• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The STF-2 and STF-3 subwoofers are 20% off of their usual prices. Been doing a lot of research on these, and the discount makes them pretty good buys. Tax in CA and shipping seems to be standard in 48 states. $27 for STF-2 and $53 for STF-3.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Very hot! Thanks for posting.

The HSU subs are great deals at the regular prices.

Extremely hot! These are rarely on sale at discount. These and the SVS subs are one of the best value for money. Seems like most of their subs are at the 20% discount Link

Personally, I'd pick the VTF-3 MK2 for $699 + shipping, if i were in the market for one.

Good stuff, nice find.

getafix said: [Q]Extremely hot! These are rarely on sale at discount. These and the SVS subs are one of the best value for money. Seems like most of their subs are at the 20% discount Link

Personally, I'd pick the VTF-3 MK2 for $699 + shipping, if i were in the market for one.

Actually, I was only able to find the STF2 and STF3 at 20% off their direct pricing. According to the folks at AVSForum, Hsu usually offers additional seasonal savings on shipping. I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if they're going to offer that on top of the 20% discount.

getafix said: [Q]Extremely hot! These are rarely on sale at discount. These and the SVS subs are one of the best value for money. Seems like most of their subs are at the 20% discount Link

FW'er gets tricked by internet direct store?? they always will and always have sold their subs for the prices on that page, that is their true pricing as they do not ship their subs to dealers (anymore) and ship straight to you.

also, the VTF-3 mk2 is easily blown out of the water by the $900 VTF3HO

and you would have to be nuts to think the VTF-3 MK2 is worth the extra $230 over the VTF3 regular

yuletak said: [Q]getafix said: [Q]Extremely hot! These are rarely on sale at discount. These and the SVS subs are one of the best value for money. Seems like most of their subs are at the 20% discount Link

Actually, I was only able to find the STF2 and STF3 at 20% off their direct pricing. According to the folks at AVSForum, Hsu usually offers additional seasonal savings on shipping. I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if they're going to offer that on top of the 20% discount.

i signed up to the forum two weeks ago to ask about their christmas specials (as pretty much all internet direct stores are doing this), and they say they are "coming soon", but i rather not order my sub a couple days into december and risk it being delayed all the way past christmas. Honestly im going to be ordering a subwoofer(s) this weekend, if hsu doesnt have their deals up then im going to order elsewhere.

this is even a better when you purchase it along with the Ventriloquist VT-12. you get an additional $100 (combine purchase with stf2) off. so total for a complete home audio set up $518??? what do you guys think

I'm running a STF2 with Polk R30s, R15s, CSI25. Works great for me in a nearfield setup in a room open to kitchen, dining, etc.

$347 for STF2 shipped seems like a good price. I have an Athena AS-P300 paired with Athena .5 speakers. For those who have heard both subs, does the difference in quality justify the $347 upgrade cost?

I'm running the STF-2 with Axiom M60s, QS4's, and a VP100, great match for these speakers.

I would definitely buy again.

They don't have cylinder subs anymore?

yelloguy said: [Q]$347 for STF2 shipped seems like a good price. I have an Athena AS-P300 paired with Athena .5 speakers. For those who have heard both subs, does the difference in quality justify the $347 upgrade cost?

I heard both and to me, its def worth to upgrade to the STF2...if you can find a good use for the P300

I think you will like the improvement that a good sub brings to any system. The good news is that The P300 is a well regarded sub and you should be able to get around $100 for it on the used market.

yelloguy said: [Q]$347 for STF2 shipped seems like a good price. I have an Athena AS-P300 paired with Athena .5 speakers. For those who have heard both subs, does the difference in quality justify the $347 upgrade cost?

gotchaforce said:
also, the VTF-3 mk2 is easily blown out of the water by the $900 VTF3HO

and you would have to be nuts to think the VTF-3 MK2 is worth the extra $230 over the VTF3 regular

The VTF-3 is discontinued, replace by the VTF-3 MK2.

-D

DKTVPN said: [Q]They don't have cylinder subs anymore?

I think your thinking of SVS

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014