• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Megatoners is great if your looking for ink carts for your Epson or Canon printer, ink for my Canon I450 costs $.89 and $1.15 and for my Epson 785EPX is $2.12 and $2.55 shipping is $4.75 or if you spend $49 it's free.

Ressellerratings are <5 for 6 months and >5 lifetime.

I have used Monsterinkjets but due to recent reviews I have switched to Megatoners.

My last order from Megatoners took 3-4 days to arrive. I know a lot of people here know about Megatoners and I think it has been posted in the hot deals but I think it's been some time so I thought I would mention them again.


Tom

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Some of you are suggesting the Rainbow brands is better than the USA brand from Tyler Martin? Crappola if that is corre... (more)

Underclocked (Mar. 23, 2005 @ 10:46p) |

fidget13a said: <blockquote><hr>Mine came UPS<br><hr></blockquote><br>Thanks -- mine just arrived via USPS regular mail.... (more)

maxkine (Mar. 25, 2005 @ 11:19a) |

The color cartridges (CTC brand) I got for my Canon i850 from Megatoners leaked and the ink bled badly.

maxkine (May. 23, 2005 @ 11:28a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Reading thru the canon m390 posts and the inkdaddy posts it seemed like the ink carts from megatoners were really of bad quality. Also seemed like most of the carts would not even work

I agree that Megatoners has some bad ink. I bought a couple of Epson ink and I had problem with clogged nozzle, wrong color, or even ink catridge that won't work at all.

OP: Good deal but quality is a problem. Thanks anyway.

I now mainly use my printer for printing things off the internet and papers so quality isn't too big of an issue, when I have my pics printed I use winkflash and Snapfish, I can't print pics for $.08.


Tom

Never had a problem with Epson 480 and 880 ink tanks from them... only have had to do a nozzle cleaning a few times on installation to get the ink flowing.

I've used Magatoners Epson ink for my 785EPX etc. for years and years...no problems.
YES...YES you have to use your Epson regularly to prevent clogging! You cant
let it sit there for weeks or you most likly will have problems. This is an
Epson thing and not Megatoners ink. Correct me if I'm wrong!

My $00.02...thank you very much!!

brotherhpj said: [Q]I've used Magatoners Epson ink for my 785EPX etc. for years and years...no problems.
YES...YES you have to use your Epson regularly to prevent clogging! You cant
let it sit there for weeks or you most likly will have problems. This is an
Epson thing and not Megatoners ink. Correct me if I'm wrong!

My $00.02...thank you very much!!

Epson's are prone to clogging, you have to turn it off after using it and it still clogs(with oem ink and cheap ink).

Tom

I used to order from them because of their cheap prices. The ink quality wasn't the best, but the cheap cost offset that for me. I stopped ordering because I ordered a toner cartridge from them once. They billed my credit card immediately, but later told me that the toner was on back order. After 6 weeks, still no toner. Finally they claim that they sent it, but I never received it and they could not produce a tracking number. In the end, I had to dispute the charges with my credit card company.

How about ezinkjets.com with 20% coupon and free shipping lot cheaper (someone posted in the inkdaddy thread). Has anybody tried their InkCarts? Inkdaddy is much better quality and recommended.

I use 123Inkjets for my Epson and it has been fine so far. I had to realign the carts after the switch, and the ink is not waterproof like OEM Epson.

I've ordered from them for the past 3 or 4 years and had good luck with their cartridges. Just received an order for my Epson 880 last week - took 7 days to arrive in LA. The black are by Premium Imaging Prducts and the color are by Color. I'm a bit concerned about the color carts though. What they sent is supposed to be a replacement cart that covers 33 different printers. The number is T052 which appears to be about a 1/4 inch longer than original. Looks like all the other sellers are doing the same so I guess it'll fit?? Anyone try these yet?

As for delivery problems, thats just the nature of the beast. I imagine this is just a one man operation with no inventory that uses a drop shipper (distributer) that slaps his label on the box and ships it - postal service - i.e. no tracking. Guess that puts him in a spot when the shipper says it shipped and the customer didn't receive it although the addage "the customer is always right" should apply.

I purchased laser toner for my HPLJ4 and color and b&w ink for HPOJg85 from Megatoners. Nothing worked! They sent wrong toner and wouldn't take back for anything; ink carts would not work at all (this could be due to the printer rather than the ink carts).

Anyway, I think you just have to be very sure of what you're ordering and whether it would work. It took about 1.5 weeks to receive the order in Oregon. It was coming from NY. Prices would have been very reasonable if the things worked.

abacus ink on eBay is better .... <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>

OK, another ink thread - here's my 2 cents!

