• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I am not sure if food belongs here, but I found this while shopping on Amazon for caviar. There is a seller on Amazon "redcaviar.net" that gives free small tin of caviar free with any order of $50 or more($12 value).

I ordered from them via Amazon and just got my order, inside the box was this printout. There is no coupon code on the flyer, I guess you just have to order from them and they add it to each order over $50. Expires 10/05/06.

They don't have any notice of this sale online, at least I did not find any.

So any caviar lovers out there, I looked through Amazon and price search engines, this is the best deal so far.

They don't have any feedback on Amazon, so not sure how are they in the long run, but my order was good.

link

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

did you receive that small tin can yourself?

you eat it with cookie or steak or wat? jw

No I did not get the small tin, becuase my order was for 2 tins only, if I knew I would get couple more to get over $50.
If you don't know what caviar for or how to eat it, please don't buy it, some people don't like the taste of caviar.

Why buy it through Amazon?
If you go directly to sellers site (redcaviar.net as their Amazon's name suggets) you can see lower prices. Although I'm not sure, may be they charge more for shipping this way?

I personally buy red caviar from www.red-caviar.com. They do have lower prices and bigger choice, but you need to buy at least 12 cans from them.

Well I do feel safer buying through Amazon, but you are right it might be better off buying from their site directly (www.redcavair.net ). I will checkout the total on shipping on thier site and let you know.

I like the taste of red caviar. I buy it regularly at a local russian deli.

edit: i'd be hesitant to buy online unless I already tasted the brand. some are too salty, others have huge eggs.. etc.

I go to Russia every year and I always bring back lots of red caviar. It cost about 1 rouble (about 4 cents) per gram so the 150 gram tin which is the most common cost about $6.00 in Russia. The Black has gone up draatically in cost lately.

russellt said: [Q]I go to Russia every year and I always bring back lots of red caviar. It cost about 1 rouble (about 4 cents) per gram so the 150 gram tin which is the most common cost about $6.00 in Russia. The Black has gone up draatically in cost lately.

I don't even buy black anymore, too costly. the red is just as good, if not better. red is not as salty as black, and has it's own, great flavor.

Alright, I checked redcaviar.net and found out that thier shipping fee is $9 for the first tin and then $1 for each additional tin. And prices are good (no need to get 12 tins at a time either). So here you go people, if you want get it from the site, but for some of us Amazon is the way to go.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014