• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
A friend got it this morning in SO CA without coupon...also just saw an advt on TV which says the same...No coupon reqd. Just xfer your prescription.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Does anyone have a coupon for a new perscription? My pharmacy strictly enforces the new vs transferred perscriptions. I ... (more)

JorrieM (Sep. 22, 2007 @ 2:23a) |

Regarding...

#1 The coupon promotion is currently running only in the western states because CVS is newer to that regio... (more)

rmotl (Oct. 24, 2007 @ 2:27p) |

Regarding...

#1 The coupon promotion is currently running only in the western states because CVS is newer to that regio... (more)

rmotl (Oct. 24, 2007 @ 2:27p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

btw** Just because you take any pharmacy up on a deal does not mean you have to stay there beyond THAT deal, or have to transfer more than 1 prescription. nor does it mean the medicine has to cost MORE than the coupon value. just thought i'd add that cuz sometimes those managers or pharmacist can be pushy to make as much money off of you.

FrugalFreak said: btw** Just because you take any pharmacy up on a deal does not mean you have to stay there beyond THAT deal, or have to transfer more than 1 prescription. nor does it mean the medicine has to cost MORE than the coupon value. just thought i'd add that cuz sometimes those managers or pharmacist can be pushy to make as much money off of you.

They get most of their money from the insurance company. I can't imagine there are many prescriptions under $30.

Lots of generic drugs are under $30.

GC cannot be used to pay for the cost of medications or your copay. It can be used to pay for store merchandise only.

These deals are usually for long term prescriptions and I believe there are other restrictions. You cannot bring in a refill prescription and get the $30.

This one should be the easiest of all because we all part of corrupt pie. I did not try this but I know for sure this is slam dunk.

FrugalFreak said: btw** Just because you take any pharmacy up on a deal does not mean you have to stay there beyond THAT deal, or have to transfer more than 1 prescription. nor does it mean the medicine has to cost MORE than the coupon value. just thought i'd add that cuz sometimes those managers or pharmacist can be pushy to make as much money off of you.You are right, except for the "making money off of you". I have never met a pharmacist that was either effected by making CVS more money or thought they were. In fact, I hear at the "launch rallies" they have before these coupons are released, the upper-management will explicitly state that they do not want customer service issues because of these coupons. They are not focused on making money; only strictly upping their script count, and keeping as many customers as they can. Relying mainly on those customers who: what you mentioned earlier- don't realize they can move their rx again, can't (many states only allow for the transfer of a CIII-V rx from pharmacy to pharmacy once for its life), are too lazy to, or lastly (and the least likely), were unhappy with their last pharmacy (real easy if it is any chain) and are "wow-ed" by CVS's customer service.

I assure you that any rudeness/pushiness you encountered was either just
1) a pharmacist who was probably sick of the whole coupon thing- these offers can virtually double their workload. Transfers can be very time-consuming, and the corp probably bases their number of help hours allowed to a pharmacy on previous week or month's script count, so they often don't have the help they need to keep up with the new # of scripts. then the pharmacy loses you as a customer the next month, because you were unhappy with their non-existent service. Its all a stupid waste of time to them.
2) a disgruntled manager who is pissed they are working 60+ hrs a week for the same amt of money they were promised for 40 hrs, or fear for their job because they didn't pay attention at the supposed meeting where they said its ok to give away cvs's "money".

sorry for the rant

NJDevilsfan said: You cannot bring in a refill prescription and get the $30.Not a CVS refill, but a refill from another pharmacy. If you want you can transfer your rx out from CVS and have it held at another pharmacy, then have it transferred back. If you explain to your CVS that they are forcing you to do this, they will prolly cave cuz they don't want the extra work.

DailyVitamin said: It can be used to pay for store merchandise only.This depends on your local laws, but is generally incorrect. You cannot use the GC towards the RX you are getting the GC for transferring, but it can be used towards future rxs, in most states. Also, for all you Medicaid FW'ers, you are SOL.

