• filter:
  • 14950 51 5253
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I'm going to try Namesilo too using code byedaddynowsilo or trynamesilo

rated:
donrull said:   Thanks for this post. I am transferring my domains to NameSilo as well. No coupons to deal with just to get a fair price.
  I agree with Don

rated:
I tried Shatterghost's method for NameSilo and it worked. My domain name was 1 day post renewal date on GoDaddy.

rated:
Yep, looks like I'm off too..... Ridiculous to pay GoDaddy's high prices and searching for coupons all the time when you can sit back and pay less without doing anything. Any reviews on Namesilo? have they been around for long and will they let you transfer out easily? Years ago I had a lot of trouble with a couple of registrars as they tried everything not to let me transfer out. Getting an authcode was a nightmare. I have a dedi at HostGator but I was always advised not to have domains and hosting in the same place....

rated:
Namesilo seems simple and easy interface. just moved 20 and 20 more in the works. you get whois privacy also for the same price after coupons with GoDaddy

rated:
For anyone interested in a .club domain, GoDaddy was giving out cards at Domainfest with a discount code CLUBFEST50 for $50 off a priority pre-reg domain through April 30, 2014.

rated:
sanereddy said:   Namesilo seems simple and easy interface. just moved 20 and 20 more in the works. you get whois privacy also for the same price after coupons with GoDaddy
  Looks like the exodus is in full gear, lol, go daddy can go #sand, we were getting screwed on the privacy too, even when they had codes!

rated:
Can I ask what may be a stupid question? If I have domains with GoDaddy that have multiple years left on them before renewal, do the years I already purchased transfer to namesilo?

rated:
Code buckoff only worked for $1 off one of my domains and can only be used one time. byedaddynowsilo would not take anything off .org renewal and trynamesilo is expired.

rated:
One more thing, per namesilo transfer page, "Get one FREE year added to the time remaining on your existing registration." Does this mean that you get 2 years when paying the fee for 1 year, or does it just mean that the transfer is about $9 and that includes a free year extension on the domain you transferred?

rated:
donrull said:   One more thing, per namesilo transfer page, "Get one FREE year added to the time remaining on your existing registration." Does this mean that you get 2 years when paying the fee for 1 year, or does it just mean that the transfer is about $9 and that includes a free year extension on the domain you transferred?

You will get time left on your current registrar plus one year in the transfer price....

rated:
donrull said:   Code buckoff only worked for $1 off one of my domains and can only be used one time. byedaddynowsilo would not take anything off .org renewal and trynamesilo is expired.
  I'm happy to use them with no code because their price is fair...@ $8.39 it's a $1.60 less than the $9.99 that go daddy had with a code never mind their absurd full price!

rated:
I have a bunch of domain names with GD to renew, and am in the same boat as everyone else. I sent out a tweet asking for recommendations of where to move my domains since GD was getting to expensive. GD responded and wanted to talk. Their response was they couldn't adjust any of the current pricing, but they'd give me 50% off of their discount domain club.

You join and then get domains at their everyday low price, currently $8.29 for a .com, plus other assorted benefits. The problem I see is that I'm needing to pay to be a member of this club, and there is no guarantee what the prices I will pay in the future.

I can simply move my domains name from GD to NameSilo, and get an everyday low price plus free private registration, without needing to join a special club.

Not sure why, but GD is really doing a disservice to their customers by clearing out all the renewal codes, and potentially trying to get them to join their discount domain club. I also foresee big backlash with this move of people moving to other services.

I've never tried NameSilo, but for some of my parked domains, I'll give them a try until GD gets their act together and brings the price back down.

rated:
FWIW, I transfered ~60 domains to NameSilo yesterday from GoDaddy. Other then a sh*tstorm of email, all went smoothly. Control panel seems decent. Not going to miss the coupon hunt of the continual upscale.

rated:
GoDaddy Doesn't seem to care... I sent a mail saying that due to the prices and lack of renewal coupons I would be transfering domains to another registrar they replied
GoDaddy said: Thank you for contacting Online Support. I understand you are upset at the discounts codes your receive. Our marketing department does occasionally send out emails containing promotional codes. If you haven't been receiving such emails you can still opt in by updating your account settings.
To subscribe to email special offers, follow these directions:

Answers like this confirm that I must move elsewhere! I don't want to pay for a club when I have a lot of domains and am  (WAS!) a loyal customer. I just want a fair price!

rated:
jodancer said:   GoDaddy Doesn't seem to care... I sent a mail saying that due to the prices and lack of renewal coupons I would be transfering domains to another registrar they replied
GoDaddy said: Thank you for contacting Online Support. I understand you are upset at the discounts codes your receive. Our marketing department does occasionally send out emails containing promotional codes. If you haven't been receiving such emails you can still opt in by updating your account settings.

Answers like this confirm that I must move elsewhere! I don't want to pay for a club when I have a lot of domains and am  (WAS!) a loyal customer. I just want a fair price!

