid. Having been though the McAfee fiasco (when they invalidated 10 of my already valid rebates), I can only hope that my valid Norton rebates stay that way. Looks like I will be returning the Norton products that I just received from Frys. And to fight my existing rebates...I'll be planning to go Frys --> Symantec --> BBB. Too bad...Norton rebates were so reliable.

BBB link:

Well...after numerous BBB complaints and several frys.com claims filed, I ended up losing around $300 or so on the 11 valid claims they turned invalid on a drop of a dime. Frys was able to reimburse me for $50 or $60 I think. This is why I'm praying that Norton doesn't invalidate existing valid ones.

rated:
Wreptyle said:   Elric428 said:   Wreptyle said:   Well it's official...I got the same error for 13-43641. The good thing is that the rest of my rebates are still valid. Having been though the McAfee fiasco (when they invalidated 10 of my already valid rebates), I can only hope that my valid Norton rebates stay that way. Looks like I will be returning the Norton products that I just received from Frys. And to fight my existing rebates...I'll be planning to go Frys --> Symantec --> BBB. Too bad...Norton rebates were so reliable.

BBB link:

Well...after numerous BBB complaints and several frys.com claims filed, I ended up losing around $300 or so on the 11 valid claims they turned invalid on a drop of a dime. Frys was able to reimburse me for $50 or $60 I think. This is why I'm praying that Norton doesn't invalidate existing valid ones.

Sorry this happened to you. Do you know of McAfee is still ivalidating rebates?

rated:
Elric428 said:   Sorry this happened to you. Do you know of McAfee is still ivalidating rebates?

Well, it depends. During that McAfee incident, it was a long process, but I've learned that McAfee decided to only accept one rebate PER product PER year. But that's assuming you are not, what I call, "blacklisted". If you never reached out to McAfee, you should be good for one product per year. If you did reach out to somebody from the Executive Service Team, then you're screwed for life (not a big loss in my opinion). I verified this by trying again this year. Mine was still rejected, but my buddy did it again and his got validated...proving my theory.

For your viewing pleasure...here was one of the emails I dug up back when.

----------------
Dear <me>,

I understand that you are upset with audit result from Parago. And after careful consideration, and I have researched the issue and decided to support the answer that has been already given. If you feel that I'm addressing your concerns then that unfortunate. The language under the terms and conditions states One rebate per product per household, and considering that all of our retail subscription are one year subscription. Also couple that with the fact that there has been well over 20 rebates submitted from the address <my address> with a 2010 date. Also the EULA applies to anyone who has our product, it's not possible to have the software installed on a computer without agreeing to the EULA. Part of my job is to take note of your feedback and communicate these issues internally with the goal of making an impact on our business policy moving forward. I also like to provide option or a work around to resolve the issue at hand.

I understand the need to cover many computers. I would like to get you in touch with my corporate sales team, to get you switched over to a corporate license. You also have the option to add more licenses to one individual account so you can protect more than one computer and keep them all under one email address. Let me know if this is something that you would like for me to set you up with. Again, I'm sorry if this has caused any trouble for you, and I hope all is well. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you and address your concern. I urge you to keep my direct contact number for any future McAfee needs. I am available Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, Central Time.

Sincerely,

Eric Robinson
Executive Services Team
McAfee, inc.

rated:
I guess the rebate game is ending! In the past, Parago was the easiest processor to deal with, not anymore. I made a complaint against them for a Keurig rebate and they came back revenging me by invalidating my two Smithmicro rebates (changed from valid to invalid). FYI, those two SmithMicro rebates were the first time that I bought those products if they ever wanted to argue limit one rebate per product. I still have a number of pending Webroot and Panda rebates. This is scary!

rated:
wow...that really sux, I sure hope Symantec isn't following their footsteps.

rated:
damn Frys and their oversized packaging. Returning a NIS bundle and it weighs 13.2 oz, ie too heavy for First Class.

rated:
Well I also received the dreaded 'Audit' message for 12-41409.

