• filter:
  • 198 99 100101102106
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
ZenNUTS said:   

I'm not understanding some of the comments I seen here, are people giving up on collecting some of the rebates? Why? Because you violates the T&C in the 1st place?

The reseller clause in the T&C is difficult to do an end run around if one has done multiple rebates for the same product. We all know how the McAfee fiasco ended.

rated:
There is no proof that purchasing many of the same product, is indicative of resale. One may buy multiple products, to give it to associates/family/friends, or to meet a credit card spending bonus, to redeem a prepaid card before it expires,etc.The burden of proof is on the manuf./processor not us, the consumer.

rated:
****ALERT ON Norton/Symantec REBATES****

Warning message on OPS summary page has been upgraded

rated:
1brooklyn1 said:   There is no proof that purchasing many of the same product, is indicative of resale. One may buy multiple products, to give it to associates/family/friends, or to meet a credit card spending bonus, to redeem a prepaid card before it expires,etc.The burden of proof is on the manuf./processor not us, the consumer.

Unless you plan to sue in the court of law, the "burden of proof" is meaningless.

rated:
Where are people reading that McAfee and Norton rebates are a limit 1 product per year on the rebate forms? McAfee says limit 1 product per name, address, family, etc. That means 1 product per address for each different offer/promotion number. Each McAfee software is a product regardless of the version it is. Norton rebates state a 1 rebate per customer. McAfee and Norton can't make up their own limits that is not stated on the rebate and after a promotion is out. Please file a complaint with the FTC on their website (FTC.gov). They won't be taking this lightly when they see the number of complaints regarding the same issue that they receive.

rated:
Joshy1 said:   Where are people reading that McAfee and Norton rebates are a limit 1 product per year on the rebate forms? McAfee says limit 1 product per name, address, family, etc. That means 1 product per address for each different offer/promotion number. Each McAfee software is a product regardless of the version it is. Norton rebates state a 1 rebate per customer. McAfee and Norton can't make up their own limits that is not stated on the rebate and after a promotion is out. Please file a complaint with the FTC on their website (FTC.gov). They won't be taking this lightly when they see the number of complaints regarding the same issue that they receive.

No offense, but clearly you never been through the McAfee fiasco. None of what you said means anything when it comes down to it. BBB, FTC, FBI, CSI...all was tried back then...doesn't matter one bit. Only thing I can see that "may" make a difference is maybe we all pool together and sue them or something.

rated:
Obviously the company is free to dictate the terms of the rebates as they wish. I think the opportunity for those of us who have been screwed is how ambiguous the T&Cs are. It says (and always has as far as I know) "One rebate per person" but they are seemingly enforcing one rebate per product per address, but who really knows because they have not made that clear. Can I send one rebate for each family member? Is it one rebate per product per calendar year? 365 days? I remember they used to allow up to 3 submissions OF THE SAME OFFER NUMBER on some rebates, with the same T&Cs. What is so infuriating is that they could easily change the T&Cs to make their policies crystal clear but still choose to be deceptive. That is what I am hoping will get the attention of the FTC or an AG.

rated:
I am interested why no one has mentioned asking Frys to step up. Isn't there a few year old law/regulation which says retailer is responsible for a valid rebate that manufacturer is unwilling/unable to honor?

rated:
Interesting that you brought up this point. I talked to Fry's Electronics associate yesterday and they asked me to pursue this with their management. Perhaps, they could intervene or guide us. I've not called them yet, but here is Fry's corporate number: (408)487 4500.

rated:
Hope119 said:   I am interested why no one has mentioned asking Frys to step up. Isn't there a few year old law/regulation which says retailer is responsible for a valid rebate that manufacturer is unwilling/unable to honor?

You would think there would be such a law. Obviously this is not the case. Read through this thread for the ongoing Buy.con Connect3d rebate fiasco now going on 5 years!

rated:
Elric428 said:   Hope119 said:   I am interested why no one has mentioned asking Frys to step up. Isn't there a few year old law/regulation which says retailer is responsible for a valid rebate that manufacturer is unwilling/unable to honor?

