• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I know it's been a bit lower, but this might offer a PM opportunity to some.

Best Buy's ad for 4/22 - 4/28 Has the SD1000 (silver is shown)

For 249.99 "Before Instant Savings"

It also mentions "Was 299.99" and "$65" total savings, so one could infer that it will be ~235.

Edit - Confirmed 234.99, thx Stollen123

Starts Sunday April 22.

Link

Edit: It's 249.99 online now.

As mentioned by zealousalien (credit SD) it's 249.99 at the Egg, - $10 cpn EMC419FSD1K. Use the combo deal to add a free 2G SD card. This printer can be added to the deal FAR, Newegg only, using the linked rebate plus this combo rebate

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
wow, got a nice CSR (I guess), got it PM to bestbuy, then used 50 off 200 coupon AND (3) ink coupons. Final price 183.4... (more)

redrum3388 (Apr. 23, 2007 @ 1:30p) |

black is $224.99
sku 8266486

josh555 (Apr. 23, 2007 @ 11:45p) |

I know i am off topic here but i got a question. In you guys opinion, which of these camera got the best price to qualit... (more)

Xellos2099alpha (Apr. 24, 2007 @ 12:24p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary

Great I'll take a look a possibly add it to my SD800 I got last week at OD.

Potentially hot!

hmmm, wonder if that will be combinable with the 12% off coupon they mailed out.....

I really want the SD800 which is a little better. I believe the difference between the SD1000 and SD800 is as follows: SD800 has higher apature range, faster shutter speeds, 3.8 zoom instead of the 3 on the SD1000, and the SD800 has wider angle lens, 28mm vs 35 (lower number means wider angel photo). Staples and some other websites might be WRONG on the specs of the SD1000/SD800 such as saying both have 3x zoom. The SD800 has 3.8x zoom and is a little better overall for the above mentioned reasons. Since a lot of people like me must of missed the PM oppertunity on the SD800IS, I don't mind getting the SD1000.

Size difference is as follows for those that care:
SD800IS 89.5 x 58 x 25.1 mm at 150g
SD1000 85.9 x 53.5 x 19.4 mm at 125g

For correct specs:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0702/07022202canonsd750sd1000.asp
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0609/06091403_canon_sd800is.asp

Both very great cameras and they are getting ridiculously cheap. Staples website still has it listed at 299.99 so there is definitely price match + 50 off 200 coupon possibility there! Some might prefer the look of the SD1000 over the SD800 but they aren't that different. Other than that, I'm in for one if I can PM to a local Staples tomorrow.

IS?

shade45 said: IS?

No IS on the SD1000...one of the reasons I returned mine and got a SD800. The SD800 is absolutely amazing!

Could you really tell the different between IS and non IS camera?

citybay said: Could you really tell the different between IS and non IS camera?

Depends on the shot

Here is the math I did yesterday in another thread:

david8888 said: I just realized that you can get a cheaper SD1000 from St@ples.com with PM/AC, there were a lot of discussions about SD800IS, I think you can do the same PM/AC.

Here is the math:
SD1000 at St@ples.com: $299.98
Most local OfficeDep0t: $269.99 - 20% discount = $215.99
PM: (299.98-215.99)*110% = $92.39
eB@y $50 off Coupon ($1.58 to buy one)
The final price is: 299.98-92.39-50+1.58 = $159.17
Free shipping over $50 at St@ples.com
Of course, you need pay the tax & YMMV.

Good luck!

sopoor said:
Both very great cameras and they are getting ridiculously cheap. Staples website still has it listed at 299.99 so there is definitely price match + 50 off 200 coupon possibility there! Some might prefer the look of the SD1000 over the SD800 but they aren't that different. Other than that, I'm in for one if I can PM to a local Staples tomorrow.

FYI - I received (and threw out) some 10% off coupon (12% for RewardZone Members) off of stuff. I think you can use it on camera higher than $200? Or is it $300.

For people interested in this camera - definitely check out the coupon's detail.

Hot damn. I could get OM to PM it to BB and I have a $30 off $150 coupon. By my math, that's like $67.94! Or so...

nervegrind3r said: shade45 said: IS?

No IS on the SD1000...one of the reasons I returned mine and got a SD800. The SD800 is absolutely amazing!

i prefer sd800 because it has the IS feature.

"canon SD1000 7.1 MP Digital Camera +Free 2GB SD Card $239.99 +S/h.+FAR Photo Printer"

offered by Newegg.com. tipped off by slick-----; search around there for it.

Ok, I just pulled the trigger ahead of time for those of you interested in this deal. Called up Staples, price matched to Bestbuy which has free shipping, and had no problems using the 50 off 200 coupon which I bought from eBay for 1.50. Total is 226.84 shipped + 1.50 coupon = 228.34 total. I got careless because i rushed it, thinking that Staples might be out of stock due to the Fatwallet Effect. I could of price matched to either Newegg's price of 250 - 10 dollar off coupon, plus they have the 2 gig free and free card reader I believe. There are probably other websites that also has it cheaper but I didn't bother looking. Anyways, I'm pretty happy with the purchase despite the Texas tax but still OK at 228.34 total. I gotta run but good luck to all those who want this camera.