NJDevilsfan said: These deals are usually for long term prescriptions and I believe there are other restrictions. You cannot bring in a refill prescription and get the $30.
You definitely can just transfer a refill from another store to get the GC. I do it all the time. CVS will also match any other GC offer from different drug stores as well.

CVS, Walgreen's, and Eckard's, to name a few of the big ones, typically are the most expensive. There can be a large variation in prices from pharmacy to pharmacy. I always recommend calling & asking what the price will be for a particular prescription. You may find that 1/3 of your meds are much cheaper at one pharmacy, 1/3 are much cheaper at another pharmacy, and the rest are about the same. It may be worth your while to use two or three pharmacies even though it's a bit of an inconvience. Surprisingly, mom & pop pharmacies can sometimes be the cheapest. Don't skip over them. WalMart is great if you want to keep things simple. Remember that buying club pharmacies such as Costco, Sam's, etc. must service everyone whether they are a member or not.

Lastly, for all prescriptions ask if there is a cheaper substitution. It's extra work for pharmacies to look that up, so many times they do not. Shop around. Some pharmacies do a much better job at substituting meds.

Medications cost a lot, and it's only going to get worse. There's lot of savings to be had for just a little bit of work if you are unfortunate to be on several medications.

Still, $30 for moving one of your most basic, generic meds for one month is a good deal.

I would be careful before switching pharmacists. If you really need the stability that a good pharmacist who knows you can provide, then it isn't worth the $30 to switch in my opinion.

Also, if you have any kind of Medicare or Medicaid subsidies for your prescriptions, this type of deal may not work for you.

is that a national deal? I'm in MA, asked the pharmacist, she said I do need a coupon.

SafetyDance said: ...They get most of their money from the insurance company. I can't imagine there are many prescriptions under $30.I used to think the same thing. After I quit my last company, with no insurance, I signed up for the FreeDrugCard.us discount card. My monthly prescriptions for Norco (stronger version of Vicodin) is $32 for 120 pills, and $22 for Soma (90 pills.) I go to Target to get the prescriptions filled since CVS doesn't take the FreeDrugCard.us discount card. Color me surprised, but I'm happy with the price. The same pills cost me over $80 each at CVS.

veveya said: is that a national deal? I'm in MA, asked the pharmacist, she said I do need a coupon.
The "no coupon" part could be a CA thing, since the OP mentioned SoCal...and CVS is making an advertising push in CA with the conversion of SavOn stores to CVS.

poohbie said: veveya said: is that a national deal? I'm in MA, asked the pharmacist, she said I do need a coupon.
The "no coupon" part could be a CA thing, since the OP mentioned SoCal...and CVS is making an advertising push in CA with the conversion of SavOn stores to CVS.

Ad was running in SoCal this weekend.

LA times newspaper today has two transfered coupons in it.

HotStuff2 said: SafetyDance said: ...They get most of their money from the insurance company. I can't imagine there are many prescriptions under $30.I used to think the same thing. After I quit my last company, with no insurance, I signed up for the FreeDrugCard.us discount card. My monthly prescriptions for Norco (stronger version of Vicodin) is $32 for 120 pills, and $22 for Soma (90 pills.) I go to Target to get the prescriptions filled since CVS doesn't take the FreeDrugCard.us discount card. Color me surprised, but I'm happy with the price. The same pills cost me over $80 each at CVS.
Norco is actually a weaker version of Vicodin, at least as far as the acetaminophen goes. Norco is just another generic form of Vicodin. Where Vicodin has 5, 7.5 or 10 mg of Hydrocodone along with 500, 750 or 660 mg of acetaminophen, Norco has 5, 7.5 or 10mg of Hydrocodone and only 325mg of acetaminophen in each strength. The only advantage to taking Norco over a straight generic or Vicodin brand is using less acetaminophen for patients who have liver disease; kidney disease; underactive thyroid; or a history of alcohol use/abuse. Unfortunately, Soma also will/can cause problems with both Liver and Kidney function and so you are subjecting yourself to a double dose of possible problems down the road with the amounts you are taking, which may be why your physician chose Norco with it's lower per dose amount of acetaminophen. If you are not alergic or prone to stomach problems/ulcers/reflux you may want to ask him/her about switching you from Norco to Vicoprofen (or it's cheaper generic) which is Hydrocodone along with 200mg of ibuprofen (Motrin as opposed to Tylenol, which would be equivalent to 325-500mg of acetaminophen).
EDIT: BTW the generics of both Vicodin and Vicoprofen in the higher doses should run around $30/120 without the discount card.

