• 17 8 9101153
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Got this on .com's from GoDaddy this morning:

special 25% OFF* sale expires July 31, 2008

code gdp0705b

Haven't used it yet, only got the email.

rated:
In two transactions to renew my hosting plan x 2 years and my .com x 9 years

gds0124a - 25% off $75
ZINE3 - 30% off 9 year .com renewal plan

Best deal I could find for that combination of purchases. Works as of 07/08/08. Hope that helps someone.

rated:
SteveDuke2003 said: In two transactions to renew my hosting plan x 2 years and my .com x 9 years

gds0124a - 25% off $75
ZINE3 - 30% off 9 year .com renewal plan

Best deal I could find for that combination of purchases. Works as of 07/08/08. Hope that helps someone.

definitely did!! thanks!

rated:
Yep, I gotta admit, I'm dumping GoDaddy in favor of name.com as my registrar. $5.99/year price includes private whois; even with promo codes, GoDaddy is $6.85 for .com domain name + $6.95 private whois. Plus I see GoDaddy has raised their prices on new domain name registration.

I have two domains getting ready to expire @ the end of this month, and another two in the next few months, plus I have a new one I want to register. $25 total @ name.com including private whois, vs. $69 @ GoDaddy for the same service. Thanks but no thanks, I'll take my $44 savings from name.com and be happy with it.

GoDaddy used to be the maverick, the one to go to. I think name.com has now taken over that spot.

rated:
HotStuff2 said: Yep, I gotta admit, I'm dumping GoDaddy in favor of name.com as my registrar. $5.99/year price includes private whois; even with promo codes, GoDaddy is $6.85 for .com domain name + $6.95 private whois. Plus I see GoDaddy has raised their prices on new domain name registration.

I have two domains getting ready to expire @ the end of this month, and another two in the next few months, plus I have a new one I want to register. $25 total @ name.com including private whois, vs. $69 @ GoDaddy for the same service. Thanks but no thanks, I'll take my $44 savings from name.com and be happy with it.

GoDaddy used to be the maverick, the one to go to. I think name.com has now taken over that spot.

I noticed that they $5.99 price is for *limited time offer. 1 year new registrations only. So, what will the cost be after the first year? I've looked in the site and I can't find a price list for .com.

However, I see your point. Even if the renewal would be $9.99, with the $6.85 GoDaddy adds for the private whois, it's still a better value.

rated:
Just register 5 or more domains at one time at GoDaddy using the Bulk Register option and private registration is free. Also, coupon codes still work on bulk registrations. Just registered 5 .coms for two years at GoDaddy with privacy for $77 using the 25% off code someone posted here. Considering the number of domains I have registered at GoDaddy, switching registrars would be a pain.

EDIT: Just put a domain into the cart at name.com and changed the term to 2 years. Cost showed as $15.54. GoDaddy cost for same with 25% off coupon was $15.38. Unless GoDaddy coupons become scarce, I'm sticking with them.

rated:
MrRoboto said: HotStuff2 said: Yep, I gotta admit, I'm dumping GoDaddy in favor of name.com as my registrar. $5.99/year price includes private whois; even with promo codes, GoDaddy is $6.85 for .com domain name + $6.95 private whois. Plus I see GoDaddy has raised their prices on new domain name registration.

I noticed that they $5.99 price is for *limited time offer. 1 year new registrations only. So, what will the cost be after the first year? I've looked in the site and I can't find a price list for .com.

However, I see your point. Even if the renewal would be $9.99, with the $6.85 GoDaddy adds for the private whois, it's still a better value.

I can understand the need for private registration for personal websites, but I still can't wrap my mind around why it's so popular with some businesses.

What business wants to offer less trust to their potential customers and site users? People are looking for a reason NOT to buy when they frequent your websites. Why would you give it to them?

Just curious.

rated:
magicanswers said: MrRoboto said: HotStuff2 said: Yep, I gotta admit, I'm dumping GoDaddy in favor of name.com as my registrar. $5.99/year price includes private whois; even with promo codes, GoDaddy is $6.85 for .com domain name + $6.95 private whois. Plus I see GoDaddy has raised their prices on new domain name registration.

I can understand the need for private registration for personal websites, but I still can't wrap my mind around why it's so popular with some businesses.

What business wants to offer less trust to their potential customers and site users? People are looking for a reason NOT to buy when they frequent your websites. Why would you give it to them?

