• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Dell Home & Home Office Accessories Store has the SIMPLETECH CompactFlash 256MB (Search for "250571" for $120.95. Use the 10% off on all items coupon (code: 7A83FE73C267, expires on 5/15) and get $30 back by mail-in-rebate. The final price is $120.95-$12.1-$30=$78. Free shipping and tax free in most states!!

Link

Enzoy !!!!!

use FatCash for another 1-2% off

Where is the rebate?

Hi,
I'm new at this digital camera thing. I got the hp315 and missed out on the extra memory because i was too excited. But my questions is can i upgrade this compactflash with other names, or do i have to stick with sandisk. Also, what is this type I they list. Some listings does not show a type for it. Or is all compactflash the same?

Thanks

FreeIsGood,

There are (to my knowledge) two types of CompactFlash, type I is the older standard one, while type II means it is compatible with newer formats, like IBM's Microdrive. As far as brands, while Sandisk would prefer you stayed with them, there is no reason why you can't buy other brands. In fact, a lot of them are all made in the same factory and rebranded with stickers.

Thanks for the info.
Would you know if hp 315 is compatible with type II ? I'm assuming if it isn't listed as type I and looks like the one i have then it must be type I. I hope that is correct.

HP315 will accept any type 1 CF, doesn't have to be specific brand. However, you can't transfer the pictures to your comp from your camera if the CF more than 32MB. You have to use a card reader. Even the Tech Support at HP admit it and dunno what's the problem.

I used to have one and I gave it to my sister. It's very nice one.

BTW, thanks for the CF deal. Gon'na get one.

Is this brand any good?

Well, that bites, my first camera and it won't xfer more than 32 mb.. geez. now i need to look for a deal for a card reader.

wow! bump for an awesome deal!

Thank you raj! This will go perfect with my Canon S110.

not to crap because this is an excellent price for the quantity of mb's.

BUT

check this out - Link

It's a CF review tested on a Nikon 995 sorted by JPEG performance. Look what brand ends up last... Granted it is the 512 instead of the 256 but in my own personal tests Simpletech has been slow as hell.

I just got a new nikon 995 and my lexar 8x card writes a fine image in 2 seconds. My lexar 4x card does the same. Then I tried out my 128mb Mr. Flash Card (super-generic I expected to be slow) and it wrote the same fine image in about 5 seconds. Then I popped in one of my 32mb Simpletech cards and it wrote it in a whopping 5.5 seconds! I was blown away to say the least.

I'd go with Viking (good prices @ Amazon), or lexar (4x, 8x, 12x, or 16x).

Just my 3 cents.

the last guy got a point there.... check dpreview ... i think i've mentioned this in another tread too... stay away... you could get a sandisk 128 for $89 shipped at amazon...

Note that in this particular test the Lexar 16x is slower than their 12x. I believe it is heavily dependent on the device you test on as well. I just recently bought a Viking brand 256M based on dpreview, but haven't noticed much improvement over my Sandisk 128M, which is a slow brand according to dpreview.

glee719 is right -- the speed is highly dependant on the device being used. Earlier in the same review, the SimpleTech was the second fastest (beat most others by a wide margin) on a Canon EOS-D30

It was also one of the fastest on a Canon EOS-1D

Here's another review of how different cameras make use of fast cards comparing the Canon EOS-D30, Canon S40 and Olympus E-20N. Looks like Canons do a good job getting the most out of fast cards.

What are Dell's Pricematching policies ? buy.com has it for $110. PM it to $110 - use the OTU 15% coupon at Fatwallet (-$16.50) and -$30 rebate = Total $63.50

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014