Luckily that and its corresponding upgrade rebate was the only one I had in the Works. Had the Ghost Triple bundle but will send that back to Frys's.

It's been a good run but I think I will call it a day on the rebates.

This is none too surprising with all the publicity rebates got last year.

At the end of the day the rebate T&C's do state it is not open to Re-sellers so I'm not sure what a BBB complaint will do.

rated:
Has anyone seen 12-33642 and 12-33645 get processed yet? They're for Norton 360 Premiere.

rated:
Jagd said:   Well I also received the dreaded 'Audit' message for 12-41409.

Luckily that and its corresponding upgrade rebate was the only one I had in the Works. Had the Ghost Triple bundle but will send that back to Frys's.

It's been a good run but I think I will call it a day on the rebates.

This is none too surprising with all the publicity rebates got last year.

At the end of the day the rebate T&C's do state it is not open to Re-sellers so I'm not sure what a BBB complaint will do.

What publicity last year on rebates?

rated:
I have had rebates invalidated by McAfee and Norton by that standard BS "did not pass the audit..." line, as well as having rebate checks not being sent from Parago that were submitted from other manufacturers like Smith Micro and Panda. Parago has been playing games with rebates for years invalidating many, many rebates stating missing receipt, missing upc, etc when they know as well as we know everything was submitted correctly. They play that game in hopes of banking on the customer not contacting them so they don't have to pay out the rebate. It would be a win-win for them and their clients. The BBB is just a reporting agency. Filing a complaint with the BBB would be a waste of time. Is everyone who is in this situation with their rebates as I mentioned above not going to do anything about it? Everyone who had rebate issues that have not been processed and mailed, please file with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). Go to ftc.gov, click on red box in the middle of the homepage that says consumer complaint. I will be filing a complaint. Don't just crawl under a rock and not do anything about this issue.

rated:
Please also file the complaints with your state's AG office. Often, they would sue before the fed. You can often just cut and paste the same complaint.

rated:
Joshy1 said:   I have had rebates invalidated by McAfee and Norton by that standard BS "did not pass the audit..." line, as well as having rebate checks not being sent from Parago that were submitted from other manufacturers like Smith Micro and Panda. Parago has been playing games with rebates for years invalidating many, many rebates stating missing receipt, missing upc, etc when they know as well as we know everything was submitted correctly. They play that game in hopes of banking on the customer not contacting them so they don't have to pay out the rebate. It would be a win-win for them and their clients. The BBB is just a reporting agency. Filing a complaint with the BBB would be a waste of time. Is everyone who is in this situation with their rebates as I mentioned above not going to do anything about it? Everyone who had rebate issues that have not been processed and mailed, please file with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). Go to ftc.gov, click on red box in the middle of the homepage that says consumer complaint. I will be filing a complaint. Don't just crawl under a rock and not do anything about this issue.

Not all invalidation are the same. Parago's invalidation (missing UPC, receipt, proof...etc) is really the result of human incompetence, and easily fixed. I filed many rebates, and I would say maybe one in a hundred gets one of these errors. A simple call to them to verify my information (they have all information scanned) always fixes it, as the CSR sees my proof. Now the audit deal by Norton and McAfee is caused by a directive from the companies themselves. This is not something that Parago can fix. I used to blame Parago for this, but not anymore, after speaking to McAfee's Executive Service Team. McAfee/Norton try to get away with this because of their vague wording on their rebate forms. I agree with all of us reporting on them, but I'm not sure what good will come out of it.

rated:
Wreptyle said:   

What publicity last year on rebates?

Link on MSN

Since that publicity Kaspersky added the whole box flap requirement and AVG added the limit One per Product.

Now the staple of Rebates, Symantec starts auditing.

I'll let you decide if it's coincidence or not.

rated:
Jagd said:   

I'll let you decide if it's coincidence or not.

