• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
ShaveMan Pro electric shaver (picture) is now only $3.84 on clearance at Wal-Mart B&M.

The ShaveMan Pro is a battery operated wet/dry shaver that actually shaves very well for its price. It comes with a cleaning brush and batteries. I bought one a few months ago at the regular price of about $6, and I was very surprised to find that this little shaver works better than my old Braun. Not only has it provided me with a respectably close shave, but it has worked well in the shower more than a few times. After nearly 3 months of almost daily use, it has held up wonderfully. When I saw them on clearance for $3.84, I had to grab one for the travel kit, one for daily use, and a few spares. The Wal-Mart on Herndon Ave. in Fresno, CA had several left on the shelf. Obviously, these won’t please everyone, but they are less than 1/4 the price of a replacement foil and cutter and have proven to be very dependable.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If anybody other than OP gets it please post here with the city.

Wallmart on W Wellesley in Spokane WA had them for 1 dollar last week. I got a few but have no idea if there are any left now.

double post.

Wal-Mart usually has them for less then $5. last time i got them for around $4. and they come with batteries. i use rechargeable batteries after the stock ones die. This is in New Braunfels TX

whats the difference between this and the regular shaveman? (bought that for $5 at WalMart last xmas)

The Pro is a wet/dry shaver and comes with a little brush to clean it. They are still $3.84 in the Fresno area which is a couple dollars less than the lesser non pro version. Funny.
yurgreat said: [Q]whats the difference between this and the regular shaveman? (bought that for $5 at WalMart last xmas)

It has an 'adjustable' trimmer as well. This is a bargain. The regular comes with a brush as well. I have the regular but can't find the wet/dry one.

I use one of these when I'm running late for work, and they work well. I cant vouche for daily use of this item, but at this price I'm going to pickup several for 'emergencies.'

Just a warning for anyone who doesn't shave every day or has fairly coarse hair -- these don't seem to work all that well (especially the trimmer). I picked one up for $1 a few weeks ago when I saw mention of them in another thread and was somewhat disappointed in what I got for my money (the only consolation being that at least it did come with 2 AA batteries).

Strange, this is the opposite of my experience. I have very thick hair, and this shaver does surprisingly well even after a few days of not shaving. It seems to cut better than my old Braun 5,000 series shaver. After a week or so of shaving the batteries do run down making it harder to cut through the rough stuff. You might try changing the batteries when you notice this. It does come with very cheap AAs. Maybe high mAh rechargeables would last better. I agree though about the trimmer. It's not the best one I've used. But come on, you talking about a $1 electric wet/dry shaver. Seems like a good deal to me.

Cebu said: [Q]Just a warning for anyone who doesn't shave every day or has fairly coarse hair -- these don't seem to work all that well (especially the trimmer). I picked one up for $1 a few weeks ago when I saw mention of them in another thread and was somewhat disappointed in what I got for my money (the only consolation being that at least it did come with 2 AA batteries).

badmojo said: [Q]Strange, this is the opposite of my experience. I have very thick hair, and this shaver does surprisingly well even after a few days of not shaving. It seems to cut better than my old Braun 5,000 series shaver. After a week or so of shaving the batteries do run down making it harder to cut through the rough stuff. You might try changing the batteries when you notice this. It does come with very cheap AAs. Maybe high mAh rechargeables would last better. I agree though about the trimmer. It's not the best one I've used. But come on, you talking about a $1 electric wet/dry shaver. Seems like a good deal to me.

My experiences were based on the initial 2 times trying it. The comparison to the Braun 5000 series might be relevant here, though -- I getting one of the lower-end Braun shavers a few years ago and having to immediately return it since the motor felt like it was coming close to stalling out while shaving (even when shaving while plugged in). Wound up using one of the high-RPM "ultra" shavers from Braun, since it's one of the few things that seems to work well for me. (main reason why I tried this was the charging circuit in my Braun died on me... wound up being much better suited by getting an external battery back from Radio Shack for $1.50 and soldering it on -- it's a little clumsier to hold, but at least it work)

Maybe I'm just a tougher case than most...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014