NJDevilsfan said: These deals are usually for long term prescriptions and I believe there are other restrictions. You cannot bring in a refill prescription and get the $30.

you have to xfer a prescription from a diff pharmacy

DailyVitamin said: It can be used to pay for store merchandise only.This depends on your local laws, but is generally incorrect. You cannot use the GC towards the RX you are getting the GC for transferring, but it can be used towards future rxs, in most states. Also, for all you Medicaid FW'ers, you are SOL.

In SoCal you can use the GC for Rx purchases. Just did it yesterday.

Also, here's the text from a current CVS $30 GC Rx transfer offer:

Receive a $30 CVS/pharmacy Gift Card when your transferred prescription is dispensed. The gift card cannot be used to pay for this purchase, but can be used just like cash on future purchases at any CVS/pharmacy. Limit one gift card per customer per visit. Law prohibits use of this coupon by persons enrolled in, or for any prescriptions reimbursed by, any publicly (state, federal) funded healthcare programs. Coupons cannot be used on any item reimbursable by public aid programs. CVS/pharmacy will not honor any facsimile, photocopy or any other reproduction of this coupon. This coupon is not transferable, and is not valid where prohibited by law. The coupon is not valid for any prescription previously filled at any CVS/pharmacy. The coupon is not valid for prescriptions purchased in NJ or NY and on any prescription for a controlled dangerous substance in Louisiana.

I think this is a regional deal...

Just to put my two cents in, I sit with an elderly lady who is on medicaid. She gets her medicine at CVS and when she gets a new script from any of her
doctors, I take it to CVS and use a transfer coupon if one is available at the time, with no problem. I have never heard of them doing a transfer without the coupon though. Also if anyone hasn't got presciption insurance coverage go to needymeds.com, where if you find your medications listed, you can either get them free or $20 to $30 for a 90 day supply. You have to follow their rules and guidelines but it's worth it if you can't afford your meds.

WingsOverVirginia said: Norco is actually a weaker version of Vicodin, at least as far as the acetaminophen goes. Norco is just another generic form of Vicodin. Where Vicodin has 5, 7.5 or 10 mg of Hydrocodone along with 500, 750 or 660 mg of acetaminophen, Norco has 5, 7.5 or 10mg of Hydrocodone and only 325mg of acetaminophen in each strength. The only advantage to taking Norco over a straight generic or Vicodin brand is using less acetaminophen for patients who have liver disease; kidney disease; underactive thyroid; or a history of alcohol use/abuse. Unfortunately, Soma also will/can cause problems with both Liver and Kidney function and so you are subjecting yourself to a double dose of possible problems down the road with the amounts you are taking, which may be why your physician chose Norco with it's lower per dose amount of acetaminophen. If you are not alergic or prone to stomach problems/ulcers/reflux you may want to ask him/her about switching you from Norco to Vicoprofen (or it's cheaper generic) which is Hydrocodone along with 200mg of ibuprofen (Motrin as opposed to Tylenol, which would be equivalent to 325-500mg of acetaminophen).
EDIT: BTW the generics of both Vicodin and Vicoprofen in the higher doses should run around $30/120 without the discount card.
Actually, Norco is the stronger Hydrocodone pill (the amounts you specified are correct), and you're right, it has less acetaminophen in each pill, which allows for taking more pills per day for people like myself, who have built up a high tolerance due to prolonged/extended use. The Hydrocodone is what provides pain relief; the ibuprofen/Tylenol/acetaminophen is a binding agent that does little to no help. Higher dosages of those aren't what I need to help deal with the pain.

