• filter:
  • 1173174175176 177
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
jkbond said:   What is changing on 5/1/2015? I have seen several mentions of people needing to use up exiting minutes on existing phone by that deadline date. Why? What's up?
  I have heard nothing along those lines myself.

rated:
tracfancier said:   
jkbond said:   What is changing on 5/1/2015? I have seen several mentions of people needing to use up exiting minutes on existing phone by that deadline date. Why? What's up?
  I have heard nothing along those lines myself.

Maybe he is talking about Straight Talk issue?

rated:
i am still so confused. i just can't see throwing away the 1000+ minutes i have, but i won't spend $60 to get a few minutes plus another year of service..

i know it was said that there's some glitch with transferring to another phone (smart phone) in that you'd get double time or something (???), but obviously i'd have to buy a year card first (one with minutes as long as i'm spending the money).

is there anywhere to get a really cheap but ok smart phone, so it would be worth going through the hassle (i'd only want one that used Verizon towers)? & is it a for sure thing about the doubling of time?

the last time i transferred stuff to another phone (which went well), i did it through some guy - i don't know if it was via a facebook page or what.. i just know it went well. but would that mess up the glitch?

i only have until 5/1, as mentioned before...

rated:
Tracfone has a service protection plan that extends you 30 days for $5.99 automatically when you run out of time. Maybe you could use this until you use up your minutes? Is it worth 6 bucks a month to you?

rated:
nico1et said:   i am still so confused. i just can't see throwing away the 1000+ minutes i have, but i won't spend $60 to get a few minutes plus another year of service..

i know it was said that there's some glitch with transferring to another phone (smart phone) in that you'd get double time or something (???), but obviously i'd have to buy a year card first (one with minutes as long as i'm spending the money).

is there anywhere to get a really cheap but ok smart phone, so it would be worth going through the hassle (i'd only want one that used Verizon towers)? & is it a for sure thing about the doubling of time?

the last time i transferred stuff to another phone (which went well), i did it through some guy - i don't know if it was via a facebook page or what.. i just know it went well. but would that mess up the glitch?

i only have until 5/1, as mentioned before...

The doubling days glitch has been there since the introduction of the Tracfone Androids.  But there is NO guarantee it will always be there.  I would not recommend getting a new CSR person who will see the before and after days and not understand it is normal and mistakenly try to correct the days.  The experience people are now recommending you do everything from an online Tracfone account that you have added the phones.

You are wasting the effort if you do not put a lot of days on the phone prior to transferring service to the smartphone.  As long as the glitch lasts, every transfer (upgrade) to a better smartphone will again double the days.  Do too many too fast and you risk Tracfone feeling you are taking advantage of them.  Understand that there is ALWAYS a costly risk with Tracfone,.  Their incompetence can both help and hurt you..

The glitch works ONLY during service TRANSFERS to activate a SMARTPHONE.  NEVER transfer to an active smartphone, you will delete its current airtime and phone number..

The smartphones use Verizon service, but WITHOUT the roaming you get with Tracfone Verizon CDMA dumbphones.
Everyone has a spending limit.  I recommend you look at the SCD offerings and choose the most bang for your buck limit.

http://stores.ebay.com/shopcelldeals/_i.html?rt=nc&_nkw=tracfone...

This Tracfone promo code forum is not the correct FW forum for discussing this subject, please post further questions concerning Tracfone phones and bundles here (before the moderators step in)::

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/834707/?start=3400

rated:
dj63401: hmm... wonder what i'd have to do for that...? nevermind, i saw it.

tracfancier: oops, sorry!

thanks for the info. i see my minutes are down to 750 now, so maybe this is all a non-issue if i use them more quickly. plus the non-roaming thing on the smart phone wouldn't work for me since the main reason i got that extra phone in the first place was for using up there (had gotten a G phone - AT&T? - originally but then had to buy a different one for reception - C?).

rated:
Code 12745 just gave me 60 bonus minutes on my 60 minute card.

Thanks tracfancier!

rated:
Bonus Code 67988 worked today for 300 bonus minutes on a 400 Minute One year card.

rated:
I used code 12745  yesterday on a 200 minute card for 60 bonus minutes.

rated:
I just used code 52464 on a TMFL phone with 60 minute card x 3 + 30 bonus minutes = 210 minutes

rated:
Code 12745 worked for me today for 60 bonus minutes on a 60 minute card.

rated:
12745 gave me 60 bonus minutes on a 60 minute card today. Thank you to whomever is responsible for sharing that code!!!

rated:
Referring to above comment... thanks to you also for sharing the code 12745! Somehow wound up with 120 bonus minutes for a total of 180 on a sixty minute card!

rated:
confirming 12745 just gave me 60 bonus minutes on a 60 minute card today

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1173174175176 177
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015