• 1 234552
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Call T-Mobile Business Direct at 866.464.8662. Push 3. Tell them you want the Dash promotion associated with promo code: Windows Mobile. That's all they need to hear. They will ask if you are an existing customer. If yes tell them you want to add a line (9.99 for additional family line). If not existing customer add new line with minimum plan of $39.95 to qualify for $50 rebate or $29.95 for no rebate. Promo price is $49 without rebate free with rebate. Only 1 year contract required. They also waive activation fee and provide free shipping.

The promo is associated with Microsoft Employees, Family and Friends hence the code Windows Mobile. I work for Microsoft and consider all of FW as my friends. .(direct tmobile CSR here for proof)

you cannot do an upgrade or contract extension to get this price. you must either add a new line or add a line to your family plan.

thanks hofo for the verbatim cut N paste

Text

rebate $50

the best part about this deal is it's a 1yr contract, which is hard to come by at this price. It's possible to get the dash for $49 w/ 2 yr contract via other means

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thanks for the info. May I ask 2 quick questions?

1. After converting to HTC ROM, can you still use the T-Mobile Data pla... (more)

oldcotton (Mar. 25, 2008 @ 3:02p) |

I just did this deal (as outlined by OP) on 04/14/2008 morning. It still works, HOWEVER, now you need to have a data pla... (more)

ajny (Apr. 14, 2008 @ 10:02a) |

i have a question about it. Currently i have a plan with tmobile but my contract was over last month. Can just open a ne... (more)

vncasanova (Apr. 24, 2008 @ 6:30p) |

Another SCREEN CRACKED -- T-Mobile says they don't care and cover it. Complain FTC. and show them the FW effect.

http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/cib/fcc475.cfm
https://fortress.wa.gov/atg/formhandler/ago/ComplaintForm.aspx

Make sure to reference:
Robert Dotson/President and CEO
12920 SE 38th Street
Bellevue, WA 98006
(425) 378-4000

BE CAREFUL when you purchase this phone. The [inside] screen is fragile and very easily cracked.
I took a couple pictures of the cracked screen
Cracked screen 1
Cracked screen 2
Search Google for T-Mobile Dash Cracked Screen before you buy it

Official Tmobile Windows Media 6 Upgrade
link

For those who got an error trying to download Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade from the above link, use the following link instead.
http://www.t-mobile.com/wmupgrade
-----------------------------------------------------
if you are not afraid of voiding your warranty and chance a bricked phone, you can load Roger WM6 ROM for dash. not for faint of heart. check details here

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1246913

I just did and now my Dash is blazing fast and very response. Has 21 MB free. Jogger is preinsatlled.
Best thing is it has restored Voice tags (not the crap voice command which never worked for me) AND bluetooth profile !! I can dial using bluetooth headset just like in WM5. I also reinstalled VOIP files and it works as it used to.
Only downside is crap home screen, but you can fix that by getting different home screen.

-----------------------------------------------------

Rebate 4/1/07 - 6/30/07
Seems like this promotion might last for quite long period of time.

1/25/2007: Dash is $99 and comes with a $50 rebate. I was told only need T-Zones ($5.99/month) x 3 month in order to get rebate. Not too shabby...

Link to the Deal

Rebate (01/01/2007 - ) - Rebate

New promotion as of 11/24/2006 - phone is $50 with new $100 rebate.

No Data Plan Needed for Rebate if on Family Plan

I responded to the T-Mobile e-mail I had sent just being specific about the Dash rebate, here is the response:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Customer Care. My name is XXXXX and I will be assisting you with T-Mobile Products and Services. I understand that you would like to know if the rebate for the Dash is valid with out the Data Plan. I am more than happy to look into this for you!

XXXXX, in review of the rebate form for the Dash it shows you the eligibility options for the qualifying rate plans. You are currently under a Preferred Family Time Rate Plan at $49.99 per month which means you qualify for the rebate on the Dash!

Congratulations and get your submission in. If you have any questions in regards to your rebate, you can contact the Rebate Center at 1-877-311-8853. Rebate Center hours are 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. CT.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to be on safe side, I called tmobile support and got it notated in my account that data plan is not required and if rebate center rejects the rebate for any reason, tmobile will pay it directly.
so all the guys/gals getting family plan make sure that you get it notated in your account if rebate center causes problem later on

-----------------------
Following are old rebate terms. New rebate has been modified to remove words 'Family Time' from first condition to make is more clear.
----------------------------
Rebate Question about Data Plan:

This is how I am reading the rebate condition about data plan:

A qualified rate plan is any individual Family Time OR enterprise T-Mobile voice <font color=white style="background-color: #3E3E3E;">(Condition 1)

AND

data rate plan (or voice rate plan with add-on data feature) with monthly access fee of at least $34.99/mo. per line of service

OR

any FamilyTime rate plan of at least $49.99/mo. for up to 5 lines of service. <font color=white style="background-color: #3E3E3E;">(Condition 2)

Based on the second "OR" in Condition 2, the rebate should be valid by just adding a line to the Family Plan without data feature.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

For all those who are thinking of adding this as an additional line of your family plan.

