• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.roadrunneroffers.com/8/?cid=55880&affid=RR_lite_CB_Banners

Good luck and run!

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I find this to be a very respectable deal...especially with the $100 rebate. $19.95 a month for RoadRunner Lite for 12 months. In this area the speed is at 768/128. For those that are moving up from dial up, this is a good deal. Thanks OP...going to recommend this to a couple of my dial up friends.

Racerbob said: [Q]I find this to be a very respectable deal...especially with the $100 rebate. $19.95 a month for RoadRunner Lite for 12 months. In this area the speed is at 768/128. For those that are moving up from dial up, this is a good deal. Thanks OP...going to recommend this to a couple of my dial up friends.
lite? if so, please put in title.

qubyte said: [Q]Racerbob said: [Q]I find this to be a very respectable deal...especially with the $100 rebate. $19.95 a month for RoadRunner Lite for 12 months. In this area the speed is at 768/128. For those that are moving up from dial up, this is a good deal. Thanks OP...going to recommend this to a couple of my dial up friends.
lite? if so, please put in title.

I do not think that it is necessary to put lite in the title. OP does say Roadrunner Cable. At any rate, this does seem to be a decent deal for that speed here in the Rochester, NY area.

And it requires a RR bill and an AOL bill.

It's a fishy deal if you ask me:

Submit the original rebate form completely filled out and a copy of all pages in your first month's high-speed Internet bill, and a copy of all pages of your most recent AOL bill.

AND

Roadrunneroffers.com is independently operated by Broadbandoffers.com, working with Time Warner Cable to bring you this $100 Cash Back rebate offer. This offer is not available directly from Time Warner Cable.

AND

Former residential service customers are defined as customers who have not had Road Runner High Speed Online service during the previous 120 days.

I suppose if you hate your local carrier or have had little success with DSL this might be great for the economy minded. But for roughly $3/month less AR than DSL and half the speed.....

Racerbob said: [Q]I do not think that it is necessary to put lite in the title. OP does say Roadrunner Cable. At any rate, this does seem to be a decent deal for that speed here in the Rochester, NY area.
the reasoning would be that standard speed RR has frequent deals in the $24.99-$29.99 price range and is what is most often posted on FW, thus $19.99 in the title is misleading for a hotter deal. most people who sign up for roadrunner do not purchase lite, seeing as there are many DSL packages the are better deals in this price and speed range. i do not really care whether the OP changes the title not, but i really do not see a good reason not to. it would only be helpful.

I got RR lite for 14.95/month for a full year. Worth it Big Time. Only disadvantage is the dll speed. Web surfing is instant.

bob151 said: [Q]I suppose if you hate your local carrier or have had little success with DSL this might be great for the economy minded. But for roughly $3/month less AR than DSL and half the speed.....

EXACTLY - TWC CS SUCKS, and the price will skyrocket after 12 months. Should be possible to get a similar deal at a local big box retailer for DSL - AT A LOWER PRICE!

Racerbob said: [Q]

I do not think that it is necessary to put lite in the title.

Yes it is, because lite sucks.

MrStank said: [Q]Racerbob said: [Q]

I do not think that it is necessary to put lite in the title.

Yes it is, because lite sucks.
on that note, 8mpbs is only $10 more per month over standard RR...if only I could justify...come on verizon ya bastads. get fios in my area before i give in...mmmmmmmmm 15 mbps down/2 mbps up for $44.95 per month...

Racerbob said: [Q]I find this to be a very respectable deal...especially with the $100 rebate. $19.95 a month for RoadRunner Lite for 12 months. In this area the speed is at 768/128. For those that are moving up from dial up, this is a good deal. Thanks OP...going to recommend this to a couple of my dial up friends.

Hey... The rebate require copy of AOL Bill!!! SO you have to be AOL user to get the $100 rebate... That sucks!

These are the two posts I posted on the other discussion thread... might be of any interest.

RoadRunnerOffers.com is shady with promotions????
The link in the context below is:

http://www.roadrunneroffers.com/10/?cid=56460&affid=roadrunner&_ck=1

And here are the terms and conditions I read before calling the sales rep.
http://www.roadrunneroffers.com/10/premium.php?id=626

I was reading reviews, and folks were confused when they couldn't find any mail-in rebate form. So I thought of chating to one of their so called 'sales' person.