Right I remember reading about this. So yea...I think the rebate era is indeed over. Lets just hope I get back what I spent on these Nortons. All good things...

rated:
Seems to me we can still get rebates from McAfee & Symantec, but only one rebate per product per year. Correct? Also another great place to submit complaints is www.planetfeedback.com/

rated:
Major losses to report from Symantec rebates here The rebates were for products bought around X'mas from Fry's and were submitted around Jan 22-26 period. Each and every one has been rejected due to the audit process. Here are the #s:

12-36862 $25 USD Competitive Upgrade Symantec Visa Prepaid Card with Purchase of Norton Internet Security with Norton Utilities AND Norton Ghost
12-36861 $50 Symantec Visa Prepaid Card by Mail on Norton Internet Security with Norton Utilities and Norton Ghost Bundle
12-33643 $40 USD Symantec Prepaid Card with Purchase of Norton 360
12-33644 $25 USD Competitive Upgrade Symantec Visa Prepaid Card with Purchase of Norton 360
12-36061 $20 USD Competitive Upgrade Symantec Visa Prepaid Card with Purchase of Norton AntiVirus and PC Tools Registry Mechanic Bundle
12-36062 $25 USD Symantec Prepaid Card with Purchase of Norton AntiVirus AND PC Tools Registry Mechanic Bundle

I have two more Symantec rebates pending (for N360 Premier from Fry's and NIS from Newegg). Not holding my breath. No word on my two SmithMicro rebates yet.

The rebate game is over. We won a lot and lost a bit of it . Moving on. Life.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   Please also file the complaints with your state's AG office. Often, they would sue before the fed. You can often just cut and paste the same complaint.

Shouldn't it be with the Texas AG office since that's where Parago is located?

rated:
roy7736 said:   ZenNUTS said:   Please also file the complaints with your state's AG office. Often, they would sue before the fed. You can often just cut and paste the same complaint.

Probably wouldn't hurt but my experience is that you file with your own state's AG and they will pursue the case once they got enough complaints, sometime, in concert with other state's AG.

I'm not understanding some of the comments I seen here, are people giving up on collecting some of the rebates? Why? Because you violates the T&C in the 1st place?

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   roy7736 said:   ZenNUTS said:   Please also file the complaints with your state's AG office. Often, they would sue before the fed. You can often just cut and paste the same complaint.

Probably wouldn't hurt but my experience is that you file with your own state's AG and they will pursue the case once they got enough complaints, sometime, in concert with other state's AG.

I'm not understanding some of the comments I seen here, are people giving up on collecting some of the rebates? Why? Because you violates the T&C in the 1st place?

I guess they're thinking that there's no way to prove that they are not a reseller if they have done numerous rebates for the same products and/or the same manufacturer.

rated:
Elric428 said:   Seems to me we can still get rebates from McAfee & Symantec, but only one rebate per product per year. Correct? Also another great place to submit complaints is www.planetfeedback.com/

You do this at your own risk. McAfee's rules are defined (once a year per product, but only assuming you are not blacklisted). I tested and VERIFIED this. Norton's rules are NOT defined...and we have yet to speak to a Norton equivalent of McAfee's Executive Service Team. There has been reports that people get this audit error even though they never did rebates for this product before. So at this point we don't know.

rated:
mwerner1 said:   I did online chat about it and CSR said there was a problem at Symantec and they were working with them to get it fixed. He said to check status again in a few days.

Has anyone else had this experience?

rated:
Spooie said:   mwerner1 said:   I did online chat about it and CSR said there was a problem at Symantec and they were working with them to get it fixed. He said to check status again in a few days.

Has anyone else had this experience?

I don't believe that they're working on fixing it (although I hope that they are). It seems like an intentional across-the-board invalidation on anyone who has submitted multiple Norton rebates in the past.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 197 98 99100101105
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014