You would think there would be such a law. Obviously this is not the case. Read through this thread for the ongoing Buy.con Connect3d rebate fiasco now going on 5 years!

Exactly, I believe there were changes to consumer protections *after* Connect3D went under .. and thus far, my experience has been that retailers are stepping up to the plate (yes, could just be a difference in culture between those that I had exeperience with and buy.con)

rated:
Wreptyle said:   Joshy1 said:   Where are people reading that McAfee and Norton rebates are a limit 1 product per year on the rebate forms? McAfee says limit 1 product per name, address, family, etc. That means 1 product per address for each different offer/promotion number. Each McAfee software is a product regardless of the version it is. Norton rebates state a 1 rebate per customer. McAfee and Norton can't make up their own limits that is not stated on the rebate and after a promotion is out. Please file a complaint with the FTC on their website (FTC.gov). They won't be taking this lightly when they see the number of complaints regarding the same issue that they receive.

No offense, but clearly you never been through the McAfee fiasco. None of what you said means anything when it comes down to it. BBB, FTC, FBI, CSI...all was tried back then...doesn't matter one bit. Only thing I can see that "may" make a difference is maybe we all pool together and sue them or something.

I am not sure what you meant when you stated "None of what you said means anything when it comes down to it. BBB, FTC, FBI, CSI...all was tried back then...doesn't matter one bit." And I am not sure why you would need the FBI and CSI involved regarding this issue. The FTC does take this issue seriously. Companies were fined in the past when they did not fulfill their end of the deal regarding rebates such as not paying within the time frame stated. Laws have been changed in the past in favor of consumers when dealing with rebates. I'm sure everyone remembers CyberRebate disaster. Below is a link regarding this scam and how the FTC does take this issue seriously. If you don't file complaints with the FTC and AG against companies and Parago (the shadiest fulfillment center out there), then they will continue to do this and nothing will be done to prevent it from continuing. Companies want you to do what most are probably doing which is nothing.

http://couponing.about.com/od/rebates/a/cyberrebate.htm

rated:
THIS WEEK'S FREEBIE ALERT!

ABBYY FINEREADER 9.0 EXPRESS EDITION Additional Purchase Required
AVANQUEST BOOKKEEPER 2009 Two Rebates Required, Additional Purchase Required
Avanquest Drive Erase Professional Two Rebates Required
AVANQUEST DRIVER GENIUS
AVANQUEST FIX-IT UTILITIES 12 PRO- 5 USERS Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Avanquest MyMailList & AddressBook Additional Purchase Required
AVANQUEST MY MAIL LIST AND POSTAGE SAVER Additional Purchase Required
Avanquest Smart Buiness Pack V4 Additional Purchase Required
AVANQUEST SYSTEM SUITE 12 PROFESSIONAL Additional Purchase Required
Avg Antivirus 2013- 1PC/2 YR Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required, Additional Purchase Required
AVG AntiVirus + PC Tuneup Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required, Additional Purchase Required
Avg Internet Security 2013-1 PC Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required, Additional Purchase Required
Avg Internet Security 2013- 1PC/2 YR Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013- 3PC/1Year Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 3PC/1Year Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required, Additional Purchase Required
GFI Vipre Internet Security 2013 1 PC License - 1 Year Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required, Additional Purchase Required
IMSI CLIPART & MORE 3.5 MILLION Additional Purchase Required
IMSI INSTANT KITCHEN & BATH Additional Purchase Required
Inland 12 in 1 Portable Card Reader
IOLO DRIVE SCRUBBER 2008 - 3 PCs LICENSE Two Rebates Required, Additional Purchase Required
Iolo System Mechanic Premium Unlimited PC Household Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
IOLO SYSTEM MECHANIC PC TOTALCARE Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required, Additional Purchase Required
Iolo System Shield Antivirus & Antispyware- 3PCs Additional Purchase Required
Kaspersky Antivirus 2013-1 PC Additional Purchase Required
Kaspersky Pure Version 2.0 - 3 PCs Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required

****ALERT ON Mc Afee REBATES****
Recently, Parago, has started to enforce a one per product restriction on its rebates. Until this is sorted out, submitting more than one rebate per product is not advised even if the rebate has a different rebate number and different offer period. The rebate invalidation message has been reported as "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process".