If any of one of your current phones is out of contract, you can cancel that and retain that number on this new line. Here is how. (YMMV as people seem to be disputing if you can do this or not despite one member already saying he/she has done it.)

1. Get the Dash added as a third line for 9.99 to ur family plan.
2. Convert one of your existing lines which is NOT under contract to a prepaid. They give u a 5 dollar starter balance on that. It takes about 2-4 hours for them to convert the line to a prepaid.
3. Call in and ask them to PORT-IN your prepaid number to your new DASH line. It takes about 4 hours for the port-in to complete as this is just an internal port for Tmobile.

This worked like a charm for me, when I tried to get rid of my third line when I got the Blackberry 7105 in January. May be its time for one more.

Howard Forums DASH FAQ

HTC Wiki Gives instructions on how to use the $5.99 T-Zones for Internet with WM6 as well as WM5.

--------------------------------------------------------

For those people who have family plans and need to port the OOC number to the new line. Here is what you do:

Call 611 from your NEW line (New being the keyword)
Tell them you want to "MSISDN REUSE" (pronounced 'mizzdin') your old OOC number to the new number (MSISDN = Mobile Station International Subscriber Directory Number)
They will understand what you want when you tell them about "MSISDN REUSE"
Your old number will be disconnected immediatly (Cancel the line), they will do it.
The new number will get a message stating your number has been changed to the old number. (Took 15 mins for me)

I hope this helps someone.

Get $5 from pricegrabber.com to the first 50 requests.

pricegrabber rebate

Ordered Wing for $100 AR using the same promo code. Original price is $500. It's T-Mobile's latest. Gr8 deal IMO
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Anyone with the phone want to comment?

hey op..aren't you the one that everyone got mad at in the infocus projector thread?
that was kinda funny.

any discount on mda ??

EDIT: never mind.. mda is for $200 after $50 rebate (requires data plan of $29.99)

Any idea of an expiration on this deal?
I'm currently stuck on whether I should signup for another 2 years with Cingular, and I like the Dash a lot more than Nokia E62 or Cingular 8125. Hopefully a couple months...

CSR said promo ends Jan 1

tzones plan workaround, Make sure you follow these directions step-by-step:

Connections -> Proxy -> T-Zones Proxy setup
Connects from: WAP Network
Connects to: The Internet
Proxy (name : port): 216.155.165.50:8080
Type: HTTP
User name: <blank>
Password: <blank>

Connections -> GPRS-> T-Mobile Data
Connects to: WAP Network
Access point: wap.voicestream.com
User name: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
IP address: <blank>

Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Options -> Connections
Automatically detect settings is checked
Select network: WAP Network

Messaging -> Options -> Account Settings
Network: WAP Network

Can you add the line and then remove it later? I don't need a third line, but I want the phone.

thanks OP!

Great News! You are eligible to receive corporate benefits when you activate new service through this T-Mobile Premiere site or by calling 1-866-464-8662 and identifying yourself as a Microsoft employee, family, or friend.
i see that the discounted price of the DASH is not yet updated on their site, so calling them is the way to go.

Perfect timing and a 1-yr contract to boot! Thanks OP!

green for this sentence:

" I work for Microsoft and consider all of FW as my friends."

RapaciousEbayer said: tzones plan workaround, Make sure you follow these directions step-by-step:
is this accessing the internet without paying the Tmobile Web/Tmobile Total Internet?

RapaciousEbayer said: I work for Microsoft and consider all of FW as my friends. LOL!!! love you man!

dongky said: RapaciousEbayer said: tzones plan workaround, Make sure you follow these directions step-by-step:
is this accessing the internet without paying the Tmobile Web/Tmobile Total Internet?

correct.

Wonderful attitude towards FW community. Appreciate that OP.

i just signed a two year for a nokia 6133 for $49.99

If I add family plan on can i just share my current plan minutes or do I have to sign up for the family plan rates?

anyone know if you can get a myfaves plan?

RapaciousEbayer said: The promo is associated with Microsoft Employees, Family and Friends hence the code Windows Mobile. I work for Microsoft and consider all of FW as my friends.

HA HA HA I had to laugh when I read that! Hot deal. Let's see.. $10 x 12 months = $120 + $100 AR for the phone = $220 in total if added as an additional line on a family plan. For me, if I were to renew on my current FT plan it would be $200 AR *and* a 2-year contract renewal or $380 with no contract.

Hmm.. Very very tempting!

RapaciousEbayer said: tzones plan workaround, Make sure you follow these directions step-by-step:
This is a HUGE YMMV!!!! Free WAP is still only available in _very_ few areas... almost such that it's better to say there is no free WAP (on Howardforums, people ask about "free WAP" about once a month).

wap workaround is nice, but max file transfer size in most markets is around 900kb. not very good if you really want to use the device's potential. just an fyi

at least you can use the wifi at your home network, correct?

thanks op!

