• filter:
  • 1 234516
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I'm just tired of seeing tons of posts & reposts of the same promo code so I thought this would be a nice little consolidation that everyone could refer to when/if they need it.

Please use the Quick Summary to add/update. Don't forget 15% FC!!!

Moderator Comment: Check out the Official Master Thread of "Official Store Threads" here. — Feb. 10, 2010 @ 5:44pm
Restaurant.com
Need a Restaurant.com coupon that earns Up to 7.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

Restaurant.com Coupons (29.59kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
TODAY ONLY "1 Day Sale"
$4 buys a $25 gift certificate

PROMO CODE: TASTY

Offer valid from Friday, June 28, 1:00AM PST thru ... (more)

iowahawkeye (Jun. 28, 2013 @ 1:59p) |

$25 certs for $4 use code RETAILMENOT good till 08/27/13

h2oefx (Aug. 26, 2013 @ 12:26p) |

DEAL - $25.00 Gift Certificates for $6.00. Exp. 7/11/2014

Revenant (Jul. 10, 2014 @ 3:35p) |

For stores that we have a relationship with, we've been able to set up a special area of the quick summary to auto-update with all the latest codes provided directly to us. Our list might not contain every code out there, so please feel free to add any that are not listed by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message. Also please let us know if you are aware of a coupon that is no longer valid.

Here is a link to the latest reply at the end of this thread.

Current FC 10%, not 15%, as of 11-09-2013
Coupon Codes

DEAL
 - $25.00 Gift Certificates for $6.00. Exp. 7/11/2014
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Call the restaurant before you buy gc or dine and ask if they accept GC's from restaurant.com

I see this tip a lot and it confuses me: are there restaurants that restaurant.com sells certificates to that aren't authorized by the restaurants or something? If they're on restaurant.com haven't they made some kind of agreement with the website?

rated:
Thanks OP. Having one consildated place for codes should work well.

Out of curiosity, do you think the restaurants see any of the money that the end user spends on the gift certificate, or is restaurant.com's deal with the various restaurants amount to nothing more than advertising for the restaurants?

rated:
ragaskar said: Call the restaurant before you buy gc or dine and ask if they accept GC's from restaurant.com

I see this tip a lot and it confuses me: are there restaurants that restaurant.com sells certificates to that aren't authorized by the restaurants or something? If they're on restaurant.com haven't they made some kind of agreement with the website?

It's a good idea to check the restaurant out, either through their website or by phone. I was going to buy a certificate to Laneez in San Francisco since we plan to visit the city. When I checked the restaurant website, I found that they've been closed down since October due to sewage water coming to the restaurant from a hotel nearby. I called couple weeks ago seeing their GC is still offered on restaurant.com to see if may be they reopened - but the phone number was disconnected. I guess if you know your local restaurants well, then it would not be a problem.

rated:
ragaskar said: Call the restaurant before you buy gc or dine and ask if they accept GC's from restaurant.com

this happens quite a bit. I'll walk into a restaurant, and the scum owner will say they no longer accept the coupon. They may have changed their mind, or they no longer do business with restaurant.com but left the coupon on the site. They are not required to accept the coupon if they don't want to.

rated:
I use restaurant.com alot here and it works flawlessly at my favorite restaurant!
Great idea to put the codes all in one place!
-Twinky

rated:
Just got back from eatting a great lunch using the gc. Great idea OP.

rated:
the 2 restaurants thast were closest to me that i used to use coupons at regularly both went OOB in less than 6 months after they were posted. sad but true.

rated:
5. Beware of restaurant.com's refund policy if you hold these for a long time and a restaurant closes or drops out of the program. You will be issued a credit for your purchase price, but not permitted to use a new coupon code to purchase a replacement. That $10 certificate that you purchase for $5 today will cost you another $5 to replace. Moral of the story...use them soon after you purchase them.

