• 1 2 34530
  • Page
  • Text Only
The0ne said: Anyone having trouble getting the deal to go through? I am. They are asking for a promotional code as well as the company name. So if you have no code they ask for the company name. If you company is not part of the promotion they will refuse. I talked to another and he added an additional individual or family plan. Thus I would pay 2 x $39.99 per month for individual or $59.99 for the upgraded.

If anyone has gotten this to work let me know how you went about doing so or whom who spoke with. Thanks.

The code is "Windows Mobile". IF they dont get it, try spelling it slowly... My CSR was able to bring up the promo description right away.

On the dash thread, someone posted the following workaround to get unlimited internet via t-zones. I had to play with it a bit b/c apparently the interface for the Wing (Windows Mobile 6.0) is a bit different than for Dash (WM 5.0), but eventually I got it to work. It's not super fast, but hey, $5.99 is a lot cheaper than $30.

RapaciousEbayer said: tzones plan workaround, Make sure you follow these directions step-by-step:

Connections -> Proxy -> T-Zones Proxy setup
Connects from: WAP Network
Connects to: The Internet
Proxy (name : port): 216.155.165.50:8080
Type: HTTP
User name: <blank>
Password: <blank>

Connections -> GPRS-> T-Mobile Data
Connects to: WAP Network
Access point: wap.voicestream.com
User name: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
IP address: <blank>

Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Options -> Connections
Automatically detect settings is checked
Select network: WAP Network

Messaging -> Options -> Account Settings
Network: WAP Network

mikegelf said: I played with the Wing in the store.. b/c I was originally in between getting the Wing and the Dash.. but the Wing had a much nicer, bigger keyboard which was easier to use, a larger LCD, and an awesome touchscreen with stylus. And it's really not that much bigger/heavier.

You've got to be kidding. That thing is a brick compared to the Dash. Time to get your glasses checked, grandpa.

Fauntleroy said: You've got to be kidding. That thing is a brick compared to the Dash. Time to get your glasses checked, grandpa.

Dorkboy, I'm not looking to get into an argument. It's subjective. Of course the dash is thinner and lighter than the Wing. But what I said is that the Wing is not as much thicker or heavier as I thought it would be. And compared to what it has to offer vs the Dash, for *ME* it is a no-brainer.

As someone else said, once you've used the Wing with the big touchscreen LCD, going back to the Dash is like using the computer without a mouse.

But, hey, if you wanna stick with old-times without a "mouse" then have fun, gramps. Let me know how your old black & white tube television is doing, too.

Cingular 8525 Vs. T-Mobile Wing

8525 - Is a pocket PC. You can use it as a palm-computer even if you don't have a cell phone voice/data service. Comes with WiFi. Good speed processor.

Wing - <can someone add info here?)

Thanks in advance.

quick question:

the Wing has WiFi...so does that mean i can connect to ANY wireless or is it limited to just Tmobile Hotspots?

TIA

Thanks Method for answering my question. Maybe I didn't make this clear enough. I had use the "Windows mobile" code BUT these CSR's I've talked to keep asking for another code. Since there was no info in the original post about another code to use I was baffled. However, the last CSR actually got up and went around to check on the info and came back to set up the plan. But he wanted me to either add a second line in addition to mine and pay 2x$39.99 per month or switch to a family plan with 2 lines for $59.99. I don't want either of those. I want to get the promotion, add a line if I have to but not pay twice as much on my current plan. Maybe I should spell all this out SLOWLY to you eh ArRoW21.

I've talked to 5 different CSR's now. 4 of them were cluessless to the promotion hence confused me in the process. The only one the knew was the FIRST CSR I talked to and hung up on him accidently ><!

Now did anyone get in on the deal but didn't have to pay more than what they are currently paying? Just curious.

The0ne said: Thanks Method for answering my question. Maybe I didn't make this clear enough. I had use the "Windows mobile" code BUT these CSR's I've talked to keep asking for another code. Since there was no info in the original post about another code to use I was baffled. However, the last CSR actually got up and went around to check on the info and came back to set up the plan. But he wanted me to either add a second line in addition to mine and pay 2x$39.99 per month or switch to a family plan with 2 lines for $59.99. I don't want either of those. I want to get the promotion, add a line if I have to but not pay twice as much on my current plan. Maybe I should spell all this out SLOWLY to you eh ArRoW21.

I've talked to 5 different CSR's now. 4 of them were cluessless to the promotion hence confused me in the process. The only one the knew was the FIRST CSR I talked to and hung up on him accidently ><!

Now did anyone get in on the deal but didn't have to pay more than what they are currently paying? Just curious.

Hey, I wasn't insulting you, just t-mobiles CSRs, some are pretty good. But then again... some are not. I had to sign up for an additional line and I am going to keep paying on that, but I have a grandfathered plan(39.99 1000min free N/W) I do not want to loose. The 29.99 plan I got was for the new line with the Wing btw....