Remember the SD600 which sold so well without IS? The SD1000 is smaller than the SD800, and without IS, it will use less battery too I'm sure. Don't listen to people as though IS is ABSOLUTELY necessary. I had a Sony T50 with IS and I couldn't tell the difference between pictures taken with my old Canon A160 (3.2 mp, old old), night or day.

new image chips... should give out better results

kimdiman said: new image chips... should give out better results
Apparently not, i'm debating whether to jump on this deal, but the premilinary reviews for this camera have been saying that there is very noticeable noise at higher ISOs. It appears to be much more noisy than the SD600, and this would make consistenly good shots indoors more difficult.

sopoor said: Ok, I just pulled the trigger ahead of time for those of you interested in this deal. Called up Staples, price matched to Bestbuy which has free shipping, and had no problems using the 50 off 200 coupon which I bought from eBay for 1.50. Total is 226.84 shipped + 1.50 coupon = 228.34 total. I got careless because i rushed it, thinking that Staples might be out of stock due to the Fatwallet Effect. I could of price matched to either Newegg's price of 250 - 10 dollar off coupon, plus they have the 2 gig free and free card reader I believe. There are probably other websites that also has it cheaper but I didn't bother looking. Anyways, I'm pretty happy with the purchase despite the Texas tax but still OK at 228.34 total. I gotta run but good luck to all those who want this camera.

Remember the SD600 which sold so well without IS? The SD1000 is smaller than the SD800, and without IS, it will use less battery too I'm sure. Don't listen to people as though IS is ABSOLUTELY necessary. I had a Sony T50 with IS and I couldn't tell the difference between pictures taken with my old Canon A160 (3.2 mp, old old), night or day.

have you try taking a indoor picture w/o the flash on? or a outdoor night shot w/o flash ?

not all image stabilization are equal...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0701/07010501notimagestabilization.asp

locns said: Link #1: Canon PowerShot SD1000 Features

"The PowerShot SD1000 Digital ELPH features new ISO 1600 and High ISO Auto settings that reduce the effects of camera shake and sharpen subjects in low-light situations, giving you greater flexibility for shooting."

Link #2: Digital Photography Review

"Canon’s DIGIC III processor introduces several advancements that reduce the risk of blurred or poorly exposed photographs.... A new Auto ISO Shift function prevents blur by giving users the option to boost the ISO setting – and consequently shutter speed – with a single button press, whenever the camera predicts camera shake."

Would this "Auto ISO Shift" feature be equivalent to image stabilization?

And TTL its obvious to say that not all IS is equal. Its beside the point I was trying to make. Hell, how often do people touch the high ISO setting on their camera? The SD1000 is merely a slimmer SD600 that is also lighter. The SD600 sold very well, so why are people complaining about the SD1000? Noise problem at higher ISO? Then shoot at below the 1600 ISO.

As for taking pictures of inside pictures with the flash off. Why would I do that? Most people just set it to automatic and most indoor shots without the flash on is too dark, sometimes even in certain rooms in a house even with the sun outside it is still too dark.

Also, most pictures taken at very high resolution produces noise since the picture is so large. I never leave my pictures at the max of 7.1MP, the picture size are not practical for websites/email unless your archiving an important event (in which you wouldn't be using these cameras anyways). So when you shrink the pictures down from 7.1MP to around 1600x1200 resolution, it will look fine. Sure the picture looks really bad when zoomed in all the way, but most of us who have used a 7.1MP know how large such a picture is and I do shrink my pictures to 1600x1200.

david8888 said: Here is the math I did yesterday in another thread:

david8888 said: I just realized that you can get a cheaper SD1000 from St@ples.com with PM/AC, there were a lot of discussions about SD800IS, I think you can do the same PM/AC.

Here is the math:
SD1000 at St@ples.com: $299.98
Most local OfficeDep0t: $269.99 - 20% discount = $215.99
PM: (299.98-215.99)*110% = $92.39
eB@y $50 off Coupon ($1.58 to buy one)
The final price is: 299.98-92.39-50+1.58 = $159.17
Free shipping over $50 at St@ples.com
Of course, you need pay the tax & YMMV.

Good luck!

sopoor said:

called many local OD in los angeles area..some have it some dont.. and the price is $299 and no 20% discount...

sopoor said:

Remember the SD600 which sold so well without IS? The SD1000 is smaller than the SD800, and without IS, it will use less battery too I'm sure. Don't listen to people as though IS is ABSOLUTELY necessary. I had a Sony T50 with IS and I couldn't tell the difference between pictures taken with my old Canon A160 (3.2 mp, old old), night or day..................