Respectuflly, I do not believe this is true. I had two certificates from to two different restaurants that went OOB, and R.COM simply replaced it with certificates of the same value to another restaurant. I think poster confused it with their policy that they won't allow you to use discount code twice.

I.e. you buy a $25 value cert for $10 and use 50% so you actually pay $5. Then say place goes oob and r.com gives you credit for the unused cert. So you basically get $10 credit (b/c that's how much another $25 cert would cost), but you won't be able to use 50% off again, and use the $10 credt to buy two certificates.

So in other words, if you hold a $25 value cert to a place that went oob, r.com will replace it with another $25 value certificate to any other place without any problem, but during replacement, you cannot use any additional discounts.

So it is fair, and no need to use certificate immediately.

rated:
can you just buy the $25 restaurant.com gc for $10 bucks and use that to buy a gc?

rated:
linedrivekid123 said: can you just buy the $25 restaurant.com gc for $10 bucks and use that to buy a gc?

Doubt it.

rated:
linedrivekid123 said: can you just buy the $25 restaurant.com gc for $10 bucks and use that to buy a gc?

... and perpetually build up a nice little fortune?

No. GC is to be used to cover a check for dining, usually dine-in only, and usually the check has to be $35+... nice try...

rated:
I have saved a small fortune using restaurant.com......and dont forget FatCash

rated:
Has anyone actually received smaller portions when using the GC? Just seems like urban legend. Actual food costs in a restaurant are really not that high to make a difference and they would potentially turn away a repeat customer.

rated:
Upon looking at the site, some restaurants actually say "must present prior to ordering". Hmm.

rated:
Good idea PT! And thanks for the credit. So when someone has a code, they just post it in the QS?

Lonchik said: 5. Beware of restaurant.com's refund policy if you hold these for a long time and a restaurant closes or drops out of the program.
Respectuflly, I do not believe this is true...

Tip #5 was added by another member. I personally have not run into this type of problem.

bh2006 said: Has anyone actually received smaller portions when using the GC?
YMMV.

rated:
Lonchik said:

Respectuflly, I do not believe this is true. I had two certificates from to two different restaurants that went OOB, and R.COM simply replaced it with certificates of the same value to another restaurant. I think poster confused it with their policy that they won't allow you to use discount code twice.
I am the author of tip #5. This happened to me as described twice, most recently last spring. Maybe RDC has changed the policy?

rated:
BTW, I have a topic alert set for restaurant.com. Putting all of the codes in this thread will break my topic alert by preventing me from receiving emails when new codes are issued!

Here's hoping this thread DOES NOT catch on.

rated:
None of these ever work anywhere in West Texas.. However, we are going to vegas and I picked up one of the 50% off at Ben and Jerrys ice cream. We will give it a try...

rated:
bh2006 said: Has anyone actually received smaller portions when using the GC? Just seems like urban legend. Actual food costs in a restaurant are really not that high to make a difference and they would potentially turn away a repeat customer.

no..but i have seen that there is a mistake on the reciept every time at some places (charged dinner prices during lunch hours, randomly throwing additional drinks on the tab) needless to say, that place is oob now

rated:
excoriatorb said: BTW, I have a topic alert set for restaurant.com. Putting all of the codes in this thread will break my topic alert by preventing me from receiving emails when new codes are issued!

Here's hoping this thread DOES NOT catch on.

subscribe to topic rather than gett topic alert

rated:
excoriatorb said: Lonchik said:

I am the author of tip #5. This happened to me as described twice, most recently last spring. Maybe RDC has changed the policy?

If you used a credit card (not debit card) you could easily have your bank charge back the amount for non-receipt of goods or services. The charge back is based on when you were to receive the goods or service and not when the charge hit your card so the 60 day dispute window starts when you were going to use the certificate.

