• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
YMMV

Quantum Pro QP500K: Professional 8.5 AMP Reciprocating Saw--Manufactured by BLACK & DECKER (Sawzall-type saw)

Found this in the clearance section at WalMart (Stow, OH) for $30. There were 2 markdown stickers on the box, one saying "$54, inventory prep" and then one over it saying "$30, 11/1/05, was $69.83." I got the last two--one for myself and one for a Christmas gift!

Quantum Pro QP500K: Professional 8.5 AMP Reciprocating Saw
Manufactured by BLACK & DECKER
Powerful 8.5 Amp for fast, efficient cutting in the most demanding applications.
Tool free Quick Clamp for quick & easy blade changes.
Variable Speed ( 0-2400 SPM)
1 1/8 Stroke
Comes with 2 blades
Lightweight 6.8lbs for easier control and handling
Heavy duty carrying case
Soft grips to minimize vibration for added comfort & control.
This product is covered by a 3-year warranty from Black & Decker
MSRP: $99.00

Identical to the Black and Decker 8.5 Amp Firestormô Reciprocating Saw but a different color and the Quantum Pro has a 3 year warranty (rather than 2 years). Firestormô model currently $59.97 @ Lowes.com.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That sounds like a great deal. Thanks OP. Any more details on where the "clearance section" is at WalMart? Was it still in the tool/hardware area?

Burgin said: [Q]That sounds like a great deal. Thanks OP. Any more details on where the "clearance section" is at WalMart? Was it still in the tool/hardware area?
Our WalMart has a "clearance section" for that portion of the store (hardware, seasonal, housewares) in a separate short aisle which happens to be located directly next to the hardware section. All the items in the aisle have red-tag markdown stickers on them. I usually check the aisle every time I am at WalMart since I have found other great markdowns there before. It is obviously hit or miss. The items do ring up when scanned at the markdown price (on rare occasion they ring up lower than the markdown price). They often have a lot of drill bits, Dremel bits, and sometimes some power tools (usually Black and Decker). Yesterday, they did have a Firestorm drill as well but the price wasn't attractive enough for me since I already have a good cordless. I don't even recall the price.

Ok. Thanks for the details. The WalMart near me is huge.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014