• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I own the Blue Point "RACEJACK" and this looks identical. Snap-on typically re-badges / charges triple the price on things like this; so this is probably the same thing.

* Jack has 1 1/2-ton capacity;low height of 3 1/4in.;maximum lift of 17 1/2in.
* Jack stands have 3-ton capacity;minimum height of 10 3/4in.;maximum height of 15 5/8in.
* Model T81109

I notice a few slight differences (badges) but also two return springs vs. the one on the Blue Point. Likely same MFG..

Pic1

Pic2

Blue Point - $320

Torin - $150

3% FC Available

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
The Racejack is not identical to the Redpoint or to the <a target="_new" href="/redirect/bounce.php?afsrc=1&url=http://w... (more)

MaxMojo (Dec. 28, 2006 @ 9:30p) |

BMRisko said: <blockquote><hr>daddyloveswini said: <blockquote><hr>Slightly off topic, but I have an old Craftsman floor... (more)

daddyloveswini (Dec. 29, 2006 @ 6:28a) |

Pep Boys have these the exact model without stand for $89. Additionally, they have the ones with stand for $119 after m... (more)

addisonc (Dec. 29, 2006 @ 4:00p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

very reasonable shipping considering the thing weights 59lbs. It was $33 to NJ via UPS ground

Good post OP. Northern appears to have the jack alone (without the stands) for $89.99 here

Green for you. OP, if you could check this one out and compare it to your blue point, I'd appreciate it!

I think this Craftsman is the same thing:

http://www.Sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00950240000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

I got it for $80 last week and you can pick it up in the store for free.

The specs appear to be different. The Northern ship weight is 28lbs. the Craftman is 55lbs.

reference pic of the Blue Point 'RACEJACK' set here

fulbuyer said: [Q]Good post OP. Northern appears to have the jack alone (without the stands) for $89.99 here

Green for you. OP, if you could check this one out and compare it to your blue point, I'd appreciate it!

I've seen the Craftsman in person - Definitely not the same and yes; much heavier. That $89.99 Torin looks identical to my overpriced (yet, very high quality) Blue Point jack. Even the color... looks more like it than the one in my OP. Certainly a deal!!

Two nice features here are the foam padding (slides up and down) that protects your bumper & also the quick release aluminum knurled extension handle (to remove when jacking the car up in tight quarters).

I think this is the same one Costco sells instore as well.

The price for the jack/stands combo is attractive, though S/H makes it less ideal as compared to local purchase.

FWIW, I use a Torin red aluminum racing jack frequenly during autox season, on-sale for $80 AR frequently. You can find one at Pepboys. It's of much higher quality/design than Harbor Freight version, where pump handle screw is on the front side, possible rubbing-issue with low-profile cars.

If you don't have Pepboys nearby, it's worth a buy.

RX8tasy said: [Q]The price for the jack/stands combo is attractive, though S/H makes it less ideal as compared to local purchase.

FWIW, I use a Torin red aluminum racing jack frequenly during autox season, on-sale for $80 AR frequently. You can find one at Pepboys. It's of much higher quality/design than Harbor Freight version, where pump handle screw is on the front side, possible rubbing-issue with low-profile cars.

If you don't have Pepboys nearby, it's worth a buy.

Looks like the jack one for $89 (not the kit) hereis differnt from the one with the kit. The one in the kit does not have the pump handle screw on the top. While the one I just linked does.

looks like the base of the jacks stands are not wide enough

dongky said: [Q]looks like the base of the jacks stands are not wide enough

The base will be just fine, and possibly saving your asphalt driveway. The triangluar one leaves imprints.

Is there any advantage over say this one:
Torin 3-Ton Low Profile Service Jack w/ 3-Ton Stands Model# T83318

Other than being lighter becsause it's aluminum?

the steel 3-Ton with stands is only $89.99 and has a higher capacity. They have other steel models with lower capacity for even less so I assume the draw is just the weight of the aluminum?