That's what happens when they get $2.2 billion from KKR, ungrateful bastards!

rated:
jodancer said:   GoDaddy Doesn't seem to care... I sent a mail saying that due to the prices and lack of renewal coupons I would be transfering domains to another registrar they replied

After I contacted them and was offered a 50% discount on their domain club, I told them thank you but I was not interested and was going to move the accounts. They said ok and good luck, with out even putting up any effort to keep my business. I moved 10 of our domains over to NameSilo to try them out, and within 90 days when the next round of GD renewals come up, I'll have to see if GD gets their act together or I move another bunch over.

rated:
Doesn't look like any coupons on renewal

rated:
I found these renewal coupons - and they worked when I tested them about 30 minutes ago:

GO20OFF - 20% off Renewals
SAS15ORDER - $15 off $75 Renewal Purchase
SAS10ORDER 10% off Renewals
SAS5ORDER $5 off $30 Renewal Purchase

rated:
You rock thanks. 20% off worked on my hosting renewal. I need to look at alternatives.

rated:
Llilith said:   I found these renewal coupons - and they worked when I tested them about 30 minutes ago:

YMMV, as I tried all of these earlier in the week and couldn't get any of them to work.

rated:
Llilith said:   I found these renewal coupons - and they worked when I tested them about 30 minutes ago:

GO20OFF - 20% off Renewals worked for domain renewal. Order total $12.17.

Thank you!

rated:

rated:
It seems always free to get a domain in GoDaddy. What is the difference between GoDaddy and blue host. Which is better?

rated:
This is the end of GoDaddy as we know it. Once a company gets sold...they start to do funny things...greed.

rated:
$1.99 .com or transfer
mma199

rated:
85% off of managed word press hosting - $1/month
press5

72% off of economy hosting - $1/month
nuts12

rated:
I just tried it to transfer a domain from another provider and it didn't work.

rated:
Thank you GO20OFF gave me 20% off today.

rated:
None of the codes work anymore.

rated:
When a company gets sold they have big debt service. Goes with the territory.
KKR does not work cheap.  Heh.

So they are testing to see if we will pay the higher prices.
I suspect we are relatively unimportant to them. If they can get the 80% of their customers who are not price sensitive to pay up they will then have to decide if they really need us or not.

I haven't found any codes that work, but I called them on the phone a month ago and the rep on the phone put a discount on my renewal.

rated:
Sad to say -Looks like the party is over at GoDaddy and its time to jump ship. Been doin GoDaddy for years with great service, but dropping the love like this is a dealbreaker. No good codes for us renewal-phites for, what, couple months now? And the prices are ridiculous. That GO20OFF (possibly Llilith posted it first - thank you Lill)) works for a very limited number of domains only, so its just about worthless if you have "a load" to renew.

Been coming here for years (this particular thread in fact - years before I signed up even) and almost never post as my good neighbors here are always well ahead of me when find something juicy. Reason I am posting now is to 1) comfirm that it does well to begin to migrate (or let the gouging begin -assuming you can afford it), and 2) thank the host[s] and members here ...this has been the most productive (and friendly) support for tracking codes, amoung other things fatwallet stewards here.

So maybe I can offer at least a small 'give back' to the community in this thread... my take so far on best-looking 'inexpensive' registrar options to check out for migrating based on IT-centric sites (blogs and forums and such) looks like this (not in any order):
- name.com
- Namecheap.com
- hover.com
- dynadot.com

There are others, but I see these mentioned alot among my IT peers, so I would trust trying out new business with any of them.

Parting comments...
Its curious -I do not see any articles (blogs etc) about GoDaddy's pricing becoming uncompetitive since 2013. ??huh?? It will be interesting to see if long-standing customers like me will begin leaving and if we will begin to see some proper chatter (soon I hope) in IT circles about GoDaddy's attitude in this regard (or lack thereof). I've been hosting since several years before 2000- when I made the move to GoDaddy from NetworkSolutions and been with them ever since. (In fact, I work with Parson's accounting software in the 80's and 90's supporting several of my accountant clients who used it back then. but I digress...)

I would think the company would see a value in the coupon scooping activity on the internet ...it obviously brings in business, and helps maintain old business. oh well, we'll see.

Big thanks again to neighbors here.

rated:
well TwoHawks, well put!

rated:
Will go with NameSilo, Have about 45 or so to transfer.
Thanks
RoberT JoneS

rated:
35% off Renewals with Coupon 35ren214 - should apply to .com, .net, and .org renewals only. Expires 6/12/14

Update - not working now, sorry.

rated:
Is there a way to do a bulk transfer to name silo from GoDaddy. basically get all my authorization codes from GoDaddy in one shot?

rated:
elptrainerny said:   Is there a way to do a bulk transfer to name silo from GoDaddy. basically get all my authorization codes from GoDaddy in one shot?
  You have to request each authorization code email separately, but can bulk transfer them to NameSilo once you have all the codes.

rated:
I have domain with GoDaddy and acitivily using many email accounts with gmail app with my domain name (and weebly for my website).....I don't exactly remember how I did that but I and my users use username@mydomain.com to log in to gmail and use gmail.

Question: if I transfer my domain to another provider, is my domain emails which is powered by gmail going to be affected? Will my users experience interuptions or lost email/passwords? Do I need to change any settings with gmail app? If so where?

rated:
You shouldn't have to change anything. The domains are normally transferred and all nameserver records  etc details are kept the same.

rated:
I had been with GoDaddy for YEARS. Just started migrating to NAME.COM since GoDaddy does not offer an incentive for existing clients to stay with them. Their domain renewal rates are TERRIBLE and their coupons for domain renewals are few and far between. Transfer was quick and painless.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 14950 51 5253
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014