• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Trafficmaster Original Laminate Floor 1.27 - 1.97 per sqft (depending on design) at Home Depot

Looking to refloor kitchen and dining room. Anyone have experience with this stuff, good or bad?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Yep, just like the Armstrong I put in 3 years ago. Only 2 bad pieces from 5 cases.
I'd say it is a bit better than Lowes' Kronotex. I used the Tuscan cherry and it looks wonderful. Use the Pergo cherry transisions, a bit darker but still looks good.

wolfpack1 said: [Q]Trafficmaster Original Laminate Floor 1.27 - 1.97 per sqft (depending on design) at Home Depot

Looking to refloor kitchen and dining room. Anyone have experience with this stuff, good or bad?

Excellent stuff. We have the honey oak I think. I have installed Trafficmaster, Amrstrong, Pergo, and Uniboard. Out of all four I like the Trafficmaster the best. It was the easiest to install. Uniboard was terrible. Armstrong and Pergo gave me problems. If you tapped them together too hard, as in one good tap after they were already joined, the two boards would separate and not go back together seamlessly. Trafficmaster went together much better and the edges seem more durable. Personally though, I don't care for the sound dampening moisture barrier underlay at Home Depot . The silver gray thick expensive stuff at Lowe's works much better. I think it is Armstrong brand and I want to say it is around $40-$50 a roll.

If you aren't installing it yourself, then it really doesn't matter.

how much is this normally? is this as "hot" deal? i am thinking about flooring my finished basement.

As an advertised sale in the circular they had the lowest end Traffic Master for sale for $.97 a square feet. Bought 450 square feet worth today. Definitely a good deal (maybe not hot).. but decent..

If there is an IKEA in your area, check it out first. They have 15% off on almost everything, the laminate floor was as low as $0.85 per sq ft now with 10 yr warranty.

I just picked some up, 13 boxes 2 days ago. All the flooring that was in stock was 20% off. I asked the salesperson about the sale and for some reason this was not 20% off since it was already on sale, but after I was shown all the flooring I went back to the TrafficMaster and asked again and was able to get 20% off. I was able to get the TM original -Avalon Oak 21.135SF (per box) for $21.47, just a hair over $1.00 a SF. The warranty I got had a 25 Year Residential/Light Commercial. I put about 5 pieces together with no problem and they looked good as I laid them down on the floor I will be doing.

I picked up some today. I thought it was a great deal. The boxes I bought originally were $47.47 a box, divided by 15.93sf in the box=$2.97sf. I bought it for $23.53, making it $1.47sf. I'm not sure why the kind I bought was discounted so much, but I'm not complaining. The flooring is the TrafficMaster
Legacy Toast Oak Plank, Model 164381. Online it shows $37.98 a box; not sure why it was cheaper in-store (vegas).

Thanks

Was in my local HD today and they had this flooring for $.97 sq. ft. Unfortunately I didn't have time to check out all the details, but I did see stacks of this stuff all over. I'm going to head back tomorrow and check it out.

Can someone please comment on the quality of Trafficmaster? Is the Original line worth the extra money over the less costly line? Thanks.

i used this in my old house and it was okay. i then redid another room and bought the costso version which went togrther a bit easier and gave a better overall appearance (Less visible seams). since you are going to live with the floor for 10-20 years it probably make sense to spend a little more, figure it will only cost you a few pennies to upgrade when amortized over the life of the product.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014