• filter:
  • 1172173174175 176
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Man...yo should get paid for the help you give out on this and a couple of other forums.Thank You just does not seem like enough! I do,however,Thank You !!

rated:
Well said!  Tracfancier is "one of a kind" -- and a great many of us owe him a big round of THANKS!

rated:
TenerifeSharon said:   Well said!  Tracfancier is "one of a kind" -- and a great many of us owe him a big round of THANKS!
  Indeed!  Tracfancier is indeed a Scholar and a Gentleman!

rated:
tracfancier said:   In need of cheap airtime?

See if you can beat this price for a new Tracfone Android and a separate ONE YEAR AIRTIME CARD.
no tax, fees or shipping (put the airtime on ANY Tracfone (using a promo code with a dumbphone)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZTE-Valet-Android-Smartphone-1200-Minute...

This deal is now up to $79.99...

Still $5 less than the cost of the airtime card alone.

rated:
Did shopcelldeals drop their emailed card deal? It's not on eBay.

rated:
Peale said:   Did shopcelldeals drop their emailed card deal? It's not on eBay.
  No it is still there for the 200M/90D and the 400M/365D
http://stores.ebay.com/shopcelldeals/_i.html?rt=nc&_nkw=tracfone...

rated:
70583 just worked for 250 bonus minutes on a 1 year 400 minute card. A total of 1450 minutes added to my TMFL dumbphone.
I first tried 67988 for 300 bonus minutes, but it told me I used it already, which was true. Luckily, it lets you try again to submit a new code.

rated:
Unless it has been changed, you get three tries. On the fourth try the airtime addition goes through with NO promo code. To be safe, after TWO tries, close your browser and begin again with a different browser. Maybe clearing cookies or such would also work, so that the site does not remember your attempts.

If it goes through with no promo code you can still call CS and say the site malfunctioned. But you only get ONE chance at giving them a good promo code.

67988 and 88542
both give 300 free minutes with a 400M/365D card. (but may end 02/28/15)  Worked this Month.

NOTE:  The first of each Month brings the possibility that a listed promo code has expired.

rated:
anyone got a promo code for 120 minutes? thanks

rated:
Niteghost said:   anyone got a promo code for 120 minutes? thanks
79679 - 60 free minutes added to a 120 minute card or higher. (may end 02/28/15) (Worked: 02/21/15)
96512 - 40 free minutes added to a 120 minute card or higher. (may end 02/28/15) (Worked: 02/23/15)

THE FOLLOWING WAS LAST CONFIRMED TO WORK ON 12/23/14
32313 - 50 free minutes added to a 120 minute card or higher. (may end 02/28/15)

rated:
12745 - 60 free minutes when used with a 60 minute card or higher. (may end 03/31/15) (Worked 03/03/15)

UPDATE:  Now I hear it may end March 10.

rated:
tracfancier,
Have you seen anything better than 60 minutes on a 200 minute card in the last 3-4 months?
Thanks for your help and many posts!

rated:
dj63401 said:   tracfancier,
Have you seen anything better than 60 minutes on a 200 minute card in the last 3-4 months?
Thanks for your help and many posts!

There has been nothing higher than 60 minutes for far too long..

rated:
79679 - 60 bonus minutes on a 200 minute card, verified good 4 March 2015.

rated:
tracfancier said:   12745 - 60 free minutes when used with a 60 minute card or higher. (may end 03/31/15) (Worked 03/03/15)

This just added an hour to my 120 card.
Thank you, friend!

rated:
Awesome, worked for me! Bought 120, got 6o bonus minutes

rated:
any way at all to find extremely cheap TIME vs minutes anytime soon? I have way too many minutes on my extra (tracfone) & am considering wasting my over 1,000 remaining minutes (time up 5/1 I think)... not willing to pay much to extend time... that $50/yr on top of cheap card is a ripoff. I've been spending too much at $80/yr since don't use this triple-min enhanced phone much.

any extreme deals out there, like buy a cheap phone that comes with a couple 60-min cards?

rated:
or... are there ever any bonus codes that would extend the days of service rather than minutes? (i have over 1,000 minutes & not much time to use them if i want to stop using this phone completely, which is my goal)

i know i'm not the only one with this problem. there just seems to be no good answers. again, i don't want to spend much at all on this phone as i've already spent too much.

thanks!

rated:
Back on 5/15/14 Tracfone started forcing the transfer of your phone number with your airtime as a means of halting/slowing the harvesting of cheap airtime from promotional bundles.

