• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I didn't see this posted yet ...so here it goes....

Just received an email from Tracfone. They have introduced a new 30 min Card for $9.99. It extends your service end date by 45 days.

Also found a new 200 min card (+90 days) on their website (in case it's useful to folks)

Check out their Website

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good find. All their other cards are now good for 90 days. I always need the days not the minutes. Thanks for the heads up!

Good news for those of us that don't ever use all of our minutes. They still have not brought the refer a friend program back after discontinuing it in October. I'm still hoping they may revamp that one day.

we probably can thank the competition from Cingular GoPhone for this. This new policy makes the two 60 minute cards and refurb phone for $25 (plus tax) deal much hotter now.

After adding the 30 minute card to my cart it also offer an additional 365 days for $50.

I had about 200 minutes about to expire, but after purchasing both the $10 card and $50 extension, it told me that my existing minutes would roll over

$60 buys 30 minutes that lasts over 13 months (365 + 45).

Perfect timing OP...Thanks!

Can I buy a "minutes card" or order minutes like this from Tracfone, if I already have my Net10 tracfone minutes from Net10, and extend the remaining net10 minutes with it? Or are the minutes totally separate? (net10 is part of tracfone network, etc).

Service time is always more important to me. I think I have a pretty good deal cooked up here. Let me know what you think.

For my zip code area, TracFone.com is offering a reconditioned Nokia 1100 (no frills).

For 19.99, you get the phone, charger, and two 60-min cards.

I purchased two of these packages.

Four 60-min cards = 180 minutes
90-days of service on each card = 360 days

20 mins & 30 days on each phone (starter airtime) = 40 mins/60 days
20 mins per phone TracFone Insider bonus = 40 mins

Obviously, you will be changing phone/phone number at one point to make use of all the airtime.

My total price including tax & shipping was $42.78 For some reason, I got free shipping? They listed freight as $0.00 in the total, despite claiming it was $4.95 FedEx. YMMV

So, I get two phones, batteries & chargers, 420 days of service, 440 units(mins) for under $43 bucks. %5 FW CashBack = $2.00 & 1% credit card rebate = .43

Total after discounts: $40.57

Here is where it gets real interesting. Depending on which promo codes are active when the airtime cards are redeemed, there is potential for even more airtime. Often, there are promo codes available for 30 or more bonus units with each airtime card redemption.

For example: Use promotional code 51283 on any $19.99, $29.99, $49.99 or $79.99 refill for an extra 60 units free and 90 day expiration

At the end of it all, I have two phones, batteries & chargers that I can eBay, give to friends, etc.

IMHO, the 90day+60min for $20 is a better deal. You can add another 60 days for $10. So, 150days+60min for $30 is not bad. Can't use the minutes and don't have to worry about renewing for another 5 months. Airtime-wise, it's still 50cents a minute.

My new phone says 60 days 10 minutes starter (plus 10 minutes register on line), did the number of days decrease?

harlock001 said: 20 mins & 30 days on each phone (starter airtime) = 40 mins/60 days

You failed to explain why you think '150days+60min for $30' is better than '420 days of service, 440 units(mins) for under $43'? Sounds like one of the people that try and justify paying $100 for T-Mobile which would last three years using Tracfone.

If you are concerned about 50 cents a minute maybe you should not use Tracfone, as most Tracfone users are more concerned with the price per month. Plus in Texas 440 minutes for under $43 is less than 10 cents a minute

chanwmr said: IMHO, the 90day+60min for $20 is a better deal. You can add another 60 days for $10. So, 150days+60min for $30 is not bad. Can't use the minutes and don't have to worry about renewing for another 5 months. Airtime-wise, it's still 50cents a minute.

I know my posting was a little long-winded. The point I was trying to make was that buying physical airtime CARDS is probably a better deal than just buying the airtime as a code from Tracfone.com

The reason is the PROMO CODES.

Since you get TWO 60-unit cards with the reconditioned phone, you may be able to get a better value than the one 30-unit card.

Recent PROMO CODE: (May still be active, not sure)
Use promotional code 51283 on any $19.99, $29.99, $49.99 or $79.99 refill for an extra 60 units free and 90 day expiration.

Ignoring the two phones (I already have a TracFone), this gives you 480 units & 360 days of service for $43.00 You get even more minutes & airtime if you activate the other phones.

This is the post by 'BrainySmurf' that I was comparing this deal to...
After adding the 30 minute card to my cart it also offer an additional 365 days for $50.

Promo code 51283 was still active as of today - I added 60 units for $19.99 and got an additional 60 units PLUS 90 days of service!!

Thanks!

just used 57676 with 60 min card got 3 month's plus extra 30 days airtime free.

code 51283 still works. I just used it to buy a 200 minute card for $39.99, which doubles to 400 minutes because I have the 1 year double minute card I received 60 bonus minutes for a total of 460 minutes That's less than 10 cents per minute
I also received 90 more days.

w770496 said: just used 57676 with 60 min card got 3 month's plus extra 30 days airtime free.

I used it with a 60 minute card too. Got the 3 months for the card plus an extra 26 days. Instead of 60 minutes with the card, I got 70. I think this was the second time I used this code on this phone too. Didn't think you could use the code twice.

BrainySmurf said: After adding the 30 minute card to my cart it also offer an additional 365 days for $50.

I had about 200 minutes about to expire, but after purchasing both the $10 card and $50 extension, it told me that my existing minutes would roll over

Are they still offering the "additional 365 for $50." ?

Thanks for any updated info!

$5 for 30 days,
$10 for 60 days,
$50 for 365 days

Thanks for the info! I ended up purchasing 60 min. for 19.99, + 90 bonus minutes w/ code 50722, and then an add'l $50 for 1 yr. plan. Came to $74.70 w/ tax for an add'l 150 minutes and 455 days of service.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014