• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
04/27/07 Update - Baja Electric Starter Pack Solid Body Electric Guitar B Stock $35.46 plus shipping

Remember that B-Stock are usually open box returns (or perhaps even a display model). Some will have dings or scratches and some may have nothing.

10% off coupon (no need for a code) will automatically be reflected in your cart.

"This perfect student package contains everything you need to get started! Each kit includes a full size, 3 single-coil pickup electric guitar w/ gig bag, 6-watt Amplifier w/ 6” speaker, cable, strap, picks, and pitch pipe for tuning. Also includes DVD with 3 lessons to get you rockin’!"

--

Baja Classic Solid Body Electric Guitar Closeout $26.99 + shipping - Music123

Item shows $29.99 and will take 10% off when added to your cart.

Super Saver Shipping is listed as either $4.95 or $5.95. Free ship on $99 or more.

UPDATE: Link currently dead at the site. Be sure to check back as their items seem to appear and disappear and reappear at times.

Product Overview & Specs
Standard Features

Neck Material Maple
Pickguard White
Pickups 3 Single coil
Fingerboard Rosewood
Bridge/Tremolo Classic Fulcrum
Scale 25 1/2"
Inlays Dot
Machine Heads Die Cast Chrome
Body Hardwood
Controls 5-Way pick up switching with Volume, Tone, Tone controls
Case Included No
Neck Joint Bolt-On

==

UPDATE: Thanks to creamyhorror, JudFry and everyone for the links, advice and guitar tips. Great information and help.

Baja Electric Starter Pack Solid Body Electric Guitar Closeout Item# 28731 $44.99 + shipping

This perfect student package contains everything you need to get started! Each kit includes a full size, 3 single-coil pickup electric guitar w/ gig bag, 6-watt Amplifier w/ 6” speaker, cable, strap, picks, and pitch pipe for tuning. Also includes DVD with 3 lessons to get you rockin’!

Quality and excellence at an unheard of price! This well-made electric guitar features a hardwood body, maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. Plays easy and it's easy on the wallet.

==

UPDATE: If you aren't interested in the accessories package and just want an electric guitar, this Fullerton is also on sale with the 10% off. Choose either "Blue Black Burst" or "Black" in the drop down menu.

Fullerton ST3 3 Single-Coil Pickup Solid Body Electric Guitar Closeout Item# 291044 $44.99 + shipping

The Fullerton ST3 is an ideal starter guitar for any style, rock, metal or country. Features a slim fast maple neck, traditional tremolo, 3 single coil pick ups and hardwood body.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Black (open box) guitar packs are now available for $39.99.

BlueTopaz (May. 04, 2007 @ 9:36p) |

Doesn't seem like it, not at that link anyway. The deals at Music123 have mainly run out.

creamyhorror (May. 04, 2007 @ 9:46p) |

Yeah, open box is no longer an option. I linked directly to it.

Edit: The $39.99 deal I saw at Music123 is also available... (more)

BlueTopaz (May. 04, 2007 @ 10:21p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

And now for our closing number this song by The Who ,written by Mr Peter Townshend.

The value pack at $20 more is a better deal if you don't have a bag, cables, pitch pipe, strap and amp already:
Baja Electric Starter Pack

edit: Don't forget CashBack

creamyhorror said: The value pack at $20 more is a better deal if you don't have a bag, cables, pitch pipe, strap and amp already:

Thanks for the upgrade link, and for OP's posting!

Forwarded the link to my brother, as a hint for my son's B-day coming up next week.....

guitar for 30 bucks?
i'm sure they are just beginner's stuff but wow...
thanks for sharing HAstros, creamyhorror

Guess I will bite.

creamyhorror said: The value pack at $20 more is a better deal if you don't have a bag, cables, pitch pipe, strap and amp already:

Nice. The 10% off essentially gives you free shipping on it too.

Get the Baja Electric Starter Pack for $49.99.

I got one and the package is well worth the $55. Way better then the Amazon.com guitar package a few months ago.