Also, in my experience, when you use the word "Charge Back", it tends to get the attention of the merchant.

rated:
Heheh...we were in a hurry to go somewhere for lunch today, decided to try one of the three places locally on restaurant.com, and purchased a 50% off certificate for one of them. When we got there, the restaurant was out of business. Guess I shouldn't have been in such a hurry after all and tried to contact them as suggested earlier in this thread. Hopefully restaurant.com will take care of it quickly.

rated:
Another 50% off code from this thread. Code: 53649, Expires 1/31/06. Thanks to robinso123.

rated:
excoriatorb said: I am the author of tip #5. This happened to me as described twice, most recently last spring. Maybe RDC has changed the policy?

Perhaps, though I think it was always like that. Free of any insinuations on my part, make sure your math works out indeed the way you think it does. Essentially, whatever GC face value you had after purchase is what you should have after cashing in your Mega Certificates (ones you get after unused certificates are returned due to oob), without any additional charge from R.COM. So you if had spent $X to get certificates totalling $Y, after all exchanges you should have certificates totalling $Y.

If that's not the case, contact R.COM to resolve the matter. You should not experience any loss due to merchant's OOB!

Having said that, it may nevertheless be a good idea not to keep GC's for too long in case R.COM itself goes out of biz... (I however have some GC's that I had for about 6 month - just hadn't had a chance to use them, but purchased them b/c of rare 60% off).

rated:
eb50 said: subscribe to topic rather than gett topic alertThis is what the mod suggested when I mod alerted to request a lock for this topic. I don't WANT to get friggin' daily PMs every time some goombah posts to comment on RDC's deals - I only want to get alerted about NEW codes. I'm hopping mad that OP took it upon him/herself to "tidy up" a topic that was perfectly fine before!

It will be a major PITA to separate the wheat (discount codes) from the chaff (posts about everything else) in this thread, unless something like the Rolling Thunder feature is added.

rated:
dkonarska said: If you used a credit card (not debit card) you could easily have your bank charge back the amount for non-receipt of goods or services. The charge back is based on when you were to receive the goods or service and not when the charge hit your card so the 60 day dispute window starts when you were going to use the certificate. IIRC, it was more than 60 days later that the restaurants went OOB. I think I'd have trouble making a case here. RDC technically provided identical cash value, but its rules forbade using that equivalent value in the same discounted way, so it wasn't equivalent cash value. I wouldn't expect much sympathy from my CC company.

rated:
Used a certificate this afternoon. We buy them frequently, maybe once a week. I've never had a problem with them.Good Luck

rated:
Just looked at my Rest@urant.com account and found out that over time I've bought about three dozens of certificates from them. (Since I only buy them at 50% or 60% discount any math major out there is welcome to estimate how much money I have "saved.") Despite some ups and downs my experience was mostly positive, and I'm going to keep using Rest@urant.com as long as it stays in business.

Well, here are my two cents:
<ZMonet said:> Out of curiosity, do you think the restaurants see any of the money that the end user spends on the gift certificate, or is restaurant.com's deal with the various restaurants amount to nothing more than advertising for the restaurants?No! Rest@urant.com gets all the money. Rest@urant.com used to have merchant agreement posted on their website that said this pretty explicitly. If you look at their brochure it's clear that all the restaurant's owner gets is "advertisement" and "new clients." That's why you should not expect to be able to use more then one certificate at a time, or use it to buy a gift card. The same agreement used to contain a clause that once a merchant refuses to accept a valid certificate, he/she becomes liable for all business Rest@urant.com potentially loses from that particular customer. This of course sounds very harsh, but I wish to see this enforced by any court. <ragaskar said:>are there restaurants that restaurant.com sells certificates to that aren't authorized by the restaurants or something? If they're on restaurant.com haven't they made some kind of agreement with the website?Like I've said there is an agreement, but the owner may change his(her) mind, or the owner him(her)self may change. I believe legally restaurant must accept a certificate. However I'm not likely to call police or take the owner to the court in case of refusal. I would pay the full price and tell the owner what scum he(she) is. In my practice however, there was just one instance when a merchant refused to accept a certificate. At the same time I've had some of my certificates accepted even after restaurants have stopped selling new ones. <excoriatorb said:> Beware of restaurant.com's refund policy if you hold these for a long time and a restaurant closes or drops out of the program. You will be issued a credit for your purchase price, but not permitted to use a new coupon code to purchase a replacement. That $10 certificate that you purchase for $5 today will cost you another $5 to replace. Moral of the story...use them soon after you purchase them.Sorry, but all this talk about losing money is b@llsh@t! If you buy a $25 for $5 (that is for $10 with 50% code) and then get a refund, it will be for $10. You can then go and get a new $25 certificate. Moreover you can use it even when there is no valid 50% code available. Of course the sooner you use a certificate, the less likely you run into a problem.