McAfee Total Protection 2013- 1 PC Additional Purchase Required
Nero Burn Express 2 Additional Purchase Required
NOVA BERLITZ CHINESE/JAPANESE PREMIER Two Rebates Required
NOVA BERLITZ CHINESE/JAPANESE FOR MAC Two Rebates Required
NOVA BERLITZ ENGLISH PREMIER Two Rebates Required
NOVA BERLITZ ENGLISH PREMIER FOR MAC Two Rebates Required
NOVA BERLITZ FRENCH PREMIER Two Rebates Required
NOVA BERLITZ FRENCH PREMIER FOR MAC Two Rebates Required
NOVA BERLITZ GERMAN PREMIER Two Rebates Required
NOVA BERLITZ GERMAN PREMIER FOR MAC Two Rebates Required
NOVA BERLITZ ITALIAN PREMIER Two Rebates Required
NOVA BERLITZ ITALIAN PREMIER FOR MAC/PC Two Rebates Required
NOVA BERLITZ SPANISH PREMIER Two Rebates Required
NOVA BERLITZ SPANISH PREMIER FOR MAC Two Rebates Required
Nova Business Card Factory Deluxe Two Rebates Required, Additional Purchase Required
Nova HGTV INSTANT MAKEOVER Additional Purchase Required
Nova Invoices & Estimates Pro 2.0 Two Rebates Required, Additional Purchase Required
NOVA PHOTO IMPACT PRO 13 Three Rebates Required, Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Nova Print Artist Platinum 24 Two Rebates Required
NOVA WINWAY RESUME DELUXE 14 Two Rebates Required, Additional Purchase Required
Nuance PDF Create 8.0 Additional Purchase Required
Panda Antivirus Pro 2013 Additional Purchase Required
Phone Power Broadband Telephone Service Combo Pack Activation Required
R.I.O.T.iPad Khaki Woodgrain protective shell
R.I.O.T.iPad Brown Woodgrain protective shell
R.I.O.T.iPad Black Leather Protective Shell
R.I.O.T. iPad See-Through Blue Protective Shell
Smith Micro Check It Diagnostics Two Rebates Required, Additional Purchase Required
Smith Micro Check It Registry Cleaner Version 2 Two Rebates Required, Additional Purchase Required
SMITH MICRO DIGITAL TV FOR PC 2 Additional Purchase Required
Soda PDF Professional Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required

****ALERT ON Norton/Symantec REBATES****

Recently, Norton/Symantec through its rebate processor, Parago, has started to enforce a one per product restriction on its rebates. Until this is sorted out, submitting more than one rebate per product is not advised even if the rebate has a different rebate number and different offer period. The rebate invalidation message has been reported as "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process".

Symantec Norton Antivirus 2013 Tech Bench- 3 PCs (DVD Case) Additional Purchase Required
Symantec Norton Online Backup 5GB- 1 year 5 PCs Additional Purchase Required
Symantec Norton Triple Bundle 2013/Utilities 16/ Ghost V.15
SYMANTEC PC TOOLS INTERNET SECURITY 2012 - 3 PCs Additional Purchase Required
Symantec PC Tools Spyware Doctor With Antivirus 2012- 3 PCs Additional Purchase Required
Total Defense Antivirus- 3 PCs Activation Required
Total Defense Internet Security Premium- 5 Devices Two Rebates Required, Activation Required, Additional Purchase Required
Total Defense Internet Security Suite- 3 Devices Activation Required
Total Defense PC Tune Up-3 Devices Activation Required
Total Defense Unlimited Two Rebates Required, Activation Required, Additional Purchase Required
Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2013-1 PC Two Rebates Required, Additional Purchase Required
Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security Premium 2013 Multi Device Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Uniden UN114 Bluetooth
Unovon Grandstream HT502 Activation Required
Webroot Antivirus 2013 - 3PCs

rated:
A Word to the Wise

The Symantec Norton Triple Bundle now includes Norton Utilities version 16 instead of version 15. Not sure if Symantec will honor the rebate if you did it before with the package that included version 15. Do so at your own risk.

