• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
We're finishing our basement, so I decided to pick up some insulation for sound control. Menards is having a sale until the end of the week on certain types of insulation, one being R-11 @ 50sq. ft for $9.99 (marked down, but I'm not sure of the original price). Going up to the checkout, they have a sign for a rebate when purchasing Johns Manville insulation. Rebate amounts are:

Purchase Amt / Rebate Amt
$250-499 / $75.00
$500-749 / $150.00
$750-999 / $225.00
$1000-1249.99 / $300
$1250+ / $375

ALSO - there is a tax credit come tax time for purchasing insulation. You get a tax credit for 10% of the purchase up to $500. Info

So, for your hypothetical savings:
$250 - $25 (10% tax credit) - $75 (rebate) = $150
Even more saved if you can get Menards to take a coupon from a competitor (HD or Lowes). First time posting a deal, so try not to shoot the messenger.

Oldschool

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

HOT, thanks for posting OP! My parents are rehabbing a cottage they recently purchased and were just complaining about how much it was going to cost to insulate it correctly. This will be hot with a HD 10% off coupon!

Thanks!
-Ed

Don't get too excited about Bush's Federal rebate.

Any work done has to meet 2000 IECC & Amendments. If you look into that, you'll see it means the structure has to have 6" of quality insulation on the outside walls (at least in this region) which makes the credit useless in our old drafty house with 2 X 4 construction. Blown insulation, typical for upgrading our type of house, won't qualify.

Most anyplace built with 2 X 6 walls would be modern construction and already insulated.

What a bunch of bunk Bush dribbles for the small guy. This credit's really good for the construction industry building new homes. It would be good for windows and a few other things, but should be much more inclusive.

PS - I just confirmed with the local Menards (Bellevue, Nebraska) that they DO accept competitor's coupons.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014