Vicodin pills with 10mg of Hydrocodone are usually not prescribed by doctors due to the aforementioned potential for liver toxicity (due to overdose of acetaminophen or Tylenol.) The FDA won't allow more than 4000mg of acetaminophen per day, so the strongest Vicodin dosage means you can only take 5 per day (total of 30mg of Hydrocone); with Norco, you can take up to 12 pills per day, for a total of 1200mg of hydrocodone (see the Wikipedia entry for Norco, which explains this nicely.) Vicoprofen is like Skittles to me...does nothing and not as strong as Norco. Believe me, after being on these for over 6 years (along with morphine, which I can't afford until I get insurance again), I know what I'm dealing with.

edit: Oh, I shold also mention that *I* asked my doc to switch me to Norco, both for the added benefit of taking more (since the amounts of Vicodin I was taking weren't helping since I have a high tolerance) and because of the chance of liver toxicity that could happen from taking the pills every day. I wanted to lower my intake of acetaminophen but not reduce the hydrocodone, since that helps with the constant pain, especially when I stopped taking Avinza (30mg x2 per day, time-release morphine sulfate.)

Also, without the discount card I linked to, the prices for the Norco & Soma were ~$15 or so higher, so it does help. Plus, it's a free program.

Wow, hot deals AND medical advice. A little more information, and you'll have to start posting disclaimers along with it...
In Chicago area the promo is only $25 GC, and you need the coupon from Sunday paper, although there was an ad as well stating $25 for transfer of the script. May be that is the 1st script your transfer w/o coupon.
In any case, Target happily matches this promo if there is CVS in the area. It works the same way as with the deals on Pepsi (posted a couple months back), i.e. they add a GC to your script receipt and then enter coupon to make it free.
Target pharmacy also gives you one stop shopping when rummaging through the endcaps searching for 75% off items. They also give you a 10% off coupon after each 10 scripts filled (Pharmacy rewards) which is good on sale and clearance items.
Plus apparently they are made to wear red all the time.
OM

first of all, holy crap, please do not take 1200mg of hydrocodone. you will die.
HotStuff2 said: Actually, Norco is the stronger Hydrocodone pill (the amounts you specified are correct), and you're right, it has less acetaminophen in each pill, which allows for taking more pills per day for people like myself, who have built up a high tolerance due to prolonged/extended use. The Hydrocodone is what provides pain relief; the ibuprofen/Tylenol/acetaminophen is a binding agent that does little to no help. Higher dosages of those aren't what I need to help deal with the pain....The FDA won't allow more than 4000mg of acetaminophen per day, so the strongest Vicodin dosage means you can only take 5 per day (total of 30mg of Hydrocone); with Norco, you can take up to 12 pills per day, for a total of 1200mg of hydrocodone...along with morphine, which I can't afford until I get insurance again)....especially when I stopped taking Avinza (30mg x2 per day, time-release morphine sulfate.)Just a few things-
I don't think the apap or motrin is a "binding agent", so much as legitimate aid in temporary pain relief. with apap I'm sure that it has a little to do with deterring you from taking too many, but ultimately found that the combo helps more than the 2 alone. the vicoprofen is used much more in dental work, and the ibuprofen will really help a throbbing wound in your mouth. Of course, pain management is a different story and I'm sure watson had it in mind when they came up with norco.
your math is a little off- the "strongest vicodin" would be HP, which has 660mg of apap and would allow you 6 tablets, or 60mg of the good stuff. unless your speaking of the obscure "maxidone" which is 10/750 and would allow you 5, but still 50mg of goodstuff.
I'm sure you've already tried everything else, but just in case you hadn't- did you try other morphine sulfate products? the whole point of avinza was supposed to be QD dosing- I would be willing to bet that 60mg #30 is cheaper than 30mg #60. If you are needing a twice-daily dosing you might as well try the MS Contin- 30mg #60 would prolly fetch about $60 at your favorite price club.