rated:
Has anyone filed an FTC complaint? I am thinking of doing it today, but it wouldn't make a difference if there is no one else also doing so. It's a long shot but worth a try especially since it should not take more than 30 minutes to draft one and submit. I am also going to appeal to Fry's. I think those are the only two avenues to get some resolution. Low probability but possible.

rated:
I'm touch-based with Frys. You all should. They said they are looking into it, and will refund me if/when they find rebate is denied.

rated:
Touched base with Fry's CS and Parago leadership. Both are putting pressure (including financial pressure) on Symantec to explain themselves. Hopefully this was just a mistake on Symantec's part that will be resolved soon. All directions seem to point to Symantec.

rated:
I can imagine that both Frys and Parago profits would plummet w/o FAR Symantec.
In the meanwhile I'm not ordering much of anything these days.
Won't deal w/ Nova. IMSI is 3 products per year. McAfee is one title per year. I just returned a NIS bundle.

rated:
billrubin said:   my4mainecoons said:   My copy of NIS/G/NU just arrived 2 days ago. Haven't opened the shipping carton yet. Wondering if I should just return it. Everything I've submitted so far has been validated including 12-30886. I wonder if their RMA department will accept it after their shipping department cut the boxes in half to fit it in a smaller box?
Opened the box to write the RMA on the packing slip. Shipped it back less than a week later received the following. So cutting the boxes plastic is a non-issue.

Dear My4 ;

We have received and processed your return as requested.

Credits will be issued using the same payment method as the
original order. If you paid by credit card, depending upon your
financial institution, it may take one to two billing cycles
before the credit appears on your statement.

Thank you for your business. We look forward to serving you
again the near future.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Dept

rated:

AVANQUEST MY DATABASE HOME AND BUSINESS Two Rebates Required, Additional Purchase Required
AVANQUEST SYSTEM SUITE 12 PROFESSIONAL Twqo Rebates Required, Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required, Additional Purchase Required
Avanquest Web Easy Professional 8 Two Rebates Required
Avg Antivirus 2013- 1PC/2 YR Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required, Additional Purchase Required
AVG AntiVirus + PC Tuneup Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required, Additional Purchase Required
AVG AntiVirus + PC Tuneup 2013- 3PC/2yearsCompetitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Avg Internet Security 2013-1 PC Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required, Additional Purchase Required
Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 3PC/1Year Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required, Additional Purchase Required
Bitdefender Sphere Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Bytecc AD101 Analog to Digital Audio Converter
GFI Vipre Internet Security 2013 1 PC License - 1 Year Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required, Additional Purchase Required
Hornettek L'etoile Black
Hornettek L'etoile Green
Hornettek L'etoile Red
Hornettek L'etoile TGrey
Hornettek L'etoile White
IOLO DRIVE SCRUBBER 2008 - 3 PCs LICENSE Two Rebates Required, Additional Purchase Required
IOLO SEARCH AND RECOVER 5 - 3 PCs LICENSE Two Rebates Required
IOLO SYSTEM MECHANIC PC TOTALCARE Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required, Additional Purchase Required
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013-3 PCs Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
McAfee Antivirus Plus 2013 -3 PCs Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Nero Burn Express 2 Additional Purchase Required
Nova Business Card Factory Deluxe Two Rebates Required, Additional Purchase Required
Nova Invoices & Estimates Pro 2.0 Two Rebates Required, Additional Purchase Required
Nova Scrapbook Factory Deluxe 5.0 Two Rebates Required
Nuance PDF Converter 8.0
Smith Micro Check It Diagnostics Two Rebates Required, Additional Purchase Required
Smith Micro Check It Registry Cleaner Version 2 Two Rebates Required, Additional Purchase Required
SMITH MICRO DIGITAL TV FOR PC 2 Additional Purchase Required
Symantec Norton Antivirus 2013 Tech Bench- 3 PCs (DVD Case) Additional Purchase Required
Symantec Norton Antivirus 2013-1 PC Additional Purchase Required
Symantec PC Tools Spyware Doctor With Antivirus 2012- 3 PCs Additional Purchase Required
Total Defense Internet Security Premium- 5 Devices Two Rebates Required, Activation Required, Additional Purchase Required
Total Defense Unlimited Two Rebates Required, Activation Required, Additional Purchase Required
Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2013-1 PC Two Rebates Required, Additional Purchase Required
Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2013-3 PCs Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security Premium 2013 Multi Device Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required

rated:

