• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
While at Lowes today at the Central Milwaukee location, I came across the Poulan Pro PP4218AV for $118.97. Lowes no longer has this on their website, so Amazon was linked for image and features viewing. I had originally planned on getting the Husky 455, but I couldn't justify the price for the amount I would use it; I had decided on the 46cc Poulan as I found a couple decent reviews on it (though there are bad ones as well...) While I was at Lowes, I came across this one. It is a 42cc with everything the 46 had, except the engine and chain size. For the very casual user, this is a decent saw. There were 2 left while I was there today. Also, I used a 10% HomeDepot coupon and paid with Dealpass GCs, so my total was $85.66 before tax. Any comination of those can reduce the clearance price further. Probably a big YMMV, but worth the look if you happen to to be shopping for one and live near a Lowes.

Member Summary
It's a chain saw!
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It's a decent deal, but like several people said at the Amazon link - when/if you get it started. I had one of those too... a 20 incher with a mood issue that drove me nuts. And yes, I know how to deal with gas/oil and no I am not dumb enough to use starting fluid on a 2 stroke (I about dropped my jaw on that reviewer's comment!)

Sometimes you just plain get what you pay for. I sold mine in last years garage sale... don't miss it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014