• 1 234515
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
So How do I ship using Pitney Bowes for FREE????

Simple....you probably have a Paypal account right? If so you've probably used their shipping when you sell stuff. But what about those outside-of-eBay-or-paypal purchases?? (Like ones on half.com or Amazon.com?).

Its quite simple. Using your Paypal Account all you have to do is log in, and use this link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now (linky)

If you aren't particularly computer-saavy, you are probably wonder why this allows you to ship stuff without having received a payment. Simple...if you click the "ship" button in your account, you'll notice this exact link, but with a &info=somecrazymessofletters&numbers. That &info is the pre-filled out form information that allows it to fill out the address for you. By removing it, it simply doesn't fill it out and allows you to fill it out manually.

It works perfectly and bills through your paypal account. You can select it to take the payment from your paypal balance, a credit card or a bank account (if you are trustworthy enough to add one).

Pro's & Con's to this "Free" way of shipping

PRO:
1: Now you can ship all of your First-Class and Media-Mail stuff WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY SOME NONSENSE MONTHLY FEE!
2: You don't have to use USPS.com's confusing & chaotic website to ship Priority Mail & Express Mail
3: Easy-to-use Paypal interface doesn't require special software or sticker-labels. Just shove a peice of paper in your printer and it prints fine, no issues!

NEUTRAL (could be a pro or con, depends on you):
1: You HAVE to pay a $.13 delivery confirmation fee for First-class & Media-Mail, its required. In my eyes, this is a benefit since I would purchase it anyways from the post office. You never know what kind of people try to BS you and say they never received the item you shipped them. Thus using delivery confirmation can prevent someone from defrauding you. At the US Post Office it costs 55 cents to buy delivery confirmation for media mail or first-class mail, so 13 cents is a real savings!

CON:
1: You can't ship to Canada, UK, etc, only within the United States
unless you ship WITH UPS SHIPPING This means you'll still have to wait in line at the post office when you have to ship outside of the US.

But wait... It seems your can now ship international!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx SD!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Yeah, the 5% off is only on express shippers and not USPS.

JafafaHots (Oct. 05, 2007 @ 1:04a) |

Yeah, and I can't seem to find any way to add delivery confirmation for USPS delivery with the service. (not using prior... (more)

FreeJason (Oct. 05, 2007 @ 2:33a) |

Uh, are Senior Members now exempt from reading the threads??

It's clearly explained there, my friend!

DavidRiley (Oct. 22, 2007 @ 1:14a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

repost?

Also note that first class itmes must be in rigid packaging or at least .75" thick or USPS will charge the recipient for the balance to make it a priority mail shipment. This has been noted in the Online Auctions forum...

is this legal?

Why waste your time?

DsNRaY said: repost?

Don't forget free pickup, just call the post office 800 number to schedule.

I'm an eBay store owner and use this all the time. Not sure if it's hot or totally free but it is convenient. 13 cents for delivery confirmation is a mandatory fee, tho providing a nice feature, you may not want to pay it. There is no fee for delivery confirmation on priority mail however.

I find the supply store nice cause I can order free priority boxes shipped free in 25 count boxes.

so what happened to the old thread like this one?

and, i tried to do this the other day and i had $0.00 in paypal, and i couldnt do it. so you have to have the money already in there right?

DsNRaY said: repost?

RETRACTED

Yes, this is a repost, but thank you, because last week's thread has vanished and I was trying to find the link!

nm

ScrawneyWallet said: Kalun47 said: DsNRaY said: repost?

If you're going to say repost, let's see the orginal link!

if not, shut your hole

He didn't say, "repost." He said, "repost?" And don't be so rude. It's Christmastime!

I retract my previous statement.

I wish the mods would edit out all this repost talk and just keep in the good information. Watchu think?

AUTigersGrad said: So How do I ship using Pitney Bowes for FREE????

PRO:
1: Now you can ship all of your First-Class and Media-Mail stuff WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY SOME NONSENSE MONTHLY FEE!
2: You don't have to use USPS.com's confusing & chaotic website to ship Priority Mail & Express Mail
3: Easy-to-use Paypal interface doesn't require special software or sticker-labels. Just shove a peice of paper in your printer and it prints fine, no issues!

Thanx SD!

Let me add a few more CONs:

2. PayPal shipping works only on IE. Enough said. With all the money they're making I'm sure then can hire a competent programmer to make this part of PayPal standards-complient.

3. Their labels are UGLY. Why can't they generate nice, sharp labels like the USPS site does?

Overall, I agree that having the ability to print 1st class amd Media labels is nice. I'm sure that in the near future USPS will do that too.

And a question to the OP: why do you find the USPS site confusing and ugly? It's a very well laid out, very fast, and prints highest-quality labels. For example, on PayPal you can't go back, or cancel a label once you've printed it. Just for that I never use PayPal to ship Priority, the USPS site is much nicer. PayPal's looks like it designed by a retard and their lables look they were drawn in crayons.

iwearnosox were you hired by PayPal to design their shipping site?

Did the original thread from last week also have a "thanks SD"?

ScrawneyWallet said: Yes, this is a repost, but thank you, because last week's thread has vanished and I was trying to find the link!

Yeah. This is great info. Mod should keep it.