AVANQUEST MY DATABASE HOME AND BUSINESS Two Rebates Required, Additional Purchase Required
AVANQUEST SYSTEM SUITE 12 PROFESSIONAL Twqo Rebates Required, Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required, Additional Purchase Required
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013- 3PC/2Year Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Cooler Master NotePal X-Lite Cooler
INLAND HEADSOUND 500
Iolo System Mechanic Professional Unlimited Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
KASPERSKY ONE 5 DEVICE 1 YEAR Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
McAfee Total Protection 2013- 3 PCs Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Nuance PDF Converter 8.0
Panda Internet Security 2013-3 PCs
Soda PDF Standard Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus 2013- 3 PCs
Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2013-3 PCs Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Vonage VDV22-VD V-Portal Phone Adapter Activation Required
Vonage VDV22-CVR Whole House Solution Kit featuring a V-Portal and Motorola 3 Handset DECT Cordless Phone System Activation Required
Webroot Internet Security Plus 2013-3PC

rated:
Statement from Parago+Symantec:The rebate request was denied because we have received excessive rebate requests from one customer or household for Norton products suggesting that these products are being auctioned or resold in violation of the rebate terms and conditions. If you believe we have reached that conclusion in error, we can have someone contact you to review your submission history.

rated:
squinky86 said:   Statement from Parago+Symantec:The rebate request was denied because we have received excessive rebate requests from one customer or household for Norton products suggesting that these products are being auctioned or resold in violation of the rebate terms and conditions. If you believe we have reached that conclusion in error, we can have someone contact you to review your submission history.

How do they define "excessive"? The rebate terms & conditions should explicitly state how many rebates can be done per year in order to be considered excessive (with a specific number).

rated:
squinky86 said:   Statement from Parago+Symantec:The rebate request was denied because we have received excessive rebate requests from one customer or household for Norton products suggesting that these products are being auctioned or resold in violation of the rebate terms and conditions. If you believe we have reached that conclusion in error, we can have someone contact you to review your submission history.

Maybe they saw the article. Notoriety has it's drawbacks.

rated:
roy7736 said:   
How do they define "excessive"? The rebate terms & conditions should explicitly state how many rebates can be done per year in order to be considered excessive (with a specific number).
The rebate says it's not valid for resellers. That's an argument that you're not going to win if they have proof of it being resold.

rated:
billrubin said:   roy7736 said:   
The rebate says it's not valid for resellers. That's an argument that you're not going to win if they have proof of it being resold.
I gave the last 8 licenses I received away, and kept good records. I sent the names+addresses of the last 2 (the third most recent was used by me to unlock Norton Online Family for my brother-in-law), so they can verify that I wasn't reselling. We'll see what happens..

What I don't get is that the McAfee rebates don't prohibit reselling, and they're using the same excuse. I've been very careful to only resell items that don't prohibit it since the aforementioned article came out...

rated:
Further clarification from Norton, thanks to their very kind executive team:... Symantec has implemented limits on the annual quantity and value of rebates any person or household may redeem (up to 20 rebates a year across all promotions). ...Now that we know what the limits are, this will hopefully help some people out

rated:
squinky86 said:   Further clarification from Norton, thanks to their very kind executive team:... Symantec has implemented limits on the annual quantity and value of rebates any person or household may redeem (up to 20 rebates a year across all promotions). ...Now that we know what the limits are, this will hopefully help some people out Is that per calendar year or product year?

rated:
billrubin said:   squinky86 said:   Further clarification from Norton, thanks to their very kind executive team:... Symantec has implemented limits on the annual quantity and value of rebates any person or household may redeem (up to 20 rebates a year across all promotions). ...Now that we know what the limits are, this will hopefully help some people out Is that per calendar year or product year?

