• Search this Topic »
rated:
50host2 worked for discount on renewing web hosting

rated:
promocode: WOWxx90xs

35% off

Enjoy

rated:
Tried several codes for multiple, mixed domain renewals. The only code that worked was gdbbx1705 for $9.99 domains.

Thanks all.

rated:
Farhood said:   Tried several codes for multiple, mixed domain renewals. The only code that worked was gdbbx1705 for $9.99 domains.

Thanks all.

Just used this for .com domain renewals, thanks!

rated:
BB50KD5 - $8.99 .com renewal. It says "The promotional code you entered requires a minimum $40.00 purchase of eligible products. Spend $30.83 more to save." But I didnt have to do that, was charged $8.99 + $0.18 only.

rated:
WOWSAVEZ35I just used this coupon to save $1100 on a server order. It is good for 35% off on NEW products only.

rated:
Farhood said:   Tried several codes for multiple, mixed domain renewals. The only code that worked was gdbbx1705 for $9.99 domains.

Thanks all.

Also works for .NET domain name renewals ($9.99). Thanks.

rated:
32% off
code go32off6

rated:
I'm not sure where this code came from, it was just in my cart, but worked for 99 cent domain. gofdd010

rated:
Anyone know when the 14% Cash Back is coming back? I need to place a large order and am OK with putting it off if the discount will be back soon-ish.

rated:
gofdd010 not working for me for a new .com, BUT GoDaddy suggested CJCDEFDEAD and the .com cost me $3.13

rated:
Knocks said:   Anyone know when the 14% Cash Back is coming back? I need to place a large order and am OK with putting it off if the discount will be back soon-ish.
  FYI, it's 14% right now.

rated:
gdbbx1705 still working for renewals, even for a .net

rated:
jodancer said:   gdbbx1705 still working for renewals, even for a .net
  Thanks worked today $1.00 off .info

rated:
$3.49 .com - nuts349
15% off - go15off6
10% off of get found - found6

rated:
Anyone has ssl coupon for 12,99 ? None of the forum is working. Thanks

rated:
35 % off any .com / .net / .org / etc domain

WOWxx90xs

enjoy

rated:
Just used new.com - 0.99 + ICANN fee - total US$ 1.17 code DB99CENTS

rated:
33% off for domain renewal code BBX1456D5

rated:
thanhhoandang said:   33% off for domain renewal code BBX1456D5
  Thank you! I renewed everything that's coming due this year and you just saved me $80!

rated:
thanhhoandang said:   33% off for domain renewal code BBX1456D5
The above code works!
I just saved $10.00 off a 2 domain renewal of $40.

Thanks!

rated:
jodancer said:   gdbbx1705 still working for renewals, even for a .net
  Confirmed. Just used it for .ORG domain renewals, discounted price after code was $9.99 each.

rated:
Tried BBX1456D5:
"The promotional code you entered is expired or inactive."

rated:
30% Off New Purchases. gd4341g 

rated:
swanriver said:   30% Off New Purchases. gd4341g
  This worked great for me! Many thanks

rated:
Was trying to renew 2 .com and 1 .net names. None of the codes on this page or the previous page are working for me anymore on renewals as of 4/02/2014 3:00 AM pacific time.

I get either 'code is expired or inactive' or 'not applicable to the products being purchased' error messages.

But at checkout it's automatically showing $4.18 off full price of $14.99 /year on the .com renewal and $5.35 off the full list price of $16.99 on the .net renewal without entering any coupons or codes.

rated:
I don't know what the heck GoDaddy did, but not a single one of these codes, recently commented on or in the main list worked for my domain renewal and private reg today. I'm about to have to pay full price. You've let me down, guys.

rated:
same here, trying to renew a .net domain, none of coupons are working,

rated:
Confirmed - I tried all the codes for renewals and new purchases and none worked.
Anyone know a cheaper solution than GoDaddy?

rated:
Vako said:   Confirmed - I tried all the codes for renewals and new purchases and none worked.

I'm considering transfering to HostGator for $7.95. Anyone knows how long the actual process takes? They mentioned it's about 5-7 days.

rated:
tokkok said:   
Vako said:   Confirmed - I tried all the codes for renewals and new purchases and none worked.

I'm considering transfering to HostGator for $7.95. Anyone knows how long the actual process takes? They mentioned it's about 5-7 days.

I just renewed some .net domains. None of these codes worked. I wish I'd looked into HostGator before purchasing. Oh well, I guess I'll revisit in two years.

rated:
chrispitude said:   
tokkok said:   I'm considering transfering to HostGator for $7.95. Anyone knows how long the actual process takes? They mentioned it's about 5-7 days.