Are there any deals in NY for transferring a prescription?

Can someone post a scan please?

h0 said: poohbie said: veveya said: is that a national deal? I'm in MA, asked the pharmacist, she said I do need a coupon.

Ad was running in SoCal this weekend.

Does any one catch the experiation date on the AD?
Is there one?

i take 4 on a montly basis and mine are all under 25 bucks.

I have been waiting for this.
IL is a go

I found a location of the coupon:

http://akimages.crossmediaservices.com/dyn_rppi/550.0.90.0/cvs/large/070128_TFWP_B_475_5uys3.jpg

Give me some greens, thank you!

fentonpcrackshell said: first of all, holy crap, please do not take 1200mg of hydrocodone. you will die.LOL...no, I'm quite all right - except for the constant pain from my spine. Long story. Sufficient to say that I take enough painkillers every day to kill an elephant, and that's only because I have a HIGH tolerance from taking pain meds for a long time. Right now I'm around 850mg of Hydrocodone per day, and still in pain. I would take more, but I try to make the pills last as long (per month) as I can since I'm paying out of pocket.

fentonpcrackshell said: ...I'm sure you've already tried everything else, but just in case you hadn't- did you try other morphine sulfate products? the whole point of avinza was supposed to be QD dosing- I would be willing to bet that 60mg #30 is cheaper than 30mg #60. If you are needing a twice-daily dosing you might as well try the MS Contin- 30mg #60 would prolly fetch about $60 at your favorite price club.Yep, but they all worked the same. Problem is, without insurance, I just can't afford them. MS Contin is also like candy to me, as it does nothing. I took them like Skittles and was still in pain. The other issue with morphine sulfates is that while they're *supposed* to be "once a day", they really don't work that way. My pain management doc has run into that same problem with everyone he's prescribed them to.

joylife99 said: I found a location of the coupon:

http://akimages.crossmediaservices.com/dyn_rppi/550.0.90.0/cvs/large/070128_TFWP_B_475_5uys3.jpg

Give me some greens, thank you!
Not until you learn to LINKIFY THE COUPON IMAGE...

Wow, I just transferred a script from Meijers - anyone know if I can get this added to that transaction? This was about a week ago.

TIA.

tb40nd said: Wow, I just transferred a script from Meijers - anyone know if I can get this added to that transaction? This was about a week ago.

TIA.

No...

thanks for the reply... we'll see what they say tomorrow though!

You are right, except for the "making money off of you". I have never met a pharmacist that was either effected by making CVS more money or thought they were. In fact, I hear at the "launch rallies" they have before these coupons are released, the upper-management will explicitly state that they do not want customer service issues because of these coupons. They are not focused on making money; only strictly upping their script count, and keeping as many customers as they can. Relying mainly on those customers who: what you mentioned earlier- don't realize they can move their rx again, can't (many states only allow for the transfer of a CIII-V rx from pharmacy to pharmacy once for its life), are too lazy to, or lastly (and the least likely), were unhappy with their last pharmacy (real easy if it is any chain) and are "wow-ed" by CVS's customer service.

I assure you that any rudeness/pushiness you encountered was either just
1) a pharmacist who was probably sick of the whole coupon thing- these offers can virtually double their workload. Transfers can be very time-consuming, and the corp probably bases their number of help hours allowed to a pharmacy on previous week or month's script count, so they often don't have the help they need to keep up with the new # of scripts. then the pharmacy loses you as a customer the next month, because you were unhappy with their non-existent service. Its all a stupid waste of time to them.
2) a disgruntled manager who is pissed they are working 60+ hrs a week for the same amt of money they were promised for 40 hrs, or fear for their job because they didn't pay attention at the supposed meeting where they said its ok to give away cvs's "money".

sorry for the rant

Wow! you are absolutely rihgt! I totally agree with you!