So now that they have given a number (even though it's still vague as to the exact definition of "year") after invalidating many of our rebates, will they be going back and validating the "audited" rebates since those rebate forms did not specify the 20 per year limit and we didn't know at the time that they have instituted the yearly limit?

rated:
I'm thinking its based on calendar year. The product year just began in Sept. While its possible, did anyone who was denied a NIS (bundle) rebate already submit 20 NIS 2013 rebates?

rated:
Just because we need an update; note that I have not checked shipping nor whether the rebate(s) require upgrades or extra purchases. Yes I am lazier than Elric:

all freebies at a glance

Scrapbook Factory Deluxe 5.0
Abbyy FineReader 9.0 Express Edition
Avanquest MyMailList & AddressBook
AVG AntiVirus + PC Tuneup 2013- 3PC
AVG Antivirus 2013- 1PC/2 YR
AVG Internet Security 2013-1 PC
Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 3PC/1Year
Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 3PC/2Year
BOOKKEEPER
Business Card Factory Deluxe
Check It Diagnostics
Check It Registry Cleaner Version 2
ClipArt & More 3.5 Million
Drive Scrubber- 3 PCs
Fix-It Utilities 12 Pro- 5 PCs
HGTV INSTANT MAKEOVER
Instant Kitchen & Bath
Invoices & Estimates Pro 2.0
Kaspersky Antivirus 2013 -1 PC
Kaspersky Pure 3.0 3 PCs
McAfee Internet Security 2013- 1 PC
McAfee Total Protection 2013- 1 PC
MY DATABASE HOME AND BUSINESS
MY MAIL LIST AND POSTAGE SAVER
MyLabel Designer Deluxe 8.0
NIUGIANT 31031 (yes, this should be spelled "nugiant")
Norton Antivirus 2013 Tech Bench- 3 PCs (DVD Case)
Norton Triple Bundle 2013/Utilities 16/ Ghost V.15
Nova Disco Deluxe MAC
Panda Antivirus Pro 2013
Panda Global Protection 2013-3 PCs
PC Tools Internet Security 2012-3 PCs
PC Tools Spyware Doctor With Antivirus 2012- 3 PCs
PDF Create 8.0
Phone Power Broadband Telephone Service Combo Pack
Registry Utilities Pro- 3 PCs
Smart Buiness Pack V4
System Mechanic PC Totalcare
System Mechanic Premium Unlimited PC Household
System Shield Antivirus & Antispyware- 3PCs
System Suite Professional
Total Defense Antivirus- 3 PCs
Total Defense Internet Security Premium- 5 Devices
Total Defense Internet Security Suite- 3 Devices
Total Defense PC Tune Up-3 Devices
Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2013-1 PC
Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2013-1 PC
Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security Premium 2013 Multi Device
Unovon Grandstream HT502
Vipre Internet Security 2013 1 PC License - 1 Year
Vonage VDV22-CVR Whole House Solution Kit featuring a V-Portal and Motorola 3 Handset DECT Cordless Phone System
Vonage VDV22-VD V-Portal Phone Adapter
Winway Resume Deluxe 14

rated:
Thanks for the update squinky86. I've been kinda busy. Here is my usual list.

TODAY'S FREEBIE ALERT!

Avanquest MyLabel Designer Deluxe 8.0 Two Rebates Required
AVANQUEST REGISTRY UTILITIES PRO - 3 PCs Two Rebates Required
Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 3PC/2Year Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Inland NUGIANT 31031
Iolo System Mechanic Premium Unlimited PC Household Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required/B]
Kaspersky Pure 3.0 3 PCs Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required/B]
McAfee Internet Security 2013- 1 PC Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
NOVA DISCO DELUXE (MAC)
Symantec Norton Triple Bundle 2013/Utilities 16/ Ghost V.15 Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2013 - 1 PC Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Vonage VDV22-CVR Whole House Solution Kit featuring a V-Portal and Motorola 3 Handset DECT Cordless Phone System Activation Required

rated:
Frys seems to have switched to UPS Surepost, which is faster than UPS-MI because it goes normal UPS until your local UPS depot, at which point it goes to the post office. I got a package today that was shipped on Tuesday.