Here was my experience
Thanks OP. I just signed up for an additional line on my OOC single line. I was able to get a $29.99 plan and $150 for the Wing minus a $50 rebate. I am hoping I will get lucky and get a CSR that will help me extend my old line contract for a year and can delete the new number I doubt it, but worth a try when I get the wing this friday. IF not... then my mom get a free phone line for a year and I get a new Wing. Good luck to all. FYI : The CSR I talked to said there was no minimum on the plan and no data package needed!

CSR accepted my code (windows mobile). No question about my employer or anything. 1 yr contract, no activation fee, no need of data plan.

I want one, but 200MHz processor is 50% of 8525. CSR said, Wing can be used as a pocket pc too. Tempting....

I have a question, I have a single line, so I add this as a new line correct? Then can add it to a My Faves Family Plan on my original single line?

ArRoW21 said: I am hoping I will get lucky and get a CSR that will help me extend my old line contract for a year and can delete the new number I doubt it, but worth a try when I get the wing this friday. IF not... then my mom get a free phone line for a year and I get a new Wing. Good luck to all. FYI : The CSR I talked to said there was no minimum on the plan and no data package needed!

That's what I did to get a Dash. Read the Dash thread (it is essentially the same deal, different phone) to move the new contract to the old line, keep the Wing and the grandfathered plan. A lot of people had done it.

anyone know how to view the text messages in a sort of 'branch' view so that all messages from a particular sender fall under that sender's name? a lot of other phones do this..

Method, that's what I'm trying to accomplish with these CSR's but have not been successful. My contract has already ended and I'm on a month to month basis now. Anyone have a name of a CSR I can personally request to have this deal go through without additional headache(s) and cost? Would be much appreciated.

soo, the only way to get this deal that i've read is by adding lines to your family plans and so on... how about doing that with a non-family plan... in otherwords... i'm just an individual, could i do something like... add a line... then:
    1-disconnect the line within the grace period and still keep the phone (paid for of course)(what are the T-Mobile rules about the grace period.

2-get them to put the contract on my 1000 minutes plus Night and Weekends for 39.99/month and disconnect the new number along with the added service.

3-, a line that is only internet, then merge the lines together... what would happen with the number.

Could i simply order it with a new number and if it turns out that there is no way around it, send it back and not get any charges or contract commitments.
thanks
Iron

Ironrey, so far I have no luck trying to get this to work for Individual plans (my plan). I can but they want me to cough up additonal service plan costs. If you get it to work, let me know

ArRoW21, lol...sorry, I re-read your post and I mistaken that comment for me instead of the CSR's. Sorry about that. After the 4th CSR my head was burning FYI: Spelling and repeating it several times did not work They want to remain clueless.

thanks a lot...in for 1

If this is true, that will be agood deal I want, But the plan requires a data plan to one year contract? I need not any data plan, only want the wing!

im still debating whether or not to get this or not

i use a motorola a630 only for txting
should i go ahead and add a line to my parents family account and get this phone?
how good is this phone for txting o_o

chaserx said: I went with Sprint SERO - free Q instead of $50 Dash, and $30 per month instead of $60+.

How did you get the Q for free? It's $79.99 on their site and I couldn't find a rebate for it.

today i decided to call and get the wing... to my surprise, the CPR told me the phone was $99 BEFORE $50 rebate. yes i was charged 99+ tax for the phone, and then i get the 50 mail in rebate on top of that... $50 for a WING.. SCORE!!!!!

The0ne said: Ironrey, so far I have no luck trying to get this to work for Individual plans (my plan). I can but they want me to cough up additonal service plan costs. If you get it to work, let me know

After reading your posts, I interpreted them as meaning you're trying to upgrade your phone through the Windows Mobile promotion, while keeping your number and plan. I seriously doubt this will work. What you NEED to do is basically sign up for a new line, or make your individual plan a family plan (thus adding a line). Then you'd be able to get the phone for whatever promotional price the CSR decides you should get. Most people seem to be getting $149 - $50 rebate, but z0oness seemed to have better luck than most. I personally would suggest signing up for a new line if you're only keeping 1 line just to keep things simple. When you receive the phone, you should either cancel the old, out of contract line or switch it to a prepaid plan. If you cancel, they're supposed to hold the number for you for up to 90 days, and you would call in on the new line and tell them you want to put the old number on it. The process should take anywhere from half a day to 2 days max. Switching the line to prepaid also works the same way.

I got a total of 5 Dash phones before the Wing was released, and was able to keep all 5 numbers on my family plan doing the above. I switched 2 to prepaid, and cancelled 3, and was able to port all 5 old numbers to the new lines.

Oh, whatever plan you had before will of course be voided, and you'd get whatever current individual plan (traditional, myfaves, or whatever the case may be) you decide to sign up for.