HostGator is way too expensive!  There's no $7.95 domains there.  You can only buy your 1st domain for $12.95 and the rest starting from $15.95.  Also .ca domains are double the price of GoDaddy.
Even without the coupons, GoDaddy is much cheaper than HostGator.  Having said that, I buy my domains from GoDaddy and host them at HostGator because their hosting is much better than GoDaddy's.

rated:
I had some junk domains that I didn't feel like paying full price at GoDaddy to renew since I couldn't find a decent coupon so I decided to transfer them out of GoDaddy to namesilo.com using the coupon code buckoff so the transfers cost $7.39 icann fees included.

I have never used namesilo but the interface looks okay and worth checking out for the price.

rated:
ShatterGhost said:   I had some junk domains that I didn't feel like paying full price at GoDaddy to renew since I couldn't find a decent coupon so I decided to transfer them out of GoDaddy to namesilo.com using the coupon code buckoff so the transfers cost $7.39 icann fees included.

I have never used namesilo but the interface looks okay and worth checking out for the price.

Yeah, I'm going to give this a try, I'm fed up with go daddy now that they've jacked their prices & the codes are all dead.

rated:
ShatterGhost said:   I had some junk domains that I didn't feel like paying full price at GoDaddy to renew since I couldn't find a decent coupon so I decided to transfer them out of GoDaddy to namesilo.com using the coupon code buckoff so the transfers cost $7.39 icann fees included.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely give it a try.  Looks good and cheaper than GoDaddy.

rated:
Vako said:   
  Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely give it a try.  Looks good and cheaper than GoDaddy.

So my domain is expiring today, do I have time to transfer for $7.39?
Also, what happens if l let me domain expires, can I get it back after waiting 80 days or so with .99 promotions. I don't really care, if someone happen to take it away. What is the best way to try to get it back once I let it expire?

rated:

looks good, thanks. this is what I like as quoted from NameSilo:

Domain Renewals (all prices are per domain, per year)
We never charge more for renewing a domain than it would cost to register that domain (with the exception of .mobi)! No tricks to get you in the door as a customer and then raise the prices to keep your domains with us as is the case with many of our competitors.

rated:
nanga said:   
Vako said:   

So my domain is expiring today, do I have time to transfer for $7.39?
Also, what happens if l let me domain expires, can I get it back after waiting 80 days or so with .99 promotions. I don't really care, if someone happen to take it away. What is the best way to try to get it back once I let it expire?

You should have time to transfer the domain if the domain has not expired yet, they like you to do it within a week of expiration but it should go through as long as GoDaddy has not put the domain into a expired locked status.  The transfers that I did to namesilo took about 30 minutes to complete so the process is pretty much streamlined and straightforward.  I followed these steps to make the process simple. 

1. Created an account on namesilo.com
2. Logged into my GoDaddy account and launched the Domain Manager on the domain you want to transfer.
3. Under DOMAIN SETTINGS manage the LOCK setting and unlock the domain so it can be transferred. (I think GoDaddy has them locked by default)
4. Scroll down to the AUTHORIZATION CODE section at the bottom and have it email you the authorization code. (You use this code to initiate the transfer on namesilo)
5. Once you receive the authorization code, log into name silo and select the TRANSFER tab.
6. Put your domain name in the transfer a single domain and click search.
7. Put in the authorization code that GoDaddy emailed you and click Transfer these domains.
8. At this point I believe you pay for the domain transfer using the code buckoff it should be $7.39 
9. You will receive an email from GoDaddy about the transfer and you need to click the approve link in the email.  
10. It will log you into your GoDaddy account and you can either approve or deny the transfer.  Approve it if you want to allow the transfer to go through.
11. You then should get an email from namesilo and you go to your account there and accept the transfer and it is done. 

It sounds like a long process but the back and forth emails are there to protect your domain from just anyone initiating a transfer so although it seems like a hassle it is a good thing all around.
The emails that they send are not confusing and they explain the whole process.  Since you already used the authorization code in the initial transfer and have unlocked the domain at GoDaddy, godday will allow the transfer to take place and it will only take about a half of an hour for the whole process to work it's way through and you will see the domain name in your namesilo account. 

As far as what happens if you don't renew at GoDaddy, well a few things can happen.  GoDaddy may put a grace period on it, I have had an expired domain sit for about 30 days with no action happen to it but I wouldn't count on that since GoDaddy is all about making money so they may put a price tag on that grace period, if the domain goes defunct it may end up in the available domain pool so you can acquire it again or one of those domain squatting companies may buy it up and then charge you a premium price to buy it back.  I haven't let a domain expire in awhile or looked them back up when they do so the process could be different these days, I am sorry that I don't have any current information on that situation for you.  Perhaps some other people on here can chime in and let us know about their experiences with expired GoDaddy domains. 

I hope this helps, good luck with whatever you choose to do .  

rated:
Thanks ShatterGhost for detailed reply. Very helpful.

rated:
Thanks for this post. I am transferring my domains to NameSilo as well. No coupons to deal with just to get a fair price.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 149 50 515253
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014