• filter:
  • 123 4 553
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Were these sold by HSN a couple of years ago?

rated:
Picked one up in Princeton, it was the last one of the shelf. It was priced 112, but rang up 98. Thanks!

rated:
keeley said: Were these sold by HSN a couple of years ago?

Everything I've read about the Hoover Fusion indicates it's been a Wal*Mart/Sam's Club exclusive since it was released.

rated:
I bought the vacuum last week for $112 and just went back to get it adjusted. The CSRs told me their policy does not allow them to do adjustments, so I went to the shelf, bought a new one, and just returned the new one with my old receipt. They looked at me like I was the cheapest man on earth. Hey, $14 ($15 with tax) can buy a lot, especially for FWers.

rated:
I'd have done the exact same thing.

rated:
Ditto..! The only difference was that I bought this 2 months back for $112!

binhh said: I bought the vacuum last week for $112 and just went back to get it adjusted. The CSRs told me their policy does not allow them to do adjustments, so I went to the shelf, bought a new one, and just returned the new one with my old receipt. They looked at me like I was the cheapest man on earth. Hey, $14 ($15 with tax) can buy a lot, especially for FWers.

rated:
Shipping was fast from WalMart.com. Suction is very good as others have reported. I would prefer a longer hose for the extension as this one is way to short for more than just a couple of stairs. Also the extensions and crevice tool aren't very thick plastic so they don't feel sturdy, but for under $100 with good suction for carpet, I'm satisfied. Thanks again, OP.

rated:
Can anybody who bought the Fusion Plus from Sams Club describe the "bare floor tool"? Does it work well on the bare floor? I found out that my sister-in-law has a membership, so I can possibly get one of the Plus models.

rated:
How long can you get the price match, I just found my receipt today for the $112.88.

rated:
Yo Ma-Ma said: How long can you get the price match, I just found my receipt today for the $112.88.

90 days is their return policy. if not price-match - just return , re-buy.

rated:
hedwigdaowl said: 90 days is their return policy. if not price-match - just return , re-buy.

Or do as binhh did - re-buy and return!

rated:
RobD said: Can anybody who bought the Fusion Plus from Sams Club describe the "bare floor tool"? Does it work well on the bare floor? I found out that my sister-in-law has a membership, so I can possibly get one of the Plus models.
Photo
Haven't tried it yet so don't know how well it works. It looks just like everybody's bare floor attachment - basically a fixed brush, similar to an upholstery brush but larger and more rectangular. The reason to have one is that you don't want to use a beater and risk scratching the floor. You hook it on the end of the extension wand.

rated:
Another great FW deal. $99 Confirmed @ Mountain view,CA.

I was truly amazed by the sheer volume of dust/hair it picked up.
I ran my old 4 year old Eureka boss lite for 3 sweeps (at least) before
attempting this one. No more funky dusty smell in the apt.

Wify did not want to let go the old one since it said it was lite.
But she was very impressed when I showed her the results.

Couldn't be happier. Thanks op and fw ! Green.

rated:
I was told by my local WalMart that price adjustments had to be done within 7 days but as a courtesy they would do this one time for me. (my purhcase was 11 days ago). Thanks op for keeping us updated on the falling price

rated:
I went to my local Wal*Mart in Dallas and they had a ton left. It looks like they still haven't changed the price yet. As with the report about this releasing emission, it is true. After vacuuming for only a little bit, I check the black filter and it was all covered with white dust. I wonder what they were thinking when they didn't include a HEPA filter. Also, can you just was the black filters included instead of replacing it?

rated:
Atrac said: keeley said: Were these sold by HSN a couple of years ago?

Everything I've read about the Hoover Fusion indicates it's been a Wal*Mart/Sam's Club exclusive since it was released.

Thanks for the response. It looks just like one my husband bought for me from HSN a couple of years ago. I can't find the one he got me on the HSN website anymore - it had horrible reviews and I chastised him for purchasing something without researching it and asking me first. It was a piece of crap! To aggravate the situation further my husband threw the box out immediately. We couldn't even return it. I'm not sure who he gave it to, but he had to get rid of it because the sight of it just aggravated me. I have owned quite a few vacuums and have yet to find one that I am truly happy with. Still haven't tried the Dyson. I'd be interested in knowing what my fellow fatwalleters think about the fusion after using it for a couple of months.

rated:
just bought one for $99 and used it. it did smell more than other vacuums but it could've been because it was used for the first time. im not sure if the smell was dust or just motors and parts running for the first time. it did pick up a lot of stuff though, i guess a little smell or emission is ok if all that stuff is being picked up.

rated:
I picked this vacuum out for my mom when it first came out. It picks up great. However emptying the bin is a pain if you have animals or alot of carpet fiber. About a week or so ago it became very loud and is vibrating. My dad or I will be taking it apart to see if something is just loose or if it is actually broken.(It still seems to suck as good as ever.) Also note that we hadn't used it a whole lot.
For the mean time I bought a Bissell PowerTrak Bagless Revolution that seems to pick up just as well and the dust bin is much easier to empty.

rated:
I bought one of these about a year ago for $100 (display model) and it still works like new. The only bad thing is its messy to empty but that goes for most bagless vacs. When I empty it I also use an air hose to blow it out every so often to get it super clean.

rated:
According to consumerresearch.com, Hoover Fusion puts more dust back to the air. Has any one with severe allergy tried it? I almost bought it last weekend on my rare trip to a WalMart just to see how it looks like.