HotStuff2 said: Sufficient to say that I take enough painkillers every day to kill an elephant, and that's only because I have a HIGH tolerance from taking pain meds for a long time. Right now I'm around 850mg of Hydrocodone per day, and still in pain. I would take more, but I try to make the pills last as long (per month) as I can since I'm paying out of pocket.

MS Contin is also like candy to me, as it does nothing. I took them like Skittles and was still in pain. The other issue with morphine sulfates is that while they're *supposed* to be "once a day", they really don't work that way. My pain management doc has run into that same problem with everyone he's prescribed them to.

While this discussion has gotten off topic there are a few points that have to be made.

First, fentonpcrackshell is correct that the Tylenol and Motrin have nothing to do with being a binding agent and instead are a method of delivering increased pain management through drug synergy (creates an analgesic effect greater than taking either medication alone). He is also correct that the addition of the Tylenol and Motrin have little or nothing to do with deterring you from taking too many. That is a fallacy presented on Wiki, the person taking or abusing the drugs in question has little forward thought of the problems they may encounter down the line due to their overuse.

Second, and more importantly, it should be pointed out that your misunderstanding of both the actions and usage of the drugs you are taking (and have taken) show not only a failure on the part of your physician for 1.)Inadequately explaining the correct use and analgesic expectations of the prescribed medication, and 2.) Of monitoring your usage of the prescriptions (and/or your failure to communicate your actual usage patterns of your prescriptions). The fact that he/she has added the Soma to your medication regime does show that there is an indication that the Dr has some idea of your belief that additional meds are required and is trying to curb your growing narcotic reliance. (Talk to an Internist to see why that is important). But at the same time the addition of the Soma opens you to problems as the acetaminophen limitations for organ damage assume that no other potentially damaging factors exist. Usage of both lowers the safe limits of each medication.

Your repeated claims of taking your prescribed meds "like candy" is the classic prescription abuse scenario that leads to what you claim is your "HIGH tolerance from taking pain meds for a long time". Just taking the meds as prescribed for a long period of time does not necessarily build your tolerance to the medication. That is mostly a layman's fallacy, with the exception of extremely high dosing for mainly terminal, extreme pain conditions like those due to certain cancer conditions, etc., not for the responsible use of your current prescription levels. It instead is commonly caused by the patient's incorrect thought process that if one pill as prescribed is supposed to work good, then two will work better. Just like in your MS Contin example above, taking them like "candy" did nothing more for you but did make you believe they would not work for your pain. Proper dosing for the analgesic effect requires taking them not "once a day" but prescribed q12h (twice a day) or can be upped to no more than q8h. Due to the action of the analgesic effect the relief will not be fully felt for 24 to 36 hours after starting the meds. Taking more (at one time or by increasing the frequency) while it may give an immediate sensation will not work as well to control pain as following the proper dosing, and WILL create a tolerance situation where it will take longer to receive the pain relief benefits and may require a higher dose. But since the dosage amounts go up to 200mg, if your Dr thought you could benefit from responsible prescription management a proper dose for your condition could have been found. (Although you did also state that you used to take the lowest available dose of Avinza for relif, which is the same thing as MS Contin, just a different brand name).

What you are missing with your long term pain management is that you believe that the medication should be able to remove your pain. like you said: MS Contin is also like candy to me, as it does nothing. I took them like Skittles and was still in pain. The goal of long term pain management is to lower the threshold of the pain to allow you to lead a more normal existance. In most cases of moderate to severe chronic pain cases it will NOT remove the pain completely and it is not intended to. (Once again the exception would be a terminal case like someone bedridden with cancer where extreme doses are given to attempt to alleviate all pain for the patient's final days/weeks/months where normal day to day mental and physical function is not required).