Thanks

Weight saving is the primary consideration for purchasing an aluminum racing jack. When you need to carry spare parts/gears/racing tires/wheels for long-haul, you want to travel light. Additionally, the higer-capacity jack does not fit nicely into your regular car, which is being used dual-purpose (street/competition), unless you have a trailered queen. I can fit the Torin racing jack in the rear passenger footwell. 1.5ton is really all you need to get the car off the ground, then supported by jack stands. You can get a 3ton low-profile jack if it's used only in a garage, with no portability required.

They may look the same but they usually are not. I worked for Snap-On in upper management as well as Mac Tools. I got to be good friends with a company that supplies air tools and hydraulic jacks to a bunch of various companies. There is a component scoring system in most Asian manufacturing plants. They don't waste anything!! If a component meets very tight specs, it is a "1". If it is off by 10%, it is a "2" etc.

The company them assembles various products with the best parts, down to the worst parts and sell them accordingly.

Papa

Slightly off topic, but I have an old Craftsman floor jack, the round part that makes contact with the car is metal. Are there replacements, or rubber pads that can be placed over the metal to avoid scratching my car?

Similar to my jack:
http://www.Sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00990088000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

jack looks good.

whats the exact weight on this jack?

25lbs is pretty good.

daddyloveswini said: [Q]Slightly off topic, but I have an old Craftsman floor jack, the round part that makes contact with the car is metal. Are there replacements, or rubber pads that can be placed over the metal to avoid scratching my car?

Similar to my jack:
http://www.Sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00990088000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Um, lift from the frame or specified jacking points, not painted body panels.

BMRisko said: [Q]daddyloveswini said: [Q]Slightly off topic, but I have an old Craftsman floor jack, the round part that makes contact with the car is metal. Are there replacements, or rubber pads that can be placed over the metal to avoid scratching my car?

Similar to my jack:
http://www.Sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00990088000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Um, lift from the frame or specified jacking points, not painted body panels.

Furthermore, you can go to sports shop and buy hockey puck that will fit onto the saddle with a central cut. Most of the saddle pads are too fragile or thin. You can make the cut yourself. The deeply recessed hockey puck will avoid bending the frame rail (ask me how I know..)

The Racejack is not identical to the Redpoint or to the Sears. I have no idea which is better, but they're clearly not the same design. Likewise the jack stands are different.

Assuming the metal framing is of similar strength, aside from appearances the critical difference is the hydraulics. Bad hydraulics are a pain and render the lift unusable.

BMRisko said: [Q]daddyloveswini said: [Q]Slightly off topic, but I have an old Craftsman floor jack, the round part that makes contact with the car is metal. Are there replacements, or rubber pads that can be placed over the metal to avoid scratching my car?

Similar to my jack:
http://www.Sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00990088000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Um, lift from the frame or specified jacking points, not painted body panels.

Um, the lift point is attached to a painted panel. Its an '80's Camaro, not a truck with a frame under it. Ever hear of "unibody"? Thanks for the sarcasim.



RX8tasy said: [Q]BMRisko said: [Q]daddyloveswini said: [Q]Slightly off topic, but I have an old Craftsman floor jack, the round part that makes contact with the car is metal. Are there replacements, or rubber pads that can be placed over the metal to avoid scratching my car?

Similar to my jack:
http://www.Sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00990088000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Um, lift from the frame or specified jacking points, not painted body panels.

Furthermore, you can go to sports shop and buy hockey puck that will fit onto the saddle with a central cut. Most of the saddle pads are too fragile or thin. You can make the cut yourself. The deeply recessed hockey puck will avoid bending the frame rail (ask me how I know..)

The bending of the rail was the exact problem I have run into. This idea is cheap enough to try, thanx.

Pep Boys have these the exact model without stand for $89. Additionally, they have the ones with stand for $119 after mail-in rebate. There is no need to purchase it online and pay shipping



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014