This is actually really funny .... here is the transcript and link ... decide yourself

Chat InformationPlease wait for a site operator to respond.
Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Amanda'
Amanda: Hello.
Amanda: Welcome. How can I help you today?
you: Hi Amanda, a quick question
Amanda: Sure.
you: where can I find the MIR form
you: hello?
Amanda: One moment please.
you: sure
Amanda: We do not offer any mail in rebates.
you: ???
you: http://www.roadrunneroffers.com/10/?cid=56460&affid=roadrunner&_ck=1
Amanda: Let me go ahead and check the promotion that is available for you in your area. May I have the address and zip code where the installation will take place?
you: click on the link
you: i was about to submit my request ... if this is some kind of non existing hoax, better take it down
Amanda: Im sorry but that is something that we do not offer, please call customer service at 1-800-762-3786
Amanda: They will be able to assist you.
Amanda: Is there anything else I can help you with?
you: who does then?
you: its your website right?
you: the terms and conditions mentions roadrunneroffers.com
you: Roadrunneroffers.com is independently operated by Broadbandoffers.com, working with Time Warner Cable to bring you this $50 Cash Back rebate offer. This offer is not available directly from Time Warner.
Amanda: May I have your address and zip code please, so I can view what you see.
you: xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx columbus oh 43220
you: go through the link I sent you
Amanda: Okay this is what is coming up on our url.
Amanda: ROAD RUNNER HIGH SPEED ONLINE
Amanda: Promotional Offers
Amanda: First 6 months of service for $29.95/month
Amanda: Free Standard Installation
Amanda: NO CONTRACT required
you: on second thoughts, forget it, your company now sounds shady to me
Amanda: We do not offer and have never offered any rebates.
you: if you go through the link I sent you, you'll see what I see
you: are you telling me I made up this <<<<<<<forbidden word>>>>?
Amanda: No I am saying that we do not offer that rebate, so you will need to call to verify with customer service.
Amanda: Our site does not offer it.
you: how do I see it then?
Amanda: And I will have to ask you to please not use that language or I will end the chat.
you: what language?
Amanda: Is there anything else I can help you with?
you: did I say anything wrong to you or about you ..in any demeaning way?
Amanda: Thank you for visiting roadrunneroffers.com and allowing me to assist you. Have a great day.
you: I'm posting this transcript online...
Chat InformationChat session has been terminated by the site operator.
Chat InformationYou are not currently in a chat session.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here is an update: They are refusing that such an offer even exists.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Charles'
Charles: Hello.
Charles: Welcome. How can I help you today?
you: hi Charles
you: a quick question
you: if you google for roadrunner deals, I get a link which offers $50 as MIR on your website
you: however, this dooes not show up directly on your website
you: you there?
Charles: I will be right with you.
Charles: yes
Charles: yes that is not our offer
<font color=white style="background-color: #3E3E3E;">Charles: we do not offer 50 dollar rebate
you: but it takes me to roadrunneroffers.com
you: who does then ...
Charles: i am not sure what offer that is but our offer is not for the 50 dollars rebate
you: see, thats what is confusing me, there are terms and conditions which says "this offer is brought to you by roadrunneroffers.com" ... and not time warner.
you: I have the page infront of me, and I clicked the chat link. To my right I have the promotions, which has the $50 terms and conditions
you: but no form
you: is this a joke?
you: Your Included Promotional Offers Free Standard Installation Promotion Details $50 Cash Back (after mail-in rebate) Promotion Details NO CONTRACT required! Promotion Details
<font color=white style="background-color: #3E3E3E;">Charles: we are roadrunneroffers.com we do not offer that here
you: this is from the terms and conditions:
you: Road Runner High Speed Online service must be activated for a minimum of 30 days. Roadrunneroffers.com is independently operated by Broadbandoffers.com, working with Time Warner

FYI, I never got my $50 gift card from last spring. In calling, TWC pointed fingers at RR and vice versa. RR sent me links to broadbandoffers.com, roadrunneroffers.com, rebates.com, etc. and no one had my info. As the rebate term expired and no one had my information, I was told that they could not process it in order for me to receive my gift card. This is even though I have copies of everything.

First time I bailed on a rebate/GC. Instead, I vowed to bail on RR when my intro term was up. However, I just called a TWC CSR and they dropped my bill from $44.95 to $29.95 for the next 12 months.

Still sucks that I didn't receive the card, and the new rate is nothing special (most people are gettign it with a phone call).

Now my new mission is to spread the word. Call TWC now and get your rate dropped.

I have just signed up at "roadrunneroffers.com". But I have no idea where to get the $50 REBATE FORM! Does any one have any idea?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014