I have always had the best luck with Nectron generic ink tanks, unfortunately these are rarely branded as Nectron. They are usually branded as "Rainbow" brand or in plain blue boxes. Many have seen the "Rainbow" branded cartridges. One of the biggest distributers of Nectron cartridges is Tyler Martin, but the main Tyler Martin website doesn't have the best prices. Now Tyler Martin has a website with eBay prices, click on link below-

http://www.extracartridges.com/

Just search for your printer model, don't choose the USA brand, the other brand will be the "Rainbow" cartridges I refer to.

Prices may not be "rock bottom", but very, very comptetive and the service and quality is beyond compare! They charge $5.95 shipping per order, no matter how big, so it is better to order as many carts as you can use in a reasonable time.

I own several Epson printers, I print a lot (photos, DVD Covers, text, etc.), I buy all my ink from these guys now, have never had a problem.

In the past I have bought from Megatoners, but last order from them the color match from ink was terrible. I have also bought from 123Inkjets, as far as I'm concerned they are way over-priced and sell no better ink than Megatoners.

Try Tyler Martin site above, you won't be dissapointed!

Believe me, I have no association with Tyler Martin, but as a true Fatwallet member, I firmly believe in passing on information to other members so they can make the best informed purchase possible.

Bye, bye

MoonMan said: [Q]OK, another ink thread - here's my 2 cents!

I have always had the best luck with Nectron generic ink tanks, unfortunately these are rarely branded as Nectron. They are usually branded as "Rainbow" brand or in plain blue boxes. Many have seen the "Rainbow" branded cartridges. One of the biggest distributers of Nectron cartridges is Tyler Martin, but the main Tyler Martin website doesn't have the best prices. Now Tyler Martin has a website with eBay prices, click on link below-

http://www.extracartridges.com/

Just search for your printer model, don't choose the USA brand, the other brand will be the "Rainbow" cartridges I refer to.

Prices may not be "rock bottom", but very, very comptetive and the service and quality is beyond compare! They charge $5.95 shipping per order, no matter how big, so it is better to order as many carts as you can use in a reasonable time.

I own several Epson printers, I print a lot (photos, DVD Covers, text, etc.), I buy all my ink from these guys now, have never had a problem.

In the past I have bought from Megatoners, but last order from them the color match from ink was terrible. I have also bought from 123Inkjets, as far as I'm concerned they are way over-priced and sell no better ink than Megatoners.

Try Tyler Martin site above, you won't be dissapointed!

Believe me, I have no association with Tyler Martin, but as a true Fatwallet member, I firmly believe in passing on information to other members so they can make the best informed purchase possible.

Bye, bye

Good post.



Tom

just thought id point out that if you're looking for rainbow brand Canon Cartridges the best price ARE on the main tylermartin site. the reason being is that you can buy 4 packs of BCI-6 for $7.39 or 6 packs of BCI-6 for $9.99. you get a quantity discount on the main site. much better deal all around for Canon users of i860 or i960 canon printers.

BudmanTom said: [Q]Megatoners is great if your looking for ink carts for your Epson or Canon printer, ink for my Canon I450 costs $.89 and $1.15 and for my Epson 785EPX is $2.12 and $2.55 shipping is $4.75 or if you spend $49 it's free."



I have ordered from megatoners a month ago for my Canon i450.

The service is actually quite good. Quick response and shipment.

Price is cheap than anywhere else.

But the ink quality is a concern.

Those ink from Megatoner jsut can not be compared with Rainbow brand,which I previous ordered from Monsterinkjet quite a while ago before they raise the price.

The photo print-outs have pale color with no details. Black never look black.

Those who is going to order from them for photo printing---be warned!



Megatoners sucks they ripped me off

I orderd the Lexmark 50 black cartridge for a P707 well nowhere in the description did they say it was REMANUFACTURED, ov course the first one was terribly bad then the second one was worse - they quit returning my emails and when I contested with Discover they claimed that they were never sent the defective one back. I sent Discover an affidavid swearing that I did send it but megatoners won.

Don't do business with these morons - use eBay and end up with the same product for a lot less

DamnoIT said: [Q]Megatoners sucks they ripped me off

I orderd the Lexmark 50 black cartridge for a P707 well nowhere in the description did they say it was REMANUFACTURED, ov course the first one was terribly bad then the second one was worse - they quit returning my emails and when I contested with Discover they claimed that they were never sent the defective one back. I sent Discover an affidavid swearing that I did send it but megatoners won.

Don't do business with these morons - use eBay and end up with the same product for a lot less


You bought a Lexmark printer <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border=0>

eBay doesn't come close on my Epson or Canon carts.