Just in case anyone cares, bought one of these. In my case, I had to tune the guitar every day i wanted to play it...

so mon. i tune and play then tues. i have to tune to play.

just FYI..

roobixx said: Just in case anyone cares, bought one of these. In my case, I had to tune the guitar every day i wanted to play it...

so mon. i tune and play then tues. i have to tune to play.

just FYI..

They only have (2) reviews listed, but one of them says " Do yourself a favor, and buy a good set of strings to go on it as the ones that come with it are not good at all, and don't hold their tune." So maybe you need new strings

There are more reviews on the package deal, here is one i thought was good:

"I've toured with Megadeth and Slayer as a sound guy and songwriter, and let me tell you that when I bought this, I honestly bought it so that, when playing my fender on stage, I could switch it out for my fender. and smash it. But then I started playing it for the heck of it, and I realized that it's amazing. The strap is ehhhh. The sound is superb not a lot of buzz and the amp is well...... it'll break. But it held me off while practicing for a month. The guitar is soooo beautiful, and it sounds so great, and I sincerely don't understand how BAJA can sell it for this price. Better than any strat copy. Better than the 9 strats I own. Fabulous. One thing though. When you play it, dont think of how much you paid for it, you might faint. Also, just so you know, I ended up smashing the fender instead."

As mentioned, there are a lot more (generally quite positive) reviews for this guitar at the listing for the starter kit. Also, there has already been quite some discussion about this axe at this thread.

Fine instrument - I've already bought two (for my son and myself) plus a bass (now no longer available at the same great price). And while I bought the guitar starter kits because it was cheaper than just the guitar at the time, I honestly think this is a better deal because you can buy a way better practice amp separately. Or even a big boy gig amp if you're already at that point!

zackr said: There are more reviews on the package deal, here is one i thought was good:

"I've toured with Megadeth and Slayer as a sound guy and songwriter, and let me tell you that when I bought this, I honestly bought it so that, when playing my fender on stage, I could switch it out for my fender. and smash it. But then I started playing it for the heck of it, and I realized that it's amazing. The strap is ehhhh. The sound is superb not a lot of buzz and the amp is well...... it'll break. But it held me off while practicing for a month. The guitar is soooo beautiful, and it sounds so great, and I sincerely don't understand how BAJA can sell it for this price. Better than any strat copy. Better than the 9 strats I own. Fabulous. One thing though. When you play it, dont think of how much you paid for it, you might faint. Also, just so you know, I ended up smashing the fender instead."

Hey zackr,
I own a Strat and have been playing for 35 years. And though I have not played this Baja, I find it hard to believe he would choose it over a Fender Strat. He also mentioned he is a sound guy and songwriter. Wonder what part of the show the "soundguy" runs out with his guitar and smashes it? LOL. For this price though, it should make a great guitar for the beginner and for sure the child that may quit his/her lessons after a month. I may get this just for kicks....you know...when I feel the need to smash one. LOL.

-1%

zackr said: "I've toured with Megadeth and Slayer as a sound guy and songwriter, and let me tell you that when I bought this, I honestly bought it so that, when playing my fender on stage, I could switch it out for my fender. and smash it. But then I started playing it for the heck of it, and I realized that it's amazing. The strap is ehhhh. The sound is superb not a lot of buzz and the amp is well...... it'll break. But it held me off while practicing for a month. The guitar is soooo beautiful, and it sounds so great, and I sincerely don't understand how BAJA can sell it for this price. Better than any strat copy. Better than the 9 strats I own. Fabulous. One thing though. When you play it, dont think of how much you paid for it, you might faint. Also, just so you know, I ended up smashing the fender instead."

Lol, that guy can't be serious.

the1percent said: zackr said: There are more reviews on the package deal, here is one i thought was good:

Hey zackr,
I own a Strat and have been playing for 35 years. And though I have not played this Baja, I find it hard to believe he would choose it over a Fender Strat. He also mentioned he is a sound guy and songwriter. Wonder what part of the show the "soundguy" runs out with his guitar and smashes it? LOL. For this price though, it should make a great guitar for the beginner and for sure the child that may quit his/her lessons after a month. I may get this just for kicks....you know...when I feel the need to smash one. LOL.