ArgoNavis said: AUTigersGrad said: So How do I ship using Pitney Bowes for FREE????

PRO:

Thanx SD!

2. PayPal shipping works only on IE. Enough said. With all the money they're making I'm sure then can hire a competent programmer to make this part of PayPal standards-complient.

3. Their labels are UGLY. Why can't they generate nice, sharp labels like the USPS site does?

Overall, I agree that having the ability to print 1st class amd Media labels is nice. I'm sure that in the near future USPS will do that too.
That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day. It's a mailing label, who cares what it looks like? IE is a tool, I'm sure you have more than one screwdriver in your house.

Yeah, saw this topic posted here a while back ... Was searching for that old post ...

iwearnosox said: ArgoNavis said:

That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day. It's a mailing label, who cares what it looks like? IE is a tool, I'm sure you have more than one screwdriver in your house.

Some people may be collecting printed labels... Ya never know. HEH

bump. thanks for the tip. double green for you.

i pointed this out quite awhile ago... in online auctions i believe. I've been using it for along time and have had no problems...

right here

YOU FREAKIN ROCK! I cant tell you how priceless this info is!

I wished for something like this EVERYTIME I ship items that have sold via Amazon!

Thanks x 1000!!!!!

IE is a BAD tool. Sure, I have tools around the house, some Chinese-made crap that is about as strong as cardboard (read, IE), and some nice Xcel tools that are strong, secure, and always work (i.e. Firefox).

Repost

ship

IE is a BAD tool. Sure, I have tools around the house, some Chinese-made crap that is about as strong as cardboard (read, IE), and some nice Xcel tools that are strong, secure, and always work (i.e. Firefox). So whenever I need to ship using PayPal, I have to fire my laptop and boot in WinXP to ship. All my important work is done in Linux.

ArgoNavis said:

Works fine with me on Netscape (versions 7 and now 8)...maybe you should hire a "competent" guide to help you out.

As for Ugly....thats your opinion.

NoDiscount said: iwearnosox said: ArgoNavis said:

Some people may be collecting printed labels... Ya never know. HEH
He's probably the same guy that's at the post office deciding what design stamp he wants as 20 people stand behind him waiting to get on their lives. "Ooooh, flowers, can I see those, too?"

ThornnSpear said: Also note that first class itmes must be in rigid packaging or at least .75" thick or USPS will charge the recipient for the balance to make it a priority mail shipment. This has been noted in the Online Auctions forum...

Is this true? I used this paypal shipping to mail some of my rebates already.... I thought the delivery confirmation would be a nice feature.

gatoridp said: ThornnSpear said: Also note that first class itmes must be in rigid packaging or at least .75" thick or USPS will charge the recipient for the balance to make it a priority mail shipment. This has been noted in the Online Auctions forum...

Is this true? I used this paypal shipping to mail some of my rebates already.... I thought the delivery confirmation would be a nice feature.

just stick them in a $.25 padded mailer...

gatoridp said: ThornnSpear said: Also note that first class itmes must be in rigid packaging or at least .75" thick or USPS will charge the recipient for the balance to make it a priority mail shipment. This has been noted in the Online Auctions forum...

Throw a piece of 1" foam or some packing peanuts in to make it compliant.

Another CON is that there is no place to put the email of the recipient. Instead, USPS will send two emails to you, and one is supposed to go to the recipient. You have to forward the email to the recipient instead. Besides, USPS email system sometimes is not reliable.

ArgoNavis said: PayPal shipping works only on IE. Enough said.
WFM using Firefox 1.0.7.
What strange browser are you trying to use?

knighthawke said:

Works fine with me on Netscape (versions 7 and now 8)...maybe you should hire a "competent" guide to help you out.

Yep, that's an opinion, take it or don't And I don't use Netscape, they've fallen behind Firefox in usability, interface and customization (opinion again). So I will flame any site that supports a particular browser only (the worst browser in the world, too).

anyone know how to get the prefilled fields to populate when filling the paypal shipping form? (using op's original link?)

Excellent! this's also what I'm looking for.

Yep, you cannot stick DC on 1st class or Media item unless it's 3/4" thick. The easiest way to do it is to put a single packing peanut inside the envelope.

You should try the new Version 8. Can use a firefox or an ie engine depending on what you choose for individual sites. I have zero problems with it.

garsh said: ArgoNavis said: PayPal shipping works only on IE. Enough said.
WFM using Firefox 1.0.7.
What strange browser are you trying to use?

I'm using Firefox 1.5 on a Linux machine (well it doesn't work on a Windows machine either). PayPal say they support IE only, and the fatc that it may work on something else is purely by accident

ArgoNavis said: knighthawke said:

Yep, that's an opinion, take it or don't And I don't use Netscape, they've fallen behind Firefox in usability, interface and customization (opinion again). So I will flame any site that supports a particular browser only (the worst browser in the world, too).

Agree.

How long has this bug been discovered? I'm just afraid that someday PayPal may sniff into our discussion and fix the bug on this API.

Skipping 553 Messages...
zjts said: "So How do I ship using Pitney Bowes for FREE????

This means I still pay for shipping but the Pitney Bowes service is free?

Uh, are Senior Members now exempt from reading the threads??

It's clearly explained there, my friend!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014