Just curious.
To help curb spam. Lost of spammers mine whois for the email addresses, and then sell them to companies who are looking to send out bulk email.

Personally, I do one-year registrations, and I only have 4 domains, so the bulk option @ GoDaddy isn't for me; Name.com represents a better deal. True, while it might be a "limited time offer", if it's cheaper @ GoDaddy next year, I'll just transfer back to them then. IIRC, doesn't GoDaddy have a $1.99 domain name xfer deal that's been going on for a while now?

rated:
HotStuff2 said: magicanswers said: MrRoboto said: HotStuff2 said: Yep, I gotta admit, I'm dumping GoDaddy in favor of name.com as my registrar. $5.99/year price includes private whois; even with promo codes, GoDaddy is $6.85 for .com domain name + $6.95 private whois. Plus I see GoDaddy has raised their prices on new domain name registration.

Just curious.
To help curb spam. Lost of spammers mine whois for the email addresses, and then sell them to companies who are looking to send out bulk email.

Personally, I do one-year registrations, and I only have 4 domains, so the bulk option @ GoDaddy isn't for me; Name.com represents a better deal. True, while it might be a "limited time offer", if it's cheaper @ GoDaddy next year, I'll just transfer back to them then. IIRC, doesn't GoDaddy have a $1.99 domain name xfer deal that's been going on for a while now?

Nope. Not a good enough reason for me. Hiding behind a private registration sends more business away than you think. There are better ways to deal with spam than private regs.

Not working for me partner. Sorry. Hiding behind a private reg for a business is bad business. People want to know who they are dealing with. If it comes to dealing with a bit of spam in order to build more trust with my customers, I'll take the spam.

rated:
magicanswers said: Nope. Not a good enough reason for me. Hiding behind a private registration sends more business away than you think. There are better ways to deal with spam than private regs.

Not working for me partner. Sorry. Hiding behind a private reg for a business is bad business. People want to know who they are dealing with. If it comes to dealing with a bit of spam in order to build more trust with my customers, I'll take the spam.
It doesn't really matter if it's a "good enough reason for you" or not. :rolleyes: You're not the one who owns the registration, they do. If they choose to do a private registration, what do you care? What business is it of yours? Seriously. As long as the website has contact information that's valid, that's all that should matter, if it matters at all, not who registered it. If you don't like it, that's your business. Lots of people - myself included - don't really care about the WHOIS. And I'm betting the company doesn't really care if you go elsewhere. Buh-bye.

Have you looked at the WHOIS, for, say, Amazon.com or eBay.com? Yeah, that'll tell you a lot about the business.

Besides, how many times have you seen totally BOGUS info on a WHOIS? I've seen it plenty of times. Sometimes they even try to make it look legit (John Doe as the name, etc.) Either way, they simply don't want their private information out on the 'net. That's their business, not mine.

rated:
Gee, I love it when a forum nazi rolls in and talks down to one of the other users with what seems to be real authority.

But you don't know the first thing about business.

Thanks for the input, Hoss.

rated:
magicanswers said: Gee, I love it when a forum nazi rolls in and talks down to one of the other users with what seems to be real authority.

But you don't know the first thing about business.

Thanks for the input, Hoss.
New member, 8 posts, registered may 2008. Heed thy own advice, n00b. :rolleyes:

You asked (I quote: "just curious"), I answered, but you didn't like the answer? Too bad for you. Not that anyone really cares what you think, of course, but I'm betting you think your opinion is worth something. It's not.

Don't go away mad...just go away.

Just an FYI...I've been a small business owner since 1997. Professional consultant. Do quite well for myself, thank you very much. Billed over $4k to my clients last month, and I only worked ~15 hours a week. I could do better, but I'm lazy these days...I don't much feel like working 40+ hours any more, and I don't need to. I've retired once already, but that got really old, doing nothing but relaxing all the time. And I'm not even 40 yet.

You should be so lucky.

rated:
Don't go with name.com since their price is just a 1-year promo. After that, you won't want to deal with the hassle of transferring out your domain.

So we're stuck with GoDaddy, because it's trustworthy, stable and seems to have good deals. GoDaddy may be the biggest, but it also seems to be the ugliest and most obnoxious. Does anyone else get a that sick feeling when looking at the GoDaddy billboard, um I mean site?