-1%

hey i just quoted him, but in other reviews, others have said that this guitar is better than most non-usa made strats. and it gets high reviews from just about everyone, which makes me wonder if they remove bad reviews?

Thanks OP!

I bought one, then went back and got another.

I figured I'd give it to my young son so maybe he'd stop touching his Daddys Strat, OR grunge(or whatever new-fangled slang these young whippersnappers use) it up for my 14-yr old nephew who is "in a band". He did however say that he hates Strats and black on a guitar is "trite". I bet he'd change his tune if we customized it just for him with some weirdness.

OR we may customize both anyway and auction them off for cash or charity.
Not much of a loss I figure either way. Even as purely a novelty/decorative item it doesn't look like such a bad deal.

-G

i received mine about 2 weeks ago, and alls well so far!

nice guitar, especially for the price, holding in tune with strings
that came on it, amp is cheap...but does what its made for, practicing.

a great value for the $$$'s - daughter loves it.

I received the starter pack guitar and extras for this baja guitar the other day for my son. It has major wow factor and plays well. I would say I do have to agree it does need tuned every day, no biggie. Bad thing is with the amp, now i can really here *smoke on the water* a 1,000 times a day, God help me!

QponFreebieQueen said: I received the starter pack guitar and extras for this baja guitar the other day for my son. It has major wow factor and plays well. I would say I do have to agree it does need tuned every day, no biggie. Bad thing is with the amp, now i can really here *smoke on the water* a 1,000 times a day, God help me!

Queen, How dare you mock a song by The Greatest Band in the History of Recorded Sound?!!?!?

Okay, you're right, it's not exactly their finest moment...

What's the saying?

Whatever you do don't play "Smoke" in a guitar shop.

Or was it "Stairway"?

Looks like a good toss around axe for out in the shop. Bling it, distress it or otherwise experiment with some cool mods.

thanks OP, ordered one for my son.

I got the same package but a blue guitar from Amazon 5 months ago for $89.99.
The strings are still well tuned for the past 5 moths.
The 3rd string starts hitting the iron in some frets 2 months ago, but I can live with it as somebody told me another expensive guitar also has this situation. As long as you cannot hear it from the amp it would be fine.
Overall this is a great practice guitar. $49.99 is a decent price.

zackr said:
hey i just quoted him, but in other reviews, others have said that this guitar is better than most non-usa made strats. and it gets high reviews from just about everyone, which makes me wonder if they remove bad reviews?

Oh, I understand and I was thinking maybe he was just posting a funny review, but not having help held a Baja in my hands (as I mentioned) I will not judge it's worthiness. I may get one for my son anyway. Like another poster, I hate telling my son no when he asks to play my guitars.

Giser said: What's the saying?

Whatever you do don't play "Smoke" in a guitar shop.

Or was it "Stairway"?

Looks like a good toss around axe for out in the shop. Bling it, distress it or otherwise experiment with some cool mods.

"Stairway", don't play "Stairway" unless you can dodge tuner cranks and picks! Heck, you might get the axe (Cheeee Bing!)

On that tuning thing, dang if a kid is starting out, they won't think anything about tuning it daily or so. Sure a higher-end guitar will hold a tune longer, but that is the luxury you get when you fork over the big bucks. Being in the midst of a move, I haven't played my bass in weeks. Picked it up last night about about cringed at how flat it was, and it ain't no cheapie.

I have three of these, 1 for me and 1 for each son. They are well worth the money. Heck if you just wanted to saw the neck off and have a practice fingerboard, it's a good deal. I can think of many ways I wasted more money and have nothing for it. A bad movie, pop-corn, soda, and candy, or going out to eat etc... I'm thinking about buying one just to have at work for when I get frustrated and want to annoy the office.

I bought the starter pack. Thanks OP!