Tom

I've never had a problem with Megatoners.com, I've been ordering generic ink from them for my Canon printers for a few years now.

Well the "customer is always right" adage is good for marketing, but you have to admit, there are lots of people who would try to take advantage of a situation for their own gain.

The Megatoners debate pops up on here about once a month or so. I've ordered from them for about six months now for my Canon and have had no problems with the ink. The price is about $1 per cart and the shipping is 2-3 days.

HOWEVER, I agree that I wouldn't be printing photo's with the $1 ink, it's lower quality, but for just printing text and lots of web pages, homework, etc. it's a great deal.

I use the online print sites for photo's, you normally can't print quality prints cheaper than most of them can, especially when the free deals pop up so frequently.

Regarding megatoners I dont know since I have never ordered from them but for Epsons I know they are prone to head clogging if you dont use them. I used up an entire Epson original color cartridge by just cleaning the heads since I hadnt used the printer for 8 months and on second cartridge it finally started working right. The same thing never happened on my canon printers even after I used it after a year. I have used generic cartridges on canon without a problem but photo prints have not been so great like original cartridges.

I've ordered from Megatoners. Yeah, once in a while the cartridge is bad or doesn't work, but when you pay maybe $1/cartridge (for Canon), who cares. The ink may not be up the the manufacturers standards, but for me, it doesn't have to be perfect for most things.

Megatoners finally is now carrying HP #14 cartridges. I ordered a couple of those. They didn't used to have them and they are very hard to find, except for real HP cartridges, at $20-$35 each. I will try them and see how they are for 1/2 to 1/3 of the regular cost.

I've ordered Epson, Canon and HP cartridges from them a couple of times and while the ink quality was average, the customer service was terrible. The shipping charge that doesn't show up on the order confirmation was the first annoying thing and the Epson carts clog much more often then the originals, but it was tolerable given the prices. The clear canon carts from them seemed ok since you can see what you're getting. But the final straw was when an HP tricolor cart came with one of the colors either dried or permanently clogged. I called and was told to return it at my expense for a replacement or refund. Long story short, no replacement and no refund after several calls and e-mails over a couple of months, and I now shop with another vendor.

KuoH

Since this seems to be a good place for the general best price for ink discussion,

Has anyone tried Omnideal out of florida ?

Their prices are decent (not the cheapest) but they have free shipping for orders
over $10 which makes it very competetive. Feedback ? Comments about them & their
cartridges ?

Well, in spite of the concerns I've seen lately about Megatoners, I made the mistake of ordering from them again. Supporting 4 Epson printers. This was at least my 3rd order.

They didn't include an invoice in the box. I cannot figure out if there is some way to print out any invoice on the internet (it's a "Yahoo" store - well Yahoo THIS!). Some of the items I received were not the correct items, and I spent an hour or so trying to figure out what is what. Numbers on items don't match numbers I ordered, or quantities, and so on.

Their "customer service" was crappy and virtually useless! Takes a lot of nerve to call it "Customer Service"!.

I will never order from them again. I'll pay more for a place to send me the RIGHT items, or support me with a little CUSTOMER SERVICE, which Megatoner can't do!

How fast do they ship and do they send shipping notification? My card is already charged but I have not heard from them.

I ordered form megatoners on Sunday night and I recieved the ink already. They did not email a shipping notice. They just emailed a thank you for the order and it will ship soon. VERY FAST DELIVERY acrroos the country.

Do they ship by US Postal Service or by UPS/Fedex?

Mine came UPS

double post <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border=0>

Some of you are suggesting the Rainbow brands is better than the USA brand from Tyler Martin? Crappola if that is correct. I ordered two sets of cartridges off his eBay sales for my Canon and purposely chose the USA brand as I had read just the opposite information elsewhere. Also ordered 3 sets from Megatoners for the same printer. Received them quickly and exactly as ordered for under $13 total. Haven't tried eithers ink yet in this printer.

By the way, helped a lady with a clogged Epson 777 the other day. I tried numerous times to get the ink flowing from the factory cartridges with no luck. She ordered some from Megatoners and when they arrived she called me back to help. Managed to get ink flowing after three head cleanings and the test pages (as well as one picture we printed out) looked very good.

fidget13a said: [Q]Mine came UPS
Thanks -- mine just arrived via USPS regular mail.

I ordered from both Megatoners and TylerMartin. The order from TylerMartin arrived significantly faster -- two days cross-country -- via USPS Priority Mail.

The color cartridges (CTC brand) I got for my Canon i850 from Megatoners leaked and the ink bled badly.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014