These GoDaddy codes worked for me:
goxtgi200c $6.85 dot com
gdp0627h $6.99 dot com, net, org...

Update: I'm quite happy with GoDaddy's service, and will use them again. I would recommend them, just ignore their ads! I registered 15 years worth of domains for $106.

rated:
HotStuff2 said: Personally, I do one-year registrations

You should know that search engines tend to consider domains that are registered for one year as having a high probability of being "spammy." I do SEO for a living and always recommend at least a two year registration to avoid the potential ranking penalty. Maybe search engine rankings aren't important to you right now, but I thought you should know.

rated:
moneyisnteverything said: Don't go with name.com since their price is just a 1-year promo. After that, you won't want to deal with the hassle of transferring out your domain.Puh-lease. Transferring a name to a new registrar is simple and easy. All you have to do is initiate the xfer then wait for the email to confirm it. How is that a "hassle"?

Besides, there's a good chance that come this time next year, Name.com will have some other type of deal in place. Regardless, even if they're the *same* price for a one-year registration, the included private registration for free makes them a better deal.

Shredfest said: HotStuff2 said: Personally, I do one-year registrationsYou should know that search engines tend to consider domains that are registered for one year as having a high probability of being "spammy." I do SEO for a living and always recommend at least a two year registration to avoid the potential ranking penalty. Maybe search engine rankings aren't important to you right now, but I thought you should know.I know that already. However, they also tend to look at the initial registration date, and other criteria. I personally don't really care about page rankings nor "search engine penalties", since search engines, especially Google and Yahoo, can be manipulated quite easily if you know what you're doing. Search engine rankings will NEVER be important to me. Period.

rated:
moneyisnteverything said: Don't go with name.com since their price is just a 1-year promo.
Which explains why I always pump my Nodaddy domains up to 9 years just before transferring to NAME.COM.

Next.

TYTBUDGET

rated:
globestar said: Great site for GoDaddy coupons

<snip>
Nice try at self-promotion, buddy. NOT. Mods deleted your first attempt, you think the second one won't be gone just as quickly?

rated:
SAVE 25% off $75. gds0124a

rated:
new GoDaddy code for any hosting: "LINUX"
at least 10%

rated:
Just used BTPS5 (20% off $50) today and it worked.

rated:
moneyisnteverything said: Don't go with name.com since their price is just a 1-year promo. After that, you won't want to deal with the hassle of transferring out your domain.

So we're stuck with GoDaddy, because it's trustworthy, stable and seems to have good deals. GoDaddy may be the biggest, but it also seems to be the ugliest and most obnoxious. Does anyone else get a that sick feeling when looking at the GoDaddy billboard, um I mean site?

These GoDaddy codes worked for me:
goxtgi200c $6.85 dot com
gdp0627h $6.99 dot com, net, org...

Update: I'm quite happy with GoDaddy's service, and will use them again. I would recommend them, just ignore their ads! I registered 15 years worth of domains for $106.

Thanks for the code I just used "goxtgi200c $6.85 dot com" for 2 domains I paid $14.10 instead of $20.38 that's 6.28 off my order thanks for the save

rated:
The code gds0124a still works for the 25% off.

rated:
The code cjcnot695 still works for renewals. I just used it. $7.15 total for .com

rated:
just wondering...first time registering a name...someone told me you have to have it pointed to the hosting site you are on?? I am wondering how that is done or should I just register domain thru website I am on. Hope this somehow makes sense. Thank you for any help.

rated:
joymisa said: just wondering...first time registering a name...someone told me you have to have it pointed to the hosting site you are on?? I am wondering how that is done or should I just register domain thru website I am on. Hope this somehow makes sense. Thank you for any help.
Nope. Just go ahead and get that bad boy registered; you can host it whenever you want (or never, for that matter).

TYTBUDGET

rated:
FU1 and FU3 are valid codes, but I'm not sure exactly what they are for. Is there a way to check so you can add them?

rated:
Shredfest said: HotStuff2 said: Personally, I do one-year registrations

You should know that search engines tend to consider domains that are registered for one year as having a high probability of being "spammy." I do SEO for a living and always recommend at least a two year registration to avoid the potential ranking penalty. Maybe search engine rankings aren't important to you right now, but I thought you should know.

LOL, Thanks for the good laugh.