In some recent emissions testing, several upright vacuums scored poorly for emissions, despite filtration claims. The Hoover Fusion (*est. $130) bagging upright vacuum "spins dirt and dust right out of the air," according to the manufacturer. Yet in testing, it had one of the highest emission rates of any vacuum tested. That means a significant amount of dust escaped during vacuuming. This is a big problem for allergy suffers, but emissions are also a problem for anyone, since you're putting dust right back into the room you've just cleaned.

rated:
I got one and have had it for about 2 weeks now. It did pick up a lot and does seem to have high suction. Havent tried emptying yet - will do that tomorrow. The cons that I noticed is that the attachements arent really that easy to use. The hose isnt that flexible and somewhat short. I used to vacuum my stairs with the vacuum on the bottom and reach the top step easily but this doesnt make it all the way. Also, it does kind of tip over when using the attachements. Also, it really doesnt have great edge cleaning. You need to use the narrow attachement to get the carpet on the edge of the wall.
Also, I like to vacuum my kitchen floor before mopping it down and it didnt seem to pick up a lot on the linoleum even on the low carpet/hard floor setting.
Will see how the emptying goes tomorrow.
So far it is an ok vaccuum. Some improvement needed.
What does everyone else think after having it for a few weeks?

rated:
Just give in and pick it up today. The hose is a bit short. The attachment works great on the door edges and door moldings. Suction is definitly a plus. Emptying is easy. If only they make an extension for this, then it will be perfect.

rated:
rinconshop said: According to consumerresearch.com, Hoover Fusion puts more dust back to the air. Has any one with severe allergy tried it? I almost bought it last weekend on my rare trip to a WalMart just to see how it looks like.

In some recent emissions testing, several upright vacuums scored poorly for emissions, despite filtration claims. The Hoover Fusion (*est. $130) bagging upright vacuum "spins dirt and dust right out of the air," according to the manufacturer. Yet in testing, it had one of the highest emission rates of any vacuum tested. That means a significant amount of dust escaped during vacuuming. This is a big problem for allergy suffers, but emissions are also a problem for anyone, since you're putting dust right back into the room you've just cleaned.

That's why I didnt buy it. That's a big no-no. I would rather the suction be half has much and I have to go over the surface noce more, than to have it blow a bunch of dust in the air to deposit all over the things in my house, and in my electronics and my lungs.

rated:
I also was shopping for a vacuum two months ago and I searched quite a bit about this vacuum. I found that there are quite a few people saying disposing dirt out of the container is a mess. You will need grab out dirt instead of them falling off automatically. Just for that reason, I went to buy a refurbished dyson DC14 for $240. I really was looking for an alternative but I think the fusion need some improvements.

rated:
amountee said: I got one and have had it for about 2 weeks now. It did pick up a lot and does seem to have high suction. Havent tried emptying yet - will do that tomorrow. The cons that I noticed is that the attachements arent really that easy to use. The hose isnt that flexible and somewhat short. I used to vacuum my stairs with the vacuum on the bottom and reach the top step easily but this doesnt make it all the way. Also, it does kind of tip over when using the attachements. Also, it really doesnt have great edge cleaning. You need to use the narrow attachement to get the carpet on the edge of the wall.
Also, I like to vacuum my kitchen floor before mopping it down and it didnt seem to pick up a lot on the linoleum even on the low carpet/hard floor setting.
Will see how the emptying goes tomorrow.
So far it is an ok vaccuum. Some improvement needed.
What does everyone else think after having it for a few weeks?

I love the suction on this. But emptying the container of the dust is beginnin to be a problem. It does make it a bit dusty. thankfully am not allergic to dust. I see a lot of dust settled on the outside of the vacuum.. idicates that this does release dust out more than it should.. I dont think this is going back in my case.. but might help others decide.

rated:
Hi,
I purchased the Fusion yesterday in Dawsonville, GA. It was marked on the shelf as $112.xx, but rang up at the $98.88 price. Aside from the crazy color scheme (who has ever heard of a RED edge tool?!), it seems to do a very good job. I had one of the Eureka The Boss yellow and black bagless vacuums sold on Amazon cheap last year. It just decided to stop picking up from the carpet, so I bought the Fusion. I think the Fusion's canister is actually easier to empty than the Eureka's. You don't have to open it at the bottom; you can just take the top off and dump from there, then wipe the cone clean before putting it back. I actually take the top off AND the bottom. When done, I noticed that emptying it causes the seals to get dusty. This may be a major source of the reported "blowby dust". I have not witnessed any yet myself but am keeping an eye out, and keeping the vacuum chassis clean to help track down any problem. I have been using a damp sponge to wipe down all the seals before re-assembly.
I am impressed with the suction on this machine. I have month old carpet in my house, and filled my old Eureka 4 or 5 times by vacuuming up the fuzz from its manufacture. I have had three canisters full of fuzz already using the Fusion.
I have not tried vacuuming hard floors or rugs yet, but so far, I recommend it for carpet.

rated:
Any more reviews on this?

rated:
How does it compare to Dyson!
Iam not asking about the price, but the performance?
I got the dyson for 150$ or so!

rated:
fmdeals said: How does it compare to Dyson!
Iam not asking about the price, but the performance?
I got the dyson for 150$ or so!