You exhibit this classic pattern of your belief that you need to over medicate throughout this thread, but the most telling example is in your final response:
Right now I'm around 850mg of Hydrocodone per day, and still in pain. I would take more, but I try to make the pills last as long (per month) as I can...
I'm sure that you believe that you would require that much medication to help with your pain management, but it is not the reality of your situation, as I'm sure you realize now. Looking at that statement again you see how unrealistic it is. As you already told us:
My monthly prescriptions for Norco (stronger version of Vicodin) is $32 for 120 pills, and $22 for Soma (90 pills.)
Your monthly prescription for your Norco is 120 pills of 10mg/325mg, q6h, that's 1200mg per month of Hydrocodone. Even if you could take 850mg per day you would also be taking 27,625mg of acetaminophen along with it, and 15,000-20,000 alone would be fatal.

I not only sympathize with your situation, but I also live it. I have been treating long term pain for damage in both my lower and cervical spine and nerves since 1981. I too have used numerous meds over the years and was switched to Vicodin based on the recommendation of one of the original manufacturer's reps. When VicodinES came out I was switched to it and continued until being switched to Vicoprofen when it became available over concern about long term acetaminophen use. I still use the same dosage even after years of use, the daily number of pills varies by pain level but remains q4-6h as needed. As you know chronic back pain is not consistant and will vary with numerous exernal triggers like work, strain, stress, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, etc. Some days it seems better regulated than others and some days it doesn't seem that the medication is working at all. But those are the days that you just have to deal with the reality, not double up on the meds. I used to get the steroid injections direct to the spine, but as they start to wear off quicker and quicker with repeated injections, I stopped and use them now only during periods of extreme pain/discomfort when I still have to be able to function.

I think the best form of treatment for it is just to come to grips mentally with the reality that the pain will always be there and that the medication is secondary. For every day you can lessen the severity by meds it becomes a joy and for every hour that you can forget about it becomes a victory. Hopefully the joys and victories will outweigh the times when you just want to scream.

Anyone have a clear scan? Tried to blow up the link and it is all fuzzy. Anyone with an original source. I can well imagine.. I saw this on TV.. and I doubt it'd go far.

thanks.

HotStuff2 said: fentonpcrackshell said: first of all, holy crap, please do not take 1200mg of hydrocodone. you will die.Sufficient to say that I take enough painkillers every day to kill an elephant, and that's only because I have a HIGH tolerance from taking pain meds for a long time. Right now I'm around 850mg of Hydrocodone per dayFor real? thats 85 pills/day of norco 10. 1200mg would be 120/day. Shirley you are adding a 0 to these mgs?
Have you guys tried duragesic? generic is still pretty pricey, but it might be worth it to cut down the pills/day. Does he have you on some kind of cymbalta or neurontin regimen? have you tried: buprenex/subutex? oxycontin, dilaudid, demerol, opana? I know you guys have been around the block but just a few thoughts

bilbo777 said: Anyone have a clear scan? Tried to blow up the link and it is all fuzzy. Anyone with an original source. I can well imagine.. I saw this on TV.. and I doubt it'd go far.

thanks.

That is not a scan, it came from the CVS website a few weeks back as it appeared in some regions Sunday ad. If you entered one of the applicable zip codes you could print that set of coupons out directly from the online version of the weekly ad. For areas outside of the intended region use of the coupon will require a manual manager override and entry to get the GC. My store did it for me without any complaints but it took a while for the manager to figure out how to key it into the register as the coupon would not scan. He ended up just doing a manual credit for the GC amount.

Obviously YMMV at your local store if outside the areas where the coupons appeared in the Sunday insert.

Skipping 145 Messages...
Regarding...

#1 The coupon promotion is currently running only in the western states because CVS is newer to that region. CVS has been a staple of the east coast for several years.

#4 (In Las Vegas, anyway) CVS will not price match with "discount" stores such as Wal Mart, Target, Kmart, etc. Of course, each CVS location can make exceptions but policy dictates that they only price match with pharmacy chains (Rite Aid, Longs, Walgreens, Sav-On, etc.).

#5 EXCELLENT ADVICE!! If only more people took responsibility for their health by disclosing all of this information to their doctors and Pharmacists.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014