Voting History
rated:
6,000 BTU Electronic Air Conditioner with Remote

$99.97
SPECIAL BUY
thru Jun 22

> Buy Online
> Add to Shopping List
Fixed-chassis air conditioner features 115-volt/15-AMP operation, 210 sq. ft. average cooling capacity and a 9.7 E.E.R. rating. Electronic controls include 3 cooling and 3 fan speeds, 12-hour timer and remote. Top-discharge style with rigid slide-out filter.
(809851)
Limited to stock on hand.

online it is higher priced.
Store SKU # 809851
Internet # 162506
Catalog # 100085310

Maytag«
Model M6X06F2A

Electronic touch controls plus full featured remote control. Room area: 200 sq. ft. 9.7 EER (Energy Efficiency Rating). 5-year in-home parts and labor warranty. 2 cooling and 2 fan speeds plus auto-cool and energy-save modes. Fits windows 19 in. to 36 in. wide, minimum 12-3/4 in. high. 24-hour on/off timer. 2-way adjustable air direction. Exchange only-no refunds. Slide-out filter for easy cleaning. Expandable side panels for a perfect window fit. Protective rear grille helps prevent coil damage. Painted, galvanized steel cabinet resists corrosion. 115 volt operation. Ultra-accurate thermostat.

Price: $124.00/ea
maytag

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have this - bought it last year - it is currently "cooling" my office. Suffice to say, it's not an impressive unit. It does cool, yes. But not as well as some of the other cheapo's I've picked up at HD over the last few years. Wait a few weeks, their deals get better.

Also, some power companies will give you rebates on Energy Star Appliances.

PrintingAssoc said: [Q]Also, some power companies will give you rebates on Energy Star Appliances.

los angeles dwp

IS this unit Energy Star Appliances? I don't see it anywhere.....

I think this deal maybe dead. pricing for the 6000 btu shows that its $124 + $34 shipping. if the 99 still exist please apply link. thanks

manifesto said: [Q]I think this deal maybe dead. pricing for the 6000 btu shows that its $124 + $34 shipping. if the 99 still exist please apply link. thanks

This is an in store price

Maybe you should clear the confusion by take out the buy online, add to shopping list part out. Makes it sound like I need to buy online and added to my shopping list :-p

I disagree, if you take the time to read the post, he's just making an illustration for you. Thanks for the post OP, I'm doing research on the best deal to performance.

This Maytag unit (made by Fedders) and a similar 5,000BTU model received the lowest rating in the test report from the July 2005 issue of Consumer Reports. Although it cooled OK, high noise was the reason for the low rating. Also, an EER of 9.7 does not qualify for an Energy Star rebate.

Consumer Reports "best-buy" in the 5,000-6,000 BTU range is the Frigidaire Model No. FAA067P7A, which Lowes is selling for $124. This model has an EER of 10.7, so it will qualify for an Energy Star rebate .

I also bought this unit a year ago, and it is quite poor...

The fan does not have enough speed, and it barely cools...

Very dissapointed...

its only 6000 BTU's, exactly what size rooms are you people trying to cool with this relatively weak unit? This thing is meant for smaller rooms and if said rooms are facing direct sunlight(especially sunset) then there isnt much it'll do anyway.

I was at my local HD and I saw a stack of these, as well as teh 8,000 BTU model, opened, at the returns desk. There were also signs posted on and around the return desk, as well as hand-outs, explaining they would not take returns on this or the 8,000 BTU model since Maytag offered an in-home service warranty. Obviously my local store was getting an awful lot of returns on these for them to bother with signs and hand-outs.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014