I've played acoustic for 10 years and have always tinkered with the idea of grabbing a cheap electric. So long as the reviews are accurate that it isn't total crap, I'll be very happy with a "mediocre" or better for this price!

Note: they also have this available in BLUE and OPEN BOX starter pack (use the drop-down menu) which is only $39.99 - 10%.

BLUE does not say 39.99? How to get the BLUE for 39.99 - 10%?

BLUE does not say 39.99? How to get the BLUE for 39.99 - 10%?

Open box inventory appears from time to time and has the cheaper price. But it seems to disappear quickly because of the extra discount. So you just have to keep checking the drop-down menu to see if any open box items are available.

JoeKDL said: I got the same package but a blue guitar from Amazon 5 months ago for $89.99.
The strings are still well tuned for the past 5 moths.
The 3rd string starts hitting the iron in some frets 2 months ago, but I can live with it as somebody told me another expensive guitar also has this situation. As long as you cannot hear it from the amp it would be fine.
Overall this is a great practice guitar. $49.99 is a decent price.

You'll find the neck of your guitar can bend slightly as the weather changes.`That's what's causing the buzz on your guitar even though it's never been there before. Either take it in to a store to have them set it up for you (for $20 or so) or google adjusting guitar intonation and adjusting guitar truss rod if you think you can handle it yourself.

Tell your friend with the expensive guitar this tip too.

I'm cryin!

I bought a cheap Chinese Strat copy exactly like this for well over $100 a couple months ago! Mine is red instead of black, otherwise identical. Probably made in the same factory. Lots of brands are selling these, and AllLookSame.com

FWIW: It's a pretty nice guitar. Straight neck, no sharp frets, *very* lightweight, low action, etc. I don't know about the Baja's but mine has crappy electronics (easily fixed). Hell, I should get one of these and turn it into an art project. It's cheaper than a stretched canvas, fer chrissakes!

Must...not...buy...another...guitar...willpower...weakening...

PS: Music123 is good about returns; but *call* them. They don't respond to email.

Is the link dead? It was working one second, then it gave an error just now.

in for one... thanks OP

dead.

The complete starter kit is still available for about $45 before shipping. Same guitar, plus an amp, carrying case, picks, and other knick-knacks. Probably a better overall deal.

Can you let me know whether this is a dar dark blue, or lighter blue. I am contemplating between the black and blue.

Also, any suggestions on what strings to get.

Thanks,

Farhana

the1percent said: zackr said: There are more reviews on the package deal, here is one i thought was good:

Hey zackr,

-1%

I ordered this guitar for my 3-year old daughter to beat on while I play GH2 on XBOX360; she'd destroy the GH2 controller in about 2 minutes. Thus, my only criteria in shopping for a guitar were:

1. cheap
2. durable

This fit the bill & I had no expectations about "playability".

Well, it arrived yesterday & I'm shocked at the high quality of this sub-$32 delivered guitar. It's exactly like the Megadeth guy above says - I too have been playing for over 30 years, and currently have a Gibson Les Paul (no, it's not as good as that), Fender Telecaster (never had a Strat), and have had a ton of other guitars from Ibanez, B.C. Rich, etc. over the years & this one stands up to nearly every one of those. Took it out of the box, tuned it by ear in less than a minute & plugged it into a little practice amp, and boy was I impressed - held its tuning, great intonation, excellent action, sounded nice.

This is an exceptional value & excellent for the beginner to moderate guitar player.

Hmmm, looks like maybe I'm going to have to give the Tele to my daughter now...

fkam said: Can you let me know whether this is a dar dark blue, or lighter blue. I am contemplating between the black and blue.

I got mine on Tuesday, and it's a very dark blue, almost black. I have to take mine into a very well lit room to see that it's actually blue.

Zdude

In for one of the Baja packs, thanks OP!!

Green for you!

Skipping 13 Messages...
Yeah, open box is no longer an option. I linked directly to it.

Edit: The $39.99 deal I saw at Music123 is also available at Woodwind & Brasswind.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014