So no, there is NO cheap way, short of upgrading to a cheaply bundled new phone. Every one has their own idea of what constitutes a "cheap" bundle.

There is a glitch that doubles the days of service when TRANSFERING to a Smartphone. But you first have to have a substantial number of days for a meaningful doubling. Also, smartphones are not offered "supersizing", so there is no way to add days by themselves. Only to upgrade again to a cheaply bundled smartphone. Also be aware that promo codes cannot be used with smartphones.

Right now the cheapest bundle that comes with the 400M/365D airtime is $79.99 delivered price.
You could transfer/consolidate phones, but will you easily end up with the correct phone number (force transferred)on the keeper phone?

rated:
oh really? so now you can't get any cards that come with cheap phones & use them for your original phone..? bummer.

i don't like the way the smartphones work with tracfone - evenly split across categories, when i'm betting most people don't use them evenly... meaning a person would have to recharge when getting low on one category & then having extra accumulating in the least-used category - well, you know what i mean.

the $80 i'd pay for that new phone is about what i'd pay to keep all my minutes & add a bunch of new minutes to my already minute-laden account.. i guess there's no easy way to add time, & i really am looking for more of a way off this tracfone merry-go-round.

maybe i will just (begrudgingly) add a 60-minute card (i think there's a $5 off code now) to add 3 months onto my phone, & try even harder to use my minutes. i really hate this! scratch that - the -$5 code isn't working for me, even tho it worked for some in the past who were just buying a card. this whole thing is annoying.

rated:
So if I transfer to a smartphone AFTER adding 400M/365D airtime card then I end up with three "buckets" of minutes/data/text AND over TWO years of service days (due to the glitch).
Is that correct tracfancier?

rated:
i'm sorta wondering, too, although that i have had the added confusion in the past of them only trying to offer AT&T tower phones in my area when i needed the Verizon tower phone (since i travel to a woody area a lot in the summer, & AT&T didn't work well up there). unfortunately, even tho i obtained (for extra cost, of course) a Verizon phone & had my number/minutes transferred - nothing but talk & text would work up there..... no picture messaging at all. i had to wait to get back to town to retrieve anything like that. strange! so i guess i'd be pretty leery about smart phones working well all over, especially in my weird case.

rated:
Verizon does not offer Smartphone roaming to the MVNO`s.
They coverage Verizon allows the MVNO`s is what they give their own prepaid customers
Tracfone CDMA dumbphones do include roaming.
Tracfone has never allowed data when roaming (too expensive to provide)

Tracfone Smartphones triple-triple the airtime
The first triple is because they are all TMFL
Then they put that tripled amount into each of the three buckets

You can split the triple-triple and double your days by putting the airtime on a TMFL dumbphone.
The dumbphone does the first tripling- a 60M/90D card becomes 180M and 90D
TRANSFER the 180M/90D/phone number to the smartphone for the second tripling and the glitch doubling
The smartphone received 180M talk/180 text/180Mb data and 180D of service.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   So if I transfer to a smartphone AFTER adding 400M/365D airtime card then I end up with three "buckets" of minutes/data/text AND over TWO years of service days (due to the glitch).
Is that correct tracfancier?

Correct.
The glitch only works during transfers to a smartphone.  If you transfer again to a better smartphone the days double again
The glitch does not work when adding airtime.

rated:
i've obviously not been around much... so all these short forms just confuse me.

MVNO?
TMFL?

all so confusing!

i just wish i could figure out how best to use my 100+ minutes asap by 5/1 so i wouldn't feel like i threw away so much money over the past couple of years. (& then get away from tracfone altogether)

rated:
MVNO mobile virtual network operator
TMFL triple minutes for life

Call your Mother!

rated:
It's a interesting post. Am I late?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1172173174175 176
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015