Here are the few principles I use deciding when to buy or not to buy a certificate.
1. Do not buy if it says "show before order."
2. Do not buy if there is no info about the restaurant or the place appears shady. (Like a mexican restaurant selling sushi.)
3. Do not buy if you would absolutely not pay the full price at that place.
4. Look at the menu. If you won't be spending at least $35 don't buy. If you won't be spending at least the required minimum before drinks don't buy either.
These are my personal rules but they work really well for me.

Bon appetit!

rated:
I'm am getting SO sick of restaurant.com e-mails. I swear they send one every single day. This post has instigated me to finally do something about it, and I'm unsubscribing. They are the worst spammers I've ever seen, even if they ARE offering you a coupon code.

rated:
excoriatorb said: dkonarska said: If you used a credit card (not debit card) you could easily have your bank charge back the amount for non-receipt of goods or services. The charge back is based on when you were to receive the goods or service and not when the charge hit your card so the 60 day dispute window starts when you were going to use the certificate. IIRC, it was more than 60 days later that the restaurants went OOB. I think I'd have trouble making a case here. RDC technically provided identical cash value, but its rules forbade using that equivalent value in the same discounted way, so it wasn't equivalent cash value. I wouldn't expect much sympathy from my CC company.

Your CC company is there to protect you. If they are not then they are not doing their job and should be reported to the product issuer (e.g. Visa, MasterCard, etc.). I know this because I handled disputes for the bank I worked for for 8 years. This is why I always use my credit card for everything because I can dispute it if something goes wrong. This is doubly important with car repair.

BTW - It's not your job to keep track of when a restaurant goes out of business. The bottom line is that the certificate was good for 1 year (except CA) and it was no longer viable. Your CC company would not think twice about charging that back.

rated:
Can a party for two each use a certificate or is it only 1 to a table?

rated:
1 per "party." even if 2 couples are sittng at diff tables, you're only supposed to use 1. but if you sit at diff tables & dont talk then its possible.

rated:
To happysaver: I strenuously object to you falsely attributing my name to the quote that not only I was not the author of, but also, like you, questioned its merits. The true author, by his or her own admission, is excoriatorb, and I would appreciate if you edit your post to clear my name.

rated:
To Lonchik: My bad. Please accept my sincere apology.

rated:
happysaver: Thanks... (Hope the smily faces gave away that the language was meant jokingly and satirically)

rated:
I just received notification today that one of the restaurants for which I hold certs went out of business. I followed the refund procedure and received a $25 credit for the $25 certificate, redeemable at a site called theidealmeal.com, which is identical to RDC, except that everything is undiscounted. $10 and $25 certs are sold at face value. 50% off certs are sold for $5.

This is different from and and improvement over the refund experience I had a year ago. I have removed the old information from the wiki.

rated:
Hmm, too bad there are NO restaurantes within 100miles of where I live that accept restaurant.com stuff. Now if I could find applebees, tony romas, or red lobster coupones

rated:
Code: 89500 60% Exp 1/31/06. Thanks to Bubblesld

Skipping 572 Messages...
rated:
DEAL - $25.00 Gift Certificates for $6.00. Exp. 7/11/2014

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014