Notice it includes windows media, can this thing be used as an mp3 player

RapaciousEbayer said: dongky said: RapaciousEbayer said: tzones plan workaround, Make sure you follow these directions step-by-step:

correct.
so can I just pay the 9.99 to add a line, and then have free internet?

Said in the link" Upgrade to a Windows Mobile powered smartphone and add data services
E-mail your upgrade request to seattleenterprise@T-Mobile.com with the subject line “Upgrade Microsoft”
"
I am a current tmo customer. Can I add data service and get a promo price with rebate? I know data is not subjected to contract binding. it is just month by month basis.

commanderboyo said: RapaciousEbayer said: dongky said: RapaciousEbayer said: tzones plan workaround, Make sure you follow these directions step-by-step:

correct.
so can I just pay the 9.99 to add a line, and then have free internet?

no. you have to pay $5.99 for the tzones. tzones is like internet crippled. by using the workaround, you should be able to surf the web regularly, instead of only accessing sites through tmobile's "portal", which only let's you surf sites they want you to surf..

the workaround is so you don't have to pay the $29.99 for the internet access.

ymmv.

The Dash is considered by many as the Q killer, this is a sweet price. Go for it people/ The only complaint I have is the processor speed.

does tzones cover anywhere where I take my phone? and... is there any way I could hook this bad boy up to my laptop to get "tzones" internet?

commanderboyo said: does tzones cover anywhere where I take my phone? and... is there any way I could hook this bad boy up to my laptop to get "tzones" internet?

You can find the answers to all your questions at HowardForums

Econometrician said: commanderboyo said: does tzones cover anywhere where I take my phone? and... is there any way I could hook this bad boy up to my laptop to get "tzones" internet?

You can find the answers to all your questions at HowardForums
I've been looking for 20 minutes, made 3 accounts, and nothing is working there... is there any phone wiz that could help me please.

Looks like the unlimited internet plan is no longer $30. Minimum for full internet is now $50. Still a hot deal if you need to be connected reliably 24/7.

As I am already in a tmo family plan $59.99,
Can I upgrade both existing lines to this handset without adding new lines and extend my current contract another year?

wybeerchen said: As I am already in a tmo family plan $59.99,
Can I upgrade both existing lines to this handset without adding new lines and extend my current contract another year?

as stated in the OP, you cannot upgrade. you must add a new line.

I only have a single line. So do I need to change it to family plan and add a new line?

so $100 buck for the DASH...how much is it for the MDA or SDA...

taar44 said: Looks like the unlimited internet plan is no longer $30. Minimum for full internet is now $50. Still a hot deal if you need to be connected reliably 24/7.
Unlimited internet with a voice plan is $30
Unlimited internet without a voice plan is $50

Let me just say, if you are on the fence about this smartphone, JUMP ON THIS NOW! I just bought it on Monday: signed a 2yr. extension (got a great, cheap plan, so no real plans to change anyhow), paid $250 on top of that (they said $200 i.e. $50 rebate, is for new activation only), and have absolutely no regrets.

I am upgrading from an SDA i just got around 2 months ago; again, great phone as well (love HTC), but really wanted a full QWERTY, but don't like the idea of the touch screen, flipout madness of the MDA. As a side note, I ended up getting rid of the sda + a 1gb mini sd for just a few less than the cost of the DASH. WORTH EVERY PENNY. 802.11 b/G compared to SDA; Full Bluetooth 2.0 vs. 1.1/2 (kind of). I've been using this old laptop less and less this week...

The point is, for the price, i'd GO NOW!

sgaldis said: Let me just say, if you are on the fence about this smartphone, JUMP ON THIS NOW! I just bought it on Monday: signed a 2yr. extension (got a great, cheap plan, so no real plans to change anyhow), paid $250 on top of that (they said $200 i.e. $50 rebate, is for new activation only), and have absolutely no regrets.

I am upgrading from an SDA i just got around 2 months ago; again, great phone as well (love HTC), but really wanted a full QWERTY, but don't like the idea of the touch screen, flipout madness of the MDA. As a side note, I ended up getting rid of the sda + a 1gb mini sd for just a few less than the cost of the DASH. WORTH EVERY PENNY. 802.11 b/G compared to SDA; Full Bluetooth 2.0 vs. 1.1/2 (kind of). I've been using this old laptop less and less this week...

The point is, for the price, i'd GO NOW!

agreed. Pics do NOT do this phone justice. You have to hold it in your hand to really understand why it's so perfect. It feels like it was made to sit in your hand; they did everything right with this. The back is rubberized so it won't slip out of your hand. There is already a hack to turn the volume touch buttons into a scroll wheel, and to turn off xt9.

Skipping 2019 Messages...
i have a question about it. Currently i have a plan with tmobile but my contract was over last month. Can just open a new account with my name then port the old number over to the new account. or do i have to get someone to open it for me and then port the new number from there. thanks

• Archived From: ForumsHot Deals

• 1 234552
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014