And TTL its obvious to say that not all IS is equal. Its beside the point I was trying to make. Hell, how often do people touch the high ISO setting on their camera? The SD1000 is merely a slimmer SD600 that is also lighter. The SD600 sold very well, so why are people complaining about the SD1000? Noise problem at higher ISO? Then shoot at below the 1600 ISO.

As for taking pictures of inside pictures with the flash off. Why would I do that? Most people just set it to automatic and most indoor shots without the flash on is too dark, sometimes even in certain rooms in a house even with the sun outside it is still too dark.

I was commenting on your "IS is not absolutely necessary", BUT it would help a great deal if you have it, and why would you take indoor pictures w/o a flash. Because these little compacts take dark weak pictures more than 6 feet away w/ flash on. And without the flash, IS OFF you get blurry pictures.

And heres my point...pictures taken w/ Canon 800IS at this year's NYC autoshow, the flash function was not very useful at this event. And if it was not for the IS on the 800IS, it would be a waste to bring along the camera

Cars at least 6 feet away

IS on, Indoor Flash on
http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=67897_IMG_0324_122_882lo.JPG

IS on, Indoor Flash off
http://img171.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=67898_IMG_0328_122_524lo.JPG

IS on, Indoor Flash off, zoom in
http://img103.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=67903_IMG_0386_122_600lo.JPG

coupon from eBay..50 0ff 200 some are for online/phone..some are claiming its also for in store.. is this correct... and can we use them with digital camera at Staples in addition to price match

any one tried the PM to bb plus Staples customer 12% off ( starts today)

called bestbuy they have it in store for $234.99

this is a good PM opportunity with Staples

I think the SD800IS would be my pick, as it has a 28mm lens. Also the SD1000 is very good, it is very small and would fit in any normal pocket or purse with ease. I am in the hunt for something smaller than my "ancient" Canon A70 and Canon A95 (owned by daughter), I hate to give up the simple AA rechargeable batteries (holds 4) in these "A" series for the more limited battery power of these improved, and smaller Canon models. Just a tradeoff.

In an off the thread comment, the Canon SD630 (with a 3" LCD viewfinder versus a 2.5" on the others) sells at BJ's wholesale club for $239, which is almost a great price. The 3" viewfinder is good, since it seems like 75% of the viewing of my pictures by others is right on the camera over the dining room table or outdoors, most of the rest in emails or photo albums online. And a few < 5% are actually printed.

I am waiting for Dell to breakthru on the price of the SD800IS. Thanks OP. good find.

Is it possible to price match staple to best buy then applied a 50 off 200 in store coupon? to made this deal even hotter?

Xellos2099alpha said: Is it possible to price match staple to best buy then applied a 50 off 200 in store coupon? to made this deal even hotter?

i called Staples.com they said pm and online coupon can be combined... they also said you can do it in store(with an in store coupon)

called Staples local store they said you can do pm and regarding combining it with an in store coupon she said i have to come to the store and to talk to the manager he has to over write it.. so i guess it is possible but it depends on the manager mood

What do u think is a better camera? a SD 1000 or a Sony W-55 that is on sale this week?

well canon is known for a very good quality especially in digital cam... sony are also good especially when they use carl zeis lens.. but from what i hear sony do change their models very quick and so is their support for the models they phase out..

i dont know about this particular sony model.. but i would go for a canon if i had to choose between the two

i just bought an sd1000 for $216.17, shipped.

price match $239.99 on Amazon, with the $50 eBay coupon.
i don't really know the calculations, but after tax and everything, its 216.17.

awesome deal.

i called Staples.com did pm to bestbuy and used 50 off coupon got it for $208 and i will get it this tuesday with free shipping

It is a hit and miss with Staples CSRs:
First CSR: 'We do not price match with Amazon.com'
Second CSR: 'We do not accept coupons with price matching'

More luck with the third CSR. She price matched Amazon, but she insisted that the shipping method was similar. Initially, she ended up with Expidited shipping using Adorama Camera (which is the default seller?). However, Amazon.com is listed under 'More buying choices' and she opted for Standard shipping.

So the price match is for:
Items: $239.94
Shipping & Handling: $6.17
Total Before Tax: $246.11

I did manage to use the coupon ($2 or so on eBay), so including NJ Tax/Free Shipping the deal came down to $204.11, which is a great deal.

wow, got a nice CSR (I guess), got it PM to bestbuy, then used 50 off 200 coupon AND (3) ink coupons. Final price 183.47 (tax included), thanks OP!

black is $224.99
sku 8266486

I know i am off topic here but i got a question. In you guys opinion, which of these camera got the best price to quality value? SD1000 with price match and 50 off, Sony w55 for 180 with 50 off, Fuji V10 for 140 with possible 30 dollar rebate and Fuji F20 with possible $30 rebate?

All of these seems ike very good camera and i do not know what to get. I guess Canon got the best advanatge since it take SD card which I got and they are cheap. Memory stick and xd can tend to get expensive

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014