Riuski said: The0ne said: Ironrey, so far I have no luck trying to get this to work for Individual plans (my plan). I can but they want me to cough up additonal service plan costs. If you get it to work, let me know

After reading your posts, I interpreted them as meaning you're trying to upgrade your phone through the Windows Mobile promotion, while keeping your number and plan. I seriously doubt this will work. What you NEED to do is basically sign up for a new line, or make your individual plan a family plan (thus adding a line). Then you'd be able to get the phone for whatever promotional price the CSR decides you should get. Most people seem to be getting $149 - $50 rebate, but z0oness seemed to have better luck than most. I personally would suggest signing up for a new line if you're only keeping 1 line just to keep things simple. When you receive the phone, you should either cancel the old, out of contract line or switch it to a prepaid plan. If you cancel, they're supposed to hold the number for you for up to 90 days, and you would call in on the new line and tell them you want to put the old number on it. The process should take anywhere from half a day to 2 days max. Switching the line to prepaid also works the same way.

I got a total of 5 Dash phones before the Wing was released, and was able to keep all 5 numbers on my family plan doing the above. I switched 2 to prepaid, and cancelled 3, and was able to port all 5 old numbers to the new lines.

Oh, whatever plan you had before will of course be voided, and you'd get whatever current individual plan (traditional, myfaves, or whatever the case may be) you decide to sign up for.

Will the rebates be still valid when you port?

irgins said: Will the rebates be still valid when you port?

No reason they wouldn't. All you have to do is make sure that you put both your old number and the number they gave you for the new line when you submit the rebate.

zOoness, could you call them back to make sure you will get wing. I did call today, at first they did not know about wing, then they checked and told me the price was $150.00 before rebate. I just received my 4 dash today. I'll call them tomorrow to let them send my replace with wing. Please confirm with us if you get 99 before rebate. Dash is very cool but I believe Wing should be better except little bulky. I like PDA any way. Thank you

zOoness said: today i decided to call and get the wing... to my surprise, the CPR told me the phone was $99 BEFORE $50 rebate. yes i was charged 99+ tax for the phone, and then i get the 50 mail in rebate on top of that... $50 for a WING.. SCORE!!!!!

yeah we were talking about the phone when i called. im sure she would know the difference between the dash and wing.

Reviews for Wing are just so-so:

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/htc_wing/

battery is great but CPU is slooow and redraws are slooow.

zOoness said: today i decided to call and get the wing... to my surprise, the CPR told me the phone was $99 BEFORE $50 rebate. yes i was charged 99+ tax for the phone, and then i get the 50 mail in rebate on top of that... $50 for a WING.. SCORE!!!!!

What did you sign up for? 2 year or 1 year contract?

funkmasterta said: Reviews for Wing are just so-so:

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/htc_wing/

battery is great but CPU is slooow and redraws are slooow.

I have heard you can overclock the processor, but I dont know what effect it will have on battery life or heat....

Got shot down at the last stage.
Was told needed to email someone by the name "Nick Suwanvichit" who was responsible for the Windows Mobile Promotion!!

Anyone else face that same issue?

khatru try again, I didnt have to email anyone! I doubt anyone else did either. My phone should be arriving today too! I am sooo excited!

As of yesterday the price is $99 before rebate.

Thinking about buying one of these for my son. What additional service would I need to purchase for his line to support this phone? How much is the service per month? We would want to surf the Internet and email.

DPG said: As of yesterday the price is $99 before rebate.

Strange, I just called to check on the price(wanted to see if I could get a price adjustment) with the windows mobile code. Still 149.99-50 rebate = 99.99. I wonder how some are getting it for 99.99-50 rebate?

Jym :

What does your son have now and are you going to use this deal or just buy the phone? If you want to surf anywhere you need a data package. If you just watn to use T-Mobile hotzone setting you can try the cheaper method at 5 bucks a month I think.

soory, still have a problem? I just closed my service of Tmobile for getting the Wing, I plan to apply for a new family plan for the promotion. But I don't know if the ways is valid. Because I heard from others I can not setup new account to old existing user. Who can give a correct answer?

Price was still $149 before rebate when I called today (at least on 1yr plan).
Ordered one, no problems. I didn't get a data plan but I did get TZones for now. If the rebate is not valid I'll still consider it a good deal for the device before rebate.

Rebate Link

Appears that I just need to have a voice AND/OR data plan > $36.99/mo to qualify, I know some folks had issue in the DASH thread so who knows.

If you follow the links from the Dash thread, linked above, you'll get to the MSDN Site with offers, choose the view products link and you can find the offer Info Online. <- Maybe not the exact same offer though.

I just got in on the deal as well!

Had to make 3 phone calls:

1. first operator asked me for my Tax ID, hung up
2. second asked me for my business name, hung up
3. no problems at all, helped me establish a new account in my existing account.

For the $149 with $50 rebate, with a 1 year contract.

woo hoo!

thanks again.

I am not sure if this is the same rebate form I am recieving tonight. Since my CSR said there was not a required amount on the monthly fee. But here is a link that seems to work.

REBATE

DP... sorry

Got one. Greate deal. Thanks.

• Archived From: ForumsHot Deals

• 1 2 34530
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014