You have to be kidding right? Didn't you bother to read ANY of this thread?

rated:
I Just got this and its awesome. Picks up pet hair very well

rated:
UGABulldog said: I Just got this and its awesome. Picks up pet hair very well

Green for OP, and ^ +1! Thanks!

rated:
Bought 1 just to give it a try cause we weren't really that impressed with dyson for the price difference. Works great the few weeks we've had it, & especially when you have pets. I can now walk around without hair sticking to my socks.

Maybe the dyson is "made" better, but I figure if it lasts a few years, I'm still ahead. Granted, if we could have snagged the pink dyson for $229 we'd prbly have went that way but they were never less than $336 around here.

rated:
This is now $98 at my local WalMart. I have had my eye on it for a while.

I have a Hoover WindTunnel Bagless - which used to be the highest rated vacuum on CR. It's been good to me. I am expecting it to go soon though... it's about 2 years old, I use it ALL the time, and I have pets.

rated:
We have had our for almost a year now. We bought a Eureka at first that the roller berrings locked up on right away that I paid, ATT $25 more for, now we have a year of hard work under its belt between 4 dogs, 1 cat, and 2 kids, and it has worked flawlessly. I have had to do a major cleaning one time on it (take it all apart and clean out all the knooks and crannies) but other then that its been the best vacuume and $125 I have spent. Because of all the pets its has been used ever other day to clean the carpets and still sucks like the day it was new and doesnt take long for that can to fill up either.

Its picked up everything too, from, hair and light dirt to leaves and concrete cleaning the floor in my basement. I own 2 shop vacs as well bought from WalMart and it has as much or slightly better suction then they do.

Never owned a Dyson and never will at thoes prices, but I have owned almost every vac brand on the market, and I am sold now with my Hoover, and if it goes will replace it with the same one for IMO there is no better. And in Eurekas defense they did send me a new roller even though the vac was past its warranty but it was only slightly past and it in no way should of gone out like that so quickly.

rated:
I have not seen this model in my Wally world in Princeton NJ (Nassau Blvd) - anyone knows in any central NJ WM has any...

rated:
k000 said: I have not seen this model in my Wally world in Princeton NJ (Nassau Blvd) - anyone knows in any central NJ WM has any...

There was a handful left at the Woodbridge Wallyworld last week when i purchased mine.

rated:
The shipping is now only 97 cents! can you buy here and return in store?

rated:
I have this vacuum for about three weeks now..bought from Wally at $98.
Suction is good...easy to push...but one problem I've been noticing....

Because of the way the weight distribution is on this unit, it keeps falling over backward.
Just a little pull backward (say with the hose when you are using attachments), and BLAMM...smack down on the floor.
Picked this thing about 10 times already. Not sure how to resolve that...

Otherwise..nice machine for the price.

rated:
Any more reviews?

rated:
Here's a review for ya. Got the Fusion @ Wally World 'bout 2 months ago, excellent suction at first. Emptying canister is easy, but you've gotta do it outside the house, away from open windows/doors to prevent very fine dust from going back into your house. Oh, and wear something to cover your nose and mouth, you don't want to inhale that dust into your lungs. After a couple of uses, you have to clean the red cone thingy as well, because if it's clogged then you lose the suction in the cyclone-thingy. Things just get messy from this point; I just use another vacuum (an old bagged Hoover Preferred) to clean the darn canister. Which made me realize that I don't really want to spend a lot of time cleaning vacuum cleaners. I want to clean my carpet, not the vacuums! So, the Fusion is going back to the store, and I'm back in the market for a good vacuum.

Another thing that I just noticed recently is that it blows dust back into the air and floor surrounding the unit while vacuuming, probably because the seals are not as tight anymore, but could be from somewhere else. I noticed it when using the onboard tools and having the vacuum on the same spot on the floor, it just spits dust around the wheels.

Pros: Good suction when clean, easy to empty canister, good tools, good ergonomics (adjustable handle height), widepath, lightweight, price.

Cons: Messy to clean other parts of canister, blows dust back, short power cord, color scheme.

Notes: It's also sold at Sams for $109, different color scheme (green), longer power cord, longer hose. Exact same thing sold at Home Depot for $179 as the Maytag Legacy with a little nicer-to-the-eye color scheme (dark blue).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 123 4 553
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014