You dont get penalized for only registering your site for a year. I've analyzed many websites and there is no pattern to websites with longer registrations doing better. There are many companies with established, reputable sites, that only register websites yearly for budgetary reasons.

Test the logic out for yourself. If Nestles decides to promote a candy bar they have by launching a viral campaign and thus a new website for the viral campaign and they promote that website to be a viral hub for their website, do you really think it would be good for Google to penalize the viral site because Nestles only registered the site for a year which would equal the length of time they wanted to run their viral campaign?

Unless you have solid evidence of this "registration length penalty" by Google, then please don't post garbage.

rated:
Cosmod said: The code cjcnot695 still works for renewals. I just used it. $7.15 total for .com

Thanks - I just used this code and it worked on my 2 year .com renewal. I was renewing a .net at the same time and it did not discount that. Is anyone aware if there are any discounts for anything other than .com names?

My overall total for my order went from $30.31 to $24.23 - not bad!

rated:
donrull said: FU1 and FU3 are valid codes, but I'm not sure exactly what they are for. Is there a way to check so you can add them?

FU1 = 10% off any order
FU2 = $5 off $30 order

rated:
From Go Daddy's newsletter:

Register, transfer or renew as many .COM domains as you want for 30% OFF, just $6.99/yr!

Order online at GoDaddy.com or call 1-480-505-8821 today! To get your discount, simply enter source code gdp0804c in your shopping cart or mention the code when you call.

This special 30% OFF sale expires August 31, 2008

rated:
Make the most of your weekend!
SAVE 20% off your order of $75 or more now through Sunday!*

Whatever you've been hoping to do online, this weekend is the perfect time to get started! But this special offer expires Sunday, August 10, 2008 at midnight (Pacific Time), so don't wait — start shopping now! Order online at www.GoDaddy.com or call 1-480-505-8821 today! Just enter source code gdp0809t in your shopping cart to get your discount or mention the code when you call.

rated:
Please enter source code gdbb994 in your cart or call 1-480-505-8877 and receive an additional 10% discount on your total order!

rated:
How is GoDaddy's CashParking program? i'm just looking for info on how to pay the hosting bill through ads.

rated:
If you've been shopping for a Dedicated or Virtual Dedicated Server, but can't find the right price, now is the time to buy! Act now to get an extra 15% OFF* Go Daddy® Servers. This special offer expires August 28, 2008,
This special offer expires Thursday, August 28, 2008 at midnight (Pacific Time), so start shopping today! Use source code gdp0810d to get your extra savings when you order online at GoDaddy.com or by phone at 1-480-505-8821.

rated:
magicanswers said: Nope. Not a good enough reason for me. Hiding behind a private registration sends more business away than you think. There are better ways to deal with spam than private regs.

Wow. Barring that this is off-topic...

I have an at home business, all my transactions are over the web; I have no need for anyone to see my house address since I'm not open for the public offline.

Before protecting my location, I had received a letter by mail, looking very official from the Government of Canada, stating that I had to send $30 to keep my domain registered.

Good thing I know how to google, so I could confirm it was spam, but someone bought my house address and we've had a lot of unwanted advertisements coming to our house since then.

I like security, both online and off, so yes, I will be keeping my information private from now on. If anyone needs to contact me, they can do so through my site - no need to look me up on a whois. I'm also subscribed to Hackersafe - if that doesn't secure the customer in knowing my products are reliable, then I don't want their business - they'd obviously be too much of a hassle.

Please note, Canadians don't have access to similar junk-mail stopping programs as the US does at the moment; it's a little more difficult to keep it away if you're not proactive.

And, to keep this on topic, I've just used code: gdbb994 for 10% off a .ca domain order, so this code does work for pretty much anything.

rated:
Mawashi said: How is GoDaddy's CashParking program? i'm just looking for info on how to pay the hosting bill through ads.

Cash parking is for (at least to my knowledge) parked domains. Since this would mean that you wouldn't be hosting them - I don't see how this would benefit you. My advise would be to get a google adsense account and keep it minimal.

rated:
Confirming, worked today:

The code gds0124a still works for the 25% off.

rated:
goxtgi200c just saved me a couple bucks per .com - $7.05 per copy! Thanks FatWallett!

rated:
...removed, incorrect info

rated:
Thanks for these - very helpful.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 17 8 9101153
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014