• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
AdoramaPix.comis having a mothers day sale on 11x14 prints for only $1.99 each (expires 5/07/07), I have used them before for my small prints but never for my posters I'm gene give them a try now.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
For those who got in on this Michael's art & craft store sells 2 cheap 11 x 14 frames with glass for only $6. LINK I cou... (more)

oxygenmm (May. 15, 2007 @ 9:57a) |

I got my order on matte paper, they are absolutely friggin amazing looking. WOW did this deal work out.

shadow13x (May. 30, 2007 @ 6:43p) |

Walgreens has decent quality metal and glass 11x14 frames for about $7 (regular price). Once a month or so, they are on... (more)

johnny98 (May. 30, 2007 @ 6:53p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

I've ordered from them before - they do great work. I highly recommend Adorama.

Thanks OP.

Shipping looks like $4.95.

N 4 2, thanks OP

great company, enjoy your prints, they rock

Will pics from a 4 mega pixel camera look okay in 11x14? Thanks

Thanks for the heads up!

They are doing some mother's day promo. $1.99 includes frame too. However shipping is not free.

Shipping is a flat $4.95, no matter how many prints you order.

Regarding 4MP images, if the image is really sharp to begin with, with good lighting and contrast, then it will look OK at 11x14. If your image is not the best, then a bigger print will exaggerate the poor image quality.

johnny98 said: Shipping is a flat $4.95, no matter how many prints you order.

Regarding 4MP images, if the image is really sharp to begin with, with good lighting and contrast, then it will look OK at 11x14. If your image is not the best, then a bigger print will exaggerate the poor image quality.
yes, also depends on the camera/lens, ect... cheap plastic or glass..

THE best among consumer level online printing services, by FAR.

According to the live operator, the frame is not included.....any link which states that it is?

Just want to say THANK YOU! I've been waiting for this for a while; the first time they ran their 1.99 deal I bought about 20 prints, last time it was about 40, and now I might end up buying 100 or more.... Terrible for my wallet but I've been building a portfolio of 11x14's and after using that there's no going back to 8x10's

Just my 2 cents; While I see (much to my chagrin) that they're charging 50 cents a print more for Kodak Endura, I would STRONGLY recommend using that paper, it's drastically better than Royal.

While I don't know the quality of the posters at that site, I've used shortrunposters:
Text
They have posters that are 18x24 at 1.99 each (not a sale, it's always like that), but b/c of minimum s/h it's only a hot deal if you order several, like 8 or more (I think I got 10 for around 30$ shipped). They were also a little slow in my case (ordered march 8, received at the end of the month), but I would happily use them again and may do so in the near future.

Bob877 said: Just want to say THANK YOU! I've been waiting for this for a while; the first time they ran their 1.99 deal I bought about 20 prints, last time it was about 40, and now I might end up buying 100 or more.... Terrible for my wallet but I've been building a portfolio of 11x14's and after using that there's no going back to 8x10's
I know its an odd question, but how do they ship them? In a sturdy mailer/envelope or some kind of thin box or some other method. Thx.

rocker86 said: Bob877 said: Just want to say THANK YOU! I've been waiting for this for a while; the first time they ran their 1.99 deal I bought about 20 prints, last time it was about 40, and now I might end up buying 100 or more.... Terrible for my wallet but I've been building a portfolio of 11x14's and after using that there's no going back to 8x10's
I know its an odd question, but how do they ship them? In a sturdy mailer/envelope or some kind of thin box or some other method. Thx.

Carton tube box.

How do they include the frame in a tube? Am I not understanding "carton tube box" correctly?

nfg05 said: How do they include the frame in a tube? Am I not understanding "carton tube box" correctly?

Sorry, I thought they only ship the poster pic. My bad.

Spac3d said: Will pics from a 4 mega pixel camera look okay in 11x14? ThanksThat depends.

How far away from the poster do you plan on standing?

Leon2000 said: Carton tube box.

Mine came in a tube. A box has corners.

Carton tube box.

When I've ordered the 11x14s, they place cardboard on either side of the prints, and ship it in an envelope. I've never received damaged prints.

Why not just get a photo printer and print out your own pictures instead of being held hostage by a service like this?

shingletingle said: Why not just get a photo printer and print out your own pictures instead of being held hostage by a service like this?

Good point. I print maybe 100 4x6s, and about 10 8x10s or 11x14s a year. So I spend maybe $60 on prints a year. Know where I can get a cheap, high quality photo printer and paper?

shingletingle said: Why not just get a photo printer and print out your own pictures instead of being held hostage by a service like this?

(most) ink is expensive. quality paper is expensive. & i also don't have to buy a photo printer.

as regard to size and picture quality here is a handly chart

chart

how much would it approx. cost to frame the 11x14 size posters ?

I've been waiting for them to have a promo, but I need 5x7 prints - anyone know of a code? tia

Mine always came in a cardboard box, well protected. They might treat small orders differently; I've never bought less than 20.

nitinv said: how much would it approx. cost to frame the 11x14 size posters ?

Depends on how fancy a frame and mat you want. A basic metal frame with glass covering and no matt can be as little as $5 to $10. A high quality custom job can be $100-$200 and up.

nitinv said: how much would it approx. cost to frame the 11x14 size posters ?
I've gotten several inexpensive 16x20 frames w/an 11x14 mat from Michael's for around $15 ea. They look pretty nice.

Can anyone verify whether this Mother's Day special from Adorama comes with a frame?

This is perfect! I was looking for a place to print out my new star wars stamp pictures that I found in another FW thread:

Here

I have to say that I really appreciated their interface too, I was looking at printing these pictures from sam's club or walgreens and this blows them away.

nice find.

Adorama is a professional lab. They have been targeting consumers with their web offers, but mostly do pro work. Many in NYC have been using them for years, myself included.

canoner2000 said: THE best among consumer level online printing services, by FAR.

rocker86 said:

Not an odd question. They are shipped flat, sealed within two durable cardboards, in a hard box or package depending upon how many you order.

You guys keep saying "posters"... are these on poster paper (flimsy) or is it photo paper (stiff)?

raistlinpsu said: You guys keep saying "posters"... are these on poster paper (flimsy) or is it photo paper (stiff)?
It's printed on photo paper. "Poster" is just referring to the size. Anything larger than 8x10s are generally called "poster-sized" prints.

Thanks, just in time for my vacation pics

I got in on this deal last time it came around. They are defiantly shipped in between cardboard. None were damaged. I also wanted to buy some from Shutterfly to compare since I had some free ones. These came out darker and really ruined the pictures. No one else has mentioned this so just might be an isolated incident. But just wanted to throw it out there.

Skipping 52 Messages...
oxygenmm said: For those who got in on this Michael's art & craft store sells 2 cheap 11 x 14 frames with glass for only $6. LINK I couldn't find it online I picked up over the weekend.

Walgreens has decent quality metal and glass 11x14 frames for about $7 (regular price). Once a month or so, they are on sale for half price.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014