rated:

ACRONIS DISK DIRECTOR 11
AVANQUEST MY ATTORNEY AND BOOKKEEPER 2008 BUNDLE
Avanquest MyLabel Designer Deluxe 8.0 Two Rebates Required
AVANQUEST REGISTRY UTILITIES PRO - 3 PCs Two Rebates Required
Avanquest Web Easy Professional 8 Two Rebates Required
Avg Internet Security 2013- 1PC/2 YR Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
Bitdefender Sphere Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
INLAND WIPES 2 PACK
IOLO SEARCH AND RECOVER 5 - 3 PCs LICENSE Two Rebates Required
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013-3 PCs Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
McAfee Internet Security 2013- 1 PC Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
NOVA BERLITZ CHINESE/JAPANESE FOR MAC Two Rebates Required
NOVA BERLITZ ENGLISH PREMIER FOR MAC Two Rebates Required
NOVA BERLITZ FRENCH PREMIER FOR MAC Two Rebates Required
NOVA BERLITZ GERMAN PREMIER FOR MAC Two Rebates Required
NOVA BERLITZ ITALIAN PREMIER FOR MAC/PC Two Rebates Required
NOVA BERLITZ SPANISH PREMIER FOR MAC Two Rebates Required
NOVA DISCO DELUXE (MAC)
Nova Scrapbook Factory Deluxe 5.0 Two Rebates Required
Panda Internet Security 2013-3 PCs
Sony Movie Studio 11 Competitive Upgrade Rebate Required
SUSTEEN DATAPILOT TETHERING FOR SELECT MOBILE PHONES
Symantec Norton Antivirus 2013-1 PC Additional Purchase Required

rated:
I guess Kaspersky closed the loophole on MM with their products, as the first quarter is ending Sunday,March 31st and through this entire quarter, there was no MM to be had via upgrade rebates, as there have been in the last few years. Hopefully, there will at least be MM opportunities on the Trend products.

rated:
Email just received from Parago/Symantec:

Thank you for your recent rebate submission. Symantec's rebate program is intended for customers to use the software for personal use, which is why rebates are limited to one per customer. Symantec has implemented limits on the annual quantity and/or total value of rebates any person or household may redeem.
We see that you have indeed submitted multiple rebates in the past year and our system has flagged your recent submissions with an error code of: "Your rebate did not pass our audit process."
As a one-time courtesy we are reviewing any requests that fall into the above category and as long as the submission documentation meets the requirements they will be fulfilled. You can expect payment for valid claims within 3 weeks. You may check your rebate status at www.Symantecrebates.com. Please be aware that rebate submissions will be subject to the limits stated in the rebate terms and conditions."
Regards,
The Symantec Rebate Team

rated:
billrubin said:   Email just received from Parago/Symantec:Yep, I got it too. If it means what it seems to mean ("We'll fulfill what's already been submitted, but don't do it again."), that's cool.

rated:
Flatbob said:   billrubin said:   Email just received from Parago/Symantec:Yep, I got it too. If it means what it seems to mean ("We'll fulfill what's already been submitted, but don't do it again."), that's cool.It means I have to contact them to get the bogus invalid UPC error that accompanied the audit process error. I never bothered getting it fixed because I figured they'd tell me that I wasn't getting paid, anyway.

rated:
billrubin said:   Flatbob said:   billrubin said:   Email just received from Parago/Symantec:Yep, I got it too. If it means what it seems to mean ("We'll fulfill what's already been submitted, but don't do it again."), that's cool.It means I have to contact them to get the bogus invalid UPC error that accompanied the audit process error. I never bothered getting it fixed because I figured they'd tell me that I wasn't getting paid, anyway.Well that's kinda sucky, but at least we're getting our rebates. Luckily for me, my two denied rebates were ok otherwise, so when I checked them they showed as approved.

rated:
This is still total B.S. These DBs have not defined what the terms are that we are supposed to comply with.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 198 99 100101102106
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014